Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

I need financial help concerning my education. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I need financial help concerning my education. (9501 Views)

Please I Need Financial Assistance Concerning My Education / Please I Need Financial Help Concerning My Education / Only For Students Who Need Financial Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by ayodeji752: 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
It seems u guys dont really know d process of deferring admission in ui. U must do all d registrations and pay all d fees before u can be talking of deferring admission. My advise for whoever wants to help is to give dat boy any amount he/she can afford. All i know is dat he is gonna graduate if he has d determination. @op, i'll advise u to try and get dat money and pay for d first year,make sure u hav a nice point like 4.5 and above in ur 100Level and be close to ur lecturers. I can boldly tell u dat ur lecturer will be d one dat will cater for u till ur final year but u must let dem know how brilliant u are tru ur cgpa. Ui lecturers hate brilliant students being droped out of d university because of financial problems. I know many students in college of medicine dat u are beta dan financially.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by ayodeji752: 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
I'm in college of medicine so i know wot i'm saying. Most students in COMUI are feeding tru their lecturers and urz in pharmacy faculty can't be exceptional. Ui doesnt sell handout but u are gonna photocopy material die.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by wisemania(m): 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
ayodeji752: It seems u guys dont really know d process of deferring admission in ui. U must do all d registrations and pay all d fees before u can be talking of deferring admission. My advise for whoever wants to help is to give dat boy any amount he/she can afford. All i know is dat he is gonna graduate if he has d determination. @op, i'll advise u to try and get dat money and pay for d first year,make sure u hav a nice point like 4.5 and above in ur 100Level and be close to ur lecturers. I can boldly tell u dat ur lecturer will be d one dat will cater for u till ur final year but u must let dem know how brilliant u are tru ur cgpa. Ui lecturers hate brilliant students being droped out of d university because of financial problems. I know many students in college of medicine dat u are beta dan financially.
you just read my mind bro..
@OP:
congrats on ur admin,i wish i kud b of hlp here bt my hands r tied....
Deferment of admission is not as easy as u tink it is,its not 100% safe.....Please anyone wu haz d wearwithal to assist the OP should pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease do,...writing jamb and post-jamb again is not a good idea,...he might not be as dis lucky again...
1 love...
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by SEYIKP(m): 6:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
I'm also in your shoe, i gained admission into unilorin this year. After 10yrs of serious searching of admission to UI, i can understand your ordeal. I thank God for the good people He has used to surrounded me. I also thank God for helping me to have learn't tailoring doing my stays @ home. That as being my source of income of income, because i now work as a jonnyman(helper) with a tailor here in ilorin. Post your acct-num if there is any. and i pray that God will see u thru, i will advice u to try all means to retain the admission.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 8:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
OAM4J: @OP

What exactly are you looking for on this thread; N20k acceptance fee or scholarship for the whole program?

If you pay the acceptance fee now, considering the explanation you just gave about your background, how do hope to pay the rest fees and tuition for the remaining years?

Raising 20k might be easy, but the 20k might become a waste if you are unable to pay other fees or if you have to drop out of school after a while for lack of finances. I guess Pharmacy is a 5 yr program in Nigeria if am not mistaking.

I have been thinking about that too. I'm really fed up now about the whole thing. A scholarship will be the best solution for my condition but any scholarship after the 15th of this month means i have lose my admission. That's why i put the acceptance fees as priority for now.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 8:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
@ayodeji. Thank you for that advice. As you said, i too have thought that if i can get the money for first year, then my not surviving through the remaining years must have be my handy work (laziness). I plan that if everything for first year is settle, then by all sensible means, i will work hard in my academic endeavours to get a scholarship. Well, God know the future more than i'm planning.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 8:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
ayodeji752: I'm in college of medicine so i know wot i'm saying. Most students in COMUI are feeding tru their lecturers and urz in pharmacy faculty can't be exceptional. Ui doesnt sell handout but u are gonna photocopy material die.
hmmmmn! I will wait and see what the future have for me. Pray for me brother.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
@wisemania. Thank you for that. Pray for me brother. I too fear the jamb 'doing again' stuff considering what JAMB did this year. I have lost my trust for JAMB totally.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by ifyalways(f): 8:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
ayodeji752: It seems u guys dont really know d process of deferring admission in ui. U must do all d registrations and pay all d fees before u can be talking of deferring admission. My advise for whoever wants to help is to give dat boy any amount he/she can afford. All i know is dat he is gonna graduate if he has d determination. @op, i'll advise u to try and get dat money and pay for d first year,make sure u hav a nice point like 4.5 and above in ur 100Level and be close to ur lecturers. I can boldly tell u dat ur lecturer will be d one dat will cater for u till ur final year but u must let dem know how brilliant u are tru ur cgpa. Ui lecturers hate brilliant students being droped out of d university because of financial problems. I know many students in college of medicine dat u are beta dan financially.
Question is how would he raise the "acceptance,registration" and others? How?
Raising the 20K is not the major problem but after that what next

Please come up with a realistic answer/solution.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
SEYI_KP: I'm also in your shoe, i gained admission into unilorin this year. After 10yrs of serious searching of admission to UI, i can understand your ordeal. I thank God for the good people He has used to surrounded me. I also thank God for helping me to have learn't tailoring doing my stays @ home. That as being my source of income of income, because i now work as a jonnyman(helper) with a tailor here in ilorin. Post your acct-num if there is any. and i pray that God will see u thru, i will advice u to try all means to retain the admission.

Waaoooh! Ten years? I'm happy for you dear!! I have a '<*******>' account. My account name is <***********> and account number is <***********>. Hmmmmn! You are the one that reminded me that i have a bank account. It's when you have money that you save in a bank account.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by ifyalways(f): 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
@OP,4000K a month is very very poor. What!? Do you know anyone in Lagos? Have a place where u can stay in Lagos? I could arrange a better job for you but ONLY in lagos.

Have you tried explaining to your church?
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by ifyalways(f): 9:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
All the best @ OP. smiley
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
@ifyalways My friends too do laugh at me anytime I tell them my salary but what can i do?! My area is such a rural one! I have relatives in Lagos. Most of my mum's brothers and sisters are there.

About deferring the admission you advised earlier, I talked to my mum about it again this evening. I wish you were there to see how she was talking. It's hard when you have a very religious mother! 'God will provide' was her answer to all what i told her. I too believe in God!!
I can't blame her. She had really prayed and fasted for this my admission. I was annoyed some weeks back when i heard she had already been saying in town that i had gained admission even long before UI post the list. She did that just because i passed the post utme. So, when i told her i want to forfeit my admission due to our financial problem, she just won't listen. She said she would rather go and borrow the money than seeing me doing that. Men, that will not be funny at all! I know pretty much of some money she still owe some people and even BANK!!! Her 'chin-chin + puff-puff + subsistence farming' won't solve that. I will still talk to her more on that and the job you said. I pray she comply. Lest i forget, about the church, hmmmn, i will want to leave them out. There's a lot of things attach to that! We currently don't have a pastor/reverend and the rumour i have been hearing about such situation relating to them is kinda not palatable. I don't think my mum will want to do so too but i will talk to her again as i said and see what happen.Thanks!
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by ifyalways(f): 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
Damitism: @ifyalways My friends too do laugh at me anytime I tell them my salary but what can i do?! My area is such a rural one! I have relatives in Lagos. Most of my mum's brothers and sisters are there.

About deferring the admission you advised earlier, I talked to my mum about it again this evening. I wish you were there to see how she was talking. It's hard when you have a very religious mother! 'God will provide' was her answer to all what i told her. I too believe in God!!
I can't blame her. She had really prayed and fasted for this my admission. I was annoyed some weeks back when i heard she had already been saying in town that i had gained admission even long before UI post the list. She did that just because i passed the post utme. So, when i told her i want to forfeit my admission due to our financial problem, she just won't listen. She said she would rather go and borrow the money than seeing me doing that. Men, that will not be funny at all! I know pretty much of some money she still owe some people and even BANK!!! Her 'chin-chin + puff-puff + subsistence farming' won't solve that. I will still talk to her more on that and the job you said. I pray she comply. Thanks!

In all,I want you to take a decision that you are comfortable with,not just what i suggested.
Like i said,getting the 20K is not the hard task but what next after that? How would u get the registration money and others? Are you a member of any church,can you talk to your pastor ? Surely,some churches help.

I'll send you 8K on thursday,regardless of whatever decision you take.

3 Likes

Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 11:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
My "plan A" is to try and get the acceptance fees and get a better job to do throughout december so that i will have some money to pay some and if possible all the remaining fees. This plan will make me accept the admission if i record success.
The "plan B" i have structured is to forget about the admission thing _IF_ i'm unable to get the acceptance fees by the night of 14th november. That will be the saddest decision i have ever taken educationally! Well, i leave everything to God.
As i said that i'm in a rural area, i can boldly tell you that my church too may also not be able to do much. There are a lot of things that make me not to want to involve my church.
I have been with them for a very long time! I know theeeem!! #sad We currently don't have a pastor as i said in my previous post.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 8:53am On Nov 05, 2013
This is my number <***********>
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 10:07am On Nov 05, 2013
Please, help me.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 05, 2013
How much do you think you need for your 100level?
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 05, 2013
Damitism: Please, help me.

You there?
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by ayodeji752: 11:28am On Nov 05, 2013
safex101: How much do you think you need for your 100level?
60k including d acceptance fee and accommodation. It myt slightly increase sha
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 05, 2013
Damitism: Please, help me.

If you can reply me, I might be of help, but need you to answer some few questions. Thanks

1 Like

Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
safex101:

If you can reply me, I might be of help, but need you to answer some few questions. Thanks

Presently, i don't know how much UI will demand. The acceptance fees of last year as one of my friends in UI told me was N10,000. The hostel was N14,000. That's the little i know now. But you will notice that the acceptance fees increased to N20,000 this year. I fear other fees too might increase!! I don't know the tuition fees for pharmacy yet. I think @ayodeji's post above might be it because i have heard from someone b4 that UI tuition is close to that. I will still ask some people. It's just that i'm far away from ibadan. I would have go to the admission office myself. I'm ready to answer any question you want to ask me. Thank you.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
O

5 Likes

Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
safex101:

I find it hard to understand or put together some of the things you have said through this thread, especially the Church/family/work/ part but I am going to do what is laid on my heart to do. I really do hope you saying the truth and what ever I can do to help will be used for the said purpose.

With that said, Please send me your account number here, I will try send you between 60k to 80K as the spirit leads.

Thanks.

whaaaat?! 60k to 80k thousand? Am i dreaming here? Thank you very much! I will be the happiest man in the world if you do that. I will even meet you offline. I have a <***********> bank account. My account name is : <***********>. Account number is : <***********>. Hmmmmn! About my church/family/work, that's just it. I can prove that everything i have post here are true. My facebook account is <***********> You can get me there and view my profile. I will be ready to explain any other thing you inquire from me. God bless you!!
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Dospix(m): 1:47pm On Nov 05, 2013
I feel soo sorry for you bro, i just wish i am in a position to help; but am not. I am currently a student like you, and i understand how critical your situation is. i am currently not buoyant enough to assist you at this time, but, My prayer for you is that God should sends you a helper. It is in situations like this we get to know those who are true Nairalanders...you never can tell what the future holds for us. I am appealing to all those who are in position to help this young man to do so and help save his educational career.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by ifyalways(f): 1:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
Safex,wow. God bless and reward you handsomely. Amen and Amen. smiley

4 Likes

Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
safex, May God bless you abundantly, i can't express my joy, just as if I'm the one you're helping.
op, congrats

1 Like

Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
@dospix. Thank you brother. Your prayer will do a lot! Keep praying for me.
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
ifyalways: Safex,wow. God bless and reward you handsomely. Amen and Amen. smiley
If i receive the alert, i just don't know what will happen! Maybe i will shout so loud or go sooo semi-mad! That will be a very happy moment!
Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
O

14 Likes

Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
Your Acct <***********> Has Been Credited with NGN90,000.00 On 05-NOV-2013 14:08:21 By <***********>. Bal: NGN90,874.93CR

Yeeeeeeeaaah! Yeeeeeeeeeaaah!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaah! I made it oooo! Thank you Jesus! Thank you!!!!

1 Like

Re: I need financial help concerning my education. by Damitism: 2:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
Get me your address ooo. I need to thank you. I can't wait to meet you. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank yooooou!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Lecturers Humiliating Student, Sexually And Financially / JAMB Remits N5billion To FG Coffers – Spokesperson / (graphic Video) Indian Man Survives After Being Cut In Half By A Freight Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.