Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,237 members, 7,780,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:55 PM

Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband (20710 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic) / Man Quits His Job In Microsoft As Product Manager To Be A House Husband;read Why / Is There Anything Wrong With This Kiss? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by abdoolorunwa(m): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
It will be incurring d wrath of God.we cant afford it.for a bird who seeks rainfall cannot withstand d storm.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by troy20(m): 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
shaybebaby:
Whatever it is that I'd been doing that made me the higher earner. It's called playing to your strengths and doing what works best for your family at any given time. Everything that benefits ones family as unit must be explored without the rigidity of gender assigned roles.
nature had a reason for assigning those roles.its just convenient for you to see it through the lens of your own personality as a woman and thats very selfish.it doesnt benefit the children who need to grow up with a healthy perspective of men and duty.its just only you.gender roles is natures attempt to achieve a balance and it came with human existence.if you have even the littliest love for your husband and children then you ought to encourage him to get a job.children need to look up to daddy cause he is the biggest role model in the world as soon as they open those eyes.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by spyg1(m): 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2014
chimajii:

I wonder whether some of you Reason at all before tryin to post comments in a bid to jst throw in ur Misguided 2cents. U can do better!!
Tnx, criticism is allowed, anything else?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Emmaomotob(m): 8:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
shaybebaby:
Whatever it is that I'd been doing that made me the higher earner. It's called playing to your strengths and doing what works best for your family at any given time. Everything that benefits ones family as unit must be explored without the rigidity of gender assigned roles.
Can I say you are only seeking for attention on this thread cos I know ur husband is most certainly not a house husband?
Socrates said:Naturally men take pride in commanding while women take pride in obeying(Not slave type).
I THINK THE SOCRATES QUOTE IS ENOUGH EXPLANATION TO WHY MOST IF NOT ALL INCLUDING YOU DON'T BUY THE IDEA.LET THE CHILDREN GO TO CHILD CARE AND U THE WORLD's RICHEST WOMAN SHOULD USE YOUR POSITION TO GET HIM A BEFITTING JOB. SHIKENA!!! sad
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by dannisexy(m): 11:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
If women could just sit at home and take care of the house, can't a man do the same. Is there anything wrong in dat? [/quote]

Dude!!!! Everything is wrong with it sir!!
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by bliss2al(m): 11:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
u think say Na Korea u dey ?

abi u be Ode?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Janetozi(f): 11:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
chukxy44: If women could just sit at home and take care of the house, can't a man do the same. Is there anything wrong in dat?
na laziness go kill u. looking for easy way out from life's responsibilities, i suggest u should just return to ur mother's womb.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by lastpage: 12:28am On Jul 17, 2014
In the "WEST", men have become "domesticated" .... like a "house Cat" that sees a rat but would never pursue, talk-less of eating it, because the cat has been fed with "canned food" all its life!

Dont blame the cat (Siena and people who think that way grin grin ), it is regurgitating what it was fed with!

Garbage-in, garbage-out!

On the other hand, l hope women actually knows what they want but they are soo greedy and selfish that they flip and flop at every opportunity, once it suits their cravings!

If its 50-50, then a man should do exactly what a woman does (can do).
But most women wanted to be treated like a woman (40/60), its the man's job to go to work and provide for the family naaw?

Bottom line:
Like Siena said, from a practical point of view, it is do-able and makes sense.
From a cultural and spiritual perspective, "God forbid bad thing, abi dem don swear for the man"? grin grin

Either way, 'Give the child Br*ast, ..or give the bre*st to the child,.... as long as the child can suckle, all is well. (Yoruba adage) grin

Lastpage!
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Limibanti(m): 5:58am On Jul 17, 2014
The worst of man is that, he who neglects or dodge responsibility. Once u decide to strt sitting at home then you automatically seize to be a man

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Godmystrength: 9:40am On Jul 17, 2014
coachwilcox: Sick and tired of all these topics on nairaland by girls trying to reverse the roles of the sexes due to feminist ideas being programmed into their heads.

First, the bible states that any man who cannot provide for his family is worse than a person without faith. Would you do that at home? Stop watching desperate housewives and friends where the hubby sits at home while the wives go hustling.

Also, same girls who spew forth rubbish here will go to their sisters/girl friends home and when said sister/friend's hubby is a sit at home man they go ballistic calling him lazy and a percher.

Women dont even know what they want....
The OP is actually a MALE. And the thread is quite old. And from all the responses i am seeing here, i don't think the ladies are even in support of it

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by sammade: 1:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
Am disappointed that a male could confidently ask suck a question! MEN wake up from this slumber! MEN raise your sons to be alpha males.when women train boys they end up weak and emotional wussies
chukxy44: If women could just sit at home and take care of the house, can't a man do the same. Is there anything wrong in dat?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Godmystrength: 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
sammade: Am disappointed that a male could confidently ask suck a question! MEN wake up from this slumber! MEN raise your sons to be alpha males.when women train boys they end up weak and emotional wussies
You don't mean it....
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by mecuzee(m): 4:02pm On Jul 17, 2014

Plus in India the women pay the bride price or should I say groom price grin
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by mecuzee(m): 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2014
It's safer to buddy up with apostle Paul than some dear folks on NL... smiley
[AMP] 1 Timothy 5:0 If anyone fails to provide for his relatives, and especially for those of his own family, he has disowned the faith [by failing to accompany it with fruits] and is worse than an unbeliever [who performs his obligation in these matters].
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by egopersonified(f): 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
How are the resident nairaland house husbands doing today, hope u all did those chores perfectly?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Godmystrength: 11:35am On Jul 18, 2014
egopersonified: How are the resident nairaland house husbands doing today, hope u all did those chores perfectly?
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by noperson: 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2014
Radiant: I never said you were a house husband. I was only asking you questions in case you found yourself in such a situation.

Since you don't mind staying home to look after your new baby while your wife works then we might as well introduce Scott Brown. What's the difference? It's all part of being "practical". Or you think he's weird?

Even if your wife earned more than you I really don't see how you'll bring up this issue with her to be honest. Like, really are you that "practical"? I know we all now live in a 50/50 world but come on man! If you can't work that's a different issue but as long as you're able to work don't send the woman on the streets and sit at home. If you plan ahead you won't need to think of this option.

Seriously, which man will tell his wife to go and work while he stays home? Siena I want to take it that you're just talking. When will she work? A week after giving birth or 2 months later or when the kids are old enough to go to a child minder or when 

The way you and sienna are going back and forth on this issue, one would think he is asking you to be working and he would be staying at home. There is nothing bad with being a house husband as long as both couples are in agreement. If it works for the couple, it is fine with them. The most important thing is having one of the parents looking after the kids whether it is the husband or the wife. Bills need to be paid and someone getta do it. It disheartening when parents run after money and leave their kids to strangers to look after or even leave the kids by themselves.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by chukxy44(m): 9:29am On Jul 20, 2014
Wow, it is over 5 years and somebody, somehow brought this up again.

it is completely hilarious reading all this.

Anyway, I had made this post while in a litter mood, I remember I was on my first annual leave away from work then, after haven worked well beyond the month I was confirmed. So getting the much needed break, I was basking in the euphoria of finally getting the much needed rest. That was when the funny thought crossed my mind.

Honestly, back then I had expected exactly this sort of responses but doubt if I did get d responses or if it was this intense. Fast forward and here we are.

The thing is we have a lot of shallow minded people here, who just comment without thinking or been indept enough to throw up a realistic argument. Very few are intelligent enough to attack a post from a clinical point of view or even avail their thoughts without curses and insults.

Beside what about those who work from home or whose nature of job provide them more home zone time than their wife? Anyway this is Nigeria and here the purposely Norm usually gets a clear victory verdict in public debate.

I wouldn't accept being a House Husband but that does not rule out the fact that there are actually existing House Husbands' either by choice or circumstances.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by MrAnony1(m): 10:31am On Jul 20, 2014
There is nothing wrong with being a house husband either by choice or circumstances
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 21, 2014
coolier: Nothing wrong with it, 'What a woman can do a man can also do!'. grin
can you allow your husband to be a full time house husband?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by MrAnony1(m): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2014
Abajosax007: can you allow your husband to be a full time house husband?
What is wrong with that?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 22, 2014
MrAnony1:
What is wrong with that?
you really need laying of hands.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by MrAnony1(m): 11:01am On Jul 22, 2014
Abajosax007: you really need laying of hands.
Why?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by tpiander: 6:11pm On Sep 14, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
Not at all.. Infact in the near future i plan to be one

see your life!

P.imp!
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by dingbang(m): 8:45am On Feb 04, 2018
benit:
A man could sit at home and take care of the house while he makes cash from online business. In these days of technological advancement, most people can make money in their houses.
why can't the woman make money from online business too..
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband by ladygudhead(f): 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
Yes o. u will be demanding for sex everyday because you don't go out and engage yourself. smiley ask...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore. / Can You Share A Toothbrush With Your Lover? Let's Have Your Views. / Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.