Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,877 members, 7,806,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? (7909 Views)

Picture Of Solar Eclipse As Seen In Ibadan / Live Updates On Today's Solar Eclipse / How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by oliidell(m): 8:54am On Nov 03, 2013
An eclipse (from planet earth's point of view) is a natural phenomenon which occurs when light rays from the sun is fully or partially obstructed from reaching the earth, thereby causing partial or total darkness in some parts of the earth.

It's been reported that some parts of Nigeria will experience a partial solar eclipse today. This results when the moon in crescent or half form moves between the sun and the earth and partially blocks the light rays. Nigeria's National Space Research and Development Agency reports thus:

Partial solar eclipse expected in Nigeria
English.news.cn   2013-10-30 07:28:05           
ABUJA, Oct. 29 (Xinhua) -- A partial solar eclipse will occur on Sunday in different parts of Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation, a top government official said on Tuesday.

The director-general in charge of National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) Seidu Mohammed disclosed this reporters in Abuja, the country's capital city.

Eclipse is an astronomical event that occurs when an astronomical object is temporarily obscured.

This occurs either by passing into the shadow of another body or by having another body pass between it and the viewer as seen from the earth.

Mohammed advised Nigerians not to panic unnecessarily as nothing untoward would happen on that day.

The director told reporters that the partial eclipse would not affect the airspace but advised Nigerians not to think that the world would come to an end because of the occurrence.

He advised Nigerians to wear sunglasses to view the occurrence, adding that the measure would protect their eyes from damage that might arise.

The agency would provide such glasses for some Nigerians, especially children and selected Nigerians, he added.

He said that the entire African continent would be affected by the partial eclipse, while some other parts of the world would witness total eclipse.

Mohammed urged Nigerians to go about their normal businesses as such occurrences happened occasionally.

He said that partial eclipse would occur in April 2014, March 2015 and September 2016.

So how are we awaiting today's eclipse?
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 03, 2013
Sorry o, abeg mk prsn teach me aw I fit open thread?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by oliidell(m): 9:10am On Nov 03, 2013
Jasboi: Sorry o, abeg mk prsn teach me aw I fit open thread?

Click https://www.nairaland.com/17637/how-post-own-topic-nairaland

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by dani1luv: 9:53am On Nov 03, 2013
And the eclispe should not happen undecided

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by AbuMikey(m): 9:53am On Nov 03, 2013

The eclipse dey share rice? undecided

Then, why I go com dey prepare gringrin

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by JOEizu: 9:54am On Nov 03, 2013
Is already dark in my Area here in PHc

*Where is my Torch-ligth* and Holy Book
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by amakufrancis(m): 9:55am On Nov 03, 2013
We jass looking into it bro
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 03, 2013
Una go wait tire
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 03, 2013
I go record am
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by iamswizz(m): 9:55am On Nov 03, 2013
Make rain spoil am abeg
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by tabisegroup(m): 9:59am On Nov 03, 2013
wat time wil d tin Tek place ..wil it affect Internet n telecomz n ATM?
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by Nnewi1stSon: 10:00am On Nov 03, 2013
Lagos is still bright and blue....
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by Kingisun: 10:00am On Nov 03, 2013
JOEizu: Is already dark in my Area here in PHc

*Where is my Torch-ligth* and Holy Book
. Dude why are you telling lies now? Nobi the same Rivers state I dey so? Nawaooo

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by Polio: 10:01am On Nov 03, 2013
Fu....ck the eclipse
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by Charbless(m): 10:02am On Nov 03, 2013
Abi, dem no talk Time wey the Eclipse go take happen? Make person for ready well
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by satellitedaisy: 10:03am On Nov 03, 2013
My basin of water has been outside since yesterday so that the sun and the moon will position well B4 1pm grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by Rawpidgin(m): 10:05am On Nov 03, 2013
*come here oghenekaro, gol emeka kiosk, tell am to give u correct terminator sunshade with the 200 naira wen he dey owe me*
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by LMAyedun(m): 10:05am On Nov 03, 2013
The Sun is 100% high over here in Kogi, another sign of the eclipse.

We expect the solar eclipse by 1:05pm.
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 03, 2013
Hmmmmm
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by eluquenson(m): 10:06am On Nov 03, 2013
What time in Lagos will it happen?
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 03, 2013
Booked.
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by maryhaam(f): 10:15am On Nov 03, 2013
If e happen we go know d next step til den........am waiting
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by yankyone(m): 10:15am On Nov 03, 2013
Hia in nasarawa, d sun z 100 percent high....patiently waiting
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by JOEizu: 10:16am On Nov 03, 2013
Kingisun: . Dude why are you telling lies now? Nobi the same Rivers state I dey so? Nawaooo

U maybe @ Okrika, Rivers state
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by drey08(m): 10:19am On Nov 03, 2013
Because of
eclipse u are not goin to church,u are de
most foolish person on earth
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by pelhurmy(m): 10:20am On Nov 03, 2013
no preparations coz I dnt c it as a big deal
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by tsleazy(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2013
Wow this eclipse will make my afternoon nap smoother
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by leofab(f): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2013
We just noticed some powerful asteriods here in Warri, i guess this eclipse don't tranform Warri to Smallville... If it definitely happens then 'Trust Warri Bois' Nigerians go hear am from us... BH go fear fear sef.
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by lookmangiw(m): 10:28am On Nov 03, 2013
Thought PUNCH newspaper reported that it's going to be both partial and full eclipse.
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by astronautog(m): 10:32am On Nov 03, 2013
Me just dey with my sk and 2 naked girls waiting for the eclipse....
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by donphilopus: 10:35am On Nov 03, 2013
The cloud seems to be somehow at my area in Edo State, I was told we'd observe it by mid-night...

I don't know how true it is, because the last one occured at about 10am or so
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Solar Eclipse? by spokesboy: 10:38am On Nov 03, 2013
eluquenson: What time in Lagos will it happen?
12.50pm - 4.01pm in Lagos

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Homemade Cardboard Rc Airplane (saintsmart) / The Cosmological and Philosophical Forum / How To Activate Glo Oga Sim Data Bonus | Grab 3.5gb For #1000 Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.