Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse (47046 Views)

Picture Of Solar Eclipse As Seen In Ibadan / Live Updates On Today's Solar Eclipse / Nigeria To Experience A Solar Eclipse On November 3rd (2) (3) (4)

Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 02, 2013
Full eclipse in Abuja! *yaaaayyyy*
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Dhurmynick(m): 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
i go snap am with my pear phone.. at least retina no fit damage dat way.. i go even zoom it..

orders popcorn for tomorrow
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by demsid(m): 7:41pm On Nov 02, 2013
pls you can also view it through a very clean standing mirror
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Funjosh(m): 8:06pm On Nov 02, 2013
can i put on my camera and record it then
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by felixiodegus: 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2013
One safe way to watch the eclipse if you dont have the prescribed safety googles is to put a clear bowl or basin of water in the open air where you can see the reflection of the eclipse in the water. You can take your time to view it this way without damaging your ocular tissues.
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by chakula: 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
pendusky: for nigerians like sexkillz nothing gonna happen, cant wait for tomorow though, meanwhile Arsenal are loosing out today!

You are a looser not Arsenal according to the match result.
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by StanA(m): 10:16pm On Nov 02, 2013
[quote author=pendusky]for nigerians like sexkillz nothing gonna happen, cant wait for tomorow though, meanwhile Arsenal are loosing out today! Guess how disappointed u already are now.up gunners!
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Charbless(m): 10:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
pendusky: for nigerians like sexkillz nothing gonna happen, cant wait for tomorow though, meanwhile Arsenal are loosing out today!
All Arsenal haters , Ow far Ow market

Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by arctoni: 10:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
I tink d last tim I witnesd dat occurenc I was in d junior sec.....we viewd tru a bowl of water
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by joelenesleek(f): 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
Abeg people, the Eclipse or Hair-clip go reach my area for Port-harcourt?
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by LaRochelle(f): 11:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
Is it advisable to go out during the eclipse? I mean, can someone go out during that period? I'm asking 'cause I have an important place to go tomorrow. Pls, anyone who know should reply me. Thanks.
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by blink6(m): 11:52pm On Nov 02, 2013
scientists take risks. try looking at it directly n tell us wat u see.
be a hero tomorrow!!!
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Funjosh(m): 4:09am On Nov 03, 2013
La Rochelle: Is it advisable to go out during the eclipse? I mean, can someone go out during that period? I'm asking 'cause I have an important place to go tomorrow. Pls, anyone who know should reply me. Thanks.

Yea you can go out, but make sure that the headlight of your vehicle is working well.
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Pinkybush: 6:46am On Nov 03, 2013
Welder's No. 13 and No. 14 glasses are recommended 4 use in viewing solar eclipse
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by tshoboy(m): 8:27am On Nov 03, 2013
Nonybb: It means that the muslims would not be able to worship on that day because their God the moon will be block frm receiving glorification and worship
Narrated 'Aisha :

In the life-time of Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) the sun eclipsed, so he led the people in prayer, and stood up and performed a long Qiyam, then bowed for a long while. He stood up again and performed a long Qiyam but this time the period of standing was shorter than the first. He bowed again for a long time but shorter than the first one, then he prostrated and prolonged the prostrations. He did the same in the second Raka as he did in the first and then finished the prayer; by then the sun (eclipse) had cleared. He delivered the Khutba (sermon) and after praising and glorifying Allah he said, "The sun and the moon are two signs amongst the signs of Allah; they do not eclipse on the death or life of anyone. So when you see the eclipse, remember Allah (thikr) and say Takbir, pray and give Sadaqa (charity).

Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Sallychizzl3: 8:36am On Nov 03, 2013
tshoboy:
Narrated 'Aisha :

In the life-time of Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) the sun eclipsed, so he led the people in prayer, and stood up and performed a long Qiyam, then bowed for a long while. He stood up again and performed a long Qiyam but this time the period of standing was shorter than the first. He bowed again for a long time but shorter than the first one, then he prostrated and prolonged the prostrations. He did the same in the second
Raka as he did in the first and then finished the prayer; by then the sun (eclipse) had cleared. He delivered the Khutba (sermon) and after praising and glorifying Allah he said, "The sun and the moon are two signs amongst the signs of Allah; they do not eclipse on the death or life of anyone. So when you see the eclipse, remember Allah (thikr) and say Takbir, pray and give Sadaqa (charity).

Jazakumu llahu khayran bro. Some retards just type nonsense to gain popularity.

Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by mecussey(m): 8:37am On Nov 03, 2013
koonbey: Simply don't look,later;you'll see Pictures and watch Videos.

if you no come look come die the next day, how you go take see the picture?
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by u3fine(m): 9:57am On Nov 03, 2013
;DIf e like be Eclipse of the Rain grin e no concern me cos my Nokia torch phone is fully charged grin
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 03, 2013
6 Threads on solar eclipse on FP ? wtf lol

Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by UjSizzle(f): 10:05am On Nov 03, 2013
So what's safe then as we no get trees for Lagos? :angry

Obadiah777, do you have any doomsday interpretation of this eclipse? grin

Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by MEILYN(m): 10:05am On Nov 03, 2013
Mr Obadizzle My Nizzle grin grin please can you read this and tell me what to believe? http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/heaven-earth.html

Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by eagleeye2: 10:09am On Nov 03, 2013
What of those driving or travelling when the eclipse occur?
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by drey08(m): 10:18am On Nov 03, 2013
Because of
eclipse u are not goin to church,u are de
most foolish person on earth
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Mokedaf(m): 10:18am On Nov 03, 2013
When will the eclipse start? Is there no precise time?
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Ishilove: 10:20am On Nov 03, 2013
I think the warning is a bloody waste of time because all the agberos in Lagos will gather at parks, streets and housetops to view the eclipse with their naked eyes.

I too won't miss it for all the gold in China!! cheesy
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by maafen: 10:25am On Nov 03, 2013
nairaman66: Yeah, well.. It's pretty too late! FG won't do a fire brigade approach to this. Infact they careless about the citizenry as much as they careless about corruption.. Bottom line, no body cares!

Thanks for the info though! Quite educational.

Your comment proved your point very well. Tђε̲̣̣̣̥ government indeed don't care about educating tђε̲̣̣̣̥ citizenry if they do you would have known tђε̲̣̣̣̥ it is "educative"
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 03, 2013
uj_sizzle:

I hope you have a mind that can comprehend the interpretation.
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by fallingsky(m): 10:29am On Nov 03, 2013
[quote author=pendusky]for nigerians like sexkillz nothing gonna happen, cant wait for tomorow though, meanwhile Arsenal are loosing out today! [/qujote]

Why do u always think backward U nor dey grow up??
Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 03, 2013
uj_sizzle: So what's safe then as we no get trees for Lagos? :angry

ermm yes. my doomsday interpretation is that this world as we know it is about to get eclipsed by armageddon and a new world order of righteousness established grin grin grin

Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 03, 2013
MEILYN: Mr Obadizzle My Nizzle grin grin please can you read this and tell me what to believe? http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/heaven-earth.html
my chief MEILYN no probs. i gat yo back like a hunch grin grin

Re: How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse by UjSizzle(f): 10:44am On Nov 03, 2013
aManFromMars:

I hope you have a mind that can comprehend the interpretation.
Whatchu here for na grin

5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) / Big Snake Caught By Security Guards (Photos) / A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo)