Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,001 members, 7,799,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

How Jumia Nigeria Fires Its Staff: True Experience - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jumia Nigeria Fires Its Staff: True Experience (11422 Views)

Nigeria Fires Over 200 Soldiers For ‘cowardice’ In Face Of Boko Haram Attacks / Segun Adewale Allegedly Fires Shots Into APC Campaign Office / Doyin Okupe Blasts Buhari Again On Twitter – Nigerians Fires Back – Read Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jumia Nigeria Fires Its Staff: True Experience by esere826: 11:59am On Nov 01, 2013
Sometimes, its a great emotional release to complain
sometimes it is unessecarily depressing to complain
Sometimes, the prospect of what the future holds is so scary that we have to complain in pain
sometimes, it is useful to do something instead of complaing
sometimes, complaint draws the attention of a sensible government or trade union
sometimes, complains helps in warning others not to fall into the trap you fell into
sometimes, ones complaint can be the 'tipping point' needed to bring about change

....after your complaint,
if nothing changes
kindly pick yourself up, dust yourself
...and invest time in thinking of the next positive step

God bless you

3 Likes

Re: How Jumia Nigeria Fires Its Staff: True Experience by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 04, 2014
I find it refreshing to read this thread now, especially after Jumia's "founders" have been "sacked". Proves the original post by Temistl is not off the mark.
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Fires Its Staff: True Experience by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 04, 2014
Jumia has lots of pr team on NL and other Nigerian forums to counter any accusation against them. @OP, I hope you get the legal justice you deserve.
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Fires Its Staff: True Experience by 7lives: 9:38am On Jul 04, 2014
onomeasike: Trust me this OP is irresponsible. Why wait till you got fired before complaining. While I am not holding forth for jumia, this jumia guys should not be run down in this manner. They have opened a new vista in commerce and for a new line of business, they will still be having a challenge. The govt should move in to assist them before they pack up due to the antics of never-do-good like this OP.Also, we should keep praying for Jumia for God to help them find out saboteurs that may still remain in their employment. I have dealt with employees like this OP and I am sure he is not a complete witness of truth

What exactly are you talking about, I know someone who works for konga and am not getting positive feedback from him. The thing with Nigerians is that we are too docile, we don't know our rights, all kinds of exploitations and wickedness going on in this country and it seems Nigerians are oppressed for being a citizen of this country.
@OP if you have any issue with jumia or you felt cheated, take your case to the LASG office of the public defender, they can help you.
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Fires Its Staff: True Experience by aslioffice: 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
Dear Temi, I send you an email. Could you reply. So we can talk about this topic. I am doing researches about this theme.
Thank you in advance!
Re: How Jumia Nigeria Fires Its Staff: True Experience by Kellygold(f): 9:30am On Aug 05, 2014
This is like a big blow. I noticed most of my connections on linkedin (working with Jumia) changed jobs. Some for a smaller company.
Even the CEO (Raphael) is now with Supermartng while the COO (Ercin) is now with NewCo alongside some other Ex-Staff of Jumia.

Na wo Oh!!! Thank God I turned down their job offer after Lesie Fabian refused to give me the job as at when I wanted it.

You can imagine living on the mainland and working in Lekki for a company that sacks like this.

Like 9ice song goes, 'I LIKE THE KIND WAY I DEY LIVE NOW'.

1 Like

Re: How Jumia Nigeria Fires Its Staff: True Experience by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 18, 2019
BarryX:
I have a friend who works there presently and trust me the dude complains like hell.

Truth be told, The first time I got to their new office at Adeniyi Jones , I was very impressed with the general youthful nature of staffs not knowing that's a façade.

OP -- Channel your energies elsewhere and be creative rather than crying foul for a Sack ?

Are they (JUMIA) worth the stress ??

You are wrong.

When good men do nothing in the face of evil, evil grow.

It is time we speak up, not for our good but that of humanity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Theophilus Danjuma Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today / INEC To Hold Governorship Elections In Kogi, Bayelsa On November 2 / Why Miyetti Allah Should Not Be Respected – Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.