Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device (37441 Views)

Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. / How To Watch DSTV Channels Live On Your Android Device / MTN Android Device Now Available? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by paulworld(m): 9:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
bros no vex abeg how much you use bribe the mod. reply asap please
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
yorex2011: since i got my first android a year ago, its made life a lil easier for me....dont get me wrong any smartfone will do(ios, windows) but i'm writing this based on my experience
first and foremost a good android device can save you from a lot of stress and tricky situations,
with an android device you do not need a modem, when u've got wifi and usb tethering: have ur own personal wifi hotspot to connect ur pc to and also help out friends in need of internet connectivity.

utilising ur android device to the fullest is impossible without downloading the right apps...below is a list of awesome apps that can make life easier.
1. camscanner : camscanner is an android app that allows the users to scan documents at very good quality even converts to pdf when u're done (u might need a fone with at least 5mp and autofocus)...the app has helped me out countless times, when u need to fill out an online form and upload documents, u can do that on the go using cam scanner.

2. quickoffice: this is an android alternative to microsoft office on windows and gives u almost all the options u wud get in the windows software. u can create and edit word, excel and powerpoint documents on d go with ur android device

3. tasker: this app is one of the craziest apps i've seen on android.u can literarily turn ur smart fone to a smarter fone.its an app that allows you to programme your fone to do certain things when certain conditions are met.an example of what i did is to programme my fone to be silent whenever it is sunday between 8am and 12pm if and only if i'm in church...so if i go to the church on a monday the sounds are on....if i'm in church on a sunday afternoon, the sounds are on and if it sunday morning and i'm not in d church the sounds are on so it only turns sound off it its sunday morning, between 8am and 10pm and only if i'm in my church environment. there are countless things you can programme ur fone to do

4. gps essentials and google maps: these are gps softwares and we all knw what gps does.the gps essentials gives u parameters such as current speed, latitude and longitude, distance travelled, etc...this really helped me out in my final year project as i needed a gps device for my field work....google maps gives u maps of places and even satellite views so u can never get lost...

5. smart tools; this is a collection of tools that can engineers..it consists of a ruler, diatance measuing tool, angle measuring tool, sound measuring tool, metal detecting tool, a plumbine and flashlight...they all work because an android device has all d hardware necessary to make them work..

6. sensor music player: maybe u're doing serious work and ur hands are dirty and u want to change music on ur fone...no need to worry, just hit the table where ur fone is or wave ur hand over ur fone and the music changes...u can also be walking and u wanna change music without bringing the fone out of ur pocket..just tap ur pocket and d music changes
"ALMOST all the options u wud get in the windows software"
Depends on what you do with a smartphone. Every serious business person in Nigeria should use a windows device QED!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by physise(m): 9:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
SammyT95: Pls. Wots d meaning of OS,and advice me on the kind of android i shuld buy and there price,,i love gaming,i also love techno phnes...but pls wot type of android do u tink is d best atleast for gaming?
tecno phones dat r gud for gaming:tecno phantom a+
tecno m7
tecno m3(maybe)
android fones for gamefreaks(atleast):xperia z,galaxy s4,xperia z1,lg gpad 2,galaxy note2,galaxy note 3 and xperia z ultra

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Zintos(m): 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
hw can i get dis tasker, like hw many mb coz i saw so many.
thanks
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by mdee1(m): 9:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
Get me 1 and i'll find out more 4 u

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by hardbody: 9:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
I admit I have not stretched the functionality of my android to the limits but honestly this piece does so much. Even in my office I don't bother anyone to scan docs for me, I just scan with my phone , upload to my mail address and forward immediately. @op thanks for the further enlightenment, I will try the ones that I don't have yet. Meanwhile everything for me is free. I don't buy anything from the app store
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by koolet: 9:39pm On Nov 26, 2013
why is htc always left out of discussion is it a dull phone ,?,if it is then techno should be a dumb phone
#team htc

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Tinkybabe(f): 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
^^htc is an android phone..android refers to the operating system of a phone,not the device make

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by 190: 9:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
can you watch blue film on it undecided

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
Tinkybabe: ^^htc is an android phone..android refers to the operating system of a phone,not the device make
prof pls break it down
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by oluplus(m): 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
Good post
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Iaz93: 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
Announcer : Announces the caller's name.
MP3 cutter : You can cut your favorite part in a song and use it as your ring tone.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by unmask: 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
Try android weather best weather app.

also musicxmatch player (used it to diss my friends bold 5 over the weekend) use it to get the id of most songs including soap operas. gets you the lyrics discography and all with just about 10 seconds of listening. If you are using android and it is not on your phone then you haven't begun to use android.

mxplayer best video player in the world

mantano reader for ebooks pdf and all. comes with great tools

t2 expense manager. best budgeting app try it out

graph89 a texas instrument-calc on your phone

sleep for android. now that's an alarm clock

praisenote. Good for taking sermon in church

taptu for rss feeds beats the now defunct google reader. try it out

'enigmon. you think you are smart get this game and get your thinking caps on. remember don't cheat

opera mini, whatsapp. duh!

The bro code. Barney stintson's guide to the bros and wingmen.

Trust me on the above apps. Tested a lot in their genre and they came out tops. And I am dead serious about musicxmatch (you would thank me)

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by sylvar02(m): 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
Gud
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by aronbillz: 10:00pm On Nov 26, 2013
More apps please,I need to love-vendor dis kindle fire
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by imperiouxx(m): 10:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
yorex2011: since i got my first android a year ago, its made life a lil easier for me....dont get me wrong any smartfone will do(ios, windows) but i'm writing this based on my experience
first and foremost a good android device can save you from a lot of stress and tricky situations,
with an android device you do not need a modem, when u've got wifi and usb tethering: have ur own personal wifi hotspot to connect ur pc to and also help out friends in need of internet connectivity.

utilising ur android device to the fullest is impossible without downloading the right apps...below is a list of awesome apps that can make life easier.
1. camscanner : camscanner is an android app that allows the users to scan documents at very good quality even converts to pdf when u're done (u might need a fone with at least 5mp and autofocus)...the app has helped me out countless times, when u need to fill out an online form and upload documents, u can do that on the go using cam scanner.

2. quickoffice: this is an android alternative to microsoft office on windows and gives u almost all the options u wud get in the windows software. u can create and edit word, excel and powerpoint documents on d go with ur android device

3. tasker: this app is one of the craziest apps i've seen on android.u can literarily turn ur smart fone to a smarter fone.its an app that allows you to programme your fone to do certain things when certain conditions are met.an example of what i did is to programme my fone to be silent whenever it is sunday between 8am and 12pm if and only if i'm in church...so if i go to the church on a monday the sounds are on....if i'm in church on a sunday afternoon, the sounds are on and if it sunday morning and i'm not in d church the sounds are on so it only turns sound off it its sunday morning, between 8am and 10pm and only if i'm in my church environment. there are countless things you can programme ur fone to do

4. gps essentials and google maps: these are gps softwares and we all knw what gps does.the gps essentials gives u parameters such as current speed, latitude and longitude, distance travelled, etc...this really helped me out in my final year project as i needed a gps device for my field work....google maps gives u maps of places and even satellite views so u can never get lost...

5. smart tools; this is a collection of tools that can engineers..it consists of a ruler, diatance measuing tool, angle measuring tool, sound measuring tool, metal detecting tool, a plumbine and flashlight...they all work because an android device has all d hardware necessary to make them work..

6. sensor music player: maybe u're doing serious work and ur hands are dirty and u want to change music on ur fone...no need to worry, just hit the table where ur fone is or wave ur hand over ur fone and the music changes...u can also be walking and u wanna change music without bringing the fone out of ur pocket..just tap ur pocket and d music changes

Window 8 phones do all this too. undecided
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by segcymoor(m): 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
I quite agree with u
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by ifeelgood: 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
Imagine all these on a rooted phone
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by redcliff: 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
charlsecy4:

Who told you Internet data is unlimited outside Nigeria? Have you truly asked questions?

I don't need to ask questions. I'm the man at the other end. Besides, its not like mtn that would not want to extend their data limit above 500mb or airtel that gives u 1gb for 1k5. Its diff man. Unlimited hinternet for free. Lol.
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by shereef19: 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
android is more than calling it os especially when u have version 4.0 n above. and concerning people that r condemning Techno stay there why everybody buy their own later use x3 of it money to buy Samsung, Sony Ericsson, HTC while the Techno have better function and stronger battery than them. actually Am not using Techno for now but I will soon join d world. and for d people comparing android with windows phones android is far better than windows e.g can ur window phone read flash or modem. did ur windows phone have tether. e.t.c just use android and c what it takes. even Nokia that doesn't have android os r loosing customer......

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by 1stola: 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
pls let's share more important ' GREAT ANDROID APPS'

6feet-bb. boredberry
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by redcliff: 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
odeotito:
"ALMOST all the options u wud get in the windows software"
Depends on what you do with a smartphone. Every serious business person in Nigeria should use a windows device QED!

Yea nokia on windows os is equally sound. But for the fact that its microsoft and that they are technologically backward among their peers, I don't wish to have anything to do with them...
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by shereef19: 10:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
redcliff:

I don't need to ask questions. I'm the man at the other end. Besides, its not like mtn that would not want to extend their data limit above 500mb or airtel that gives u 1gb for 1k5. Its diff man. Unlimited hinternet for free. Lol.
airtel is 2gb 1.5k not 1gb but Mtn too promise January d bis will work on android as well
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by 9jahubcom(m): 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
nice
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by dustydee: 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
@OP
Tried downloading Tasker but it costs 2.99 pounds, any ideas where I can get it free?
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by shereef19: 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
some android don't come with flash share. if u don't have it try to download it u can even share ur data, call with it. if u like Scrabble download wordosaur u can challenge me if u r good
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Vicjay1(m): 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2013
some people sha. Tecno is now synonymous with Android. Though i'have got one sha grin
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by adelolaa(m): 10:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
Rowybest: If Android phone users are talking Techno users are contributing, mtcheew. If techno na the only Android phone I go use 3310.

Smh for yah!!! please which phone have you invested to Nigeria or other countries. wtf

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by shereef19: 10:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
dustydee: @OP
Tried downloading Tasker but it costs 2.99 pounds, any ideas where I can get it free?
try search it on Google is not compulsory u download all application from d play store
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Celepope: 10:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
Can anybody help me with an anti virus app on android
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by Ricenbeans: 10:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
190: can you watch blue film on it undecided
190: [color=red]can you watch blue film on it undecided
[/color]
190: can you watch blue film on it undecided
u cn't watch blue films *ashawo*
Re: Reasons Why Everyone Needs An Android Device by shereef19: 10:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
Cele-pope:
Can anybody help me with an anti virus app on android
for for avast or netqin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

20 Weird Things All Addict Android Smartphone Users Do (PHOTOS) / SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network / NCC Unveils New Unified Short Codes For All Mobile Networks In The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.