Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,653 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Iron Or Carbon Break Pads - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Iron Or Carbon Break Pads (745 Views)

Brake Pads And Brake Lining Which Is More Effective? / DIY: Replacing Worn Rear Break Pads On 1998 V6 Camry / Black Carbon In My Car Exhaust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iron Or Carbon Break Pads by andymofia(m): 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
Which is the best brake pad to use? I used the carbon break pads and it seams to wear out easily and needs frequent replacement. The iron break pad however lasts much longer, but seems to be damaging the break disk.

The break disk becomes very hot even is short distance movements.

Please advise.
Re: Iron Or Carbon Break Pads by chucky234(m): 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
You answered the question yourself, metal break pad damages the break disc. Go for carbon break pad and change it when nescessary.
Re: Iron Or Carbon Break Pads by andymofia(m): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
chucky234: You answered the question yourself, metal break pad damages the break disc. Go for carbon break pad and change it when nescessary.

thanks buddy, but the problem is each time I travel and get back, I have to change breakpads.
Re: Iron Or Carbon Break Pads by chucky234(m): 3:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
andymofia:

thanks buddy, but the problem is each time I travel and get back, I have to change breakpads.
Look for quality ones,it will last you far longer than anticipated.
Re: Iron Or Carbon Break Pads by Claracuzio: 6:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
You are probably buying N800 brake pads. Go for the best quality
Re: Iron Or Carbon Break Pads by andymofia(m): 7:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
Claracuzio: You are probably buying N800 brake pads. Go for the best quality

People like you have never bought a brake pad in their entire life.
Re: Iron Or Carbon Break Pads by sultaan(m): 10:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
the cheapest brake should last 2 yrs and a good semi metallic should last 5yrs easy.I have 80k miles on a ford fusion and still have factory brakes on it.My jeep had 50kmiles on a brake that was on the used jeep before I changed it last month.If you pay for quality you will get quality

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Cheaper And More Reasonable; Old Car Or Newer Car Engine Transplant / ....... / FG Clarifies Waiver On Auto Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.