Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road (11447 Views)

Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) / Female Sex Worker, Two Men Burnt To Death In Delta State / A Tanker Fell At Brown Road, Aguda Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by Tuntheycr7: 8:30am On Nov 01, 2013
A tanker carrying P.M.S product probably from Ilorin, Kwara State. Today had a lone crashed along Jebba - Mokwa express road, the accident occurred around 4pm today.
31/10/13
the caused of the accident can not be unconnected with the over-speeding of the driver. he can not get total control of the tanker when he got to a sharp corner while he was driving at a top speed, all efforts by the driver to get the tanker to halt after one of the back tyre had bursted proved abortive. The trailer skidded and fell but within a twinkle of an eye the tanker exploded and behold a big and thick smoke covered all the area.
unfortunately nobody could help the poor driver, everybody was scared because of the fire, so the driver and his two friends were trapped inside the tanker. they all got burnt along with the tanker as everybody at the scene were looking helplessly as the tanker cont.s to burn.
even the FRSC men that came can do nothing but just to look and called for police men to come and join them.
here are pix i was able to took b4 ma fone starts sayin ba3 too low for radio services.
we spent more than hours at the spot b4 we could proceed with our journey.

Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by Tuntheycr7: 8:32am On Nov 01, 2013
more pix

Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by Tuntheycr7: 8:35am On Nov 01, 2013
more

Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by Annie2gud(f): 8:54am On Nov 01, 2013
What a smoke....!!!!so Sad.
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by slap1(m): 9:17am On Nov 01, 2013
RIP. Is that a Nigerian road? I guess he's not used to driving on good roads.

3 Likes

Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by Tuntheycr7: 9:52am On Nov 01, 2013
RIp to dem

Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by Tuntheycr7: 12:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
Pix

Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by Tuntheycr7: 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
slap1: RIP. Is that a Nigerian road? I guess he's not used to driving on good roads.
Lol
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by free2ryhme: 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
Annie2gud: What a smoke....!!!!so Sad.

na fuel be dis nah .. how u wan make the smoke be before ...mtschew!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by hardballripplez: 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
The road looks very okay tho. Only God knows*so sad*
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by 3ace(m): 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2013
Very pitiful. Sudden tyre burst, I dey fear am gan ni.
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by Polio: 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
Must be something with the tanker!
Tragic
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by otijah(m): 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
RIP to the tanker, not the driver oooo

1 Like

Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by kingschild123(m): 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
We thank God other vehicles were not plying the road when this happened. RIP
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by realitychick: 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
Speed aint good on a sharp bend esp for an heavy trucks,,, Please drivers, Remember what u learnt in DRIVING SCHOOL
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by Dhortunn(m): 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by Gombs(m): 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
...OP

Thanks you for tekking the pishures...and thenk you for the distace you keept. And RIP to the drivers dem

But was you in the same crass with Zebrudiah? I and him was sha!
grin

Some pple will blame Stella Oduah for this
By the way

GEJ till 2019
StellaOduah till 2015
Vote APC 2027
grin

2 Likes

Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by emmabest2000(m): 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
R I P
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by ifedayogal(f): 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
rip to d dead
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by tommykiwi(m): 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
Tuntheycr7: Pix
dis pix no do U? They r talking abt life dat av gone, u r dere asking of pix..RIP ...
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by ifedayogal(f): 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
reality.chick:
Speed aint good on a sharp bend esp for an heavy trucks,,, Please drivers, Remember what u learnt in DRIVING SCHOOL
that is if dy attended any
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
RIP. Crying tingz. God help us o.
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by whosefault(f): 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
Are those people on uniform road safety officials or students coming back from school?
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by liyalla(m): 4:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
The road was just to smooth for any driver to drive slowly.A driver told me diz tanker drivers vanish when involved in accidents(hence they drive in speed nd refuse overtaking) now I know d truth, RIP if bodies are found,and lipsrsealed if non found
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by nerodenero: 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
here are pix i was able to took b4 ma fone starts sayin ba3 too low for radio services.
Take
RIP to the dead.
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by Lagusta(m): 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
reality.chick:

How many of them go to driving school?? Most of them learnt how to drive tankers ALL BY THEMSELVES!!!!

Pathetic but true....
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by youthmustwork: 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
slap1: RIP. Is that a Nigerian road?
is nt a nigeria road, na dubai idiataaaaah. Thank ur God dt u re nt frm niger republic.
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by Djtm(m): 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
So we still have good roads in Nigeria?
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
those tanker drivers. that sharp bend always.
the same thing happened at that same spot few years ago.
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by theripper3: 4:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
The road is quite okay by Nigerian standards, so it has to be overspeeding or mischance.

RIP to the dead.
Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by soulglo: 4:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
liyalla: The road was just to smooth for any driver to drive slowly.A driver told me diz tanker drivers vanish when involved in accidents(hence they drive in speed nd refuse overtaking) now I know d truth, RIP if bodies are found,and lipsrsealed if non found

Are you serious? I sincerely hope you are joking.

I would have said call the fire department. First there would be no fire department and even if they got the call they would tell you that they do not have water and even if they had water they would tell you that they have no fuel and even if they had fuel they will just tell you that the people are likely dead anyway. Sigh

May the souls of the departed rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: A Tanker Driver And His Friends Burnt To Death At Jebba-Mokwa Express Road by helphelp: 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
Not used to good roads, I guess...! R.I.P to the dead

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Resigns – Warns Men Of God To Disentangle Themselve / Who Wants A Glitter Tag? / Love Evergreen Against All Odds..... Even Poverty..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.