Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God (9788 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:59am On Nov 05, 2013
macof:

stupid fool.
the Jewish god is not the god of other nations or gentiles. we have our own God.

Olodumare is the God of the Oodua nation
You are not different from the Jews then......God cannot be sectionalised or tribalised....There is only One True God,the Maker of Heaven and Earth......
Imagine a scenario whereby every tribe on Earth has there own Almight God?
Probably,All this Almighty God{s} came together and shared the Parts of Earth to inhabit and recieve Worship then? There will be Millions of ALMIGHTY GOD{S}.....Isnt it stupid?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Mintayo(m): 11:15am On Nov 05, 2013
macof:

stupid fool.
the Jewish god is not the god of other nations or gentiles. we have our own God.

Olodumare is the God of the Oodua nation
which Odua nation are u talking about?
Which Olodumare are you talkin abt?
What will ur ololdumare do to those that are not undr your odua nation or those that do nt believ in him? Smh
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by peterphd(m): 11:43am On Nov 05, 2013
Deha:
I believe u dont know God..Firstly,you need to Know God personally...When u do,u will realise that u have been Wrong all along........Sigmund Freud will tell u better
Sigmund Freud was an atheist
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 11:49am On Nov 05, 2013
peterphd:
Sigmund Freud was an atheist
Yap,until he saw how Wrong he was all along in his Death bed!! And he has Written books,of which many have read and will follow.....He cried...and cried.....and weeped.....But it was too late,Death was just lurking Behind!!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
Deha:
I know of Only One Way to Bring God to Yourself........i can tell u

Tell us
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:58pm On Nov 05, 2013
Deha:
Is God forcing u to believe in Him? The answer is 'no'...Thats why He gave u free Will so that u choose what to and what not to believe!!

But he threaten to punish us for exercising our freewill
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
Mintayo:
What will ur ololdumare do to those that are not undr your odua nation or those that do nt believ in him? Smh

Being ignorant is not a bad thing but being ignorant with pride is a sign of stupidity.

The same bible you are reading stated that there are many Gods and many Lords so each nation walks with his own God.

ELEDUMARE is what you call Most High....HE is the universal God and not the tribalistic one lost souls like you are following.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
Deha:
You are not different from the Jews then......God cannot be sectionalised or tribalised....There is only One True God,the Maker of Heaven and Earth......
Probably,All this Almighty God{s} came together and shared the Parts of Earth to inhabit and recieve Worship then? There will be Millions of ALMIGHTY GOD{S}.....Isnt it stupid?

You reason as if we were not religious once or know anything about Abrahamic faith.

Get this straight, I was a christian for 18years and a good muslim for 3yrs. So I understand your faith, doctrines and scripture more than you imagine.

The bible you are reading stated that there are many Gods and many Lord so each people shall walk with the name of their God. The bible God is the the God of Israel which you cant deny.
Also the quran stated that messengers and messages were sent to different people meaning mohamed and Islam are designated for the Arab only.

Do yourself a good favour reading your scripture before arguing on it.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by macof(m): 2:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
Deha:

do the jews believe Yahweh is God of all? NO
do u believe pagans serve God? No
so leave me to serve my God, Olodumare
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by macof(m): 2:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
Mintayo:
Olodumare is peaceful he doesnt indulge in chasing after humans like Yahweh grin
if a yoruba doesnt believe in Yahweh wat happens?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Mintayo(m): 7:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
macof:
Olodumare is peaceful he doesnt indulge in chasing after humans like Yahweh grin
if a yoruba doesnt believe in Yahweh wat happens?
you have not answered my question.
Let me add one more,i can see that following olodumare is very easy,no? What is your hope in this life and after this life? What does ur olodumare has in stock for you? You dig?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Tell us
Total Detachment
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You reason as if we were not religious once or know anything about Abrahamic faith.

Get this straight, I was a christian for 18years and a good muslim for 3yrs. So I understand your faith, doctrines and scripture more than you imagine.

The bible you are reading stated that there are many Gods and many Lord so each people shall walk with the name of their God. The bible God is the the God of Israel which you cant deny.
Also the quran stated that messengers and messages were sent to different people meaning mohamed and Islam are designated for the Arab only.

Do yourself a good favour reading your scripture before arguing on it.
Nah.....Wrong bro!!
"There are many 'gods',but one God"......
If there were many Gods in the bible you read,then we definitely read different Bibles....
On a more Factual note,quote where you saw in the Bible that there are Many Gods?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by macof(m): 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
Mintayo:
you have not answered my question.
Let me add one more,i can see that following olodumare is very easy,no? What is your hope in this life and after this life? What does ur olodumare has in stock for you? You dig?

you can only find out Olodumare's will for u through Ifa. If u need to find out what Olodumare plans for you, you should go consult Ifa. We all have different destinies and purposes
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
macof:

you can only find out Olodumare's will for u through Ifa. If u need to find out what Olodumare plans for you, you should go consult Ifa. We all have different destinies and purposes

Lol, but does this IFA thing really work? Can it be used for predicting the outcome of matches? if yes, na IFA things now o. Nairabet don die
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by macof(m): 10:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, but does this IFA thing really work? Can it be used for predicting the outcome of matches? if yes, na IFA things now o. Nairabet don die

Guy Ifa really works o, and Yes! It can predict match scores.
It could happen like this
When a player consults Ifa before a match, Ifa would reveal the players immediate future, if he would suffer a terrible injury or be the cause of his teams loss or win.

It's left for the player to decipher the message and realize the prediction of Ifa
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by macof(m): 10:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
rationalmind:

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
Deha:
Total Detachment

tie with my conditions? If yes we are good. If no, i aint a slave.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
Deha:
Nah.....Wrong bro!!
"There are many 'gods',but one God"......
If there were many Gods in the bible you read,then we definitely read different Bibles....
On a more Factual note,quote where you saw in the Bible that there are Many Gods?

You got it wrong bro. I think you confused on capitalization of (G) god. It still the same bro.

Let roll bro......you need to fully understand that God is nobody's name but a title which got it origin from Germany. So it is not a proper noun unless it directed as representation for a particular being. So instead of clearing on capitalization, why cant you call your God by his name?

The word God in the bible was translated from hebrew word 'Elohim'.
Elohim

Elohim (אֱלֹהִ֔ים ( is a grammatically singular or plural nounfor "god" or "gods" in both modern and ancient Hebrew language.

When used with singular verbs and adjectives elohim is usually singular, "god" or especially, the God. When used with plural verbs and adjectives elohim is usually plural, "gods" or "powers". [ 1 ] [ 2 ] It is generally thought that Elohim is a formation from eloah, the latter being an expanded form of the Northwest Semitic noun il(אֵל, ʾēl [ 3 ]).

It is usually translated as " God" in the Hebrew Bible, referring with singular verbs both to the one God of Israel, and also in a few examples to other singular pagan deities. With plural verbs the word is also used as a true plural with the meaning "gods". [ 3 ]The related nouns eloah(אלוה) and el(אֵל) are used as proper names or as generics, in which case they are interchangeable with elohim.

The above is etymological evidence.
Let me show you God/gods are the same with different bible version.

Exodus 22:28
King James Version (KJV)

28 Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

Revised Standard Version (RSV)

28 “You shall not revile God, nor curse a ruler of your people.

- King James Version (1611)

¶ Thou shalt not reuile the Gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

In the same verse, chapter and book from different version, we got different personalites according from you? The case here is either the bible contain lies or God/gods are same thing.....and can you see the bold in kjv 1611 version?

That is the tip of the iceberg.....there are more other verses with translations on that and Lord/lord.

Going by the bible, your God is a junior in the pantheon of Gods. He inherited Israel from the Most High which all you ignore. He is delivering all his duty to the Elders of heavens. So he is one of the children of El. That is where different nation and different God pop out.

You are just a baby christian....abeg go and study your bible once more.

2 Likes

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
macof:

When a player consults Ifa before a match, Ifa would reveal the players immediate future, if he would suffer a terrible injury or be the cause of his teams loss or win.

It's left for the player to decipher the message and realize the prediction of Ifa

Ifa deals with Ori not gamble.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:52am On Nov 06, 2013
Its now very clear that the Christians have only the bible to back up their God ...they totally reject reason and the written works of History .

Any attempt to engage them in logical arguments is bound to fail as it will only result in going round in circles . This once more highlights the fact that REASON and FAITH will almost always be diametrically opposed .

I look forward to the day Africa will be free from the mental suppression/oppression of foreign religions.....only then shall Black Africa truely come of age .

@Folykaze thanks for the beautiful thread; with people like you around , there is still hope for Africa and Nigeria !
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by macof(m): 8:01am On Nov 06, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

If u understood. Ifa would deal with the Ori of the player, and give messages relating to his nearest future. It's left for the player to realize if the message constitutes a favorable outcome or not
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by macof(m): 8:04am On Nov 06, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:22am On Nov 06, 2013
Oduduwaboy: Its now very clear that the Christians have only the bible to back up their God ...they totally reject reason and the written works of History .

Any attempt to engage them in logical arguments is bound to fail as it will only result in going round in circles . This once more highlights the fact that REASON and FAITH will almost always be diametrically opposed .

I look forward to the day Africa will be free from the mental suppression/oppression of foreign religions.....only then shall Black Africa truely come of age .

@Folykaze thanks for the beautiful thread; with people like you around , there is still hope for Africa and Nigeria !

thank you bro.

Even the bible some christians are reading are diluted one. Most of the read their pastor sermon and not the scripture. Critical study of the bible make me reject my faith. I work with different versions when studying it. I have always challenge christian to study their bible on their own if they want the truth.

@ Deha.....you have been going smoothly in circle without bringing up bible....this is the second time I school you on your ignorant babble. I wish you can go home and read the cooked lie before coming on forum like this. And dont dare call Orisa Idol again only if you want me to prove your God is an Idol too. I back my things with your bible.....you can dare kaze but remember world war 2, he is a dangerous baby. Lol.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:31am On Nov 06, 2013
macof:

If u understood. Ifa would deal with the Ori of the player, and give messages relating to his nearest future. It's left for the player to realize if the message constitutes a favorable outcome or not

My dear brother. I dont like arguing with you much because I have little knowledge about Ifa and Orisa.

I have seen omo awo playing baba-ijebu and I asked him why he is still poor despite consulting Ifa. He made me realised that Ifa is not for gamble but for Ori.

You have concluded above that it can apply for player's ori but you never show me how it work for nairabet.

Also, I understand Ifa is infinite. Some babalawo might predict scores (win or lose), some might predict the condition of the game (injury and fatality) while some may predict exact score. I think it depend on the level of understanding and how person can interpret Odu.

Imagine a priest here telling me understanding and interpreting Odu will take me 8yrs and above.....he stated that it quatum and deep. So I think those that can interprete will do prediction though it doesn't worth it when there are good project to do. Odudua need Oro and ritual sacrifices not nairabet prediction.

1 Like

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 06, 2013
@macof n folykaze. Thanks for your replies, this IFA stuff looks really fascinating. Most of us who are yorubas don't even know a dime about it. I'll try to read more on it myself.

1 Like

Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 06, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You got it wrong bro. I think you confused on capitalization of (G) god. It still the same bro.

Let roll bro......you need to fully understand that God is nobody's name but a title which got it origin from Germany. So it is not a proper noun unless it directed as representation for a particular being. So instead of clearing on capitalization, why cant you call your God by his name?

The word God in the bible was translated from hebrew word 'Elohim'.

The above is etymological evidence.
Let me show you God/gods are the same with different bible version.

King James Version (KJV)

28 Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

Revised Standard Version (RSV)

28 “You shall not revile God, nor curse a ruler of your people.

- King James Version (1611)

¶ Thou shalt not reuile the Gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

In the same verse, chapter and book from different version, we got different personalites according from you? The case here is either the bible contain lies or God/gods are same thing.....and can you see the bold in kjv 1611 version?

That is the tip of the iceberg.....there are more other verses with translations on that and Lord/lord.

Going by the bible, your God is a junior in the pantheon of Gods. He inherited Israel from the Most High which all you ignore. He is delivering all his duty to the Elders of heavens. So he is one of the children of El. That is where different nation and different God pop out.

What a brilliant reply. You na boss o. I expect the dude to come back to say, "folykaze does not understand the bible"lol
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:00am On Nov 06, 2013
macof:

Imagine a scenario whereby everyone knows What tomorrow will be!!
Imagine living a life without hope!! Would u still call that life?
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:17am On Nov 06, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

tie with my conditions? If yes we are good. If no, i aint a slave.
There is alwaz a first to everything bro...Sometimes,we seek the Right Things through the Wrong Way,and thats why we dont get the results we desire...
You might be truthfully seeking God,but you are doing it through the Wrong way..Thats What i was trying to tell u,but u thought i was making fun of You....
But i can tell You this though,When You are TOTALLY DETACHED,You don't even need to seek God,God will come to You...
A heart/soul full of creatures{the world} is empty of God..But a soul empty of creatures is bound to be full of God..This is because God is pure and Holy.
Your Soul is like Your eyez..Your eyez only Work properly When it is not in hurt..Imagine a scenario where sand or dirt enters ur eye,for that mean time,u wont c clearly..
Thats how the soul is..Once ur soul is filled with creatures{worldly tinz},it is conformed and does not see clearly..It is only when your soul is totally detached of creatures that it can see clearly,and thats the only time it can come in union with its origin{God}......
Thats why i tell u,once u are Totally Detached,and With this ur zeal to know God,God is bound to come to You....Goodluck.
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:35am On Nov 06, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

So,who fed you this one?
So,which bible said this? I will have to stop here though..I Wont encourage you to keep damaging yourself{soul} with the Words you say{type}...You seem to Know all,yet ur knowledge is full of confusion Within yourself..and that is because,you dont have God in you....But i have told you the way.......
When You get to the Stage of Truthfulness in God,no human doctrine or writing will make you waiver or start doubting yourself in God...Dont bother to quote this post though,i have unfollowed the Thread!
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:36am On Nov 06, 2013
..double post..
Re: Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God by Deha(m): 10:36am On Nov 06, 2013
Double post

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? / What If My Mother Is Really A Witch / Why Do Christians Celebrate Birthdays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.