Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,706 members, 7,805,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

DJ Apprehended With 52 Wraps Of Cocaine - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / DJ Apprehended With 52 Wraps Of Cocaine (1777 Views)

3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) / 16-Year-Old Girl Caught In The Bush Sleeping With 52 Men In Anambra - The Sun / Fashion Designer Excretes 44 Wraps Of Cocaine (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DJ Apprehended With 52 Wraps Of Cocaine by 0monnakoda: 10:42am On Oct 31, 2013
http://www.punchng.com/metro/dj-apprehended-with-52-wraps-of-cocaine/

DJ apprehended with 52 wraps of cocaine

Officers of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, have apprehended a 36-year-old Disc Jockey with powdery substance that tested positive for cocaine weighing 855 grammes.

In a statement on Tuesday by the NDLEA Head of Public Affairs, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, the suspect, Iwunze Magnus, with a South African passport number 460709224, was said to have boarded an Iberia flight from Costa Rica enroute Madrid.

He was found to have ingested 52 wraps of cocaine at the arrival hall of the airport, three of which he had excreted on the plane during the flight.

NDLEA Airport Commander, Mr. Hamza Umar confirmed the arrest.

He said, “Three wraps of substances weighing 190 grammes that tested positive for cocaine, were, during a routine search, found in Magnus’s pockets. He had excreted them during the flight from Costa Rica.

“He also tested positive for drug ingestion and while under observation, Magnus excreted 49 wraps that also tested positive for cocaine. In all, he had 52 wraps weighing 855 grammes of cocaine.”

Magnus said, “I am a disc jockey and I have my music studio in Johannesburg, where I have lived with my wife and kid since 1997.

“I had wanted to settle the debts I incurred during the burial of my late brother. In an attempt to pay the balance of N300,000, I fell into the hands of drug traffickers who lured me into the trade. They were to pay me $2,500, if I had succeeded.” Magnus is a native of Ibitolu in Imo State.

Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, said, “I understand the suspect had a South African passport. I have ordered a thorough investigation into the case. I also wish to appeal to members of the public to resist any attempt to smuggle and abuse drugs. Magnus will be charged to court at the conclusion of our investigation.”
Re: DJ Apprehended With 52 Wraps Of Cocaine by 0monnakoda: 10:43am On Oct 31, 2013
Disco Jockey ,From Lagos
Re: DJ Apprehended With 52 Wraps Of Cocaine by oduaboy1: 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
0monnakoda: Disco Jockey ,From biafra
Fixed
Re: DJ Apprehended With 52 Wraps Of Cocaine by 0monnakoda: 11:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
Immanuel Iboue
Re: DJ Apprehended With 52 Wraps Of Cocaine by reporter1: 3:27am On Nov 05, 2013
Ibos and narcotics --- you can't separate them. For pittance, this Biafran has lost his freedom.
Re: DJ Apprehended With 52 Wraps Of Cocaine by 0monnakoda: 9:39am On Nov 05, 2013
reporter?:
Ibos and narcotics --- you can't separate them. For pittance, this Biafran has lost his freedom.
I don't think he is Ibo he is a Zulu from South Africa. Iwunze is a common Zulu name
Re: DJ Apprehended With 52 Wraps Of Cocaine by fluffylarose: 5:51pm On May 24, 2018
Na wah.see wot money can cause.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Who Died Yesterday In Accident At Cele Bustop Identified (graphic:photos) / 25 Most Notorious Hackers In History / Fulani Herdsmen Show Off Their Assorted AK47 Rifle Guns Which Costs N1m Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.