Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? (2523 Views)

Bukola Saraki Welcomed Warmly As He Lands At Kwara State Airport. Photos / Check Out Photos Of Ex Abia Governor, Orji Uzor Kalu Living In Opulence! / Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by investnow2013: 12:27am On Nov 02, 2013
I just Recieve information concerning Abia-State Governor- Mr Orji sudden vision for an Airport for This great State! What do you think about it? Can he deliver this before Onitsha International Airport? This Man will end up to be a Stone rejected by some people,but will Turn out to be The Corner Stone! Orji Ride on!!!
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by Ikengawo: 12:29am On Nov 02, 2013
absolutely not. He's too stupid and incapable.
Most every village in the east have an airport? how far away is Abia from PH? a few minutes? what would you then add an airport when PH airport isn't exactly bustling.

1 Like

Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by investnow2013: 12:34am On Nov 02, 2013
Ikengawo: absolutely not. He's too stupid and incapable.
Most every village in the east have an airport? how far away is Abia from PH? a few minutes? what would you then add an airport when PH airport isn't exactly bustling.
How about Abia-State sharing The Goverment House with Rivers State because they are close to each other! Nke Anyi bu nke Anyi! Nke Abia bu nke Abia!!! Ka Anyi tete na ura ji Anyi!

1 Like

Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by Afam4eva(m): 12:39am On Nov 02, 2013
The 1diot should leave airport and fixed the roads. His brain level is not enough for him to pull off a motor park let alone an airport.

1 Like

Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by Afam4eva(m): 12:40am On Nov 02, 2013
invest-now2013:
How about Abia-State sharing The Goverment House with Rivers State because they are close to each other! Nke Anyi bu nke Anyi! Nke Abia bu nke Abia!!! Ka Anyi tete na ura ji Anyi!
You should be clamoring for good roads and not airports. Start from A before getting to Z.
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by IGBOSON1: 12:53am On Nov 02, 2013
invest-now2013:

^^^What Ikengawo is saying is that Abias limited funds/investments should be channeled towards getting the basics first (good inter/intracity roads, schools, hospitals, industries, etc), b/4 thinking of building a airport; esp' when Owerri and Port Harcourt airports are nearby! All that's needed is a good road or rail network to connect the cities!
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 02, 2013
Afam4eva: The 1diot should leave airport and fixed the roads. His brain level is not enough for him to pull off a motor park let alone an airport.
Haba bros, u dey vex oo. But seriously, the man is lagging behind especially in area of development. He should learn from Peter Obi, sorry, Peter boasts more than he does, Rochas, same ship, Sullivan will teach him bad habits like drinking, smoking, giving out Kia Picanto lipsrsealed, and the old man in Ebonyi can only teach him how to take snuff. The truth is that Theo Orji had better learnt from Ibori than all those foools I mentioned above undecided

1 Like

Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by cjrane: 1:28am On Nov 02, 2013
An airport in Aba would not be a bad thing. But it will make Owerri airport unviable just as it may end up being unviable.

The same exact reason why building another airport in Onitsha less than 5 minutes away from Asaba intl. airport will eventually make both airports unviable waste of public funds.

It is amazing that over the years calls for airports in Aba and Onitsha was largely treated as white elephant projects. Now that airports have been built in Owerri and Asaba which adequately serve both cities, we have people playing politics with building airports. I can bet you it's just another ploy to embezzle public funds. What happened to spending such billions on building mono rail project to make transportation around Aba and Onitsha cheap and comfortable? Or better building a petrochemical plant or independent power plant to boost the economy and create employment ?
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by investnow2013: 1:31am On Nov 02, 2013
I Thought I heard some people complaining that the people of The East don't stay at Home States! How can They stay When some people believed that Abia-State and some other states in The East don't need Airports, but rather go outside their States or Region to board a Plane! Why should Kano or Sokoto or most of the States in Desert in the North{ please no offense intended} have Airports while Those in the East think they don't need them? Don't you know that Federal resources are being deplored in those States more than those that don't have One. Please how many Airports in The East are Among the 22 the Federal Govt are spending money on? The Answer is ONLY 2!!!!
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by Gboliwe: 3:00am On Nov 02, 2013
invest-now2013:
I just Recieve information concerning Abia-State Governor- Mr Orji sudden vision for an Airport for This great State! What do you think about it? Can he deliver this before Onitsha International Airport? This Man will end up to be a Stone rejected by some people,but will Turn out to be The Corner Stone! Orji Ride on!!!
What a stupid question to ask! angry since he started controlling the state, what has he delivered successfully? That man lacks the ability to start and see to completion any project no matter how small.
He is the curse of the state.

@the bolded, I can only grin at the sudden vision. Crazy writers.
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by Ikengawo: 4:19am On Nov 02, 2013
invest-now2013:
I Thought I heard some people complaining that the people of The East don't stay at Home States! How can They stay When some people believed that Abia-State and some other states in The East don't need Airports, but rather go outside their States or Region to board a Plane! Why should Kano or Sokoto or most of the States in Desert in the North{ please no offense intended} have Airports while Those in the East think they don't need them? Don't you know that Federal resources are being deplored in those States more than those that don't have One. Please how many Airports in The East are Among the 22 the Federal Govt are spending money on? The Answer is ONLY 2!!!!

because all of the major cities in the east are no more than 2 hours away from each other. With this there's an airport at Owerri, Port Harcourt (which is minutes away from abia if not seconds) Asaba, Enugu, Calabar and soon one in Uyo. Who is going to fly on all of these airports? The market works on supply and demand and right now none of the eastern airports are showing a lack of supply. Owerri airport isn't crowded, nor is the one in PH or Asaba.

Having more airports isn't a sign of development. Why not channel that money into making Aba a livable city or working on roads and rural development?
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by ujoinme: 5:10am On Nov 02, 2013
Airport are not luxury but neccessary infrastructure for every state in Nigeria. I support any state in the federation who can afford to run the airport to establish one! Orji can start the project another governor can complete it as airport are capital intensive and require a time frame which orji might not have in office at the moment.

Some Nairalanders just run to comment without adequate knowledge of the facts on grounds, Anyone who knows Aba well knows that it is one of the most commercially and industrial viable cities in Nigeria baring bad roads Aba/ Abia deserves an airport as most of the passengers using Enugu,Owerri,Port harcourt and Uyo Airports originate from Abia. An airport in Aba will never i repeat never be unviable.
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by Ikengawo: 5:46am On Nov 02, 2013
running an airport is not cheap, building and maintaining one is not cheap. It should thus not be over done because if you dont get enough customers to support and airport it will crumble and cost even more.

1 Like

Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by investnow2013: 8:55am On Nov 02, 2013
Ikengawo: running an airport is not cheap, building and maintaining one is not cheap. It should thus not be over done because if you dont get enough customers to support and airport it will crumble and cost even more.
I know, but you got understand also Nigeria System! ABA with a Population of 3 Million is over due for an Airport whether Local or International!. I say it again with confidence that-every State must be made to be Competive!. Oh! Can we continue on this age long system that does't encourage COMPETION!
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by 1freshdude: 9:01am On Nov 02, 2013
invest-now2013:

Abia does not need to build an airport as that would amount to misplacement of priorities. As nairalanders have commented, what is the distance between Abia and PH, IMO airport? let Ochendo build gutters and tar Abia roads first, an airport is not an indicator of good governance, please take note.

1 Like

Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by Abagworo(m): 9:15am On Nov 02, 2013
ujoinme: Airport are not luxury but neccessary infrastructure for every state in Nigeria. I support any state in the federation who can afford to run the airport to establish one! Orji can start the project another governor can complete it as airport are capital intensive and require a time frame which orji might not have in office at the moment.

Some Nairalanders just run to comment without adequate knowledge of the facts on grounds, Anyone who knows Aba well knows that it is one of the most commercially and industrial viable cities in Nigeria baring bad roads Aba/ Abia deserves an airport as most of the passengers using Enugu,Owerri,Port harcourt and Uyo Airports originate from Abia. An airport in Aba will never i repeat never be unviable.

Why can't you people understand that Nigeria is Nigeria and for all Nigerians? What you people are saying is funny to me. Its same criticism I get everyday on why Imo State is not commercialized or why Sokoto has no seaport etc.
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by mecedonia(m): 9:17am On Nov 02, 2013
Yes he can, governor t a orji has fulfilled 80% of has campaign promise, I belive soon there will be Airport in Abia state
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by investnow2013: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2013
mecedonia: Yes he can, governor t a orji has fulfilled 80% of has campaign promise, I belive soon there will be Airport in Abia state
Let's wait and see!
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by Gboliwe: 10:33am On Nov 02, 2013
Ikengawo:

because all of the major cities in the east are no more than 2 hours away from each other. With this there's an airport at Owerri, Port Harcourt (which is minutes away from abia if not seconds) Asaba, Enugu, Calabar and soon one in Uyo . Who is going to fly on all of these airports? The market works on supply and demand and right now none of the eastern airports are showing a lack of supply. Owerri airport isn't crowded, nor is the one in PH or Asaba.

Having more airports isn't a sign of development. Why not channel that money into making Aba a livable city or working on roads and rural development?
uyo already has an airport.
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by Abagworo(m): 10:48am On Nov 02, 2013
Gboliwe:

Airport used mainly by the elite club of private jet owners? I won't be surprised if Orji has bought a private jet and needs an airport to land in Umuahia.
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by investnow2013: 10:50am On Nov 02, 2013
Gboliwe:
That's great for Akwa-Ibom State! ABA/Abia-State needs one also!
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by slimfit1(m): 10:53am On Nov 02, 2013
invest-now2013:

Seriously think before you write that guy is right you don't need that airport for now. Build hospitals, , schools, factories and roads then you can think of airport.
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by investnow2013: 11:00am On Nov 02, 2013
Abagworo:

Airport used mainly by the elite club of private jet owners? I won't be surprised if Orji has bought a private jet and needs an airport to land in Umuahia.
There are about 15 known people from Abia-State with their own Private jets. If there is Airport in Abia state for instance, they will be paying Airport Tax for their jets! This will help to keep the Airport going!. Please Airports are not for the rich alone, but for other businessmen & Women based in Aba & Umuahia. There are at least 2000 people making use of Airport Daily in Abia-State!
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by investnow2013: 11:08am On Nov 02, 2013
slim fit :

Seriously think before you write that guy is right you don't need that airport for now. Build hospitals, , schools, factories and roads then you can think of airport.
Abia-State can build Airport in conjuction with some private investors. This can not stop the state from providing other essential amenities for the people! It is cheaper now to build an Airport than to leave it say 5 years time when it will cost 10 times of the cost!
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
mecedonia: Yes he can, governor t a orji has fulfilled 80% of has campaign promise, I belive soon there will be Airport in Abia state

I hope his campaign promises include bleeping your mother, mo.ron?
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by investnow2013: 2:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
shachris:

I hope his campaign promises include bleeping your mother, mo.ron?
You don't need to be rude to anybody, but bring your own opinion on how Abia-State can achieve something great like Airport etc!
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 02, 2013
Does Abia state have a governor? Do you governor Orji as in T.A. Orji?

Ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!

Abia does not need an airport for now. As Afam said let him construct roads first. Sorry, let him paint state schools or plant grasses first.
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
invest-now2013:
You don't need to be rude to anybody, but bring your own opinion on how Abia-State can achieve something great like Airport etc!

Sorry my brother, but sometimes some people need to be reminded how stu.pid they really are.

We dont need an airport now. Maybe later, but not now, not with the state of things in abia like it is. He should give us roads first. is that too much to ask?
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by Super1759: 9:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
Can anyone tell me of one good in aba? I mean modern road.
Is it not when the road is viable that air transport should be considered?
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by kettykings: 10:58pm On Nov 02, 2013
Onitsha and Aba need their individual Petrochemical Refineries both have oil and gas deposits and desperately need medium scale refineries to boost their economies, created jobs, raise locally generated revenues and open up other sectors of the economy, there after both cities can be linked through rail lines passing through Owerri, Nnewi and other towns , this will boost inter city transportation increase trade and lower over head, then both cities can start talking about international airports
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by investnow2013: 10:07am On Nov 03, 2013
@Kettykings. you are Correct,but time is not on their side! Airport & other infractrusture can be carried on together. The cost now is very low, but in say 5 years time it will be 10 times!
Re: Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver? by Gboliwe: 6:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
Abagworo:

I am not an elite yet nor do I own a jet but i've used the airport twice

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Declares Anambra Gubernatorial Poll "Inconclusive" , To Hold Supplementary / Heavy Protest Happening At College Of Education Akwanga(live Pictures) / Emir Of Kano, Sanusi, Visits Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.