Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:55 PM

The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam (17420 Views)

Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes / EFCC Takes Three Suspects To Court For N3m Land Scam / Land Scam By Novojo Farms Owned By Late Ishola Williams And Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by lawyer(m): 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
There is one very popular land scam that is extremely rampant in Ibeju Lekki, Ikorodu, Badagry and Agbara that is very common amongst unscrupulous Estate Agents, Surveyors and Very Defective Land Sellers and Omoniles trying to hood wink potential buyers of land and that Rip-off is the “GAZETTE OR C of O UNDER PROCESSING SCAM”.The scam works thus like this:

1. They see that you are interested in buying a land and they notice it through your eyes and emotions that you are falling in love with that land, the topography of the land, dreaming of the potential neighbours of the land and the environment through your numerous kind words of the location and the structure of the land.

2. They know you are ready to pay for the land right now if you agree on a price but they also know that if you are too land savvy, you will ask them for the documents or title the land has and that might prevent you from buying it.

3. They know if they produce a fake land document, you could get in touch with Omonile lawyer to verify the land or someone that is well versed in purchasing land who will discover their fraud.

4. So they choose the easy way out. They will tell you the history of how the land came about and how the Government tried to steal a large expanse of land from the Community but the community protested and the government had to finally give the Omoniles a certain portion of their land back and in return give them either a Gazette or a C of O.

5. These Swindlers will now tell you that for 3 years or so, the community has been trying to get their Gazette or C of O from the Government and they have been processing it seriously and it would soon be out. They will even encourage you to go to Alausa land registry department to go yourself to confirm it. They will give you a file number to go and crosscheck the file personally so that you will see all the payments, fees, paper work and everything needed for the Gazette or C of O to come out but because of the bureaucracy of government officials they can’t do much but they need money to continue bribing the Alausa officials sitting on that file and that is the reason the Seller or Omoniles are selling the land cheap now to use part of the money to obtain the Gazette or C of O and you should take advantage of the cheapness because once the C of O or Gazette is out, the price of the land will quadruple beyond the reach of the Buyers pocket. The moment the prospective buyer hears this wonderfully crafted diabolical fantasy, he swallows it hook line and sinker and proceeds to make payment without confirming the status of that fabulous story. 6 Months down the line after the buyer intends to start building and is anxious to perfect his papers and get his building plan approval, he would still be hearing that same well rehearsed story line

“THE GAZETTE OR C of O IS STILL UNDER PROCESSING”

It baffles me that someone is about to hand over thousands or millions of Naira to a stranger and relies on only his well crafted story to buy the land. If you’re a prospective buyer and you come across this phrase “GAZETTE OR C of O UNDER PROCESSING”, think hard about the following questions:

1. How does the Agent or Seller of the land know it is under processing?

2. Has he been to the land registry to confirm if it's under processing

3. What is the file number and what does the file colour look like?

4. What room is the file being kept and who allocated the file number to that file?

5. Who is the officer in charge of that file and can they give you his number so that you can go and confirm it personally?

6. What fees did the omoniles or community pay for that “GAZETTE OR C of O UNDER PROCESSING” and what copies of receipts or fees do they have to show you. At least since they are to pay for government receipts they should have triplicate copies of the receipts to show you.

7. Who is the surveyor handling the release of the “GAZETTE OR C of O UNDER PROCESSING ”

8. Who is the lawyer or Government official acting on their behalf to get the “GAZETTE OR C of O UNDER PROCESSING ” out in due course

9. When is the expected date or time the “GAZETTE OR C of O UNDER PROCESSING ” is to come out

10.What if the “GAZETTE OR C of O UNDER PROCESSING” is not approved or granted, what becomes of the money or land that you have just committed yourself into? Once you can ask the Agent or Omoniles these questions and they cannot answer it satisfactorily, my brother, use your 2 left legs and waka from that place unless they will just use your money to do Sahara. A word is enough for the Wise.

So the next time you are shown a land to buy and you hear these infamous words “GAZETTE OR C of O UNDER PROCESSING ” , Dont fall Mugu to these People telling you this Bulls**t Anymore. Tell them to provide all the answers to the above questions and provide concrete evidence of the supposedly Land Documents under processing unless no body will pity you when you start to cry in future as your House is being demolished because the land has no papers and still under processing after 10 years.

Visit www.omonilelawyer.com for more Devastating Land Scams that could make you bankrupt and how to avoid being Victims in the Hands of Land Swindlers.

6 Likes

Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by Sermwell(m): 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nice expository! My uncle must read this as he always patronise this "omoniles". This is why nairaland has always been my home! Thanks op for this as it will sure go a long way in preventing persons from falling prey to this scammers!

BTW, I don't want to see anyone below me shouting first to comment o! Please be warned! Ehen!

1 Like

Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by Deen4me(m): 8:45pm On Nov 02, 2013
Keep up the good work smiley
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by Cordismaria: 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nawa o everything in naji is fake now na land be warned cos ur money no go come back o.
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by checkdate(m): 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
ONLY GOD WILL HELP US IN THIS COUNTRY.

1 Like

Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by 3Dimension: 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
Welcome to nigeria.
Where even land na 'fake'.

Abeg make them sha no collect my land wey I buy for banana island o.

Wow I made front page again. Glory be to God in the highest. I don use fulstop collect space again hehehehhehe$
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by mcdreeezy: 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
Is wa oh
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by mindworx: 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nawa o... I dey fear sef... lol
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by Swiftlee(m): 8:49pm On Nov 02, 2013
Yah!! Tor..me no kpa kpa get money to buy land for here yet..i still nogo forget say 419 na everything e dey inside..#watch ur back in everything you do..if u even buy food, dem no put am for u make e reach..na still scam...
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by holyvirgin: 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
Hmmmmmm naija I dey hail o....
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by olaobifarmltd(m): 8:55pm On Nov 02, 2013
Dis is cool
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by Sermwell(m): 8:55pm On Nov 02, 2013
3Dimension: Welcome to nigeria.
Where even land na 'fake'.

Abeg make them sha no collect my land wey I buy for banana island o.

Wow I made front page again. Glory be to God in the highest. I don use fulstop collect space again hehehehhehe$
what about me that was first to comment? May be oga seun should give me a nobel price! Abi what do you think?
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by ddestiny20(m): 9:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
Na wah for omo onile people sha
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by iamswizz(m): 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
Please how do i become an omonile
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by macdelene(m): 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
Amule5000us: shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin tongue
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by dacool1(m): 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
iamswizz: Please how do i become an omonile
Simple u need to apply for training. Application form cost 20k only. Contact me when u r ready
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nice one.
I refuse to be a maga.
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by prof800(m): 9:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
Agbara boys -- number 1 culprits.
lawyer thanks for sharing.
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by omoot: 10:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
The land for naira land gets genuine C of O.
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by Oyiboman69: 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
I Neva Get Money Take Buy Land Sef.
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
Na wen Nairaland go start to sell land sef
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by yomalex(m): 10:53pm On Nov 02, 2013
Thank You
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by jhydebaba(m): 12:01am On Nov 03, 2013
No wonder then dey ride big big cars... I refuse to be a victim.
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by arcview: 12:18am On Nov 03, 2013
Not all land which documents are under processing are fake. Land with C of O or Gazette didn't appear from nowhere all went through processing stages at one time or the other and not all land are under government acquisition. If all are well verified and proven beyond every doubt there is nothing stopping you from investing into your future...

4 Likes

Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by tonyflez(m): 5:46am On Nov 03, 2013
@arcview.....my bro lets Not decieve ourselves,lawyer is just revealing it to people now ,for some of us we Know its scam used by hungry agents and selfish omoniles...i am a realtor and i Know this a long time ago....my own principle is NO TITLE NO TRANSACTION. Why cant they wait for the processing Gerzet or c of o to come out before they Start selling...i feel the Land is Not yet ripe for sale.....i also blame some nigerians that preffer to buy cheap Land without title,What document are you getting.anyway Thanks omonile lawyer once more....keep it up.
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by tonyflez(m): 5:47am On Nov 03, 2013
@arcview.....my bro lets Not decieve ourselves,lawyer is just revealing it to people now ,for some of us we Know its scam used by hungry agents and selfish omoniles...i am a realtor and i Know this a long time ago....my own principle is NO TITLE NO TRANSACTION. Why cant they wait for the processing Gerzet or c of o to come out before they Start selling...i feel the Land is Not yet ripe for sale.....i also blame some nigerians that preffer to buy cheap Land without title,What document are you getting.anyway Thanks omonile lawyer once more....keep it up.a
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by Delafruita(m): 6:30am On Nov 03, 2013
tonyflez: @arcview.....my bro lets Not decieve ourselves,lawyer is just revealing it to people now ,for some of us we Know its scam used by hungry agents and selfish omoniles...i am a realtor and i Know this a long time ago....my own principle is NO TITLE NO TRANSACTION. Why cant they wait for the processing Gerzet or c of o to come out before they Start selling...i feel the Land is Not yet ripe for sale.....i also blame some nigerians that preffer to buy cheap Land without title,What document are you getting.anyway Thanks omonile lawyer once more....keep it up.a
so in every case where you are told the gazette or c of o is been processed,you simply concluded it was a scam.I agree that many a time,omonile use the gazette story to scam people but I don't think gazette and c of o should be lumped together.what percentage of lands in lagos have c of o?omonile lands rarely ever have c of o and its the buyer that processes for himself.in the case of gazette,there are risks involved as there are with any other venture.I came across such in lakowe about 2years ago and after assessing the risks,I felt it was a risk worth taking.I didn't eventually purchase because I felt the value placed on it was excessive considering the excision was still been processed and the land was a little marshy.that land was eventually excised december last year and if I had bought then,that portion would have been part of the excised portion.it will be unfair to generalise an assumption and prey on the gullibility of people to dissuade them from taking certain steps.there are ways to confirm what stage of the process a land been excised is on.I am currently doing a preject at ijanikin on a land that used to be governement owned but is now free.I bought it at the time it was still been processed.that doesn't mean I don't accept that there are risks.sometimes the land doesn't get excised,other times only a portion is excised.the key is in analysing the situation properly.some lands are marked for agricultureby government but are released to omonile.some land are not committed to any project so givernment usually has no qualms releasing.oftentimes you can even see government itself developing such areas by electrifying,making it motorable etc.

I appreciate what lawyer does but its not right to generalise.some folks on here just want to get a plot somewhere to build houses gradually as their budgets permit.how many of them can afford land with c of o?

4 Likes

Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by godello: 6:33am On Nov 03, 2013
IBEJU LEKKI people una don hear kwa? Don't tell us bullsh*t again.
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by Sunglow: 6:36am On Nov 03, 2013
sulley: Na wen Nairaland go start to sell land sef
Abi o!na true qeustion u ask.oga law abeg tell oga seun say e don reach time wen he go take sell land for we NL so that all of us go live close to one another then dos of us wen wan sell go sell to make cool cash.
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by siobahn: 6:41am On Nov 03, 2013
Thanks Op but i have a couple of questions:

(1) Have you heard of this PWAN Homes Property Access Club Estate that sells at N360,000/plot?
The estate is located at Elerangbe area of Ibeju Lekki and they say it's %mins drive off Lekki Epe Expressway.
(2) Where can one buy a good land especially with Ibeju Lekki being the next selling point for agents? The thing dey fear person, i dont want to part with my hard earned money or buy and later find out you have to deal with these so called omoniles
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by doctokwus: 7:40am On Nov 03, 2013
Are u saying that only lands wt C/O shd b bought?If so,den 90% of present land owners wud forfeit their lands,because majority of land owners are d ones dat process their own c/o after buying wt only family receipt and deed as documents.Unless I ddnt get ur write-up.Do u mean only lands wt C/O shd b bought?
Re: The C Of O Or Gazette Is Under Processing Land Scam by motoman: 7:49am On Nov 03, 2013
@delafrota and @arcview: if you read Lawyer's post properly, you would see he has not completely condemed the buying of Lands said to be under processing, but rather he has said we should be weary and apply more caution when told that story. He has even gone an extra mile to give us a template of questions we should as, which in the end will strengthen or cancel our decision to purchase such land.
I actually give much kudos to Lawyer cos he is indeed a rare gem, and invests his time in ensuring people learn about proper purchase of lands.

Now to my problem: I purchased a land in Beechwood estate, Ibejou area about a year ago, and that land has been 'under gazette processing' for ever. After reading this post, I'm starting to feel like I was scammed. Reason is: I wasn't alocated a plot with a plan nore any sort of markings, cos my agent said I'll only get those once the gazette is released. So I can't even carry out a check on the land. I dey hang for 'one-chance bus' and the wahala be say I know say I dey scam, but can't do nothing...any advice?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Water Purification System For Homeowners And Homebuilders. / Cost Of Rent Around Cross River State| Cotenant.com.ng / Keeping It Simple N Clean By Introducing L-pad Studio Apartments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.