Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,114 members, 7,779,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:43 AM

Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. (43446 Views)

On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) / My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) / Love-life On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 9:50am On Oct 31, 2013
Welcome to "Life on the Run" Series.
Season 5: The Amsterdam and Holland Runs.

This Episode will cover how Africans and the rest of the black race lived in Amsterdam and the entire Netherlands. The kind of jobs and businesses they did and the kind of fates that awaited and befell them.

Netherlands is a small Country bordered in the East by Germany and in the South by Belgium. The large body of water called the North Sea took the entire West and North sides of Netherlands as well. The official language is Dutch. The population is about 16.8 million. The official currency is Euro.

My name is Zuby.
A Nigerian born in 1980.
I went to Europe for the first time in August 2002 but returned back to Nigeria in mid 2006.
In February 2007, I traveled back to Europe.
This is my life story.
This is real.

This story is protected under the international copyright law.
I won't hesitate to take actions against plagiarism.

If you have questions, proposals and more, please contact me through anizubix77@yahoo.com or +234 8162894984.

For the previous seasons, go here
www.globalruns.com and start from section one.

Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/zuby77

IF YOU ARE GOOD WITH ENGLISH AND THINK YOU CAN EDIT MY PREVIOIS WORKS, CONTACT ME.

NO NEED GOING TO THE AIRPORT, HOLLAND IS COMING TO YOUR DOORSTEP.

9 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 31, 2013
#following
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by kelvin1191(m): 10:17am On Oct 31, 2013
Am already seated @ the front roll. Hope smoking is allowed cos i still got one grams of weed bought 4rm Zubby in Germany.
*following*

1 Like

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Lilimax(f): 11:00am On Oct 31, 2013
**Fixed**!
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by kunlesehan(m): 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
kelvin1191: Am already seated @ the front roll. Hope smoking is allowed cos i still got one grams of weed bought 4rm Zubby in Germany.
*following*

Kay u don reach here, I learnt early in life that a friend with weed is a friend indeed.
abeg pass me the calabash full of weed.
Some are here for the hustle and the c0cktails, others for the bustle and the c0ck tales. lol
Ozoigbondu I hail o.

1 Like

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by emmadejust(m): 12:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
this story is now spreading like d gospel, with its originality take off from eastside of sexuality, to westside of globalruns, now it now building a checkpoint based in coast to coast nairaland literature section Where many eagles eyes and nagging birds wil nest,
am now an international citizen with this story that make me fly without aeroplane, travels and tours nation without a visum.
................ I was there without arrival...........

2 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by DankemzI(m): 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
Lilimax: **Fixed**!
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by tonte(m): 2:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
Seat belt fastened
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
*Starts erecting a hut*
Na here we go tanda!
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Danhumprey: 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
I was here. wink

By the way,I hope the Literature section's gurus,critics and 'Mr and Mrs sabi-sabi',would not come and spoil this work? embarassed
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ritababe(f): 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
****sit at front sit and start chewing my chew gum****
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
Danhumprey: I was here. wink

By the way,I hope the Literature section's gurus,critics and 'Mr and Mrs sabi-sabi',would not come and spoil this work? embarassed
I hope so too o
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
OUR PROLOGUE IS THE LAST CHAPTER OF SEASON 5.

Goodbye Nigeria

The day before i traveled, i defied all security
protocols and went to Mandilas. I needed
some new jeans and Shirts for my journey. I
didn’t want to buy them in Europe since wears
were expensive over there.
I got to Mandilas and bought my things. I
bought a medium sized traveling bag as well
since i left the old one in Abdijan Ivory Coast.
I hired a cab from there back to Surulere and
stopped at the beauty shop. Chinelo was there
working hard as usual. Her trainer master had
stood up and hugged me.
”Chinelo told me what you did for her” she
said.
Since i didn’t know what she was referring to,
i just smiled and kept quiet. I didn’t know if
she meant the cheque or the Ghana home
coming or whatever else i might have done for
her.
After spending some time with them, i went
home and packed my things inside the bags. I
wanted to leave the big bag behind and take
the small one along. After packing, i called
Johnson in Berlin. I told him that i would be
coming to Germany the next day. He was
happy and asked me to call him as soon as i
landed in Frankfurt international airport. I
called Dozie in Amsterdam and also told him
that i would be coming to Amsterdam in three
or four days. Dozie was a guy from Anambra
state. I had known his elder brother back in
Onitsha. His elder brother who also lived In
Amsterdam but was then in Lagos had given
me his number in Amsterdam. He was going to
welcome me to the new city since it was my
first time.
After making all the international calls, i called
Okey. I had told him to go to Idumota with his
car so that he would come to pick me up on
his way home. But on a second thought, i had
decided against it and told him to go home
Straight from Idumota. I didn’t want to be
seen with the Mercedes in Surulere. The
timing wasn’t right. I was traveling the next
day.
As soon as i was ready to leave, Chinelo
returned from the shop. She saw the bag on
the table and asked what i was doing with it.
”I am leaving now” i said to her.
”I thought you said its tomorrow” she said
with a surprised face.
”Yes, its tomorrow but i am leaving Surulere
this evening. Just remember what i told you.
Don’t misbehave, i want to see you and Andy
still living together by the time i returned” i
said.
She was already crying and hugging me.
She said that she was going to miss me so
much and asked me to call her as soon as i
got there. She also said that she had no fear
whether i would take care of myself or not.
”Just be careful the way you deal with people
over there. Nigeria is different from Europe”
she had said. ”Thanks for the advice my
sweetheart, i won’t disappoint you at all” i
said.
She wanted me to wait until Andy returned but
i told her that there was no need. I sent her
out to go and get a cab for me and when she
returned, she took my bag downstairs and
waited as i entered the cab and drove away. As
i looked back at her, Chinelo was standing still
waving at us and crying at the same time.
”Take me to Jakande Estate” i said to the
Driver.
”Is she your wife” the driver asked me.
I hesitated for some seconds before saying:
”Yes, she is my wife but unfortunately my
brother will be marrying her for me” i said.
”What do you mean by….” the driver was
saying.
”Oga, i don’t want to talk about this any
further” i said and kept quiet.
I had given Chinelo N15,000 to keep. I told
her to use it for herself. She had rejected it
but had taken it after some persuasions.
Fortunately, we got to Jakande estate
peacefully.
Okey was already home when we came. I
settled the driver and took my bags upstairs.
”I want you to keep these cheques for me. I
will call you and tell you what to do with them
at the right time” i said to Okey as i handed
him the two signed cheques i had shown to
Andy and Chinelo. At the back of the cheques,
i had written the name and number of my
account officer who must be contacted before
the cheques could be cleared.
Inside my bag were the International passport,
the letter of invitation, some clothes and
shoes, the US Dollars and some N10,000.
That evening we went to Uzoma’s restaurant
to eat vegetable soup. As expected, she was all
over me. Asking why i had changed my phone
number and disappeared.
”I went to the village to get married” i lied to
her.
She pretended to be so happy for me since i
had gotten married. I intentionally said that
because i wanted to end her advances and eat
my food. She had asked about my wife several
times.
After the food, we went home and relaxed
with a bottle of brandy.
Okey’s girl was around. She had danced to the
P Square songs we played with the video
machine. She was a good dancer too.
On Thursday 15th, February 2007, i woke up
with a slight hangover. It was expected.
After the morning bath, i stayed indoors. Okey
had gone to Idumota and had promised to be
back on time to drive me to the airport. I had
waited until it was 5pm, then we drove to the
Murtala Muhammad international airport Ikeja
Lagos.
As we waited for the boarding time, i
wondered what Holland must have looked like.
Was it like Germany or different? It was left
for me to see in a few days time anyway.
”Ladies and gentlemen, if you are traveling
with Lufthansa flight number D-7565 to
Frankfurt, please go to gate 4 to check-in your
luggages” boomed from the overhead
speakers.
People had already started forming a straight
line.
I was going to board the flight with my bag,
therefore i sat where i was and waited for the
line to clear. I needed boarding pass but that
would be after the check-ins.
As i waited, i made calls down to the East. I
told my mom that i was moving. I believed it
was the first time i had spoken to her in
months. I told my brother that i was at the
airport already. I told Genevive that i was at
the airport and that i was traveling to Germany
that night. She was stunned. She asked how i
didn’t tell her all along. I hung the call.
Then i called Amaka.
”Take care of yourself girl, i am going back” i
said.
” The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. Maybe they
always have been and will be. Maybe we’ve lived a thousand lives before this one and in
each of them we’ve found each other. And maybe each time, we’ve been forced apart
for the same reasons. That means that this goodbye is both a goodbye for the past
ten thousand years and a prelude to what will come.”

Goodbye My Chinelo. It was nice meeting you.
Who knows, you may be the reason why
nature forgave all my revenge atrocities.

2 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Numerouuuno: 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
Zuby the great.
I'm here already......
Even if you don't believe in God,i still say God bless Zuby77
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by lumzybo: 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
ritababe: ****sit at front sit and start chewing my chew gum****

Abeg the sound of ur gum dey distract me biko. Chew am silently. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ritababe(f): 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
lumzybo:

Abeg the sound of ur gum dey distract me biko. Chew am silently. Thanks

sharrrrraaaaapppppppp

1 Like

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ritababe(f): 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2013
@zuby
when are we going to be expecting ur updates cause am so eager, wil u be updating 10 times a day or 5 times make i know how i go dey manage my MB

and i always like ur writeup
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 31, 2013
well composed and cool...I licked it all up at once tongue m kissre
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by desertboom(m): 6:20am On Nov 01, 2013
Following
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by lumzybo: 6:54am On Nov 01, 2013
ritababe:

sharrrrraaaaapppppppp
Person dey talk. *looking left and right*
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by kentochi(m): 7:37am On Nov 01, 2013
Following following following Zubby! Follow follow follow follow following Zubby!!!
My oga give life to flight lets zoom off.
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ritababe(f): 8:55am On Nov 01, 2013
zuby plis dont keep us waiting

1 Like

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ritababe(f): 8:57am On Nov 01, 2013
lumzybo:
Person dey talk. *looking left and right*

people wey dem they smoke u nor see them, na me wey i sit down my own jeje u see
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Tascocent(m): 9:35am On Nov 01, 2013
clearing my way to the front seat with broken bottle on my right hand and a baseball bat on d other hand...............so no near me o. #walking gengentically to d front seat. grin
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by lumzybo: 11:30am On Nov 01, 2013
tongue hope you are good?

ritababe:

people wey dem they smoke u nor see them, na me wey i sit down my own jeje u see

1 Like

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by sconp: 8:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
Following all the way
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ritababe(f): 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
were is this man na
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by enohbong: 11:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 7:49am On Nov 02, 2013
Chapter 1: Back to Europe.

As i sat inside the Lufthansa jet heading back to Europe, i recalled what had happened at the Lagos Nigeria Airport.
I had walked to the check-in desk and asked for my boarding pass. The fat Yoruba man at the desk had asked for my papers and after examining them, he had issued me the boarding pass with seat number 22A. Seat 22A was not far from the first class chamber. I had specifically demanded to stay close to first class since i always liked getting off the plane as soon as it landed. It was also a window seat.

After collecting the boarding pass, i had proceeded to the Immigration stand where i was stamped to go into the main departure hall.

''Where are you traveling to'' a voice said as i was about to pass through the Nigeria Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) stand.
''Germany'' i said, deciding to keep the answers short.

The Drug lady asked for my passport and i gave it to him.
''First time traveler'' she said.
''What do you have with you'' she asked the silly question.
''Money and cloths'' i said.
''Did anybody gave you anything to give to anybody in Germany'' she asked.
''Yes'' i said.

Her eyes became alerted. She had finally caught the ever eluding drug dealer.

''Mike, come and take this young man to the machine room'' she shouted to a man sitting opposite her.

Mike came and motioned me to follow him. We walked down to a room where i saw three other people waiting on a chair. I was told to sit down and wait as well.
On our way down to the machine room, Mike had asked me if i would go to the danger room or give him money.
''Give you money for what Sir, I am not giving you any more'' i said.

I sat there with my handbag and watched as they scanned the three men with some imported machines, wrote something in a file and take them away.
When it was my turn, i walked to the machine and stood opposite it. Some kind of scanner was placed on my stomach and a button was pressed. While the scanning was going on, i managed to ask the man what he was doing. He said he was checking if i had drugs in my stomach.
''What kind of drug sir, because i took Chlorine for my malaria yesterday'' i said.
''Shut up and stand still'' he said. I obeyed.

After some moments, he wrote something and told me to go. I followed Mike through a way and out to the departure hall where i had already cleared earlier.

I had to start walking through immigration and custom again. I explained to them what happened and they allowed me. After clearing all the agencies including NDLEA, Customs, Immigration, Police, Army, Boys Scout and Girls brigade, all mostly of Hausa and Yoruba Origins, i preceded to the gate where our plane was loading. The passengers had already started boarding when i came. I stood in line and waited for my turn to board the Jet. Finally i was cleared to enter the state-of-art- aircraft
We sat and waited until it was time to go but the plane didn't move. After over an hour delay, the pilot made an announcement that one of the three engines had failed. He made us understand that the remaining two can easily take us to Germany but the standard safety procedure requested that the plane be grounded until the engineers from Germany arrived in the morning, he assured us that the engineers were already on their way from Frankfurt international airport. It was very easy for me to grasp that we were no longer traveling that night. People were angry but i didn't care. An announcement came again and asked us to exit the aircraft. We were taken to a restaurant bar inside the airport and were asked to eat whatever we wanted.
Great.
I ordered for glass of Jack Daniels and sipped until it finished, then i ordered more. I also ate rice.

My brother had called me to know if we had left but i told him the latest developments. I told him that we were told to wait until the next day.
''They said the engineers from Germany are coming to fix the engine'' i had told him.

Sometime after 1am, we were told to go back to the main hall. The stamps in our passports were canceled.
The airline had provided three buses which took us all the way to Airport Hotel in Ikeja. We were given a room each and were told to come out for free breakfast and lunch the next day.

Among the people on the grounded airline was Ikenna. He was going to Denmark Via Frankfurt with Spanish resident permit. He had drugs in his stomach. He had left the airport hotel as soon as we arrived. A car had come to pick him up at the hotel. He was visibly angry with the development since he had targeted the time to release the drug balls from his stomach. But he had no option than to go back into town and remove them. He would have to re-swallow them the next day which was a double punishment. His people would also have to bribe the drug agents at the airport once more especially if the people on duty the previous night were to be changed.

I went to my room, took my bath and slept. I was tipsy and tired from the Jack Daniels i had taken at the airport.

The following morning, i went down to the food hall and took some potato and vegetables. Then i went to the swimming pool and played with some girls.

People really enjoyed life in Lagos. I watched as parents came with their children to swim at the pool. Lovers came too.
There was a particular girl that interested me a lot. She was wearing some attractive swimming trunks and had noticed that i was staring at her from time to time. When she finished swimming, i walked up to her and greeted.
She introduced herself as Emily and said she lived somewhere close. I told her to give me her number.
''I will call you when i get to Germany'' i had said.
''Wow, you are going to Germany'' she had said.

We sat on the chairs and talked until the buses came to take us back to the airport. Then we parted ways, it was time to go again.

" The World is a book, and those who
do not travel read only a page"

18 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by olupentane(m): 8:07am On Nov 02, 2013
Nice morning tonic.
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Dhortunn(m): 8:14am On Nov 02, 2013
Oga Zuby, keep it coming sir. I'm following this journey.
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 6:25am On Nov 03, 2013
Chapter 2: Back in Germany.

Our second day at the airport was the same routine; Immigration, NDLEA, Customs etc.
After being cleared by all the agencies, some of us were taken back to the machine room to check if we had somehow, decided to swallow drugs and transport them to Europe.
After boarding a new Jet that was brought to us from Abuja airport, we rose to the sky and waved goodbye to Lagos and Nigeria.
Seated beside me was Clement. He was an Edo man of about 40. He disturbed me during the journey with his pride, ego and boast. He was going to Berlin via Frankfurt, the same as me but i didn't tell him i was doing the same. Rather i told him that i was traveling to Essen where my letter of invitation had originated from. According to him, Berlin was the real deal in Germany. He told me that every other city in Germany was small compared to Berlin. He said that Essen was a village and that since i was going to buy vehicle spare parts, i should follow him to Berlin and forget about Essen. I suspected he was a scammer and was looking for a way to convince me to follow him to Berlin.
''I will come to Berlin in two days. I need to go to Essen first and pick up the money i will use to buy goods'' i had told him. That single statement had effectively shut him up for sometime.
Mr Clement wanted to drag me and my money to Berlin. I wondered what a novice would have done in a situation like that. He had given me a business card of his company in Berlin. Unfortunately for him, i knew the area he claimed to have established the business.
At a stage, i started asking him how much i would pay him if he helped me to buy the goods in Berlin. He said he didn't need my money but just wanted to help me. He said he knew where i could get a container for my goods and where i could ship them. He mentioned Owa and Bassy shipping companies; two firms i had used in shipping down cars to Africa.
Finally, we agreed that we would meet in Berlin after two days.

We got to Frankfurt international airport in the early hours of Saturday 17the February. Due to the fact that it was a weekend, the airport wasn't so busy. The Police presence was not large and so was the immigration officials.

We walked to the counter and got the arrival stamps.
The immigration officer who cleared me had asked where i was traveling to and i had told him that it was Essen. He had asked for my invitation letter which i gave him.
He pressed his computer for a few seconds, handed the letter back to me and told me to go.
I watched Mr Clement as he headed to the local flight departure hall while i walked down to the train station.
I checked the time tables and bought a ticket to Essen. The ICE train going to Dortmund via Essen came twenty minutes later.
I boarded it and stopped at Dusseldorf Central Station, then i boarded another train straight to Berlin.
We got to Berlin around 3pm in the afternoon. It was a familiar area which meant that i didn't need to ask any questions. I had called
Johnson and told him that i would stop in Berlin Hauptbanhoff, a new station built for the 2006 Fifa World cup. He had told me where to come. Due to my absence, Johnson had rented a new one room apartment where he kept his drugs.
I took a taxi and went there. He was in the apartment when i came. We had hugged and exchanged greetings. It was straight to business for him as usual. He had proposed how we were going to start new business.
''I am going to Holland anytime Johnson'' i had said. He wasn't surprised. He said it was a good move since we had both discussed the possibility of starting the cocaine deals sometime later in our drug careers.
After eating some food, i went to Akunne's store. As usual, many Nigerians were there that evening. It was a standing ovation for Ozoigbondu 1 of Berlin. People shook and hugged their hero who had returned from Africa. Some said they never hoped to see me in Berlin again. Some said they heard i had gone to United states or United Kingdom. Everybody was scrambling to buy me drinks and food.
Akunne had presented a bottle of Jack Daniels to me. He was too happy to see me return to Berlin. News had gotten out that Ozoigbondu was back in town.
Joe, who had relocated to another apartment heard the news and called someone at the shop. The phone was given to me. He was happy to hear from me after such long time and said he was coming to the shop immediately. Junior, Ifeanyi and some other friends heard the news too and were coming to welcome the Marijuana boss of Brandenburg.
None of them knew that i was heading to Amsterdam. I walked outside and bought a simcard, then i called Kenneth my cousin.
He was excited to hear that i was back in Berlin. He apparently thought that the usual pocket money of €100 a week was going to return. Kenneth was the immediate elder brother of Okey who lived in Jakande estate. They were from the same parents.
After drowning parts of the JD, i followed Junior and Ifeanyi to another joint where they wanted to present me as their best friend. It was an African shop where some imported food items from home were sold.
They said we were going to the Savannah Night club later in the night but they wanted to take me to the shop/bar to continue our drinks.
Before 8pm, the entire Igbo people in Berlin had heard about the return of Ozoigbondu. Bolaji from Brandenburg had mysteriously gotten my number and called too.

We got to the new shop and went inside. It was still cold outside since it was February.
As soon as we sat down, we ordered for food.

''Jennifer bring pounded yam, three plates for Junior and his friends'' i heard the woman owner of the shop shouted.
Jennifer? Which Jennifer. Well, many people answered that name but when she came out with the first plate of food to put on my table, she had looked up at my face and the plate she was carrying fell down from her hands. The soup splashed on the floor.
It was my own Jennifer. She started crying,
Jennifer was also visibly PREGNANT.

"To travel is to discover that everyone
is wrong about other countries"

This chapter is dedicated to achovirus who was apprehended by kidnappers a day after visiting me in Lagos. He is free now.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Glitches / Hearts Of Steel / Boy Approaches Wole Soyinka During Train Ride, Asks For His Autograph (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.