Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,957 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Toyota Camry Jerking While Climbing Uphill - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry Jerking While Climbing Uphill (4615 Views)

My Car Is Stalling And Jerking When On Motion. / Vibration And Jerking Problem With Mazda Millenia / Jerking When Trying To Accelerate My 1998 Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry Jerking While Climbing Uphill by jam04(m): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
Hi all,
My wife toyota camry 2001 model jerks when climing uphill but runs smoothly when driving on a level road. I changed the 2 fuel filters and also have the fuel pump checked. These actions did not solve the problem.

I have to take it to the technician who had it scan and 2 error codes were returned by the scanner: p0136 and p0401. The first been bank 1 sensor2 problem, I changed it and that error code didn't return when I re-scan the car.

However the p0401 been an EGR problem refuse to clear despite doing the necessary repairs. I removed the egr valve, clean it and scrap off little carbon deposit found inside it(its worthy to note that the carbon found in the egr isn't considerable as to disrupt its normal function). I also remove the modulator and also check the filter inside it. I dust off the little dust found inside the filter.

I check the egr valve and all vacumm connectors, including the vsv. After doing all these, I put the car on road but unfortunately, the jerking uphill still occur.

Gurus in the house...what could be wrong pls!!! I'm certain if I rescan, it will return the p0401 code. Thanks
Re: Toyota Camry Jerking While Climbing Uphill by kingschild123(m): 8:52pm On Nov 02, 2013
@jam04 few suggestions
Low fuel pressure caused by a clogged
filter or bad pump
Engine knock due to excessive carbon
deposits
Bad spark plugs and or spark plug
wires
Bad ignition coil
Low air flow due to a clogged filter
Bad fuel
Bad distributor cap or rotor.... the cap
and rotor is easily replaced and is
inexpensive. It wears out after about
100K or so and fits atop the distributor
itself and is what most people are
actually thinking about when they talk
about the distributor. Failure of the
mechanical bit of the distributor itself
that turns the rotor is fairly rare.
Re: Toyota Camry Jerking While Climbing Uphill by sultaan(m): 2:09am On Nov 03, 2013
Have you checked you tube on that code ,it more than just the EGR being clogged the hose and intake manifold port too might be clogged the you have to check the EGR with 12v(i think) to make sure it actually works and vacuum if its vacuum operated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms5C6vDHCww
Re: Toyota Camry Jerking While Climbing Uphill by jam04(m): 6:14am On Nov 03, 2013
sultaan: Have you checked you tube on that code ,it more than just the EGR being clogged the hose and intake manifold port too might be clogged the you have to check the EGR with 12v(i think) to make sure it actually works and vacuum if its vacuum operated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms5C6vDHCww

I actually watched this video before I did the egr cleaning myself...I cleared out the intake port and all hose(s). The egr is vacumm type. Don't know how to test it. Which instrument can I use that is readily available here?
Re: Toyota Camry Jerking While Climbing Uphill by jam04(m): 6:20am On Nov 03, 2013
kingschild123: @jam04 few suggestions
Low fuel pressure caused by a clogged
filter or bad pump
Engine knock due to excessive carbon
deposits
Bad spark plugs and or spark plug
wires
Bad ignition coil
Low air flow due to a clogged filter
Bad fuel
Bad distributor cap or rotor.... the cap
and rotor is easily replaced and is
inexpensive. It wears out after about
100K or so and fits atop the distributor
itself and is what most people are
actually thinking about when they talk
about the distributor. Failure of the
mechanical bit of the distributor itself
that turns the rotor is fairly rare.

All these aren't related to p0401 code. Thank you for the input though
Re: Toyota Camry Jerking While Climbing Uphill by Edunwa302(m): 8:07am On Nov 03, 2013
Change you fuel filter
Re: Toyota Camry Jerking While Climbing Uphill by jam04(m): 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
Edunwa302: Change you fuel filter

It isn't a fuel filter problem
Re: Toyota Camry Jerking While Climbing Uphill by sultaan(m): 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla 2007 Vs Corolla Altis 2007 / How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 / 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.