Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,512 members, 7,808,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan (9655 Views)

Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan / Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan / You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan has said he would no longer be bothered about negative comments and criticisms of his administration.

Instead, he said he has his eyes on history and would prefer posterity to judge him.

President Jonathan said this at the funeral church service held for his wife’s adopted mother, Madam Charity Oba, in Okrika town, Rivers state today.

He said the celebration of the death of his in-law is enough pointer to politicians and political office holders to leave lasting legacies that would sign post their performance while holding public office.

President Jonathan said he would have delivered enough goods for Nigerians to remember him after leaving office as President,

“To me as a political leader and most of my friends here who are politicians, politics or holding political offices is almost like death. While you are there, you are on the stage. The day you leave, what would people remember you for? That has always being my guiding principle.

“No matter the comments; whether the comments are to the left or the comments are to the right or at the centre, what challenges me every day is that the day I step out of the State House, what would the present and future generations of Nigerians remember me for. I believe that is what will guide most of us who are holding political offices. So, for today, I have to thank you. Sisi has done well and we are remembering her. My family is the family that will surely remember her”, he said.

The security presence in Okrika was overwhelming as gunboats were deployed in all Okrika waterways, while airforce helicopters hovered in the skies several times.

Governor of Bayelsa State, Seriake Dickson, Governor Rotimi Amaechi, at the service

Governor of Bayelsa State, Seriake Dickson, Governor Rotimi Amaechi, at the service

Host Governor, Chibuike Amaechi participated in all the funeral rites and sat closely with the Bayelsa state Governor, Seriake Dickson.

Vice President Namadi Sambo, and his wife,the Senate President, David Mark and his wife were also present.

Other Governors present at the ceremony are: Adams Oshiomhole of Edo, Peter Obi of Anambra, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa-Ibom, Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta, Theodore Orji of Abia, Sullivan Chime of Enugu and Liyel Imoke of Cross Rivers states and Nolly wood stars and top Nigerian musicians.

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/11/01/criticisms-of-my-style-no-longer-bother-me-says-jonathan/

5 Likes

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 02, 2013

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 02, 2013
NICE MOVE JONATHAN

7 Likes

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 02, 2013
I really like dis Amechi , u can never understand him, wia r d followers of shepopotamus dats wike and co ?
Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 02, 2013
Wike has finally being used and dumped. He ought to be sitting next to Patience Jonathan. Wetin come happen? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:29am On Nov 02, 2013
Is PEJ pregnant with triplet or what's in her stomach?

8 Likes

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by taharqa2: 1:38am On Nov 02, 2013

He said the celebration of the death of his in-law
is enough pointer to politicians and political office
holders to leave lasting legacies that would sign
post their performance while holding public office.
President Jonathan said he would have delivered
enough goods for Nigerians to remember him
after leaving office as President,
“To me as a political leader and most of my
friends here who are politicians, politics or holding
political offices is almost like death. While you are
there, you are on the stage. The day you leave,
what would people remember you for? That has
always being my guiding principle.
“No matter the comments; whether the
comments are to the left or the comments are to
the right or at the centre, what challenges me
every day is that the day I step out of the State
House, what would the present and future
generations of Nigerians remember me for. I
believe that is what will guide most of us who are
holding political offices. So, for today, I have to
thank you. Sisi has done well and we are
remembering her. My family is the family that will
surely remember her”, he said.

flawless thinking...

9 Likes

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by ochilikoko(m): 3:49am On Nov 02, 2013
profjustine458: I really like dis Amechi , u can never understand him, wia r d followers of shepopotamus dats wike and co ?
Amaechi is more like a prodigal son.He will still come back to His fathher,and d father will not cast him away.

5 Likes

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by otokx(m): 3:59am On Nov 02, 2013
We shall get there.
Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by greatgod2012(f): 4:48am On Nov 02, 2013
payless: Is PEJ pregnant with triplet or what's in her stomach?

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by koruji(m): 4:58am On Nov 02, 2013
Who cares about your style?

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by BabaEleko(m): 5:23am On Nov 02, 2013
I guess that's why the "Office of the First Lady" can hold an entire airport runway hostage for hours because one old woman wey don old enough to die suddenly die in a car accident on the same road where many Nigerians still lost their lives daily as a result of her dullard husband's failure to tackle infrastructural problem in the country, and that's simple because they both "DON'T GIVE A DAMN". This fresh air is too fresh.

21 Likes

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by Akpaife(m): 5:40am On Nov 02, 2013
Good talk GEJ

GEJ till 2019

haters jump inside river

5 Likes

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by Akpaife(m): 5:41am On Nov 02, 2013
na mumu dey worry u
Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by Tolexander: 5:53am On Nov 02, 2013
taharqa2:

flawless thinking...
what else do you want him to say?

Noone is interested in any thought but the execution of the thought of course any tom, d1ck and harry can make such thinking....

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 02, 2013

Na National Cake deh inside

4 Likes

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 02, 2013
Low life toads like you would always crave to be noticed. Oya put on your dirty babariga and head straight to your hut Akpamu

13 Likes

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by henrysam(m): 6:22am On Nov 02, 2013
Baba_Eleko: I guess that's why the "Office of the First Lady" can hold an entire airport runway hostage for hours because one old woman wey don old enough to die suddenly die in a car accident on the same road where many Nigerians still lost their lives daily as a result of her dullard husband's failure to tackle infrastructural problem in the country, and that's simple because they both "DON'T GIVE A DAMN". This fresh air is too fresh.
You are damn full of hatred for the first lady but let me tell you critics are not always celebrated.
I quite believe your wife will surely do more than this if you have the grace to be the first Man but I doubt this with the way you cast aspersion on the first lady.
Its God that put them there they will surely report to Him one day. So leave poo for the carrier.

11 Likes

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by abdulg: 6:27am On Nov 02, 2013
h
Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 02, 2013
LOL! She added so much weight o! She better watch it though. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by norigams(m): 6:54am On Nov 02, 2013
Is good that GEJ knw dat Nigerian's are critisizing his administration, while criticism is good 2 help u do good. Fight coruption no be 2 de talk wt ur nose as usual

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by jamace(m): 7:01am On Nov 02, 2013
Good one GEJ.

To be a man, you must define your own style. Trying to impress or adjust unnecessarily to others thinking will not only confuse you but derail you.

3 Likes

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by holyvirgin: 7:03am On Nov 02, 2013
Yeah just the right words to say Mr president. Intelligent statement, precise and straight to the point and some people are already having sleepless night. grin

1 Like

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by omenka(m): 7:09am On Nov 02, 2013

Are you a learner With a culinary bill of 1Billion yearly, what do you expect, six packs

16 Likes

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by omenka(m): 7:12am On Nov 02, 2013
chidindufrank: Low life toads like you would always crave to be noticed. Oya put on your dirty babariga and head straight to your hut Akpamu

Oga chidindumbfuck, he has a right to his opinion. State yours and move along or step aside.

10 Likes

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by Tuntheycr7: 7:16am On Nov 02, 2013
grin grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 02, 2013
omenka:

Are you a learner With a culinary bill of 1Billion yearly, what do you expect, six packs
Six packs indeed! I dey laff o! grin grin grin
Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by shidof(m): 7:17am On Nov 02, 2013
Assuming dt GEJ cn reason well, by being d most criticised president in d country. No prophet need to tel him dt he has lost d support of d masses. Come 2015, he will be out of power wether he lyk it or nt nd 200 lyks on NL cannot save him cos i knw dt most of u ve nt even mature to vote.

7 Likes

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by omenka(m): 7:19am On Nov 02, 2013
The president already told us "people can insult me FROM HEAD TO TOE I am not bothered" in his second to last presidential media chat.
Just like a roadside orange seller (no offence to orange sellers). He's such an irritant.

Nothing new here. Give that man just 10mins to have a spontaneous conversation without first having rehearsals and he'd release an album of incoherent gaffes. Wish I could meet one of his students to explain to me how he fared in front of the class.

9 Likes

Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 02, 2013
omenka: The president already told us "people can insult me FROM HEAD TO TOE I am not bothered" in his second to last presidential media chat.
Just like a roadside orange seller (no offence to orange sellers). He's such an irritant.

Nothing new here. Give that man just 10mins to have a spontaneous conversation without first having rehearsals and he'd release an album of incoherent gaffes. Wish I could meet one of his students to explain to me how he fared in front of the class.
grin grin grin
Re: Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan by omenka(m): 7:23am On Nov 02, 2013
Just look at that woman's stomach!! Can't believe a nigga still rides all that blubber!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Count Me Out Of Alleged Impeachment Plot Against Fayose –ekiti Lawmaker / ANN Presidential Aspirant, Olawepo Hashim Picks Up Nomination Forms / Nigerian Govt Approves N52bn For Monitoring Of Borders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.