Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi (6293 Views)

Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) / The Tribe Where Big Is Definitely Beautiful: Ethiopian Men Compete To Be The.... / The Somali/ethiopian People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by plezant(f): 11:55am On Nov 01, 2013
source: http://chukwudiiwuchukwu..fr/2013/10/photo-meet-ethiopian-men-who-compete-to.html?spref=fb

Photo: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Milk
For Ethiopia's Bodi or Me'en people, bigger is always better.
According to DailyMail, the tribe, which lives in a remote corner of Ethiopia's Omo Valley, is home to an unusual ritual which sees young men gorge on cow's blood and milk in a bid to be crowned the fattest man.

Six months after starting the regime, the men emerge to show off their newly engorged physiques and for a winner to be chosen.

The champion fat man is then feted as a hero for the rest of his life.

Bizarre it may sound, See the pictures below

What do you think about the pictures?

Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by paul288yahoo(m): 12:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
The dawn is near
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
How bizarre......but it's normal for them sha

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Boll2010: 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
Tell me y the white won't see black race as monkeys.....now I know y we giant of africa....not because we av everything or we among the greatest cuz we giant amidst these dwarf uncivilized countries#Shame on the black heritage.....africa at wat?
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
I saw a documentary about these ppl when i was a child. It was fascinating yet scary at the same time. If i am remembering correctly, ome guy who won the contest later died during the filming of the documentary due to something happening with his stomach as a result of drinking too much blood in such a short time span.

Anyway i forgot all about them. This thread has refreshened my memory. smiley thanks.
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Fulaman198(m): 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
Boll2010: Tell me y the white won't see black race as monkeys.....now I know y we giant of africa....not because we av everything or we among the greatest cuz we giant amidst these dwarf uncivilized countries#Shame on the black heritage.....africa at wat?

Tell me why you have such a low self-esteem and care so much about what white people think about you?
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by ifyalways(f): 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
Do they still do this ? Arrrgh.

Each man to his own but darn,this is gross.
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Boll2010: 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2013
Fulaman198:

Tell me why you have such a low self-esteem and care so much about what white people think about you?
so you think that low self esteem May God help you
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Fulaman198(m): 8:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
Boll2010: so you think that low self esteem May God help you

Yes, it is. No one should care about what others think of them. May God help you get past your low self-esteem
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Boll2010: 7:21am On Nov 04, 2013
Fulaman198:

Yes, it is. No one should care about what others think of them. May God help you get past your low self-esteem
you must be mentally derailed like the cattles you take around grazing! Sheby na cuz u see cow milk na hin make u open d thread unto say u get one of ya mate na herd man......dusty boy.....do you need sumone to tell you this is foolish
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Fulaman198(m): 9:53am On Nov 04, 2013
Boll2010: you must be mentally derailed like the cattles you take around grazing! Sheby na cuz u see cow milk na hin make u open d thread unto say u get one of ya mate na herd man......dusty boy.....do you need sumone to tell you this is foolish

Since you want to go that route with your comments, it is you who is mentally deranged. Only weaklings care about what others think of them. Grow up and grow a pair of balls. White people are not God you weakling. So what if they view others ideals as whatever they want to view it. Quit bowing your head down to them like some low life scum. I bet you are one of those Africans who tries to speak with a British or American accent so that white people will accept you. You disgust me.

Learn to respect other peoples traditional practices, it's your opinion if you think it's stupid. To them, it's an age old tradition. Even if someone doesn't like what they do, they can not impose their views on others. If your peanut-sized brain can't comprehend this, then perhaps you should seek primary school guidance.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Boll2010: 10:51am On Nov 04, 2013
Fulaman198:

Since you want to go that route with your comments, it is you who is mentally deranged. Only weaklings care about what others think of them. Grow up and grow a pair of balls. White people are not God you weakling. So what if they view others ideals as whatever they want to view it. Quit bowing your head down to them like some low life scum. I bet you are one of those Africans who tries to speak with a British or American accent so that white people will accept you. You disgust me.

Learn to respect other peoples traditional practices, it's your opinion if you think it's stupid. To them, it's an age old tradition. Even if someone doesn't like what they do, they can not impose their views on others. If your peanut-sized brain can't comprehend this, then perhaps you should seek primary school guidance.
since you couldn't comprehend my first post,then I believe you wrote this reply out of frustration,bro life is too short to be bitter,go offline now and go shagg some fulani ladies hawking WARA
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
Smh.
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by olumidaie(m): 11:09am On Nov 05, 2013
Boll2010: since you couldn't comprehend my first post,then I believe you wrote this reply out of frustration,bro life is too short to be bitter,go offline now and "go shagg some fulani ladies hawking WARA"

walahi, u bad gan oh.
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
"go shagg some fulani ladies hawking WARA"

but forget, which kind stupid custom be dat. All dese abokis for them kenya, somalia and ethiopia stupid gan oh.

Anyway, mallam fula, this is not about inferiority complex, dis is STUPID!!!!!!! Why u no ban dis guy ; see as he take yab you. Aboki, u Bleep up big time oh!

cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Fulaman198(m): 10:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
olumidaie:

walahi, u bad gan oh.
"go shagg some fulani ladies hawking WARA"

but forget, which kind stupid custom be dat. All dese abokis for them kenya, somalia and ethiopia stupid gan oh.

Anyway, mallam fula, this is not about inferiority complex, dis is STUPID!!!!!!! Why u no ban dis guy ; see as he take yab you. Aboki, u Bleep up big time oh!

I'm not the type of person who bans people because they disagree with me. Everyone has a right to their own beliefs.
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Ajuran: 4:07am On Nov 06, 2013
When i read this, I was really shocked. How can the civilized Cushitic people of Ethiopia due something like this. Then of course i saw the picture and saw that it was the negroids in the south of ethiopia. These negroid are the ones who also wear the lip plates. they still walk around naked just like their brethren in other parts of africa.

More proof, of my previously held notions. That the people in Somalia/Ethiopia/Eritrea have nothing in common with negroids.
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Nobody: 4:23am On Nov 06, 2013
Fulaman198:

Finally someone who GETS IT. You sir deserve a like from me.

This is why I have much respects for Horners and Muslim Africans, hell even that Somali troll, because they do not see white people as "Gods" like other Africans do.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Fulaman198(m): 4:57am On Nov 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Finally someone who GETS IT. You sir deserve a like from me.

This is why I have much respects for Horners and Muslim Africans, hell even that Somali troll, because they do not see white people as "Gods" like other Africans do.

You should help in the struggle of getting some of these low self-esteem people in check
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 06, 2013
Fulaman198:

You should help in the struggle of getting some of these low self-esteem people in check

lol...Just check out my thread history. I made many threads dedicated to African history which showed Africa had a hige role in history than thought. Hell I made a thread called 100 facts Africa!
https://www.nairaland.com/1234203/100-facts-africa

Me and Kails/MsDarkskin always made threads like that.

Then you have my thread called deadliest black/African warriors which was a hit.
https://www.nairaland.com/1263616/deadliest-black-african-warriors

1 Like

Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Ajuran: 6:17am On Nov 06, 2013
you two need to get a room. my god. shocked
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Fulaman198(m): 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:

lol...Just check out my thread history. I made many threads dedicated to African history which showed Africa had a hige role in history than thought. Hell I made a thread called 100 facts Africa!
https://www.nairaland.com/1234203/100-facts-africa

Me and Kails/MsDarkskin always made threads like that.

Then you have my thread called deadliest black/African warriors which was a hit.
https://www.nairaland.com/1263616/deadliest-black-african-warriors

Good job bro, sometimes I feel some of you people of the African diaspora have more African pride than Africans themselves.
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
Fulaman198:

Good job bro, sometimes I feel some of you people of the African diaspora have more African pride than Africans themselves.

Thanks. smiley

Not all...Some don't like to be associated with Africa or Africans and some have extreme self hate like Dominicans, some African Americans and even some Haitians(its true). But those are a minority, most diasporans acknowledge their African roots and know their culture is strongly African influenced. Most AA's don't even acknowledge their European roots but only their African one(sometimes Native American).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbSCLxyPQcs

Most diasporans have pride in being black/African because I guess we had to struggle.
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Fulaman198(m): 7:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Thanks. smiley

Not all...Some don't like to be associated with Africa or Africans and some have extreme self hate like Dominicans, some African Americans and even some Haitians(its true). But those are a minority, most diasporans acknowledge their African roots and know their culture is strongly African influenced. Most AA's don't even acknowledge their European roots but only their African one(sometimes Native American).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbSCLxyPQcs

Most diasporans have pride in being black/African because I guess we had to struggle.

Dominicans want to be associated with Whites and Spain (I watched an entire documentary on them on diaspora people in the Americas and how they classify themselves). I was very surprised by Dominican republic, but proud of Brasil.

I do not understand why there are so many people who give being "black" such a negative connotation. I'd rather be called black before being called Indian, or black before being called any other skin colour. I wish I were darker myself (like those of South Sudan and Senegal). I think many black cultures in Africa are extremely rich and I'm proud of being black, African and Pullo (Fulani). I would rather and never trade it for something else. There are many mysteries in Africa that are still being explored, the beauty of its people, the land, the animals, etc. In my opinion, there is no other continent as beautiful as Africa in the world (just my opinion though).
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Adamskuty(m): 11:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ajuran: When i read this, I was really shocked. How can the civilized Cushitic people of Ethiopia due something like this. Then of course i saw the picture and saw that it was the negroids in the south of ethiopia. These negroid are the ones who also wear the lip plates. they still walk around naked just like their brethren in other parts of africa.

More proof, of my previously held notions. That the people in Somalia/Ethiopia/Eritrea have nothing in common with negroids.
stfu u antelope,they are ur people,the cuhitic people,ur kind,ethiopian,all one,al the same,one country,one people,pig grin
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Ajuran: 6:24am On Nov 07, 2013
Adamskuty: stfu u antelope,they are ur people,the cuhitic people,ur kind,ethiopian,all one,al the same,one country,one people,pig grin

they are not cushitic. in your dreams. all the people who are cushitic in ethiopia are called habesha. those in the south were invaded, used as slaves, and don't have power.

i can post articles if you want. their languages are not cushitic or semetic. they are called the southern people.

all the people in ethiopia have a state. but the people in the south are just called the southern people, because they area collection of bantus. while the cushitc people each have their own state.

Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 07, 2013
Fulaman198:

Dominicans want to be associated with Whites and Spain (I watched an entire documentary on them on diaspora people in the Americas and how they classify themselves). I was very surprised by Dominican republic, but proud of Brasil.

I do not understand why there are so many people who give being "black" such a negative connotation. I'd rather be called black before being called Indian, or black before being called any other skin colour. I wish I were darker myself (like those of South Sudan and Senegal). I think many black cultures in Africa are extremely rich and I'm proud of being black, African and Pullo (Fulani). I would rather and never trade it for something else. There are many mysteries in Africa that are still being explored, the beauty of its people, the land, the animals, etc. In my opinion, there is no other continent as beautiful as Africa in the world (just my opinion though).

I find you like many Fulanis ironic...Many and I mean MANY people claim Fulanis are mixed between Africans and Middle Easterners, yet many Fulanis always claims that they are African/black and very proud. When ever someone tells them the opposite they enter in a long argument. I've seen that from many Fulanis around the net. Must be that warrior spirit you guys have like the Tuaregs.
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Fulaman198(m): 9:11am On Nov 07, 2013
KidStranglehold:

I find you like many Fulanis ironic...Many and I mean MANY people claim Fulanis are mixed between Africans and Middle Easterners, yet many Fulanis always claims that they are African/black and very proud. When ever someone tells them the opposite they enter in a long argument. I've seen that from many Fulanis around the net. Must be that warrior spirit you guys have like the Tuaregs.

That is because we are not mixed with middle easterner. We are of Senegambian origin. We are a Sahelian group that inhabits a lot of the southern Sahara and the forest regions of Fouta Djallon. No need to say we are mixed with something that we aren't (like some ethnic groups in Nigeria would like to be, not mentioning those groups). We're proud of being black, no inferiority complex.
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 07, 2013
Fulaman198:

That is because we are not mixed with middle easterner. We are of Senegambian origin. We are a Sahelian group that inhabits a lot of the southern Sahara and the forest regions of Fouta Djallon. No need to say we are mixed with something that we aren't (like some ethnic groups in Nigeria would like to be, not mentioning those groups). We're proud of being black, no inferiority complex.

Trust me...I know you guys are African. Fulanis being mixed with middle easterners has already been refuted time and time again. Fulani men carry high levels of West African E1b1a, especially Fulani Nigerians who carry it at 100%.

Its not me who said Fulanis are mixed but uninformed people.
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Ajuran: 10:42am On Nov 07, 2013
Now if only you guys could stop saying we are mixed with arabs. They came from us.
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ajuran: Now if only you guys could stop saying we are mixed with arabs. They came from us.

Of course they did. smiley
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Ajuran: 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Of course they did. smiley

are you being sarcastic.
Re: Meet The Ethiopian Men Who Compete To Be The Fattest By Drinking Cow Blood & Mi by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ajuran:

are you being sarcastic.

No...Its actually true in a way.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Silent Night In Yoruba / How Successful Has Feminism In Africa And In Nigeria Been? / Igbos Of Haiti.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.