Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? (10393 Views)

Domestic Airlines Barred From Flying Foreign-registered Planes / List Of Nigerian Planes And Their Ages - Read This Before You Fly. / March 29 Total Solar Eclipse In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 03, 2013
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by jsurg(m): 11:53am On Nov 03, 2013
Nt really
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 03, 2013
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by stagger: 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2013
metti: grin shocked shocked grin
I smoke weed, baby there is a difference between eclipse and Harley Comet. The later occur every 74years, if you see it once you might not see it again, I saw it in 1985 or there about. There is the possibilty of you seeing the former more than once.

Haley's Comet comes once in 75 years. The last sighting was in 1986 which I witnessed. My grandad witnessed it in 1910. Will I see the next one? Only God knows.
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by ismokeweed1(f): 12:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
ighoosagie: if u can't comprehend 2 sentences it a shame on u. I clearly stated that she is alive but not around .
I pity d future of nija becos of u. U can't even pay attention to details.

YOU are the one giving me the details right? You said (and I quote) "ASSUMING YOUR MOM WAS AROUND" . . . My dear what I deduce from your statement is that your mom saw an eclipse ONCE before and IS NOT AROUND to see this one

This automatically means she has seen an eclipse only once and MAY NOT see another anymore because she is not around to see this one

Do you get my point for stating that "most people get to see it just once in their lifetime" ? Your own mom is an obvious example

So now who is the SHAME on? I pray ASUU call off their strike specially for your own good
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by ismokeweed1(f): 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
metti: grin shocked shocked grin
I smoke weed, baby there is a difference between eclipse and Harley Comet. The later occur every 74years, if you see it once you might not see it again, I saw it in 1985 or there about. There is the possibilty of you seeing the former more than once.

Thank you for being insightful . . . Unlike some other IP addreses posting on this thread
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by omiobo: 12:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
chimex38:
supportedgrin

AT LEAST UR BODY IS IN ONE PIECE & NOT IN PIECES

gringrin
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2013
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by metti(m): 12:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
stagger:

Haley's Comet comes once in 75 years. The last sighting was in 1986 which I witnessed. My grandad witnessed it in 1910. Will I see the next one? Only God knows.
Ol boy we don old oh! I knew I witness it about that time that is why I said 1985 or there about. I pray we see it again.
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by Psylas(m): 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2013
kevoh: No it won't...Feel free to fly. Planes fly at Night and during the day nothing happens let alone a momentary blocking of the sunlight by the moon.

Planes depend on a host of parameters when flying QNH,QFE (pressure readings), cloud height e.t.c Therefore the blocking of sunlight for a few hours has no effect except the pilots decide to engage in watching the eclipse instead of concentrating on flying the plane instead.

I believe the Pilots in the house will have more info than I have.
wetin u dey talk, plane no dey get headlamp again,
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by Psylas(m): 12:46pm On Nov 03, 2013
kevoh: No it won't...Feel free to fly. Planes fly at Night and during the day nothing happens let alone a momentary blocking of the sunlight by the moon.

Planes depend on a host of parameters when flying QNH,QFE (pressure readings), cloud height e.t.c Therefore the blocking of sunlight for a few hours has no effect except the pilots decide to engage in watching the eclipse instead of concentrating on flying the plane instead.

I believe the Pilots in the house will have more info than I have.
wetin u dey talk, plane no dey get headlamp again?
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by prettyboi1(m): 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
Judging by most of the comments on this thread,you'd agree with me that most of us Nigerians are very foolish. The poster is asking a simple question on people's thoughts about flying today & people are talking trash. This is How we kill ourselves. If you know you can't satisfy or attend to the OP's curiosity, please keep quiet & don't lead him astray. Thanks.
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by metti(m): 2:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
undecided tongue tongue
pretty_boi: Judging by most of the comments on this thread,you'd agree with me that most of us Nigerians are very foolish. The poster is asking a simple question on people's thoughts about flying today & people are talking trash. This is How we kill ourselves. If you know you can't satisfy or attend to the OP's curiosity, please keep quiet & don't lead him astray. Thanks.
You are the one that is the most foolish. Must u call people names to drive home your point?
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by highmood(m): 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
gabrielmotors: I intend flying to Lagos today, just want people here to confirm if airlines will be operating today, knowing there will be a solar eclipse
best go to the airport and they will be in a better position to let you know.
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by davidknot22(m): 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
And what has this got to do with ASUU strike
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by MrCork: 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2013
..don't planes u people use in Nigeria use touch light? (no OFFENSE) angry
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
KwoiZabo: you are free to fly. when the eclipse starts and everywhere is dark, pilots on air will park and continue the journey after the eclipse. sad See question
shey plane dey park 4 air?
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by prettyboi1(m): 7:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
metti: undecided tongue tongue
You are the one that is the most foolish. Must u call people names to drive home your point?
lol....see who is talking. Do you know how to read english at all or you're programmed by some computer to be sad always & just express your bitterness in the same way? where in my previous post did I call anyone out precisely? Pls go back to your programmer for proper debugging.Cheers.
Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
Vladm: Plz will d eclipse lead ASUU to call of d strike?

eclipse and ASUU strike... i still cant see the connection

1 Like

Re: Will The Solar Eclipse Stop Local Planes From Flying? by calculusx(m): 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
[s]
gabrielmotors:

I THINK YOU ARE INSANE, IF YOU KNOW HOW TO READ YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THAT I ONLY LISTED THOSE I'VE HAD SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTIONS WITH
YOUR GOOD WORK IS SUPPOSE TO SPEAK FOR YOU, NOT BY YOU COMING HERE TO SAY RUBBISH
DO YOU MEAN YOU ARE HAPPY AT WHAT YOUR COLLEAGUE (INSPIRED_M AUTO) DID TO THAT YOUNG MAN?
TRUTH BE SAID, IF YOU @calculusx IS GENUINE YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE SUPPOSED TO COME HERE TO DEFEND YOU
IF YOU ARE NOT A SCAM, WHY WILL YOU GO AGAINST THIS THREAD?
WE REALLY NEED TO TOUCH LIGHT YOU
MEANWHILE, MY TEAM WILL INVESTIGATE YOU SOON, AND IF YOU ARE GENUINE, YOUR NAME WILL BE ADDED AMONGS THE GENUINE ONES LISTED ABOVE
YOU CAN NOT STOP THE FIGHT AGAINST SCAM
GET THAT INTO YOUR HEAD YOUNG MAN
[/s]

[b] https://www.nairaland.com/2432178/list-tested-verified-car-dealers#35604226
I know i risk a ban doing this but I will ask you where were you when Auto Section was been sanitized years ago with verifiable dealer's name and address on this website? How many dealer's were bold enough to drop their details sticked on the front page then? You better find another way of marketing yourselves. grin grin Until YOU all go on that thread and condemn what inspired_m did,then I will take you serious.
[/b]n

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some not so bad Abia Pictures. Can be Better though! / Can I Get US Universities That Accept NECO For Undergraduate Admissions? / I Need Help On How To Pay Application Fee Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.