Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse (47050 Views)

Picture Of Solar Eclipse As Seen In Ibadan / Live Updates On Today's Solar Eclipse / Nigeria To Experience A Solar Eclipse On November 3rd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by kingk(m): 12:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
chidyhels: when wil i ever experience a full eclipse na. The south should have gotten a test of it this time.
Nne, oya enter flight go Abuja this evening and make sure you're there by morrow.... Then you'll see the full eclipse grin
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by mcdreeezy: 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
all dis eclipse talk sef. Does it mean my clothes wil not dry? Bcuz i wan wash cloth 2moroundecided
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Smartjeezy(m): 12:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
I watch it back then in spain with my naked eyes.If u can watch sun directly in northern part of nigeria and nothing happen to ur eyes,there is nothing eclipse can do to u...let me ask,can darkness do us any harm?Where is my osomo jare?I dey wait._.

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Samka: 12:31pm On Nov 02, 2013
me i go look o.
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Oyiboman69: 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
Instead Of Bad Tin To Happen Make Rain Fall.
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by IYANGBALI: 12:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
nairaman66: Yeah, well.. It's pretty too late! FG won't do a fire brigade approach to this. Infact they careless about the citizenry as much as they careless about corruption.. Bottom line, no body cares!

Thanks for the info though! Quite educational.
they would even prefer that it kills some people
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by bizfirst: 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2013
Thanks for the info...I'll spread the word around!

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Nonybb: 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
It means that the muslims would not be able to worship on that day because their God the moon will be block frm receiving glorification and worship
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by ARareGem(f): 1:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
Wasn't even aware there's going to be an eclipse. I saw one years back, people were saying it won't occur in the next 100 years or so. I was thinking I would experience a solar eclipse once in my lifetime. So how come we're having an eclipse tommorrow? undecided
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Koikoi(m): 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
kinharold: Please, what time of the day is it expected to start and for how long will it last?

Anybody with correct info should please give us the answer. Thanks
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
pls o, someone should answer me, will it occur in edo state, a place close to okene in kogi?? I need to witness it. Thanks in advance
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by mecussey(m): 1:36pm On Nov 02, 2013
The reason why I hate fake xtianity. There was a day catholic priests told us to look at the sun that virgin mary was crying on the inside. Oboy, my retina nearly damaged, bc white lights started appearing red at night. I was 14 then and i regret every second of that day. This gave me an insight of what pastors and Fathers are all about. Most pastors and Fathers are fake, they always want us to be afraid.

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by kingk(m): 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
mecussey: The reason why I hate fake xtianity. There was a day catholic priests told us to look at the sun that virgin mary was crying on the inside. Oboy, my retina nearly damaged, bc white lights started appearing red at night. I was 14 then and i regret every second of that day. This gave me an insight of what pastors and Fathers are all about. Most pastors and Fathers are fake, they always want us to be afraid.
grin cheesy cheesy............ tongue
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by kingk(m): 1:47pm On Nov 02, 2013
booqee: pls o, someone should answer me, will it occur in edo state, a place close to okene in kogi?? I need to witness it. Thanks in advance

Boo boo, please hold on am taking flight now to Yankee, wanna ask the scientist if it will also happen in you co-ordinate precisely... Pls what is your longitude and latitude co-ordinate?...grin
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by austeenluv(m): 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
how about sun bathing under the eclipes
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by IAMBREEZY: 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2013
Noted.
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by nickxtra(m): 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2013
Koikoi:

Anybody with correct info should please give us the answer. Thanks
Unconfirmed reports say it is expected to start at 3pm, but the time it will last, I don't really know. I think it does not normally last more than 30 minutes to 1hr.
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
peppy luv: No! You should jump into the lagoon,you will be safe there...
wanna show me how babe? Don't wanna do it the wrong way, puleeeze!!

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by gcey2k(m): 2:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
Tnx 4 d info @ OP... Please guys pass it on by all means possible. I guess the presidential burial have taken all the interest of the media and government.
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by obeenah40(m): 2:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
The best way to view an eclipse is by placing a bowl of water directly under d sun and view from it, that way no direct contact.. It is advisable to use coLd water. Those that have already prepared sunglasses to Use. Biko use it. Buh wen U go blind, blame urself tongue
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 02, 2013
kingk:

Boo boo, please hold on am taking flight now to Yankee, wanna ask the scientist if it will also happen in you co-ordinate precisely... Pls what is your longitude and latitude co-ordinate?...grin
typical nairalanders for you!.. angry They're never serious. Abeg bro answer me if u know
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by gameboy727(m): 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
What about viewing its reflection from a mirror?
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by jamesbridget13(f): 3:25pm On Nov 02, 2013
I never knew
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by An0nimus: 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
peppy luv: Tomorrow some pastors will tell their 'sheep' that the world is coming to an end!
...and she thinks she's being funny. smh.
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by An0nimus: 3:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
booqee: pls o, someone should answer me, will it occur in edo state, a place close to okene in kogi?? I need to witness it. Thanks in advance
It might. Be careful how you 'witness it' though. The repercussions might be severe. How body?smiley
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by kingk(m): 3:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
An0nimus:
It might. Be careful how you 'witness it' though. The repercussions might be severe. [/b]How body?[b]smiley
Oga her Question is not well answered by U.......you dey ask how body grin shey in tell you say in sick before?
Well boo boo our flight just landed in Amsterdam now ok; I never reach Yankee........ I'll tell you as soon as I ask and they tell me okey....grin
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Jdfada: 3:52pm On Nov 02, 2013
This iz not an end tyme tinz. Iz natural occurance. grin
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Eliboy4fun(m): 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2013
Arsenal must win....
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by omodapson(m): 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2013
Last time it happened, i looked at it with my kokoro eyes and my eyes are still as bright as ever... Maybe I was lucky, who knows, i could be 2 times lucky. grin
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by gabrielmotors: 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
I witnessed it in 2006, its nothing serious, the weather will be kind of dark, and it doesn't last more than 20mins,
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Caprison(m): 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
pendusky: for nigerians like sexkillz nothing gonna happen, cant wait for tomorow though, meanwhile Arsenal are loosing out today!
I rebuke that from ur mouth in Jesus Name cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) / Big Snake Caught By Security Guards (Photos) / A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.