Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,766 members, 7,798,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 - Sports (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 (143298 Views)

Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / Mexico Vs Nigeria FIFA U17 WC Final (0 - 3) On 8th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Godwinsilas(m): 9:59pm On Nov 06, 2013
dr_joshua2000:

NFA. No future ambition. That's what you are. A corrupt country like Nigeria fielding over aged boys with bones as hard as concrete and you are there celebrating rubbish. How foolish you are. Instead of me to watch that match, I'lld rather try to count the stars. Rubbish!
Or better still throwing stones...... As if you have the talent or profession to represent your town or state let alone your country allways appreciate goods thing in order for good things to appreciate you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by chic2pimp(m): 1:56am On Nov 07, 2013
2s£xy:
White man is your god and you will continue to be their slave foooollll!
Still a whole lot better than the god u have right there who continues to ruin your life every day u unrepentant cretin.

dabossman:

What record keeping are you on about? Some of those players were not even born in Sweden, but in countries like Turkey and Albania which are not as developed as you might think. Or you think every state, county and village in Europe is super-developed? Besides who say information stored in computers cannot be altered. Ever heard about witness protection programmes that can give you a whole new identity? Gimme a break. Was it not in the USA that one man kept his three daughter locked up in a cellar for over 10 years and even had babies with them. What records recorded those births? Do you know how many records have been lost to wars in the Balkans. Do you know how many immigrants have crisscrossed the different borders of Europe with children whose ages were simply declared by their parents and registered by immigration.

Keep on deluding yourself that Western age records are 100% perfect.
A pass can be given to those not born in Sweden. The majority however are and therefore there's no doubting that's indeed their true ages. By the way I'm not here to argue for or against the accusations of age cheating being thrown about. Simply just correcting the dolt who was comparing both countries record keeping.

Whilst their records keeping might be less than perfect, it is still a whole new world better than the ones kept in Nigeria. No amount of "Ifs", "Buts" and isolated cases can change that FACT!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Nobody: 4:31am On Nov 07, 2013
I understand arguments like yours. What i don't understand is why you make it seem it's only Nigeria who does this.
Ivory coast might as well have fielded old players, yet they didn't go far in the tournament. Since many a African country doesn't keep records anyways, they might all have fielded older players, or perhaps way older players, in the preliminary competition leading to this, yet it seemed to have done them no benefits. How does Nigeria happen to be the best among the teams? Could it be just the sheer quality of the side?? A quality which seemingly has nothing to do with the respective ages of the boys?? But more to do with the hardwork they have put in??
And remember, in Last u-17 tournament Nigeria didn't even qualify. What happened?? The players were not old enough??

Anyways, my point is, winning this tournament has never been about age. It has always been about class, hard work, quality of play, and sheer determination to win. The Nigerians have demonstrated this at every level and they deserve commendation for that!

3 Likes

Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 07, 2013
sauer: I understand arguments like yours. What i don't understand is why you make it seem it's only Nigeria who does this.
Ivory coast might as well have fielded old players, yet they didn't go far in the tournament. Since many a African country doesn't keep records anyways, they might all have fielded older players, or perhaps way older players, in the preliminary competition leading to this, yet it seemed to have done them no benefits. How does Nigeria happen to be the best among the teams? Could it be just the sheer quality of the side?? A quality which seemingly has nothing to do with the respective ages of the boys?? But more to do with the hardwork they have put in??
And remember, in Last u-17 tournament Nigeria didn't even qualify. What happened?? The players were not old enough??

Anyways, my point is, winning this tournament has never been about age. It has always been about class, hard work, quality of play, and sheer determination to win. The Nigerians have demonstrated this at every level and they deserve commendation for that!

God bless you my guy!
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by dabossman(m): 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
chic2pimp:
Still a whole lot better than the god u have right there who continues to ruin your life every day u unrepentant cretin.

A pass can be given to those not born in Sweden. The majority however are and therefore there's no doubting that's indeed their true ages. By the way I'm not here to argue for or against the accusations of age cheating being thrown about. Simply just correcting the dolt who was comparing both countries record keeping.

Whilst their records keeping might be less than perfect, it is still a whole new world better than the ones kept in Nigeria. No amount of "Ifs", "Buts" and isolated cases can change that FACT!

Okay, got your point. Their record keeping might be better, but then who says we don't keep records of births in Nigeria? I dare say that the problem is not record-keeping but a collective decision (actively or passively) to cover up for age cheats, and laziness on the part of our sporting press to carry out detailed investigative journalism. I don't think any parent at the birth of their child knows that the kid will play at U17 or U20 for Nigeria such that they would decide to hide his/her birth or age. Most hospitals actually record births with date and time. Even General hospitals. A lot of parents, especially in urban and semi-urban cities and towns actually register the births of their kids at their local councils. Many of these boys when enrolling in primary school had their ages registered along with other information. I can bet you they were registered during the last population censors. Nobody knew they would play soccer to national level then. They went to school with human beings, not ghosts. People know their true ages.

The records are there (even if it is written in paper and ink) if anyone decides to dig deep enough. But we don't because we are all part of the cover up. If it was politics now they would dig it up. Or did people not dig up old documents on James Ibori and his purported previous jail term. Did they not dig up info on Tinubu and the primary school he "supposedly" attended? The records are there bro.
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by dabossman(m): 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
sauer: I understand arguments like yours. What i don't understand is why you make it seem it's only Nigeria who does this.

You are so on point. The funny thing is when we crash out early we still blame it on over-aged players. Case in point was when we crashed out to little Oman at Ecuador 2005. Nigerians blamed it on the use of over-aged players. It's like Nigerians sometimes can't make up their mind if age is an advantage or not.

Check out my thoughts on the age falsification issue here: https://www.nairaland.com/1506923/failure-move-u17-senior-team
Re: Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2019
chic2pimp:
Still a whole lot better than the god u have right there who continues to ruin your life every day u unrepentant cretin. A pass can be given to those not born in Sweden. The majority however are and therefore there's no doubting that's indeed their true ages. By the way I'm not here to argue for or against the accusations of age cheating being thrown about. Simply just correcting the dolt who was comparing both countries record keeping. Whilst their records keeping might be less than perfect, it is still a whole new world better than the ones kept in Nigeria. No amount of "Ifs", "Buts" and isolated cases can change that FACT!

tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs Algeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers 3 - 1 (Full Time) / England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.