Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation (16502 Views)

Top Politicians Woo Senators With $50,000 Each To Impeach Saraki - Daily Indept. / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 31, 2013
Three days after some youths staged protest at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu in solidarity with the embattled minister of aviation, Stella Oduah, fresh indications have emerged that the protest was allegedly sponsored by the ministry.

Contrary to the claims that the protesters were Igbo Youths, a source told DailyPost that they were students of the Institute of Management and Technology, IMT, Enugu.

According to the source, trouble started when the organizers refused to pay the students the agreed amount.

One of the protesters who spoke under anonymity told our correspondent that they were initially promised N10, 000 each, adding that “after the protest, they took us to the Enugu Press Centre, where we were given only N4,000.

“This was quite against the earlier agreement we reached. They shortchanged us so much and we are not happy about that”.

Further investigations by DailyPost showed that a particular non-governmental organization based in Enugu was earlier allegedly approached by one of the minister’s aide to organize the protest with the sum of N1.5 million but the director declined.

It was gathered that a prominent media worker based in the South-East later accepted to organize the “fake protest.

“He went to the IMT, got some students and had a deal with them. The students didn’t even know why they were at the airport, neither could their supposed leader say the platform under which they were protesting.

“Somebody had to whisper Igbo Youths from behind”, the source added

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/10/29/investigation-reveals-enugu-pro-oduah-protesters-got-n4000-each/

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by Tonitelli: 9:16am On Oct 31, 2013
You have to be kidding me!!laugh no go kill me for this country!!

15 Likes

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 31, 2013
Look at the Nigerian youth selling their future for pittance

18 Likes

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 31, 2013
I said it.

grin

Some of them be like;

Emeka: bia Okoli! Mazi Okoro is looking for boys whom he will pay 4k just to protest for Mrs. Stella!

Okoli: How can you expect me to protest in support of a corrupt woman?

Emeka: Okoli! You are a f00l!

Okoli: I go slap you o...

Emeka: Even if you no collect, the woman will go scot free and enjoy her life. That's how it has been in our obodo nijeria. cheesy

Okoli: Emeka! Hmm... You re rat. Laughs...

Emeka: If you no collect me, I go collect and it's just to hold a placard in front of your face and pose for photoshots and video coverage for few minutes and daz all.

Okoli: 4k no be here o... Make we go collect am.
grin cheesy
And the story continues.............

54 Likes

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by slimfit1(m): 9:30am On Oct 31, 2013
lakhadimar: Look at the Nigerian youth selling their future for pittance

That in mind they don't even know what is happening in there surroundings after they blame other people for their ignorance. If you want to use them for blood money at that point the gods will accept my sacrifice at that point. Can you imagine someone just calls you and you just joined them without asking what for. That's how the police put people in prison for no reason.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by iBukas: 9:31am On Oct 31, 2013
Am going to investigate
Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by Exjoker(m): 9:31am On Oct 31, 2013
i nearly mak first 2 coment sha...@ thread no blame de guys o de wia inspired wit money

1 Like

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by drered(m): 9:31am On Oct 31, 2013
*sigh...
Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by kemmary: 9:31am On Oct 31, 2013
seriously?
Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by oyedun82(m): 9:32am On Oct 31, 2013
man must eat

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by yahrant140(m): 9:32am On Oct 31, 2013
Those who forget the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them, wake up Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by Lilimax(f): 9:33am On Oct 31, 2013
So they rented the crowd and were paid four thousand naira each.
This is serious angry
I weep for our future leader cry
Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by Sermwell(m): 9:34am On Oct 31, 2013
This woman is just bent on remaining in office at all cost? Well, whom the gods want to kill they first make mad! We are watching and waiting! Qui sera sera(what will be will be) pronto!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by abusadiq24(m): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2013
Na waocheesy grin Those dat were given jst 4k only to come out on the street i dnt knw wat thy wil do if they r to b given 100k each
Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by LMAyedun(m): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2013
Sigh!!!! I give up then... embarassed
Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by bealuv(f): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2013
when I read or hear things like this I am moved to tears for the 'leaders of tomorrow'.See them selling their souls and those of generations unborn for peanuts.....that was how I read in the papers that some idiots who tagged themselves as 'youth leaders' from one place in the east like that released a statement saying that Stella should be left alone...these are the same hypocrites who would be shouting corruption when it doesn't favour them....I am being forced to conclude that we wont stop reasoning upside down in this nation

11 Likes

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by obitwo: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2013
Poverty

1 Like

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by Ugom38(f): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2013
chinekemeee,The same way T A supporters came to FUTO in 2012 to carry Abia state students for their bursary,only for them to reach the government house and discover that they came to campaign for T A orji with a promise of #10,000. each.they were later given #1000
idiots. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
can't stop laughing! i know sensible people will not come out and support her grin grin grin grin grin
Madam oduah middle name na scandal grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by MrAladin: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2013
they Sold Their Birth Right just for 4k very bad

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by veraponpo(m): 9:36am On Oct 31, 2013
Corrupt practices to cover another.

Shameless leaders.

How can you blame Stella for this when even our president has been using market women protests against ASUU.

Disappointing

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by Chanchit: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2013
Osanobua...! I knw no right thinking person would do that for free..
If I'm approached for this kind of deal, I would gladly accept, then xpose them anonymously.

The guys still got something for their effort, Nlders are doing it free of charge..

10 Likes

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by ifebosco: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2013
slim fit :

That in mind they don't even know what is happening in there surroundings after they blame other people for their ignorance. If you want to use them for blood money at that point the gods will accept my sacrifice at that point. Can you imagine someone just calls you and you just joined them without asking what for. That's how the police put people in prison for no reason.
we lost the value of live in our nigeria of today
Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 31, 2013
When leaders of tomorrow can sell their conscience and trade their future for money just to satisfy today, you don't need a seer to tell you that Nigeria is in a big time mess.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by pet7: 9:38am On Oct 31, 2013
is it true

1 Like

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by nerodenero: 9:38am On Oct 31, 2013
Poverty, corruption and covetousness has reduced the country to nothing. Shame on the organizers and the student despite being educated, took to the airport to protest claiming they don't know the reason.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 31, 2013
Wonderful.
Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by ifyalways(f): 9:40am On Oct 31, 2013
How is this news?

Who does not know that every "gathering" in Nigeria comes with a fee attached?

4K for 3 hours of "noise" is a pretty good sum when compared to the country's minimum wage.

18 Likes

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by Sibrah: 9:41am On Oct 31, 2013
I believe this woman is one of the key brain behind the 40-laptop crew idea. The way internet warriors, paid protesters and paid pressmen have sponteaneously jumped to her defense

13 Likes

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by takedat(m): 9:42am On Oct 31, 2013
Na Today
Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by superstar1(m): 9:44am On Oct 31, 2013
How much was paid to the E-sycophants ooooo? If jobless youth can take 4k.

Our level of morality and responsibility to our creator has been beclouded by tribalism religious sentiments and love of money.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Pro-Oduah Protesters Got N4,000 Each - Investigation by mascot87(m): 9:45am On Oct 31, 2013
I wonder what the future will look like with the kind of youths we have today.Later, they would graduate and start complaining that they cannot get a job when they have sold there future for peanut.The likes of them would be at d forefront in condemning the present and future government forgetting that they themselves are the architect of there own misfortune.SMH for these youths

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oil Firm Returns N62 Billion To NNPC Aftermath Crude Swap Deal Under Jonathan / “FG Must Act Now!”, Nigerian Gov. On Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Richest Politicians In Nigeria 2016 And Their Net Worth As Revealed By The FBI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.