Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared (3188 Views)

15 Beauty Secrets You Should Know / My Beauty Secrets / What's Your Favourite Skin Beauty Product ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by EyeKandy(f): 7:38pm On Nov 01, 2013
I'm a huge fan of at-home remedies and anything natural or organic. I love trying new over-the-shelf products, but most times, start with stuff in the kitchen. Fruits, honey, toothpaste, etc do the trick. I sometimes ditch make-up so a great looking skin is a priority. *wink*

I'll go first. smiley
For those with large pores, instead of spending money on pore-strips (biore), try the egg-white method. I break one egg open, separate the white from the yolk and apply the egg whites lightly over my face, nose, chin and forehead. Place thin tissue paper over your face. Let it dry for about 15 minutes and peel it off. It is supposed to remove all blackheads. You will see white messy stuff all over the tissue.... ewwww. cool Your face will look better immediately.

To reduce large pores, rub ice cubes on your face. Place the ice cubes gently along your pores for 15 to 30 seconds. This will have a tightening effect on your skin. It's great before applying make-up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk4xdYt3ick

... more to come.
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by EyeKandy(f): 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
For fuller, thicker and stronger eyebrows and eyelashes,

Mix equal amounts of Argan Oil + Castor oil in a small cup (about .5oz) and apply every other night with a q-tip or eyelash comb. I try to curl the lashes first, comb through with an eyebrow comb and massage the roots. (you can add coconut oil, but it irritates my eyes so I don't use it).

Trust me, it works! I get compliments ...... I dislike false lashes ... looks like a cobweb .... ewww grin

1 Like

Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by Chomzy19(f): 10:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
Gr8 tips, kip em coming...

Subscribed

1 Like

Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by EyeKandy(f): 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2013
For smooth lips ~ Try the sugar scrub.

Mix a teeny little bit of honey, vaseline and/or any essential oil and sugar to the back of your hands. Apply to lips and scrub for a few minutes. Rinse. It's great for harmattan or winter months. F.Y.I ~ Vaseline contains petrolatum which 'Au naturels' avoid. Whatever works for you.
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by EyeKandy(f): 2:26am On Nov 18, 2013
For stubborn eczema, try RAW Apple cider vinegar. Its a cheap and effective home remedy for skin problems. Mix vinegar and water (50/50) and splash over your face several times a day.

For more info:
http://battleeczema.com/apple-cider-vinegar-face-toner-for-eczema-and-sensitive-skin/

1 Like

Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 18, 2013
Following
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by Chomzy19(f): 7:22am On Nov 18, 2013
Also for smooth lips, brush ur lips with ur toothbrush while brushing, it exfoliates d lips n leaves it smooth n its easy to carry out... No stress

Others reading the thread who hv some Useful natural remedies/tips should also contribute

1 Like

Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by Mprex(f): 7:24am On Nov 18, 2013
Nyc1. #followin
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by qudrat(f): 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
For facial exfoliation,use raw fresh tomatoes! Slice tomatoes into two and rub on the face. Leave for 30mins

1 Like

Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by Sissie(f): 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
To remove black spots on the body, press the back of orange peel directly on the spot.
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by Sissie(f): 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
body scrub:
sugar 1/4 cup (preferably brown sugar), coffee 1/4 cup,3 teaspoon of milk, one whole lemon, essential oils (2-3 drops), olive/coconut oil 1/2 spoon.
mix the ingredients together, wet the body and scrub all over for 10-30 minutes.
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by Sissie(f): 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
qudrat: For facial exfoliation,use raw fresh tomatoes! Slice tomatoes into two and rub on the face. Leave for 30mins
tomatoes, pineapple, orange, lemon also exfoliate, cleanse and tone the skin.
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by Sissie(f): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
tip/advise: before trying a DIY test it on the inner part of your elbow first, leave on for 30 minutes, this will help you know if your allergic/sensitive to the mix.
for sensitive skin, add water to reduce the concentration of the mix.
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by Chomzy19(f): 7:46am On Nov 20, 2013
Sissie: To remove black spots on the body, press the back of orange peel directly on the spot.
Does the above really work, I hv some spots I hv to kill buh its on my face though
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by Sissie(f): 8:50am On Nov 20, 2013
Chomzy19: Does the above really work, I hv some spots I hv to kill buh its on my face though

Yes it does, but it's not suitable for face, use lemon juice instead, just apply it directly on the spot.
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by ciwi: 10:14am On Nov 20, 2013
To get lemon is kinda difficult. Most times, it's lime that is available
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by Sissie(f): 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
ciwi: To get lemon is kinda difficult. Most times, it's lime that is available

Lime or orange will do, but preferably lemon.
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by mspee(f): 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
Sissie:

Lime or orange will do, but preferably lemon.

Hello sissie. Since getting lemon is difficult, when I manage to lay my hands on some. . . Is it advisable to squeeze out the juice and store it?
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by Sissie(f): 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
ms_pee:

Hello sissie. Since getting lemon is difficult, when I manage to lay my hands on some. . . Is it advisable to squeeze out the juice and store it?

Yes, you can refrigerate the fruit itself or squeeze it and keep it refrigerated.

If you can't get lemon, other fruits like pineapple, Apple, tomatoes, pawpaw also help clear spots, exfoliate, cleans e.t.c
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by Lorenzena(f): 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2013
Apply butter at bedtime to get rosy nd very soft lips naturally.Butter is helpful in lightening ur dark lips.
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by mspee(f): 5:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
Sissie:

Yes, you can refrigerate the fruit itself or squeeze it and keep it refrigerated.

If you can't get lemon, other fruits like pineapple, Apple, tomatoes, pawpaw also help clear spots, exfoliate, cleans e.t.c

Okay. Thanks a lot
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by taif(f): 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
is it any type of buter
Re: Unconventional Skin + Beauty Secrets shared by MMHair: 10:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
Looking for that Luxurious and Affordable hair extension? Add BBPIN: 2B091D36 for the mind-blowing weave! No tangles, fabulous maintenance! 8 - 26'' in stock! Don't miss out!!!
Check out a review on the weave: http://forstylesake..com/2013/11/hair-review-mias-signature-weave.html

(1) (Reply)

Please Help With A Fashion Training School. / Xpression Luna VS Sb Senegal Twist / Weird!: Girls Make Dress With One Hundred (100) Cartons Of CONDOM!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.