Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,480 members, 7,801,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Top 10 Historical Archievements Of Usher Raymond - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 Historical Archievements Of Usher Raymond (887 Views)

Striking Resemblance Paul Okoye And Usher Raymond / Usher Raymond IV: Top 6 Nigerian Artists That Started As His Clone / In Love With Usher Raymond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Historical Archievements Of Usher Raymond by OmoUSH(m): 2:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
I can't figure out how to count Usher's numerous oustanding archeivements in music. As a passionate fan of this universal icon's music, i have decided to pay him a tribute by managing to list some 10 of his glorious archeivements in the entertainment world, which are being rivalled by only legends (Beatles, Michael Jackson). Today, new generation of artists like Neyo, Drake, Justin Timberlake, Jason Derulo, Chris Brown, Mario, Prince Royce, Trey Songz and several others are in the line of his Legacy
1. Usher, before 29, was inducted into the Georgia Music Hall of Fame.
2. His Confessions album had the first week sales for an rnb artist in history. The album was also ranked as the top solo album of the 2000s decade.
3. Usher's 2004 Yeah! pionered the world famous genre CRUNK&B.
4. Honorific Names in Music Culture-HE IS CALLED THE GODSON OF SOUL
5. Yeah! and Burn had the longest running charts of all time combined on top of the Bilboard hot 100.
6. At the end of 2009, Usher was officially declared number 1 hot artist of the 2000s decade joining the ranks of Stevie Wonder, Paul Mccartney, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Bee Gees, Marvin Garye, Mariah Carey, Maddonna and others as the top acts of previous decades.

7. Usher became the first artist in history to have four songs from one album rule the Bilboard hot 100.
8. He was also declared the number 1 musician of three consecutive decades.
9. He is one of the best selling musicians of all time.
10. His 1997 single, You Make Me Wanna, is the second longest running RnB single of all time.
++HE GIVES BACK. Usher gives back to the society through numerous charities, and through his world famous New Look Foundation which recently awarded former US president, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and some world leaders.

I hope u enjoyed yourself, nairalanders
Re: Top 10 Historical Archievements Of Usher Raymond by Illuminatus(m): 3:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
Sighs. I was about to launch into a heated but I kinda understand. You love the guy. There are people who've achieved much more. And how can he be declared the best selling artiste for three decades? He's barely older than thirty!
Re: Top 10 Historical Archievements Of Usher Raymond by OmoUSH(m): 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
Illuminatus: Sighs. I was about to launch into a heated but I kinda understand. You love the guy. There are people who've achieved much more. And how can he be declared the best selling artiste for three decades? He's barely older than thirty!
Tell me how many musicians in music history have archieved MUCH MORE than Usher. I just squeezed page to write those ten. Usher's Confessions was the longest running album of the past millenium(1000 years)!!
He is already approaching 40 though
Re: Top 10 Historical Archievements Of Usher Raymond by OmoUSH(m): 10:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
Illuminatus: Sighs. I was about to launch into a heated but I kinda understand. You love the guy. There are people who've achieved much more. And how can he be declared the best selling artiste for three decades? He's barely older than thirty!
Tell me how many musicians in music history have archieved MUCH MORE than Usher. I just squeezed page to write those ten. Usher's Confessions was the longest running album of the past millenium(1000 years)!!
He is already approaching 40 though... Yet he looks like he is already in his 50s
Re: Top 10 Historical Archievements Of Usher Raymond by OmoUSH(m): 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
He is already approaching 40 though... Yet he looks like he is already in his 50s.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Male Strippers Dancing At Tiwa Savage Bachelorette Night / Canadian Rocker Anjulie Claims Beyonce Stole Her Video Concept / Afrocandy Blasts Nigerian Sellers, Demands Them To Reduce Prices For Her Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.