Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Web Developer Needed! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Developer Needed! (1396 Views)

How To Be A Successful Web-developer / Web Developer Needed For A Sport Site / Challenges Faced By Nigerian Based Web Developer / Entrepreneurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Developer Needed! by Chrystover: 3:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
Project requirements summary:
1)Build 2 similar websites using asp.net and php
2)stress the server with Web server stressing tool (Paessler, most preferred)
3)Scan the websites using Web Security scanners (3minimum)

IN DETAILS
I need a Web builder to build two basic websites with asp.net and php technologies.
This project is three-tiered.

1) Feel free to choose the simplest kind of Web application you want to design; be it picture sharing site, Blog site or; estate management for property sale/rentals; or any other kind. Each of both websites must, however, have the minimum features as follows: login, search, and comment facilities.

The entire design concept of the sites is also up to you. But I can provide you with a sample Web application and it's working concept if you so desire.
Updated ============================
NB. You must, however, provide me with a documentation of your concept, if you decide to make use of your ideology; as well as necessary screen shots, be it ur ideology or mine.
====================================

More so, both websites would have similar additional functionality features you may wish to add.
In fact, any graphics you use on one must be used on the other. Both websites will have the same look and feel. The only difference should be the technologies used in building them; in this case, asp.net and php.

2) Now, after you have built them, host them on a single server (most preferably, an offline server ie, one local to ur system), and stress the server to find the server's request-times and the stability of its services to clients. In other words, a Web stressing tool is required. I will recommend Paessler Web server stress tool. A sample stress test is attached to this post. If you have any other stress tool, fine, but it must be able to calculate server's response-times (request-times) and the stability of its services to clients

Read the analysis here

3) these hosted websites will also be scanned for security flaws using Web scanners (web crawlers) . This task is to ascertain the disparities in the number of security threats found on both websites. N.B, minimum of three scanners would be used and their respective results should be analysed and presented. There is reason for this, buh I won't border you with long details as to why this is so.

If you are up to the task, signify and we talk further.
Re: Web Developer Needed! by kingthreat(m): 5:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
Now this is what I'm talking bout. Where the gurus at?
Re: Web Developer Needed! by webkuti: 5:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
Do you need my help?.. I can create, check my website

www.webkuti.com.ng
Re: Web Developer Needed! by spikesC(m): 11:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
I am up for the task.

But being a curious person, i would really wanna know why?
I suppose no developer would put his interest into wat he doesn't know the reason/outcome of the endeavour.

if u're looking to employ ppl or its a competition, just say so. You'll definitely get more hands in the air than the way u did which some ppl might term arrogance.

No one wants to work with an arrogant person

3 Likes

Re: Web Developer Needed! by mj(m): 12:17am On Nov 02, 2013
Email me: oshadami[dot]mj[at]gmail[dot]com, i will get it done.
Re: Web Developer Needed! by Chrystover: 11:43am On Nov 02, 2013
spikes C: I am up for the task.

But being a curious person, i would really wanna know why?
I suppose no developer would put his interest into wat he doesn't know the reason/outcome of the endeavour.

if u're looking to employ ppl or its a competition, just say so. You'll definitely get more hands in the air than the way u did which some ppl might term arrogance.

No one wants to work with an arrogant person

Thanks for your interest and concerns. But I want to assure you that this ain't no competition or seeking to employ ppl, as you termed it. In actuality, it is part of an academic project (M.Sc to be precise) which I intend to embark upon. Having said that, putting up the reason for/outcome of the project is almost revealing the entire concept of the project from which my intellect can be hijacked. Ordinarily, I have already revealed enough for an intelligent individual to decipher what I intend to achieve. So, I think what should be ur utmost concern is getting the job done as needed by the client.
Re: Web Developer Needed! by Chrystover: 12:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
mj: Email me: oshadami[dot]mj[at]gmail[dot]com, i will get it done.
You got Mail!
Re: Web Developer Needed! by Chrystover: 12:23pm On Nov 02, 2013
webkuti: Do you need my help?.. I can create, check my website

www.webkuti.com.ng

Thanks for your interest. However, this project is beyond mere creation of websites. It also entails stress testing and vulnerability testing. Still up to the task?
Re: Web Developer Needed! by spikesC(m): 12:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
Chrystover:

Thanks for your interest and concerns. But I want to assure you that this ain't no competition or seeking to employ ppl, as you termed it. In actuality, it is part of an academic project (M.Sc to be precise) which I intend to embark upon. Having said that, putting up the reason for/outcome of the project is almost revealing the entire concept of the project from which my intellect can be hijacked. Ordinarily, I have already revealed enough for an intelligent individual to decipher what I intend to achieve. So, I think what should be ur utmost concern is getting the job done as needed by the client.

Don't you think you're contradicting yourself?

BTW, i am still waiting for your email.

support at spikesinteractive.com
Re: Web Developer Needed! by Chrystover: 1:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
spikes C: BTW, i am still waiting for your email.

support at spikesinteractive.com
You got Mail!
Re: Web Developer Needed! by sisqology(m): 2:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
Boys no bomb dis thread o *confused*
Re: Web Developer Needed! by cyrielo(m): 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2013
T
Re: Web Developer Needed! by Chrystover: 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2013
cyrielo: contact us www.cyrielowebdesign.com
paul@cyrielowebdesign.com

You got Mail!
Re: Web Developer Needed! by webkuti: 7:03am On Nov 04, 2013
Chrystover:
Thanks for your interest. However, this project is beyond mere creation of websites. It also entails stress testing and vulnerability testing. Still up to the task?

We are ready to do.
Re: Web Developer Needed! by Chrystover: 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
^^ @ webkuti, you got Mail!
Re: Web Developer Needed! by webkuti: 2:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
Chrystover: ^^ @ webkuti, you got Mail!

Hello sir,

Can you explain this question answer?.
Project requirements summary:

1)Build 2 similar websites using asp.net and php
2)stress the server with Web server stressing tool (Paessler, most preferred)
3)Scan the websites using Web Security scanners (3minimum)

My question:

1) What kind of website do you want?.

I can build the website using by PHP or .NET. So you have to tell me, which language should i use to create the website?.

I shall tell you about, What is PHP?.

PHP is probably the most popular scripting language on the web. It is used to enhance web pages. With PHP, you can do things like create username and password login pages, check details from a form, create forums, picture galleries, surveys, and a whole lot more. If you've come across a web page that ends in PHP, then the author has written some programming code to liven up the plain, old HTML.
PHP is known as a server-sided language. That's because the PHP doesn't get executed on your computer, but on the computer you requested the page from. The results are then handed over to you, and displayed in your browser.

2) "stress the server with Web server stressing tool" It's not a big dame deal. We can do this part on server.

3) ) "Scan the websites using Web Security scanners". What are the security scanners?. You said 3. Just name it. see, the website scanning is not a problem. we can do this part end of the coding.

""be it picture sharing site, Blog site or; estate management for property sale/rentals; or any other kind. Each of both websites must, however, have the minimum features as follows: login, search, and comment facilities.""

My comment:

a) Blog site is different from property sale or rentals and picture sharing site.

b) Picture sharing site is different from property sale or rentals and Blog site.

c) property sale or rentals site is different from blog and picture sharing site.
therefore we are asking you, what kind of website do you want?. Do you want Blog site?. Or Do you want Picture sharing website? or Do you want Property sale or rentals?.

We can create this 3 website. you have to tell give us your idea.

""login, search, and comment"". Ok we can create this. Then what else?.

I need this too. ""The entire design concept of the sites is also up to you. But I can provide you with a sample Web application and it's working concept if you so desire.""

Please send it.

Sir,What's your contact number?. How can i contact you?. can you email me this information?

mu email address: info@webkuti.com

Very truly
www.webkuti.com.ng
Re: Web Developer Needed! by Chrystover: 12:44am On Nov 07, 2013
@ webkuti, I have addressed your questions in my mail to you. Moreover, The original post also addresses most of your questions. Kindly go through it again.
Thank you.
Re: Web Developer Needed! by webkuti: 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2013
[b]Hello sir,

It's not easy to play with ASP.NET or PHP. Most import is Idea, to create the website. We need to create layout design and there will be a lot of pages. It ok fine. we are ready to do, but you said this"" It's merely for comparing both technologies- PHP and ASP.NET,
and nothing else"".

Why do you want to compare those to languages?. I do not understand.

it's built on PHP.
plentyoffish.com is one of the most heavily-visited sites in the world, it is built on ASP.NET

you can compare those 2 website.

PHP is a server scripting language, and is a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages quickly.

PHP is a widely-used, free, and efficient alternative to competitors such as Microsoft's ASP.

ASP.NET is a development framework for building web pages and web sites with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and server scripting.

ASP.NET supports three different development models:
Web Pages, MVC (Model View Controller), and Web Forms:

If you are interested, just call us or email us. Sorry we not create the website for simply...

Thank you so much.
www.webkuti.com.ng
[/b]

Re: Web Developer Needed! by spikesC(m): 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
grin grin grin

Soooo hilarious cheesy
Re: Web Developer Needed! by Successguilders: 6:58am On Nov 08, 2013
Good day sir, if you need a web programmer email me

emmanueltechnology15@gmail.com
Re: Web Developer Needed! by Chrystover: 9:55am On Nov 09, 2013
spikes C: grin grin grin

Soooo hilarious cheesy
Do I take it that you ain't fit for the task?
Re: Web Developer Needed! by sagytariusTM1: 9:57am On Nov 09, 2013
Obviously, some people don't seem to get the gist.
Re: Web Developer Needed! by spikesC(m): 10:18am On Nov 09, 2013
Chrystover: Do I take it that you ain't fit for the task?

My comment above is definitely not for you.

I am very fit for the task, it's mostly something i do every time.
Server stressing and security scanning is a must know for every software/web developer.

Nevertheless, i just have a hunch to let this one pass. (I always wanna know what i am working on/for)

BTW, in your email, you asked me to restate exactly what you wrote here. That's also hilarious grin
Re: Web Developer Needed! by Chrystover: 11:46am On Nov 09, 2013
webkuti: Hello sir,

It's not easy to play with ASP.NET or PHP. Most import is Idea, to create the website. We need to create layout design and there will be a lot of pages. It ok fine. we are ready to do, but you said this"" It's merely for comparing both technologies- PHP and ASP.NET,
and nothing else"".

Why do you want to compare those to languages?. I do not understand.

I'm fully aware of the complexity of building a website. I am a Web developer as well, though not as a full-time profession.
To clarify the comparison I'm talking about, it means I want to compare

1)the server-request-time of both websites (that is, to find out which of the two similarly-looking websites, built differently with PHP and ASP.NET, feeds back information to clients at a faster speed than the other).

2)susceptibility of security threats to both websites. That is, both websites would be tested to ascertain the susceptibility level of attacks such as XSS, SQL Injection, etc. In other words, use the security scanners you have determine the site that gets the higher susceptibility level of threats.

it's built on PHP.
plentyoffish.com is one of the most heavily-visited sites in the world, it is built on ASP.NET

you can compare those 2 website.

and plentyoffish.com are entirely two different websites. They have differing concepts and functionality features. While one is mainly a commercial site, the other is a dating site. Need I say that the graphics used on both sites are also totally different?
See, both php and asp.net are great Web building technologies, no doubt; but each has its pros and cons. One may provide clients with a faster response (most probably because one is compiled, and not interpreted). One may also provide tighter security measures to clients due to one reason or the other. So the idea of this project is basically to compare these factors. But to get a candid comparison, each of the sites has to be similar in every respect, save for the technologies used in building them. Therefore, your idea of me comparing olx and plentyoffish.com isn't a perfect one. No offence intended.

PHP is a server scripting language, and is a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages quickly.

PHP is a widely-used, free, and efficient alternative to competitors such as Microsoft's ASP.

ASP.NET is a development framework for building web pages and web sites with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and server scripting.

ASP.NET supports three different development models:
Web Pages, MVC (Model View Controller), and Web Forms:

Like I earlier implied, I know the rudiments of Web building technologies. One thing, however, to add to is this: make do with the simplest model of asp.net development that suits whatever type of site you want to build. I will appropriately notify the readers of my completed project (ie, in the project report) the limitations under which this project was carried out.

If you are interested, just call us or email us. Sorry we not create the website for simply...

Thank you so much
www.webkuti.com.ng

I hope I've been able to clarify issues here?
Re: Web Developer Needed! by soloqy: 1:49am On Nov 10, 2013
The ambiguity in this web development proposition, gives one a headache.

For the OP, let me clarify things for you. What people are interested in hearing is (A) I have a commercial Project that I am seeking someone here to handle. (B) My budget for such and such a project is _____ . (C) The site is for a business that engages in ______ . It is a Job application portal/image sharing portal/Estate management website. Its either this or that then people would know they are not wasting their time. There is absolutely no time for people to waste on ambiguous things with a page of descriptions that points to no where.
You say its to run comparison tests on both sites built on two platforms so after that then what?
Dont you understand that times are hard and people need to redeem their time wisely grin
Do you have to complicate things the more ?
Re: Web Developer Needed! by Chrystover: 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
soloqy:
This is becoming tiresome of me trying to clarify issues with readers this often.
In your bid to help make my supposedly ambiguous proposition less ambiguous, you misinterpreted the whole ideology altogether.
Here are ur points:

(A) I have a commercial Project that I am seeking someone here to handle.
For Pete's sake, I'm NOT particularly after building a commercial website. Despite the fact that I included Estate management as an option, I only included it should a developer see it as the easiest kind of Web application he/she can build. Remember, I said the developer should choose the easiest Web application he can build. its entirely up to him/her.
My budget for such and such a project is _____ .
Here, I expect that after the developer chooses what kind of Web site that is easiest for him to develope, he will then give me the bill. Is that not a right norm?
The site is for a business that engages in ______ . It is a Job application portal/image sharing portal/Estate management website. Its either this or that then people would know they are not wasting their time.
Like I stated earlier, make your choice. JUST ONE CHOICE NOT THE THREE. From my opinion, image sharing portal is easiest.
You say its to run comparison tests on both sites built on two platforms so after that then what?
I have made it known that this is an M.Sc project. And I hope you know that "findings" form the most reason for embarking on Research. its all about curiosity. So leave the "then what" to me for now. It's a thing of discourse between me and my supervisor. A successful project outcome can now be published to the full view of interested readers. In other words, if you are not interested solely on delivering what I asked for, simply move on.
Kappish?
Re: Web Developer Needed! by webkuti: 8:31am On Nov 20, 2013
Chrystover:
This is becoming tiresome of me trying to clarify issues with readers this often.
In your bid to help make my supposedly ambiguous proposition less ambiguous, you misinterpreted the whole ideology altogether.
Here are ur points:

For Pete's sake, I'm NOT particularly after building a commercial website. Despite the fact that I included Estate management as an option, I only included it should a developer see it as the easiest kind of Web application he/she can build. Remember, I said the developer should choose the easiest Web application he can build. its entirely up to him/her.

Here, I expect that after the developer chooses what kind of Web site that is easiest for him to develope, he will then give me the bill. Is that not a right norm?

Like I stated earlier, make your choice. JUST ONE CHOICE NOT THE THREE. From my opinion, image sharing portal is easiest.

I have made it known that this is an M.Sc project. And I hope you know that "findings" form the most reason for embarking on Research. its all about curiosity. So leave the "then what" to me for now. It's a thing of discourse between me and my supervisor. A successful project outcome can now be published to the full view of interested readers. In other words, if you are not interested solely on delivering what I asked for, simply move on.
Kappish?

O my dear Chrystover, Willing to pay project amount?. the project which you ask us to do. We will do if you pay us.

(1) (Reply)

Scan News Nigeria Official Website Hacked / Greenmouse Is 5 Years Old- Journey So Far / See Important Of Using Email As Internet Marketer Or Blogger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.