Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers (21534 Views)

A Ritualist Sent Me A Facebook Friend Request (scary pics) / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers / An Open Letter To Nigerian Internet Service Providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Assalaam(f): 6:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
its not limited to any network, they all send the trash. Airtel will even call you as if its a normal call and when you pick the call; they will start advertising caller tunez. just last week mtn was harassing me with test.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by estyvino(m): 6:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
Please help a friend here! How do I opt out of MTN Business massages from 4900. Please help a friend cos am mad @ MTN right now
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
To you our Dear Customer, we present a free gift of 7 yoruba proverbs! angry angry angry angry

MTN, I have 2 yoruba neighbours!! If I want yoruba proverbs, I'll ask Papa Bolu!! Stop disturbing me!!!! angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Jimijaque16(m): 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
Please has been an incessant issue facing the telecoms consumers(subscribers). I wish to say that if NCC is feigning ignorance of this disgusting and disappointing attitute by the operators, then this matter should be reported to the subscribers' advocate. He is the solicitor of the Telecom Subscribers Welfare Initiative of Nigeria. 08025019654 is his contact, for action.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by contra(m): 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
BigBelleControl: The most annoying one is the that from glo. Imagine they sent me messages several times that I have received a credit bonus of N0.00. I cursed them each time i received it.

You've received a bonus of N0.00, your new account balance is N0.00!
grin >sad grin
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Ijobaorun(m): 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
Pls can anybody help to find a lasting solution to it, its toooooooo anoying.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
Shimao:

The app allows you block texts from your contacts also, hence the need to access the contact list, then it needs the internet to suggest spam numbers and update the spam database to keep you protected, just like a typical antivirus would.

It does NOT collect any personal data, so you have nothing to fear.

i downloaded the app but as soon as i remembered it was created by a Nigerian I deleted it grin ...yahoo boys fit don change strategy

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Crixina(f): 7:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
Amefrica: Sometimes, I feel like shooting through the phone. There was a day I wanted to pay my school fees, that day was the official deadline, I called home, n my dad said I was going to receive an alert soon..

I placed my phone on the table like a baby, removing anything that could block service. Sat on my bed looking at the phone expecting an alert, it remained like 10hrs to the deadline. I started dozing off!

In a mo' my phone beeped.. Wow! I started thanking God. Singing, dancing, happy. I took my ATM card n headed to the campus. I removed the phone, wanted to call my dad that I've seen it. I saw that I haven't read the message. I opened it just to read "Dear valued subscriber, ...................... to download Sexy Mama by Wizkid ft Iyanya"..

Yeeee! Arrgghh! cry I noticed something like smoke coming outta my head.. I felt angry, my muscles stood. I immediately called the customer care, a guy picked it. I swear give him, warned them to remove my number from the list they send messages to. I just dey curse the guy.. angry I felt so irritated, I smashed the phone on the floor, took it, arranged it back.

I was about to cry wen I received anoda alert, this time it was what I've been expecting. My warning didn't stop dem to send unwanted messages to my line till now..
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by meforyou1(m): 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
Have u called a number and the girl on the other end, with a sleepy voice, answers u "the number u are calling is not available (hangs up)" and I feel like calling the number back and tell the girl never to hang up on me again.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by BTT(m): 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
One netwark I dey send me Porty Porty (4040) ebery time. Anather one I dey send me Pipty Pipty (5050). Trust me, I carry my wire, I call zheir cuastomer care and gabe zhem a fiece op my mind, walahi prom zhat day no more nansense messages. Ama de gaskia, zhose punny nambers still call me samtimes. Sheguna da shegaye n natworkoki!

1 Like

Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by FOLLEY20(m): 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
JECBOSS: I got a text from MTN to recharge #200 and win an aeroplane. I quickly dashed out and recharged my account. I called their customer care unit to book appointment for my aeroplane. To my greatest surprise, the female voice only responded, "Thank you for choosing MTN". Till this moment, I'm yet to get my well deserved Aeroplane. I'll consider taking a legal action against them.
grin
JECBOSS: I got a text from MTN to recharge #200 and win an aeroplane. I quickly dashed out and recharged my account. I called their customer care unit to book appointment for my aeroplane. To my greatest surprise, the female voice only responded, "Thank you for choosing MTN". Till this moment, I'm yet to get my well deserved Aeroplane. I'll consider taking a legal action against them.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by adorable29(f): 7:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
hahaha! Lmao! I downloaded an app that blocks unwanted SMS and calls, so am free of them to an extent! Before I got the app though, my phones were always on vibrate mode cos I jus felt irritated hurriedly reaching 4 my phone only to be dissappointed!
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by aveiro(m): 8:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ah!.etisalat is the worst.they even cut deir msg.1msg sendin it twice.anitym i check ma data account,i receive 3 to 4 msg.if i check ma acct,worst.ah God.xo fedup.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by koolman: 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2013
I have made several attempts to warn MTN to stop sending me unsolicited text messages.I am pLaning to visit any of their offices to warning.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Shimao(m): 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

i downloaded the app but as soon as i remembered it was created by a Nigerian I deleted it grin ...yahoo boys fit don change strategy

I guess you don't believe anything good can come out of Nigeria, wonder how you expect the world to view Nigeria.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by koolman: 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
I have made several attempts to warn MTN to stop sending me unsolicited text messages.I am pLaning to visit any of their offices to warn them
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by ToyinDipo(m): 9:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
Don’t mind those annoying telecom operators. They are broke, in fact they hardly pay their staff very well nowadays. They are not fairing very well in the midst of completion and the ‘price regulation’. They are looking for every means to balance the book. They have infiltrated the entertainment world with all their reality shows. Presently MTN is intellectually robbing some folks in their mobile app contest stuff. MTN gets money from the downloading of apps that people uploaded on their site. They are even sending a message that top 10 downloaders are going to win BBq10, all to get more traffic.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by saxtaiwo: 9:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
Communication operators in Naija are nothing but coperate armeb robbers,they syphone pple's wealth wth their so called dirty packages,only that top Politician are aware of this,but cant check them because they call for nothn but free,Only God can judge.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Sike(m): 9:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
Arghh! I thought i was the only one in that boat. That ish can kill i swear.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Chuksgeo: 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
These unsolicited messages from these telecom firms have to stop and I think someone has to make them stop
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by derrygee(f): 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
Dey keep sending me "Dettol soap is now 100naira like I care.even as Iam typing dis anoda one jst came in,so so annoying
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by lyonck5: 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
PARTIAL SOLUTION TO THE TXT MESSAGE CURSE WHEN UR ON MTN... JUST SEND STOP TO THE NUMBER SENDING YOU THE ADVERT MESSAGE!!
I CALLED IN MTN MY SELF AND ASKED FOR A SOLUTION THEY GAVE ME DIS REPLY I JUST SHARED ABOVE BUT THEN THEY BURST MY BUBBLE WHEN I ASKED IF I CAN USE IT TO STOP MESSAGES FROM MTN TOO, THEY REPLIED ME A BIG NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by mollie12: 10:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
Shimao: The situation is really terrible and drove me nuts. Searched for an app to block these messages but could not find one that was truly free and made for the Nigerian environment. So I decided to develop one. It's called Spam Trap and it's now available in BlackBerry app world and Google Play for FREE.

Just download and install. that's all. It blocks messages based on numbers and content. It determines your network and suggest spam numbers and content to you on your network. Just accept the suggestions. It also has the ability to sense potential spam messages from numbers not yet listed and keeps you updated on new spam sources based on your settings. More still, it gives you protection across all networks, switch your network and your spam database will be updated so that as long as you are within Nigeria's 923,768 sq km, you are protected.

It's already gone through beta testing and very stable. Download now and thank me later. It's free and incredibly simple to use.

Works on BlackBerry OS 5 and above and on Android 2.33 and above.

When you download, please do not forget to review. Thanks.

BlackBerry: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/39814920/?lang=en&countrycode=US
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shimaotech.spamtrap&hl=en

Ori e wa mbe. Wo, wa se ire laye re titi lailai (In fact, you will always do good in your life). God bless you for this effort of yours. Was practically going crazy with the maddening way these network guys send irrelevant texts and here you come providing a ray of hope. Good job, keep it up.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
tchidi: To you our Dear Customer, we present a free gift of 7 yoruba proverbs! angry angry angry angry

MTN, I have 2 yoruba neighbours!! If I want yoruba proverbs, I'll ask Papa Bolu!! Stop disturbing me!!!! angry angry angry

Hahahaha, u will b suprised when papa bolu starts charging u too! smiley
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
Crixina: grin grin grin grin grin

I go put hand for bottom swear for them if they try am again.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by DonaldGenes(m): 11:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
BigBelleControl: The most annoying one is the that from glo. Imagine they sent me messages several times that I have received a credit bonus of N0.00. I cursed them each time i received it.

hahahahahhahahaahahahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaaha this is the climax of it all....ah don dyeeee
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by DonaldGenes(m): 11:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

LWKMD
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Ezemust: 11:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
u na badt guy
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by initiate: 12:09am On Nov 01, 2013
TRULY THIS THING MUST STOP

MTN IS PARTICULARLY SO ANNOYING AND UNREPENTANT

I will bombard the Nigeria's Consumer Protection Council office with calls and mails until im free from this MTn scourge

Head Office:Plot 1105, Dar-Es-Salaam Street, Off Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja
For Complaints and Enquiries:
Nwoyi Iwara: 07067891933, agentadmin@cpcproserve.org
Ocheja Gabriel: 08139690932, info@cpcproserve.org

LAGOS OFFICE18, Ilupeju By-Pass, Ilupeju, Lagos
For Complaints and Enquiries:
NGOZIKA Obidike: 08034003326
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by sademola: 3:48am On Nov 01, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1418873/ncc-warns-service-providers-unsolicited

check the above link and see NCC's reaction to unsolicited messages by the providers
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by Hawtmohjih(f): 6:09am On Nov 01, 2013
Hello y'all please I need a contact of any of the officials at ICM or shoprite in Lekki. I want to confirm if I can get a free space for my business. Thank u.
Re: Annoying Messages Sent By Telecom Service Providers by 3ace(m): 6:17am On Nov 01, 2013
Received a smswiki text yesterday. I went through it and realised that they gave me a free trial of one day which will expire today. As usual with glo, the text means that I have been automatically subscribed for this package hence, at the expiration of the trial period, they will automatically renew it and deduct my money. In order to forestall that since I don't need that package, I text "STOP" to 30801 and was shocked when they still deducted N10 for asking the mörons to stop the wahala they put their fathers into. Can you imagine? So annoying!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Flash Upgrade And Install A Blackberry Operating System / Celtel Gprs Settings! / How To Use More Than 100mb Using Droid Vpn Free Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.