Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,512 members, 7,808,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 (4370 Views)

Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / How To Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship As A Nigerian Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by itodoho(m): 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
i have been having trouble registering for the commonwealth scholarship which is ongoing. will any kind soul here give me the direct link to the application site. i understand we have to apply through a nominating agency which in this case is the federal scholarship board but their website is not going through. please any advice is welcome. help a brother please.

3 Likes

Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by bicorn: 12:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
i called the FSB office in abuja and i was told to apply on the commonwealth scholarship global website. it'll be submitted to the nominating agency from there. He also mentioned dat interview date is 26th-29 of Nov. Hurry while stock lasts!
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by patwilly(m): 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Can u provide me with the link please? Thank you
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by bicorn: 9:44am On Nov 02, 2013
google it
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by bisiboom: 10:13am On Nov 02, 2013
Is admission to a UK university a requirement? Or are we applying with a request for admission still pending?
Kindly answer house
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by lasunray(m): 6:00am On Nov 05, 2013
@bisiboo, u dont need to ve an admission yet. i ve almost completed mine. for those that needs the website- https://csc.do-it-online.org.uk/csc/CSC_AppPortal.ofml. who is tru with the applicatition pls
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
lasunray: @bisiboo, u dont need to ve an admission yet. i ve almost completed mine. for those that needs the website- https://csc.do-it-online.org.uk/csc/CSC_AppPortal.ofml. who is tru with the applicatition pls

The link is not going through. Have you applied yet?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by lasunray(m): 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
emahnwel:

The link is not going through. Have you applied yet?

try cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/ or
https://csc.do-it-online.org.uk/csc/ElectronicApplicationSystem.htm
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by DMainMan: 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2013
lasunray:

try cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/ or
https://csc.do-it-online.org.uk/csc/ElectronicApplicationSystem.htm

Which nominating agency is advisable for one to choose. I am considering Unilag
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
I think this scholarship requires that applicant must have gotten an offer of admission into the UK university before applying. I gotten stock somewhere that I was required to attach IETLS and Offer of Admission letter from the UK university.. It's well.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by Mintayo(m): 11:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
emahnwel: I think this scholarship requires that applicant must have gotten an offer of admission into the UK university before applying. I gotten stock somewhere that I was required to attach IETLS and Offer of Admission letter from the UK university.. It's well.

that is my thought,you ought to have gotten an offer of admission first.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by lasunray(m): 6:38am On Nov 06, 2013
DMainMan:

Which nominating agency is advisable for one to choose. I am considering Unilag

federal scholarship board- Nigeria
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by DMainMan: 8:50am On Nov 06, 2013
lasunray:

federal scholarship board- Nigeria

Tks
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by DMainMan: 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by seeker88(m): 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2013
Please, do they sponsor any course that one wishes to study or they have specific courses that they sponsor
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by lasunray(m): 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
seeker88: Please, do they sponsor any course that one wishes to study or they have specific courses that they sponsor
yea. they've specific courses. but there is a space for "others"which I clicked cos my course wasn't there. the courses are mostly on those that will develop the country.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by seeker88(m): 4:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
lasunray:
yea. they've specific courses. but there is a space for "others"which I clicked cos my course wasn't there. the courses are mostly on those that will develop the country.
Hmmm....okay, thanks.
Same here, they do not have d courses on all d offers that I've got.....na wa oh!
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by lasunray(m): 4:52am On Nov 09, 2013
you can still apply(which I did). I clicked on "others"
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by SegunMike(m): 12:17am On Nov 16, 2013
seeker88: Please, do they sponsor any course that one wishes to study or they have specific courses that they sponsor

For Commonwealth Scholarship, they can sponsor any course, its only that u have more chances if ur course is geared towards the development of ur country.

people most times confuse commonwealth scholarship with commonwealth-share.

Commonwealth scholarship involves nominating agencies from d commonwealth countries, in which they submit their nominees/candidate for selection, just like d one that is on now, whereas commonwealth-share involves d institution sharing sponsorship with commonwealth, that one doesnt involve nominating agency, rather u will apply to the institution directly and they wld nominate u to commonwealth. Here in commonwealth-share, specific courses are listed from all d university, it can be seen from d commonwealth-share prospectus. commonwealth-share scholarship has opened too and would be on till first quater next year, depending on d deadline of ur institution.

1 Like

Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by naijaboylive(m): 7:29am On Nov 16, 2013
SegunMike:

For Commonwealth Scholarship, they can sponsor any course, its only that u have more chances if ur course is geared towards the development of ur country.

people most times confuse commonwealth scholarship with commonwealth-share.

Commonwealth scholarship involves nominating agencies from d commonwealth countries, in which they submit their nominees/candidate for selection, just like d one that is on now, whereas commonwealth-share involves d institution sharing sponsorship with commonwealth, that one doesnt involve nominating agency, rather u will apply to the institution directly and they wld nominate u to commonwealth. Here in commonwealth-share, specific courses are listed from all d university, it can be seen from d commonwealth-share prospectus. commonwealth-share scholarship has opened too and would be on till first quater next year, depending on d deadline of ur institution.
Pls can u share de commonwealth-share scholarship site or u cud help me check if Newcastle or Lancaster university is one of d nominating institution. Ave bin offered admission in both university.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by patwilly(m): 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by patwilly(m): 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
hi folks. i need some information and quite urgently too.i applied for some scholarships and some of the requirements are that the applicant secures admission in a uk university.now i'm at sea on which university will readily offer admission with little fuss keeping in mind one that also has good academic programmes(in this case, i mean a recognized university). i wouldnt want to waste my time applying to just anyone if i dont stand a good chance of securing admission. thanks.
the course is a post graduate one(Masters) - Electrical/Electronics Engineering; advice on options such as Msc electrical power, Msc Control Engineering etc are higly welcome. God bless you as you comment. thanks.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by davide470(m): 3:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
patwilly: now i'm at sea on which university will readily offer admission with little fuss keeping in mind one that also has good academic programmes(in this case, i mean a recognized university). i wouldnt want to waste my time applying to just anyone if i dont stand a good chance of securing admission. thanks.
the course is a post graduate one(Masters) - Electrical/Electronics Engineering; advice on options such as Msc electrical power, Msc Control Engineering etc are higly welcome. God bless you as you comment. thanks.
Try Cranfield University or Robert Gordon University.

Google them out.

1 Like

Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by patwilly(m): 8:51am On Nov 17, 2013
davide470:
Try Cranfield University or Robert Gordon University.

Google them out.
bless you brother. Any other suggestions are welcome.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by lasunray(m): 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
They've contacted my referee- 14days to go!
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 20, 2013
lasunray: They've contacted my referee- 14days to go!

Yeah. Same here. 14 days to what? Any idea on what next?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by patwilly(m): 2:54pm On Nov 20, 2013
You guys should check ou this link...is it for real or some sort of scam?..and how come they haven't contacted any of my refrees?
Hers's d Link...http://nigerianjobcareer.com/commonwealth-scholarship-felowship-plan-20142015/
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by lasunray(m): 9:05pm On Nov 20, 2013
patwilly: You guys should check ou this link...is it for real or some sort of scam?..and how come they haven't contacted any of my refrees?
Hers's d Link...http://nigerianjobcareer.com/commonwealth-scholarship-felowship-plan-20142015/

I saw Lagos State Scholarship Board there.
@Mr Emmanuel, Its closing 3rd of Dec
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by patwilly(m): 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
lasunray:

I saw Lagos State Scholarship Board there.
@Mr Emmanuel, Its closing 3rd of Dec
which one is lagos state scholarship board again. I thought we were discussing commonwealth scholarship on this thread. What are you guys talking about?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by lasunray(m): 4:55am On Nov 21, 2013
patwilly:
which one is lagos state scholarship board again. I thought we were discussing commonwealth scholarship on this thread. What are you guys talking about?

I'm talking about the link you just posted, i think it is different from what we are discussing here (I stand to be corrected).
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 by patwilly(m): 6:32am On Nov 21, 2013
lasunray:

I'm talking about the link you just posted, i think it is different from what we are discussing here (I stand to be corrected).
if it is so, then why is it done by geo-political zones? Does Lagos state govt.now give scholarship to persons from othe zones? Is it another scholarship separate from the main commonwealth scholarship? More questions than answers...!

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / TOP TEN MOST POWERFUL MILITARY IN THE WORLD[PHOTOS] / Please What's This Creature Called

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.