Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG (55253 Views)

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Codedrock(m): 7:32am On Nov 01, 2013

This is the best ASUU Update in a long time! The latest report reaching us is that the Federal Government has assured the Nigerian Students that Admission will resume next week! That is, we have just less than 4 days to go before we say goodbye to ASUU Strike. But the question still remains; we ASUU agreed to call off this strike? Read the official report below.
Breaking News: Nigeria Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU- F.G
President Goodluck Jonathan will on Monday, November 4, meet with the leadership of ASUU at the Presidential Villa.
An official of the Vice President’s office who pleaded anonymity told Scan News that all hands are now on deck to ensure that the Universities resume next week.
The President will at next Monday’s meeting present to the ASUU leadership the administration’s last concession for them to call off the prolonged strike.
A source at the Presidential Villa noted that if ASUU fails to call off, the Federal Government will then resort to plan B, which will be to compulsorily open the Universities, using the instrumentality of the governing councils and the school managements.
Already, most of the governing councils of the Universities have started meeting to work out modalities for the compulsory re-opening of the Universities should ASUU fail to honour the personal request of President Jonathan.
It was gathered that security report available to the Presidency may have necessitated this line of action to salvage the Universities system from the direction it is facing at present.
So, if the Academic Union of Universities fails to call-off this strike next week, the Federal Government will resort to Plan B! Now i love the sound of “plan B” am still not sure who runs the Nigeria Institutions, the F.G or ASUU? SO all students should get ready to return to School next week.
SOURCE
WOW! I AM SERIOUSLY LOVING THIS. FUC.K THOSE BITC.H THAT CALLS THEMSELVE ASUU.. GO ON MR JONATHAN I AM WITH YOU! Guys wetin you think?
Like this post if you support me!
Married fashion designer And Her lover died after having too much S.ex in Ogun State (Graphic photo)[photo]

55 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by udohjaphet: 7:37am On Nov 01, 2013
hands and legs cross till i see them opening if they care

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 01, 2013
We all know that these lecturers do not know anything. Equipped with internet, students can totally study their courses and know beyond what their Lecturers know.

It is time to abrogate ASUU and restore the Education system to Pre-ASUU days, Tertiary Education was better before ASUU was formed, and will be better after ASUU is abrogated.

They right to peaceful Assembly, does not include the Liberty to Unite for Anarchy and totalitarian malapropisms against Education of our Youths.

ASUU is totally interested in what goes into their individual bank accounts and not the plight of the Students in this country.

132 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by venorite(m): 7:53am On Nov 01, 2013
So re they gonna employ new staff cos I think the lecturers re the one on strike and they also do the teaching....

8 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 01, 2013
Op,pls move this thread to the education section or were u banned in that section?

Remember to move it along with my comments.

4 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by demelza: 7:54am On Nov 01, 2013
Now wey December don reach?
Abeg FG I wan do christmas for house. angry

14 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by snoopy(m): 7:58am On Nov 01, 2013
Wait....if they forcefully re-open the universities disregarding ASUU should it refuse their newest offer, who exactly are those who gon' teach us? undecided

Between, I like this new found vibe by the FG to put an end to this madness but question is: did they have to wait this long to get serious about this issue? The president himself was the one who told us on a live media chat that government has done all it can that Nigerians should direct their concerns to ASUU while we remain at home as if it was ASUU we all voted for? It is when the strike has clocked exactly 4 months he now realises he wields enough power as the commander in chief to finally put an end to this. Only shows the kind of leaders we have.

16 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by nerodenero: 8:10am On Nov 01, 2013
No source and I think the news isn't tenable at all.The Plan B has specified in the report isn't realizeable because the Universities won't open if the lecturers are still on strike.The only good news from the report if it is true is that the President himself will meet with ASUU and present FG's latest offer.I guess that is what celebrating.It obvious that if the President can't persuade ASUU to go back,then,the end is near for ASUU and the effect on students will be appalling.

4 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 01, 2013
we re waitinq embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by tyson99(m): 8:26am On Nov 01, 2013
E no go better for both FG and ASUU....msscchheeww

4 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by wasak(m): 8:26am On Nov 01, 2013
Please sack d lecturers!!! they don't own the universities... FG does but spare prof Femi he's sincere...
#teamIHATEASUU

17 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by LMAyedun(m): 8:28am On Nov 01, 2013
venorite: So re they gonna employ new staff cos I think the lecturers re the one on strike and they also do the teaching....
GBAM!!!
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Luxiana19(f): 8:33am On Nov 01, 2013
Sincerely hope its not like the other empty promises theyv been making ,.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by krugar07(m): 8:43am On Nov 01, 2013
jonah wan enter fish belle again.

15 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by mariyaizah(f): 8:44am On Nov 01, 2013
anyhow they won do am,me i just tire for all of them...but right now,lets pray that it works so that for the first time i can say that GEJ has done somefing..cos what he has been doing..his presidential fleet n all..i just dey look am

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by DankemzI(m): 8:44am On Nov 01, 2013

"Last year alone, we expended N935 billion on security. It is enough to dualise all Nigeria highways, it is enough to create job,"
President Goodluck Jonathan for the project and their doggedness, despite the unprecedented security challenges in country.
He noted that about N900 billion spent on security alone last year could have been enough to upgrade all the federal Universities in the country.

8 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by 0monnakoda: 8:47am On Nov 01, 2013
A large number of soldiers and policemen are being readied to give lectures.A source informed tht the Civil Defence groups and LASTMA are not left out. We understand that Shem is brushing up his IT skills and even Patrick Obh will put in appearances in some Universities

15 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by talktimi(m): 8:54am On Nov 01, 2013
venorite: So re they gonna employ new staff cos I think the lecturers re the one on strike and they also do the teaching....
seems you dont know how Amaechi fvckd ASUU's style up in Rivers state. Their case na beans

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Sicozone(m): 9:06am On Nov 01, 2013
This is not news. FG is just a joker,it seems this strike has just started......the war btwn the two parties has just begun.....NLC is on the watchout,am very certain of that.

6 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by WildChild00(m): 9:07am On Nov 01, 2013
Jona Jona,....cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by babslamin: 9:07am On Nov 01, 2013
Belike say oga Jona dey go back to class do lecture, beta for him

15 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Sicozone(m): 9:11am On Nov 01, 2013
.....Fingers crossed,i'll appreciate we are shown a live feed of the president's meeting with ASUU.....
Click like in support of this.

16 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by gerald09(m): 9:14am On Nov 01, 2013
I hope dis news is true, cos ASUU don fu*ck up, 5 month of strike n counting, just cos dem no c money to chop. Am sure some student/persons will condemn "PLAN B". Please GEJ some1 needs to mess ASUU up, for years dey have prevented student from quality education, d same student dey claim dey fighting for have suffered in d hand of d same ASUU members. We need dem scraped.

5 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by abes(m): 9:18am On Nov 01, 2013
Billyonaire: We all know that these lecturers do not know anything. Equipped with internet, students can totally study their courses and know beyond what their Lecturers know.

It is time to abrogate ASUU and restore the Education system to Pre-ASUU days, Tertiary Education was better before ASUU was formed, and will be better after ASUU is abrogated.

They right to peaceful Assembly, does not include the Liberty to Unite for Anarchy and totalitarian malapropisms against Education of our Youths.

ASUU is totally interested in what goes into their individual bank accounts and not the plight of the Students in this country.

Yes, you are right, the students will organize exams for themselves, mark and grade themselves, issue certificates themselves, smh.

61 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Sermwell(m): 9:19am On Nov 01, 2013
R

3 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Brimmie(m): 9:22am On Nov 01, 2013
Shame On FG!! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:33am On Nov 01, 2013
This government may be clueless, but it shouldn't make the whole world believe we all are. How is this suppose to work, schools opening without lecturers? Can the President, in like-manner, ask hospital patients not to seek treatment in privately owned hospitals but go to those owned by government even though doctors are on strike?

17 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Waspy(m): 9:41am On Nov 01, 2013
Tales by Moonlight

4 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Iceman296: 9:45am On Nov 01, 2013
And what's The Plan B? Employ New Staff?

This Issue should be Resolved Amicably Once-and -For all Because we can't Tolerate Such Nonsense anymore. Five Months is not Five Days!

2 Likes

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by InwehAkpevwe(m): 9:50am On Nov 01, 2013
So lng as d news stil carries '...MAY CALL OF STRIKE' den its no news. D oli news worth hearing nw is ASUU STRIKE CALLED OFF... Any oda 1 na old story or rumor. #teamcalloffasuustrikenownow#

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / Parents Should Stop Doing This Because Of Their Children's Future / Oko Polytechnic Rector Weeps As Corrupt Lecturer Is Exposed By ACTU (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.