Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,660 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me (34931 Views)

Suntai Leaves Govt. House; Packs Into House Bought For Him By His Deputy / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by texazzpete(m): 7:51am On Nov 02, 2013
cjrane:

@ the bolded,
That is precisely her crime to these yoruba people.
As far as they are concerned,Why should she implement the President's promise to make AIIA to become international, which they fear might threaten Lagos airport. That is why some corrupt yoruba men sat down and planned this whole scandal with buying these cars, claiming it was being bought for the minister of aviation , framed her up with lagos media groups and almost denied her a chance to speak!

Shame on you all! The truth has finally come out and no amount of name calling and blackmail will make the minister resign in frustration according to your shameful plot. She will stay on and continue with her amazing transformation of our aviation sector. Go to your plot 2 and start saying junk about Okonjo Iweala or Allison Madueke! You shall still fail as usual!

You have failed in your evil war to stop the glorious Igbo people doing great things for our dear country Nigeria.

So, if it's GEJ's idea and promise to make Enugu Airport and international airport, why do you need your crooked 'sister' to be there at all costs? Why would a cabal of Yorubas scheme to remove a minister when the minister's replacement will just carry on doing the same thing?

I think we've seen enough to know that Oduah is highly complicit in this matter. You may want to elaborate on why her aide, Joel Obi, initially claimed the cars were for Oduah's security. Abi is Joel Obi now a Yoruba name?

Please stop saying 'our dear Nigeria'. You do not love this country. If you did, you would not be so hasty to brush aside corruption because of ethnic bias.

5 Likes

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by lastpage: 11:21am On Nov 02, 2013
cjrane:

@ the bolded,
That is precisely her crime to these yoruba people.
As far as they are concerned,Why should she implement the President's promise to make AIIA to become international, which they fear might threaten Lagos airport. That is why some corrupt yoruba men sat down and planned this whole scandal with buying these cars, claiming it was being bought for the minister of aviation , framed her up with lagos media groups and almost denied her a chance to speak!

Shame on you all! The truth has finally come out and no amount of name calling and blackmail will make the minister resign in frustration according to your shameful plot. She will stay on and continue with her amazing transformation of our aviation sector. Go to your plot 2 and start saying junk about Okonjo Iweala or Allison Madueke! You shall still fail as usual!

You have failed in your evil war to stop the glorious Igbo people doing great things for our dear country Nigeria.

@the bolded:
*My friend, did it occur to you that the "East of Nigeria" has long been due for an international airport for God knows how long?
*Did it not occur to you that even the river Niger is due for dredging almost two decades ago (Even former President Shagari in his days promised that to garner Igbo votes, back then .... and its not been done of today!).
*Did it occur to you that Stella Odua actually came-in when that Airport was at "an advanced stage of completion" and that it was previous Aviation Ministers who "designed, approved the design, awarded the contract and commenced work" on the building of that Airport and "fortunately, some of these Ministers were Yoruba, including the sharp-tongued Femi Fani-Kayode?

So how did you reach that mindless conclusion that Yorubas dont want Igbo to have Airport in the East or that it will make the Yoruba land "poor"! Jeez, some of you never stop amazing me with your puerile logic and warped sense of reasoning!

The Sky is big enough for all to fly, trust me on that.
The "brain" is always mightier than the "muscle" and the Yorubas are gifted with the cranial ability to calmly "sit down and think deeply, to resolve any situation to their advantage".

For example, every city in America has an Airport better than the best in Nigeria .... and it did not make any of the city poorer.
Why would l fly to Abuja Airport for example, if l want to go to Onitsha or why would l fly to Enugu Airport if l want to come from Kano to clear some goods at Apapa port?
Each Airport will have its own "catchment customers and comparative advantage", changing with time and demand.
I pray they also dredge and develop a Cargo port at the Niger Bridge head in Onitsha, it will simply make "trading better" between all the regions.
Mind you, if you produce much in Aba or Onitsha, it only stands to common sense that you will need to ship it to a "market" somewhere else, maybe the North or the West (Yorubaland). So, Apapa port will still be busy as usual, only the "trade route" may just change direction! grin grin

Real business men like Dangotte, who know how business economics work, dont engage in all these infantile rants about tribalism, because they understand that the bigger the market, the better for them. You will get there one day in the future. wink

Having said that, l agree that "Yes, the Airport was "commissioned" under Stella Odua.
But does that give her a blank cheque to embezzle public funds and spend it recklessly on mundane things she will never buy with her own money? NO!
Does that justify her manipulations of the system put in place? NO!
Does that justify her bare-faced and shameless denial of something so obvious only bigoted tribalist like you can not confess to? NO!

How by the way, How have she been proven innocent or which truth are you referring to?
The only truth here is that she is a bloody, brazen and unrepentant thief, a disgrace to womanhood in the mold of Mrs Etteh.

If it suits you to run abuses and manufacture enemies for yourself, that is your headache, smart Igbos that l know dont give a hoot where l come from, neither do l care if their name is Okechukwu or Nnamaka!
We work together and respect each other and make clean money doing "clean business" together
grin

Only small minds, small people and ignorants will spend all their energy and life fighting an imaginary enemy

Lastpage!

On a side note, the Igbo women you mentioned above, seem to have something in common, though they are no different from other Hausa or Yoruba thieves opportuned to hold govt positions.

1 Like

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by lastpage: 11:45am On Nov 02, 2013
LeSaint:

My frnd, I dont know the sector in which you worked and gained your understanding of the use of the directive, "Do the needful", but I tell you you misfired completely in your analysis. So much for show of savvy! Now, everyone, get the TRUE and contextually ACCURATE interpretation (and Oduah's intendment in her use of that term for her defence); it means, "it's ok, but follow due process as usual to implement". But the PROBLEM is that that directive is out of context when the proposal or memo contains specifics, like a vendor's name or a firm offer (quotation). In other words, it depends on what the PRAYER in the memo is. If the prayer goes like, You may wish to APPROVE the award to "x" vendor, at their "y" price, then you as the boss CANNOT say "Approved, do the needful"!!!
"Do the needful" is ONLY used for "approvals-in-principle", that is like, Nkemakolam would say Hon Min, it would be a good IDEA to buy Armoured Bimmers, and the Min would say, ok go ahead and COMMENCE the procurement PROCESS, ie, the needful! Nkemakolam would the prepare an ADVERT COPY and send out to minimum two popular national dailies, inviting interested vendors to submit quotations for Bimmers. This is the first Due Process step, and it cannot be taken without approval.

Bros, l've worked in both private and public sector (Telecoms, Banking and public service) and l can tell you that you are actually wrong and your arguement is full of conjectures and "may-bees"!
First you must look at that directive (Do the needful) in tandem with the adjoining word attached to it( Approved) and what is the nature/content of the request being sought for Approval,...
That would give you a clear understanding of the context of the Phrase and what exactly "the Needful" is, in this context.

let me summarize it as l have written extensively on this before.
*The Memo in question was definitely about Vehicle procurement, dont let us dance over that as you are doing.
*Subordinates dont write to their supervising Ministers as you suggested in your example.
*I dont know if you have seen the "Final Approval letter that was signed" and in question here.
I have seen a photocopy of it (and dont ask me to post it here, that would be ludicrous!).
On it, there was a request for Approval TO BUY the two vehicles, at the stated price" directed to the Minister. (the approval request was not to commence "expression of interest" or to ask for "submission of proposals" from vendors or to begin a "due process" exercise. ).
It was a request for APPROVAL to PURCHASE VEHICLES. You can only get to that point after doing all due diligence and concluded the process.
*She did not even open it to "public tender" as required by law (Read her answer in the Senate briefing she gave about that). It was all done in a haste and in-house!
*She wrote "Approved" across the face and signed it. She then added, "Do the Needful".

Now in the context of what the Approval was for ( to buy two Vehicles at stated price), it will be silly to start making assumptions that the subordinate was to start all over again to seek opinion or just to express a suggestion to the Minister.

Thus, "Do the Needful" affixed after the word "Approval", was a direct instruction to the subordinate to "Go ahead and procure the Vehicles".
When it is time for payment, all you need to (and that is what they did), is to attach that approval letter (with supplier invoice) to the Financial Controller, to release funds to the supplier of the Vehicle, and ofcourse, Stella Oduah had since turned herself into not just the Minister, but also the Financial Controller of the Aviation Ministry!
Again, l will suggest you get your hands on a copy of the Approval letter itself (search for it as you can) and then make your own informed judgement.

I dont need to appear savvy to faceless persons, on a faceless forum like this, it adds no value to me at this stage of my life.
it is people who lack depth in "real life" that court recognition and "likes" on Social Media. grin grin
Anyway, you dont have to accept my opinion, lets move on.
No big deal.

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by rhymz(m): 6:57am On Nov 05, 2013
texazzpete:

And to think you're the same person that had this to say a short while ago

You were the same person railing against indecency, corruption and lack of morality...and now here you are supporting the same thing because the person involved belongs to your tribe.
Even If we assume your post lambasting Adeboye had nothing to do with your observed ethnic bias, at best you come out of this looking like a hypocrite.
You are the hypocrite here, shouting more than the bereaved, Stella Odua's case is a pure case of incitement by people who think because the can control the media they can control the way an average Nigerian understands the shenanigans going on in our polity. Corruption is corruption whether done by a politician or a MOG with inordinate ambitions, the difference is that one gets to take the high moral ground while performing hos art of hoodwinking all because he is an MOG while the usual politician gets politically slain even before she gets her chance to prove her claims of innocence.
You are the shameless hypocrite here that think you can arm twist me into condemning Stella Odua based on unauthorized leak of a ministry's transaction by Sahara reporters which we all know are being funded by the opposition and interest group that. feel slighted by the woman's audacious moves to demystify them and destroy their reign of corruption in the industry.
You are the shameless hypocrite here that always based his conclusions on mere sentiments and not fact just as you have tried to elicit thesame sentiments by digging up an entirely different post that discusses corruption on religion, sentimentality is your fact, sorry though I am a chronic pragmatist, I don't appeal to illogical sentiments, bring your facts.
As long as no constituted legal authority has pronounced Stella guilty of any allegation of thereof corrupt enrichment, I refuse and will continue with vehemence to support her especially as it is obvious that her public trial has every signature of sectional witch haunting and little legal substance, I will support her and continue to enjoin all other Igbo sons and daughters to do thesame, after all, after all said and done, it will still come down to sectional interests, do why pretend?

1 Like

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by rhymz(m): 7:12am On Nov 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

The supporter of a thief is a thief.

At least most people know now that a majority of Ndigbo support corruption when it is being undertaken by one of their own.

Bloody hypocrites.
Just like majority of Awon omo Oduduwa supports corruption and turn a blind eye when the crook is one of their favourite sons, Jagaban comes to mind, who can be more corrupt than that frog eye emergency Moses to the Yorubas, Let's not come here and start rubbing lipsticks on pigs just because we want to give a perfect picture of our tribe, if it comes down to that, the Yoruba will come first even before the Hausa. yes!
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by rhymz(m): 7:24am On Nov 05, 2013
Pukkah:

shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin

This is a death blow to rhymz!

The Uncovering of Mega Hyprocrisy!

He even had the guts to be sermonizing and pontificating!
hypocrisy is hiding your true intentions and blowing hot and cold over non-issues all in a bid to divert attention from your true intentions. I have always said it and will continue to say it, give us concrete proof why you think the woman and not Oyedepo is a thief? You all get cerebral and judgemental when the subject of discussion is a politician from the east but develop cold feet when it is about the bible wielding conmen mostly from your own neck of the woods indulging in pure religious graft of preposterous propensity and effect.
Yet pretenders like you want to talk about hypocrisy, what ever happened to self-reflection? You all are the hypocrites trying to feign ignorance of the obvious just because it is not in your own interest to recognize it.
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by 0monnakoda: 11:50am On Nov 05, 2013
In these days of tight finances Mr Obeyb4complain has instructed that the family generator must never be switched on without his express. approval
So when the time came for the Super eagles vs Ethiopia game his obedient son WhichkainpikinIbornsef asked his father if he could swith on the "gen".
"Yes my pikin do the needful" his father replied
What does his father mean

A; To go and check whether his father has settled the debt owed for diesel
B; To go and ask the landlord if he can switch on the Gen
C: To go and order suya and Gulder so they can enjoy themselves
D: To go and invite their neighbours to come and watch the game
E: To go and switch on the "Gen" and turn on the TV
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 15, 2014
Nigeria is in a pestilential aqua with the likes of Stella.

She isn't a cognitive liar.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

El-Rufai lists conditions for forgiving Shehu Sani / Jonathan: How Jega's INEC Conspired Against Me In 2015 / Osita Chidoka Blasts IPOB Over Sit-At-Home, 'No Election' In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.