Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married (1521 Views)

Do You Miss The Days Of SMS From Friends During Christmas And New Year? / Fiance Died 10 Yrs Ago. I'm Now Married But Still Crave For Him. Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by Smile4mee01: 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
It’s funny how things change for many people (especially females) after marriage. I have made many good friends so far, and a few have got me wondering if it was worth it. I ask, Is it really worth it being a friend to someone who after he/she gets married, they are throwing you inside the recycle bin.
It’s worse with women who give this attitude of. You call them up just to check up on them and just before u say anything they are like Sorry let’s speak later, i need to see my hubby or kids. I have been hurt a couple of times especially for friends i have helped and they have helped me too. However, i have come to the realization that some friends are for a reason , season, and a lifetime.
Now, as a rule of thumb. I always leave before i am left. Once i see a friend is engaged, i begin to disconnect, not like i want to , but once bitten twice shy.
I just don’t think because i am married, i would throw my good past away, the friends, experiences, family has made me the man i am. I even think keeping some of your good friends make your marriage experience richer.
To my former friends. I wish you an amazing life but Should your marriage face challenges like every marriage does, Please don’t come looking for me where you left me to encourage or advice you. I have moved on and I am doing fine without you in my life. But if we are truly related we would meet again.

#just saying#

6 Likes

Re: Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by vanitty: 10:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
Perhaps Hubby + kids became their no 1 priority and they don't have the energy to chitchat for hours on the phone like the olden days or it has been wrongly drummed into their heads by the Aunty/ uncle advisers the potential harm single friends can cause, who knows.

No need to sound bitter about it in the sense of preempting marriage challenges for them

Anywhoooo, the truth is if you are a cherished friend, no wedding band will give her away from you, perhaps when she got married and became a "new" woman, she decided to let go of the old things that were not particularly adding anything to her life who knows

1 Like

Re: Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by Kanwulia: 10:28am On Nov 03, 2013
My REAL FRIENDS ARE ALL MARRIED!
I disconnected from them too! kiss
Sorry, I am my own best friend to infinity! cool

1 Like

Re: Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by sholay2011(m): 11:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
^^^^^ You get problem I swear grin grin
Re: Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by sholay2011(m): 11:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
Re: Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by ediemafio(m): 2:57am On Nov 04, 2013
What do u want them to discuss with you,are you considered a bad influence to them,are you married yourself?'whenever a friend gets engaged',when will u do urs?anyways,such is life cos when i get married,my mrs will definitely have to cut a lot of things off..family things!..lol
Re: Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by slimyem: 6:32am On Nov 04, 2013
Priorities have changed. You should understand. Its that simple but then again.."are you sure they were ever REALLY your FRIENDS"?

My married friends are not like that though. We remain as connected as ever. cool
Re: Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by Bootylicious(f): 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
I think I understand d angle d op is coming from, it's not abt having Moore responsibilities d newly married ones tend to see themselves to b better off than their single friends.
Re: Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by judii(f): 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
Bootylicious: I think I understand d angle d op is coming from, it's not abt having Moore responsibilities d newly married ones tend to see themselves to b better off than their single friends.
Exactly!
Re: Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by dayokanu(m): 6:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
Women are naturally suspicious and jealous of one another

So a married womans worst enemy is single girls

1 Like

Re: Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
Bless u Dayo!
Truth is a bitter pill to swallow.
Re: Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by veave(f): 8:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
you never see anytin yet. one, wen she managed to pick my call started by saying 'babe, u mean u've not gotten anybody yet? eh? pls try and get someone oh...'
i just deleted her number sharp sharp. people's real xter comes up wen dey feel they haave achieved more than you.

2 Likes

Re: Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by tpia5: 9:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
dayokanu: Women are naturally suspicious and jealous of one another

So a married womans worst enemy is single girls

In what way do you consider your second sentence connected to the first one?
Re: Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by tpia5: 9:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
Re: Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by ifyalways(f): 9:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
My besties are all singles.
Re: Disconnecting From Friends Because You Are Now Married by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 07, 2013
Wetin concern me with such.anyone that wants to take a walk because of their marital status should do.my own kind of friendship has never been by force and will never be.as a matter of fact,as you are taking a walk,5 are replacing you,so i dont have any problems with not a friend choosing not to be my friend again.

Na their type wey dey confide in hairdresser,tailor,househelp and people wey them no suppose to even confide in when katakata burst.those ones go turn their problem to a subject matter of gossip and butts of jokes when them don disfriend all their friends.come to think of it,i have never seen any man disfriending his friend irrespective of his marital status.infact,he will tell his single friends to come to his house and come and watch ball.so this is a female thing

reminds me of something that happened recently.i came to spend the weekend with my parents and my mom said she has a party to attend and she has bought their aso ebi and so she wants me to help her buy a blue shoe,not too high,size xyz.and so i got into the car and drove to xyz boutique,there i met some ladies gossiping.

As i was searching for the kinds of shoe mummy wants, i was tapping into some of their jist.one said up on all her haaa mabinu,my husband does not always like my friends comming to greet me at home,me and my husband are going for a function and he doesnt want anyone to follow us,haaa,i want to pick my son from school,no be her papa house she dey na wey she don dalemoshu.all of them were laughing,mimicking and mocking her.in my mind i was like may God have mercy on both the gossipers and whoever they are gossiping about...

When one of them wanted to ascertain whether i was listening to their jist,she came to me and gave me a fake smile,aunty have you seen the particular shoe you want,me too i returned the same fake smile and said yes,she said i should give the shoe to the sales girl,she gave me the bills,i paid and left the boutique.

Those babes wey dey disfriend their friends dey form me and my husband,i dey always dey sorry for them,especially the ones wey no con come from good family and get who to console them when their marriage palaver starts

(1) (Reply)

Advice Pls / Bride Price Wahala / Knowing His Intentions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.