Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers (8941 Views)

WORLD RECORD! The First Man To Be Sacked For Not Dancing To A Secular Song / Abia:56 Sacked Non-indigenes Drop Dead. / He Was Sacked For Refusing To Be Transfered To Boko State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by xarxes(m): 12:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
Clearly corruption stinks in Nigeria including our corporate world. I got wind recently of a non-conformer who was persecuted for not giving in to corruption. This concerns a certain medical sales representative in Lagos working for an indigenous local pharmaceutical company (names withheld) whose popular products include Artesunate and Vitamin c Glucose which you might know very well.

Sales reps are usually hired to market and sell their medicines to hospitals and pharmacies. Sales reps are allowed to sell above company selling price and keep whatever profits they make on the field as an incentive to them since they are generally poorly paid. But what I hear as a pharmacy owner is that this sales reps are usually mandated to give kickbacks (part of their personal profits) aka bribe to their direct supervisors or managers so as to retain their jobs and get more goods to sell so as to meet up with very high and ridiculous targets. This is usually a conspiracy or a corrupt scheme in most indigenous pharmaceutical companies which is known only to the reps and their managers excluding the most senior managers and MD.

Most reps do comply as far as I know so as to save their jobs and meet targets. But what annoys me is when it is made compulsory for them and those who don't comply are usually frustrated out of the company or blackmailed most times they are sacked unjustly and replaced without the knowledge or consent of the MD. This happens very often and has been in place in so many companies for years now. This recently happened to a pharmacist friend of mine. And I begin to ask if NLC or the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria or NAFDAC is not aware of all this schemes or if they are aware but they choose not to act or investigate it. It beats me seriously.

Please my good people of NL, your advice or inputs are needed here.

These corrupt schemes must stop. Its unprofessional and unethical.

Pls MOD pls front page pls I beg u.thanks

2 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
Why withholding the names?

This is where corruption starts from... If you know you want to be part of those putting an end to corruption, you need to declare the one[s] involved so they can marvel at how the information got out and then make sure that they don't do such inhuman corrupt act again...

Doing that, things will begin to turn a new leaf.

22 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by xarxes(m): 1:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
ledafaze: Why withholding the names?

This is where corruption starts from... If you know you want to be part of those putting an end to corruption, you need to declare the one[s] involved so they can marvel at how the information got out and then make sure that they don't do such inhuman corrupt act again...

Doing that, things will begin to turn a new leaf.
noted my broda
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
Okay, I'm suprised to hear this. Especially the part where sales Rep. are allowed to sell drugs above company price and keep the difference. That is an unethical practice most of the prestigious pharmaceutical companies would sack a sales Rep. of they found out he did something like that. They even separate the order generator from the supplier to prevent stuff like this from happening.

1 Like

Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
xarxes: noted my broda

So can you now edit your post stating those involved? The case of the lady and that perverted pastor should tell you what identity disclosure can do...

1 Like

Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by otijah(m): 4:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
She should face the consequences, how on earth can u live in this nation without bribe, what was she thinking when refusing to return bribe, does she wanna chop alone? Good for her
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by ifedayogal(f): 4:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
o ga o....corruption is everywhere...may GOD av mercy on ds nation

1 Like

Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
Drop me i have cum to d bus stop.
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
ledafaze:

So can you now edit your post stating those involved? The case of the lady and that perverted pastor should tell you what identity disclosure can do...
easy man. Easy
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by free2ryhme: 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
xarxes: Clearly corruption stinks in Nigeria including our corporate world. I got wind recently of a non-conformer who was persecuted for not giving in to corruption. This concerns a certain medical sales representative in Lagos working for an indigenous local pharmaceutical company (names withheld) whose popular products include Artesunate and Vitamin c Glucose which you might know very well.

Sales reps are usually hired to market and sell their medicines to hospitals and pharmacies. Sales reps are allowed to sell above company selling price and keep whatever profits they make on the field as an incentive to them since they are generally poorly paid. But what I hear as a pharmacy owner is that this sales reps are usually mandated to give kickbacks (part of their personal profits) aka bribe to their direct supervisors or managers so as to retain their jobs and get more goods to sell so as to meet up with very high and ridiculous targets. This is usually a conspiracy or a corrupt scheme in most indigenous pharmaceutical companies which is known only to the reps and their managers excluding the most senior managers and MD.

Most reps do comply as far as I know so as to save their jobs and meet targets. But what annoys me is when it is made compulsory for them and those who don't comply are usually frustrated out of the company or blackmailed most times they are sacked unjustly and replaced without the knowledge or consent of the MD. This happens very often and has been in place in so many companies for years now. This recently happened to a pharmacist friend of mine. And I begin to ask if NLC or the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria or NAFDAC is not aware of all this schemes or if they are aware but they choose not to act or investigate it. It beats me seriously.

did you just wake up to this reality or are you a learner

So MS Oduah case is a joke abi
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by gazilion: 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
I lost interest and stopped reading when the name of the pharmaceutical company isn't mentioned!
Are we really serious in our fight against corruption?
How come you write against corruption when you shield the corrupt?
COWARDS!!

6 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by Laslim(m): 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
Corruption everywhere evin in d toilet. Nawao, may god help us
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by Hardheolar(m): 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
Let him move on with his life. God will provide a better and reasonable job.

1 Like

Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by solid3(m): 4:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
Don4perfect: Drop me i have cum to d bus stop.

hope u cum well well.
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by OluwaKoopa(m): 4:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
xarxes: Clearly corruption stinks in Nigeria including our corporate world. I got wind recently of a non-conformer who was persecuted for not giving in to corruption. This concerns a certain medical sales representative in Lagos working for an indigenous local pharmaceutical company (names withheld) whose popular products include Artesunate and Vitamin c Glucose which you might know very well.

Had you really wanted to expose corruption, you wouldn't have withheld the name of the company.

3 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by vitality22(m): 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2013

@the bolded, what you are doing as far as am concerned, is gossiping. Why are you withholding the name of the company? You are definitely one of the corruption laden individual we are trying to fight in this country. Give us the name of the company and the manager involved and we will begin to take you serious. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by helphelp: 4:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
The OP is as corrupt as the supervisors...!!!

The OP is probably hoping on a bribe, before im jabo the names...

1 Like

Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by liyalla(m): 4:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
I think that corruption exists in U too @OP. Withhold the name of culprit and U think U r better off. The reason why nobody talks is cus even the managers pay their "tax"(bribe) to superior. So as U can see, its a welcomed development-try not to be greedy like Ur friend and pay Urs if demanded or as U already do.

1 Like

Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by humpito(m): 4:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
Unveil their identities. Do not cover corruption

1 Like

Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
All of you screaming should calm down. 1. this is not the OP 's story, how do you know of he's gotten his friend's permission to go public? This is what happens when people come to nairaland to rant without thinking things through.

2 Likes

Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by Ericacomfort: 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
i advice she shuld leave does involve to God to judge, nemesis will catch up wit dem someday. you are payin someone peanut and u still xpect bribe? i mean, its inhuman
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by Sagamite(m): 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2013

Most reps do comply as far as I know so as to save their jobs and meet targets. But what annoys me is when it is made compulsory for them and those who don't comply are usually frustrated out of the company or blackmailed most times they are sacked unjustly and replaced without the knowledge or consent of the MD. This happens very often and has been in place in so many companies for years now.
This recently happened to a pharmacist friend of mine. And I begin to ask if NLC or the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria or NAFDAC is not aware of all this schemes or if they are aware but they choose not to act or investigate it. It beats me seriously.

If this is happening, there is no way the MD and Senior Managers would not know.

They cannot be that detached from their strategic front line. If it is the norm as you described, then they must be condoning it. It has nothing to do with Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria or NAFDAC.
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by Sagamite(m): 4:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
gazilion: I lost interest and stopped reading when the name of the pharmaceutical company isn't mentioned!
Are we really serious in our fight against corruption?
How come you write against corruption when you shield the corrupt?
COWARDS!!

Well said!
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by Sagamite(m): 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hardheolar: Let him move on with his life. God will provide a better and reasonable job.

Erica comfort: i advice she shuld leave does involve to God to judge, nemesis will catch up wit dem someday. you are payin someone peanut and u still xpect bribe? i mean, its inhuman

Gooooooooooooooood! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by Sagamite(m): 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
bigdiva: All of you screaming should calm down. 1. this is not the OP 's story, how do you know of he's gotten his friend's permission to go public? This is what happens when people come to nairaland you rant without thinking things through.

Then it is best not to be discussing it at all.
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by xarxes(m): 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
bigdiva: Okay, I'm suprised to hear this. Especially the part where sales Rep. are allowed to sell drugs above company price and keep the difference. That is an unethical practice most of the prestigious pharmaceutical companies would sack a sales Rep. of they found out he did something like that. They even separate the order generator from the supplier to prevent stuff like this from happening.
my dear u won't understand its not ur industry u keep ranting
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by xarxes(m): 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
Sagamite:

If this is happening, there is no way the MD and Senior Managers would not know.

They cannot be that detached from their strategic front line. If it is the norm as you described, then they must be condoning it. It has nothing to do with Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria or NAFDAC.
bro u won't understand its not ur industry
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by xarxes(m): 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
liyalla: I think that corruption exists in U too @OP. Withhold the name of culprit and U think U r better off. The reason why nobody talks is cus even the managers pay their "tax"(bribe) to superior. So as U can see, its a welcomed development-try not to be greedy like Ur friend and pay Urs if demanded or as U already do.
bro u hav nothing meaning to say just keep mute
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by everyday: 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
When will corruption end in this country
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
Sagamite:

Then it is best not to be discussing it at all.
That's exactly the point I was trying to make. The op probably heard the story from his Friend and decided to come and rant on nairaland. Is he even sure the friend gave him the full story? Are we even sure he knows the name of the company in question?
xarxes: my dear u won't understand its not ur industry u keep ranting
lmfao. Now I'm walking of this thread because you've proven what I suspected. Next time get the full gist before you come to nairaland to post. rant.
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by xarxes(m): 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
NLders pls I need knowlegeable contributors pls more like medically inclined people,let's stop d idle talk pls I can't expose d company name or the victim here my NL ogas won't permit it.tanx
Re: Sales Rep Sacked For Not Bribing His Managers by osifred(m): 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
lemme catch in on front page first.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruits Sales Executive - OND Holders And Above Apply Here / Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Addax Petroleum Nigeria, 2012 / Minister Promised Fake, Non-existent Jobs To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.