Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun (1635 Views)

Many Of The Virtues Of Fasting And Its Reward Are Not Just Limited To Ramadan / Ramadan Countdown: Are You Ready? / Less Than Two Month To Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2008
Rajab is here - it started on 4th of July .

let the fasting begin. May Allah (SWT) make it easy for us.

Mukina - hope you're ready this time  cheesy

red alert - expect the latest iteration of osisi - queenisha - anytime soon. . .
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by mukina2: 7:45pm On Jul 10, 2008
Ameen na a'la
haba Oyb grin
i am ready na grin

oyb:

red alert - expect the latest iteration of osisi - queenisha - anytime soon. . .

she wont come  here smiley
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by shuppie(f): 10:14pm On Jul 10, 2008
i am ready as well,
been waiting for so long,
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by Mustay(m): 9:20am On Jul 11, 2008
Please do not forget to post on the The Moon Has Been Sighted Today thread when it has been sighted
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by javalove(m): 10:50am On Jul 11, 2008
can u guys brief me on the fasting for this month. i want to fast too
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by babs787(m): 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2008
@Javalove

can u guys brief me on the fasting for this month. i want to fast too

'Allahumma baa-rik-lanaa fee-rajaba wa sha'baana wa bal-lig-naa shah-ra ramadhaana.'

'O Allah, make the months of Rajab and Shabaan blessed for us, and let us reach the month of Ramadhan.'

Reference to Fasting in Rajab -If someone has fasted for three days during the sacred months, on a Thursday, a Friday and a Saturday, Allah will credit him with the worshipful service [ibadah] of 900 years!

Fasting in Rajab ones drinks from a River of Paradise called Rajab Only for those who observed fasting in Rajab also a palace for Only those whose frequntly fasted in Rajab.

Grave punishment will be stopped if one fasts only day of Rajab

In order to enter Ramadhaan in the best possible manner, one has to prepare himself in the months of Rajab and Shabaan. It has been said that Rajab is the month to sow seeds (good actions), Shabaan is the month in which we should water those seeds (with tears of sorrow) and Ramadhaan is the month in which we reap the harvest.

, " It is most important, however, that none of you should neglect the First Friday in Rajab, for it is the night that the angels call the Night of [the Granting of] Wishes [Lailat ar-Ragha'ib]. This is because, by the time the first third of the night has elapsed, there will not be a single angel still at large in the heavens, nor in any region of the earth bar one. They will all be gathered together in the Ka'ba and the area immediately surrounding it. Allah (Exalted is He) will condescend to notice that they have assembled there, and He will say: "My angels, ask Me for whatever you wish!" Their response to this will be: "Our Lord, the request we wish to make is that You grant forgiveness to those who faithfully keep the fast in Rajab," whereupon Allah (Exalted is He) will tell them: "That I have already done!"

Then Allah's Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace) said:

" No one will go unrewarded if he fasts during the daytime on Thursday, the first Thursday in Rajab.

The month of Rajab is a glorious month indeed. If someone has fasted for one day in Rajab, Allah (Exalted is He) will record it in his credit column as the fast of a thousand years.

If someone has fasted for two days in Rajab, Allah (Exalted is He) will record it in his credit column as the fast of two thousand years.

If someone has fasted for three days in Rajab, Allah (Exalted is He) will record it in his credit column as the fast of three thousand years.

If someone has fasted for seven days in Rajab, all the seven gates of Hell [Jahannam] wil be locked to make sure that he stays out of it.

If someone has fasted for eight days in Rajab, al the eight gates of the Garden of Paradise will be held open for him, so that he may enter by whichever gate he chooses.

If someone has fasted for fifteen days in Rajab, all his bad deeds will be replaced by good deeds, and a crier will call out from heaven above: "Allah has now forgiven you, so use the opportunity to set about good work anew!"

Traditional Reports Concerning the Sacred Month of Rajab

According to a report transmitted by 'Ikrima, on the authority of Ibn 'Abbas (may Allah be well pleased with him and with his father), the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) once said:

Rajab is Allah's month, Sha'ban is my month and Ramadan is the month of my Community.

Allah's Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace) is also reported as having said:

In the Garden of Paradise there is a river called Rajab, whiter than milk and sweeter than honey. If someone has fasted for one day during the month of Rajab, Allah will let him quench his thirst by drinking from that river.

Anab ibn Malik (may Allah be well pleased with him) is reported as having said: "In the Garden of Paradise there is a palace that no one may enter, with the exception of someone who makes a frequent practice of fasting during the month of Rajab."

According to another traditional report, also transmitted on the authority of Anas [ibn Malik] (may Allah be well pleased with him), Allah's Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace) once said:

If someone has fasted for three days during the sacred months, on a Thursday, a Friday and a Saturday, Allah will credit him with the worshipful service [ibada] of nine hundred years!

The Merit of Fasting During the 27th Day of Rajab

The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) once said:

If someone keeps the fast on the 27th day of Rajab, he will be credited with the same reward as that which is earned by fasting for sixty months.

It was on the 27th day of Rajab, we are told, that Gabriel first came down to invest the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) with his Messengership [Risala].
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by tearface(f): 10:22pm On Jul 11, 2008
@javalove
Can you pls furnish me with the source of your hadiths, because I've been doing alot of research on this recently and this are some of the things I found:
Imam al-Nawawi said:
"Neither prohibition nor praiseworthiness has been established for the month of Rajab in itself, HOWEVER,
(1) the principle concerning fasting is that it is praiseworthy in itself, and
(2) in the Sunan of Abu Dawud the Prophet has made the fasting of the sacred months praiseworthy, and Rajab is one of them"
`Uthman ibn Hakim al-Ansari said: "I asked Sa`eed ibn Jubayr about fasting in Rajab, and we were then passing through the month of Rajab, whereupon he said: "I heard Ibn `Abbas saying: "The Messenger of Allah used to observe fast so continuously that we thought he would not break it, and did not observe it so continuously that we thought he would not observe fast." Muslim and Abu Dawud relate it in Kitab al-sawm, respectively in the chapter on fasting at times other than Ramadan, and in the chapter of fasting during Rajab.

Imam Nawawi says: "It would appear that the meaning inferred by Sa`eed ibn Jubayr from Ibn `Abbas's report is that fasting in Rajab is is neither forbidden nor considered praiseworthy in itself, rather, the ruling concerning it is the same as the rest of the months. Neither prohibition not praiseworthiness has been established for the month of Rajab in itself, however, the principle concerning fasting is that it is praiseworthy in itself, and in the Sunan of Abu Dawud(*) the Prophet has made the fasting of the sacred months praiseworthy, and Rajab is one of them. And Allah knows best." Sharh Sahih Muslim Kitab 13 Bab 34 #179.
Fasting in the month of Rajab
Is there any special virtue in fasting during the month of Rajab?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The month of Rajab is one of the sacred months of which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, the number of months with Allaah is twelve months (in a year), so was it ordained by Allaah on the Day when He created the heavens and the earth; of them four are Sacred (i.e. the 1st, the 7th, the 11th and the 12th months of the Islamic calendar). That is the right religion, so wrong not yourselves therein”

[al-Tawbah 9:36]

The sacred months are: Rajab, Dhu’l-Qa’dah, Dhu’l-Hijjah and Muharram.

Al-Bukhaari (4662) and Muslim (1679) narrated from Abu Bakrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The year is twelve months, of which four are sacred: three consecutive months, Dhu’l-Qa’dah, Dhu’l-Hijjah and Muharram, and Rajab Mudar which comes between Jumaada and Sha’baan.

These months are called sacred for two reasons:

1- Because fighting therein is forbidden unless initiated by the enemy

2- Because transgression of the sacred limits therein is worse than at other times.

Hence Allaah has forbidden us to commit sins during these months, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“wrong not yourselves therein”

[al-Tawbah 9:36]

Although committing sins is haraam and forbidden during these months and at other times, in these months it is more forbidden.

Al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said (p. 373):

In the phrase “wrong not yourselves therein”, the pronoun may be understood as referring to twelve months. Allaah states that He has made them a measure of time for His slaves, which they may use for worshipping Him, and thank Allaah for His blessings, and they serve the interests of His slaves, so beware of wronging yourselves therein.

The pronoun may also be understood as referring to the four sacred months, and this forbids them to wrong themselves in those months in particular, as well as it being forbidden to do wrong at all times, because it is more forbidden at this time, but it is worse at this time than at others. End quote.

Secondly:

With regard to fasting the month of Rajab, there is no saheeh hadeeth to indicate that there is any special virtue in fasting all or part of this month.

What some people do, singling out some days of Rajab for fasting, believing that they are better than others, has no basis in sharee’ah.

But there is a report from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which indicates that it is mustahabb to fast during the sacred months (and Rajab is one of the sacred months). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fast some days of the sacred months and not others.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2428; classed as da’eef by al-Albaani in Da’eef Abi Dawood.

Even if this hadeeth were saheeh, it indicates that it is mustahabb to fast during the sacred months. So if a person fasts during Rajab because of this, and he also fasts in the other sacred months, there is nothing wrong with that. But singling out Rajab for fasting is not right.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (25/290):

As for fasting in Rajab in particular, the ahaadeeth concerning that are all da’eef (weak), and in fact mawdoo’ (fabricated). The scholars do not rely on any of them. They are not among the da’eef ahaadeeth which have been narrated concerning virtues, rather most of them are fabricated and false. In al-Musnad and elsewhere there is a hadeeth which says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoined fasting the sacred months, namely Rajab, Dhu’l-Qa’dah, Dhu’l-Hijjah and Muharram, but this has to do with fasting during all of them, not just Rajab. End quote.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Every hadeeth which mentions fasting in Rajab and praying during some of its nights is false and fabricated.” End quote from al-Manaar al-Muneef, p. 96

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said in Tabyeen al-‘Ajab (p. 11)

There is no saheeh hadeeth that would count as evidence which speaks of the virtue of the month of Rajab, or that speaks of fasting this month or part of it, or of spending any particular night of it in prayer.

Shaykh Sayyid Saabiq (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Fiqh al-Sunnah (1/282):

Fasting in Rajab is no better than fasting in any other month, except that it is one of the sacred months. There is no report in the saheeh Sunnah to suggest that there is anything special about fasting in this month. Whatever has been narrated concerning that is not fit to be quoted as evidence. End quote.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about fasting on the twenty-seventh of Rajab and spending that night in prayer. He replied:

Fasting on the twenty-seventh of Rajab and spending that night in prayer is a bid’ah (innovation), and every bid’ah is a going astray. End quote.

You can also follow these links:
http://www.sunnah.org/nl/v0102/rajab.html
http://www.ahya.org/amm/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=157
Allah Knows best and may He continue to guide us.
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by DisGuy: 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2008
ramadan already wow i thought it would be like towards the ending of the year

na wa o, i wan try gain weight this summer time sha smiley

someone told me there was fasting for old people, is that true?
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by olabowale(m): 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2008
I Copied this article, directly, from The nigerian Sun Newspaper. May Allah gives us the good knowledge it contains. Amin

Re: Fasts the Prophet recommended
With Abdulfatah Oladeinde 08058105396
Friday, July 11, 2008

More Showtime Stories

In the article with the above title published in the last edition, Tuesday and Thursday were erroneously listed as days recommended as mustahabb (meritorious) for fasting by the Prophet (peace be upon Him) as against every Monday and Thursday. The error is regretted.
Many readers also wanted to know what the Prophet said about fasting in the month of Rajab. The position on this is presented below:

Imam al-Nawawi said: "Neither prohibition nor praiseworthiness has been established for the month of Rajab in itself, However, (1) the principle concerning fasting is that it is praiseworthy in itself, and (2) in the Sunan of Abu Dawud the Prophet has made the fasting of the sacred months praiseworthy, and Rajab is one of them."

1. `Uthman ibn Hakim al-Ansari said: "I asked Sa`eed ibn Jubayr about fasting in Rajab, and we were then passing through the month of Rajab, whereupon he said: "I heard Ibn `Abbas saying: "The Messenger of Allah used to observe fast so continuously that we thought he would not break it, and did not observe it so continuously that we thought he would not observe fast." Muslim and Abu Dawud relate it in Kitab al-sawm, respectively in the chapter on fasting at times other than Ramadan, and in the chapter of fasting during Rajab.

Imam Nawawi said: "It would appear that the meaning inferred by Sa`eed ibn Jubayr from Ibn `Abbas's report is that fasting in Rajab is neither forbidden nor considered praiseworthy in itself, rather, the ruling concerning it is the same as the rest of the months. Neither prohibition not praiseworthiness has been established for the month of Rajab in itself, however, the principle concerning fasting is that it is praiseworthy in itself, and in the Sunan of Abu Dawud(Kitab al-siyam, Chapter: "Fasting During the Sacred Months"wink the Prophet has made the fasting of the sacred months praiseworthy, and Rajab is one of them. And Allah knows best." Sharh Sahih Muslim Kitab 13 Bab 34 #179.
Also in Ibn Majah and Ahmad, hadith of the man who repeats: "I can bear more," and to whom the Prophet finally says: "Fast during the sacred months."

It is established that Ibn `Umar fasted during the sacred months: Musannaf `Abd al-Razzaq 4:293, Musannaf Ibn Abi Shayba 1:125.
2. Abdullah, the freed slave of Asma' the daughter of Abu Bakr, the maternal uncle of the son of `Ata', reported: "Asma' sent me to Abdullah ibn `Umar saying: "The news has reached me that you prohibit the use of three things: the striped robe, saddle cloth made of red silk, and fasting the whole month of Rajab." Abdullah said to me: "So far as what you say about fasting in the month of Rajab, how about one who observes continuous fasting? And so far as what you say about the striped garment, I heard `Umar ibn al-Khattab say that he had heard from Allah's Messenger : "He who wears a silk garment, has no share for him (in the Hereafter)." And I am afraid that stripes were part of it. And so far as the red saddle cloth is concerned, here is Abdullah's saddle cloth [his] and it is red.

I went back to Asma' and informed her, so she said: "Here is the cloak (jubba) of Allah's Messenger," and she brought out to me that cloak made of Persian cloth with a hem of (silk) brocade, and its sleeves bordered with (silk) brocade, and said: "This was Allah's Messenger's cloak with `A'isha until she died, then I got possession of it. The Apostle of Allah used to wear that, and we washed it for the sick so that they could seek cure thereby."" Muslim relates in the first chapter of Kitab al-libas. (Nawawi adds: "In this hadith is a proof that it is recommended to seek blessings through the relics of the righteous and their clothes (wa fi hadha al-hadith dalil `ala istihbab al-tabarruk bi aathaar al-salihin wa thiyabihim)." Sharh sahih Muslim Kitab 37 Bab 2 #10)

Nawawi says: "Umar's reply concerning fasting in Rajab is a denial on his part of what Asma' had heard with regard to his forbidding it, and it is an affirmation that he fasted Rajab in its entirety as well as fasting permanently, i.e. except the days of `Id and tashreeq. This is his madhhab and the madhhab of his father `Umar ibn al-Khattab, `A'isha, Abu Talha, and others of the Salaf as well as Shafi`i and other scholars. Their position is that perpetual fasting is not disliked (makruh)."
[Another opinion is reported from Ibn `Umar through a hadith from Ahmad reported in "al-Mughni" 3:167 whereby he disliked that people fast the whole of Rajab but said: "Fast some of it and break fast in some of it."]

3. Bayhaqi relates in Shu`ab al-iman (#3802): Abu Abdallah al-Hafiz and Abu Muhammad ibn Abi Hamid al-Muqri said: from Abu al-`Abbas al-Asamm, from Ibrahim ibn Sulayman al-Barlisi, from Abdallah ibn Yusuf, from `Amer ibn Shibl, who said: "I heard Abu Qilaba say: "There is a palace in Paradise for those who fast the month of Rajab."
Bayhaqi adds: "Even if it is mawquf at Abu Qilaba (i.e. not traced back to the Prophet) who is one of the Successors, such as he does not say such a saying except if it were related to him by someone who had heard it from him to whom revelation comes (i.e. the Prophet ), and success is from Allah.""
Blessings and Peace on the Prophet, his Family, and his Companions
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by olabowale(m): 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2008
Fasts the Prophet recommended
With Abdulfatah Oladeinde 08058105396
Friday, July 4, 2008

•New Sarkin Hausawa of Lagos State, Alhaji Aminu Idris Yaro (left) with his Sarkin Fulani counterpart, Alhaji Muhammadu Bambadu during an Islamic outing in Lagos recently.
Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Showtime Stories

There are various fasts that Prophet Muhammed (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) kept besides the fast of Ramadan. The companions of the Prophet (May Allah be pleased with them) mention that, at times, the Messenger of Allah would fast so much that ‘we thought he would not stop and at times He did vice versa.’ (Sahih Bukhari Hadith1141, 1972) The Fuqaha (jurists) have classified the fasts into two types; a) Sunnah (recommended) and b) Mustahabb (preferable).

The fast of the 9th and 10th or 10th and 11th of Muharram has been classified as a Sunnah fast. (Durrul Mukhtar vol.2 pg.374; Maraaqiul Falaah pg.350) By fasting on the 10th, one year’s minor sins are forgiven. (Sahih Bukhari Hadith2000-2007; Sahih Muslim Hadith2838)

The following are those classified as Mustahabb (meritorious):
1. Every Tuesday and Thursday. (Maraaqiul Falaah pg.350; Aalamgiri vol.1 pg.201). Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) chose to fast these days because the deeds of the Ummah are presented to Allah Ta’ala on these 2 days. (Sahih Muslim; Sunan al-Tirmidhi Hadith745, 747; Sahih ibn Khuzaymah Hadith2116-2120)

2. 13th, 14th and 15th of every month which are known as Ayyaamul beedh. (Maraaqiul Falaah pg.350; Darrul Mukhtaar vol.2 pg.375; Aalamgiri vol.1 pg.201). One who observes these fasts every month will be rewarded as if he fasted his entire lifetime. (Musnad Ahmad vol.5 pg.140, 252; Sunan al-Tirmidhi Hadith762; Sahih ibn Khuzaymah Hadith2128). However, the 13th of the month of Dhul-Hijjah is excluded. (Imdaadul Fataawa)

3. Any three days of each month. (Shaami vol.2 pg.375; Tahtaawi alaa Maraaqil falah pg.350; Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith1981; Sahih Muslim Hadith2736, 2739; Sunan Abu Dawud; Sunan al-Tirmidhi Hadith742; Sahih ibn Khuzaymah Hadith2126). The reward of this fast is same as the previous, and in fact this one could be incorporated in the Ayyaamul beedh. (Shaami; Sahih ibn Khuzaymah vol.3 pg.303)

4. The 9th of Dhul-Hijjah which is the day of Arafaat. However, the Haaji (pilgrim) who is in Arafaat is excluded, because he may be weakened through the fast. If this is not the case, then the Haaji may also keep this fast. (Durrul Mukhtaar vol.2 pg.375). Some Ulama have classified this as a Sunnah fast just like the 10th of Muharram. (Shaami vol.2 pg.375). By fasting on this day, two years minor sins will be forgiven. (Sahih al-Bukhari Hadith1988; Sahih Muslim Hadith2738-2739; Musnad Ahmad; Sunan Abu Dawud; Sahih ibn Khuzaymah Hadith2099, 2101)

5. Any 6 days of Shawwal (month after Ramadan). (Maraaqiul falaah pg.350; Aalamgiri vol.1 pg.201). The one who observes these fasts together with the fast of Ramadhaan, will receive the reward of fasting for the entire year. (Sahih Muslim Hadith2750; Musnad Ahmad; Sunan al-Tirmidhi Hadith759; Sunan Abu Dawud; Sahih ibn Hibbaan Hadith3634; Sahih ibn Khuzaymah Hadith2114)

6. On Fridays. (Shaami vol.2 pg.375; Maraaqiul falaah pg.350; Aalamgiri vol.1 pg.201). However, it is better to fast a day before it or after it as well. (Ibid; Shamaail al-Tirmidhi pg.288; Sahih ibn Khuzaymah Hadith1229; Sahih Muslim Hadith2678; al-Targheeb vol.2 pg.126)

7. Saturday and Sunday (together). (Shaami vol.2 pg.375-376 refer Musnad Ahmad vol.6 pg.323; Mustadrak al-Haakim; Sahih ibn Khuzaymah vol.3 pg.318 Hadith2167; Sahih ibn Hibbaan Hadith3616)

8. As much as possible in the first half of the month of Sha’baan with no specification on condition that one is confident that this will not weaken him for the fast of Ramadan. (Aalamgiri vol.1 pg.201 refer Sahih Bukhari Hadith1969; Sahih Muslim Hadith175, 176, 1156; Musnad Ahmad vol.6 pg.165; Sahih ibn Khuzaymah vol.3 pg.282-283; Sahih ibn Hibbaan Hadith3591)

9. Any or all of the first nine days of Dhul-Hijjah. (Aalamgiri vol.1 pg.201). The fast of each of these days is equal to the fast of one year. (Shu’ubul Imaan Hadith3758; Majma-uz-zawaaid vol.4 pg.20; Sunan al-Tirmidhi Hadith758)

10. As much as possible, in the month of Muharram. The best fast after Ramadan is the fast of Muharram (Sahih Muslim Hadith2748) and for each fast one will receive the reward of fasting for 30 days. (Tabrani; al-Targheeb vol.2 pg.114)

These are most of the fasts that the Messenger of Allah either observed himself or encouraged others to observe. Besides these, the Fuqahaa have stated that it is virtuous for one to fast as much as possible (if he has the strength to do so), for the fact that fasting is an act of worship in itself, hence, the more one does, the better.

Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) is reported to have said that the most beloved fasts to Allah is the fast of Daawood (alayhis salaam), he would fast every alternate day. (Sahih Bukhari Hadith1131; Sahih Muslim Hadith2731-2732). One should also bear in mind that it is forbidden to fast on the days of both Eids as well as the 11th, 12th, and 13th of Dhul-Hijjah. (Sahih Bukhari Hadith1990; Sahih Muslim Hadith2666-2672; Sahih ibn Khuzaymah Hadith2100; Shaami vol.2 pg.375)
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by ayinba1(f): 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2008
Salam alaykum,

Thank you for this thread , pls remind us as we draw closer to Ramadan.
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by Mustay(m): 6:31am On Aug 17, 2008
Today is 16th of Sha'ban cool
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by mukina2: 11:13pm On Aug 24, 2008
ramadan is knocking smiley
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by shuppie(f): 11:30pm On Aug 24, 2008
yes o. and really looking forward to it. i pray to Almighty Allah that it meets us all in peace and good health. ameen. smiley
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by Mustay(m): 5:03pm On Aug 25, 2008
Shaban 24th. . .`
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by mukina2: 11:44pm On Aug 25, 2008
Ameen Shuppie . will you fast the three days after eid? grin
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by shuppie(f): 10:31pm On Aug 28, 2008
Insha ALLAH i hope to. i did last ramadan. smiley
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by zayhal(f): 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2008
As-salam alaykum warahmatullah wabarakatuh. Barka Jum'ah.
Today is Sha'ban 28th.
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by babs787(m): 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2008
Salam all

Please Muslims should avoid time fixing because I already heard some people saying that some mosques/leaders would start theirs on a particular day meaning that they would not be concerned if its really starting before or after the time given by their respective leaders but would do what their leaders told them.
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by babs787(m): 8:42pm On Aug 29, 2008
Practical Tips in Preparation for Ramadan

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Brothers and Sisters in Islam, may you have a happy and blessed Ramadan! Ramadan is a month of discipline, self-control, patience, and good behavior. In Ramadan, Muslims are expected to gain the fruits of fasting, namely, piety and consciousness of Allah. In this context, Allah Most High says in the Glorious Qur'an, (O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you, even as it was prescribed for those before you, that ye may ward off evil).)
(Al-Baqarah 2: 183)

Ramadan is the most blessed month in the Islamic calendar. It is primarily a spiritual training course intended to help us cultivate essential virtues and skills in order to lead a meaningful life. Most often we live at a very superficial level of our existence, forgetting our true essence and identity as human beings. In other words, we become totally preoccupied with the physical and material dimensions, forgetting the spiritual core of our personalities. Ramadan, therefore, comes to remind us of who we truly are and how we can discipline ourselves in such a way that we are fully awake to our full spiritual potential.

In order to benefit from the blessed month of Ramadan and its spiritual regimen, I suggest that we focus on the following:

1. Welcome Ramadan with great fervor and spirit and expect to come out of it fully transformed in body, mind, and soul.

2. Perform all of the acts of worship while being fully awake to their inner dimensions and meanings. Most often we allow ourselves to go through these rituals as mere mechanical chores with the result that we gain virtually no benefit from them either spiritually or morally.

3. Let your fasting be a fasting of body, mind, and soul. As Imam Ghazali said, the vast majority of people fast only for namesake. For while staying away from food, drink, and sexual gratifications, their minds, eyes, ears, tongue, and other faculties feast on haram (unlawful matters). Therefore, in order to gain any true benefit from our fasts, we need to impose a total self-restraint upon all our faculties and stay away from all sinful and idle thoughts, words, and actions, and nurture the thought and remembrance of Allah.

4. Ramadan is not merely a month of fasting. It is rather a season to cultivate all sorts of virtues and good habits. It is the perfect opportunity to break free of all negative habits that have been holding us back from achieving the true happiness and perfection that is ours as a birthright. So seize the opportunity and focus on achieving real goals to make it a true life-changing and life-enhancing experience.

5. Ramadan is the month of empathy and generosity. In fact, one of the main purposes of fasting is to instill in us empathy for the poor and the less deprived. By exposing us to compulsory hunger, we are given a practical lesson in hunger and thirst and thus we become better motivated to empathize with the poor. Hence we are ordered to practice the optimum level of charity in the month of Ramadan.

6. Ramadan is the time to familiarize ourselves with the Qur’an, the true source of guidance, illumination, healing, and mercy—Allah’s perfect gift to humanity. We can only do justice to the Book when we go beyond merely chanting and memorizing it to reflecting and meditating upon the Revealed Word and respond to it in true spirit by acting upon its teachings.

7. One of the main purposes of all of the acts of worship in Islam is to cultivate in us a true sense of community and spirit of fellow humanity. Therefore, it is imperative that our compassionate words and acts be extended not only towards ourselves but also towards all of Allah’s creation.

Let us pray that we come out of Ramadan with our faith recharged, gaining strength in our faith and commitment and relationship with Allah.

Maa Salam
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by mukina2: 10:52pm On Aug 29, 2008
Shuppie
masha Allah smiley

Ramadan is next week . its almost here shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by Mustay(m): 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2008
Shaban 29

watch out tonight
Re: The Countdown To Ramadan Has Begun by mukina2: 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2008
Its Raining heavily, here i wonder how anyone will be able to see the moon undecided

We may start ours Tommorow Insha Allah smiley

(1) (Reply)

Importance Of Reciting Suratul Al Khaf On Fridays / Arab Muslims Created Slavery? / Islamism Is A Blood-thirsty Religion! Prove Me Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.