Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? (39544 Views)

Alien Scare At UFO Sightings In Japan / World’s 10 Most Credible UFO Sightings / Mermaid- Real Or Not See Pix To Tell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
ighoosagie: this is 190 biggest achievement for d yr.

Bros no go run for gutter becos u made front page grin

LMAOO!!
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by iluvweed(m): 3:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
grin
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Diasporan(m): 3:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mermaids are real.Me and members of my team once sighted one in Berbice river in Guyana sometime in 2008.But this one was a black boy though with massive tail and scales all over his body.

1 Like

Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
curiouslad: Truth is a battle of perception,
When we desperately want to believe something we start to see blue as purple grin
Mermaid Ko! Vampire Ni!!
Clowns! angry

exactly!

cool
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Malachy27: 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
190: Contracted by the Iceland GeoSurvey, Dr. Schmidt and his Danish team worked on “seismic mapping and sampling of the ocean floor” to locate promising sites for oil and natural gas reserves.

At nearly 3,000 ft (1,000m) below the ocean’s surface, Dr. Schmidt reported not only seeing some interesting phenomenon, but also hearing some remarkable things. After reporting to the Iceland GeoSurvey about the strange sounds he heard when he was scanning the ocean floor, he requested to undertake an investigation, which was declined.

“We were reminded of our confidentiality agreements. And we were told we could not share our recording with anyone else,” Dr. Schmidt told journalist Jon Frankel on Animal Planet’s documentary, “Mermaids: The New Evidence.”

Dr. Schmidt ended up conducting his own investigation where he “took down two cameras on every dive, just in case we see them.” Commenting on his footage, Dr. Schmidt said Jon Frankel, “well I looked at it, and knew I was looking into the face of another intelligent species, like us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU6_gXPAUNM
all the spirits of mamiwota i say hooooooooly Ghooooooooost......... Fayaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! I dey come pls!
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
Diasporan: Mermaids are real.Me and members of my team once sighted one in Berbice river in Guyana sometime in 2008.But this one was a black boy though with massive tail and scales all over his body.

shocked shocked shocked

Apparition!
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by philfearon(m): 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
Wetin i wan ask be say:Mammy water na Mermaid?..Cuz the Mammy water i dey hear about no dey see people run away,na people dey see am run away o! Just what i have been hearing o!
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Polio: 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2013
I picked up a lady, during my wild days, who turned out to be a mermaid. I can confirm mermaids do exist.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2013
I dey look for one fine mammy water make i nyash angry angry angry
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2013
I've heard tales of a man somewhere in Brass who was taken on a ride to the city under the sea...i've heard so many stories about that............ but Why're they hiding??i think Only evil hides from being seen.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by IAMBREEZY: 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2013
Hmmm ne'er knew they exist i thought it was those fairy tale stuff.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Polio: 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
Elliotwiz1: I've heard tales of a man somewhere in Brass who was taken on a ride to the city under the sea...i've heard so many stories about that, but Why're they hiding??

You have to get to know one to find out.

I know why but i am not allowed to share the reason.

1 Like

Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
Polio:

You have to get to know one to find out.

I know why but i am not allowed to share the reason.
i also know one and why, but i won't tell you why.

1 Like

Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by vislabraye(m): 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
But why the conspiracy of silence ? Why are they trying to cover it up.
For instance some people say they've seen aliens but every government agency comes out to deny it
Now mermaid and some people say he should be quiet.
What I believe is that this mermaid is a phenomenon. What's interesting about it is that it does not pertain to a locality. Its global.
Another thing I don't know is whether there's mammy water spirit or its just physical.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by yanshless: 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2013
One mermaid was also sighted in Nigeria at the Oshun Osogbo festival...but much people couldn't see it because it was contained in a BOTTLE.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by anitank(f): 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
The second video shocked shocked
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by sultanemerald(m): 4:06pm On Nov 12, 2013
This is embarrassing. I am upset.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by homerac7: 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2013
11. Port Harcourt, Rivers State - Nigeria

A subject popularly known as Mr 190 claimed to have seen a mermaid after drinking 25 litres of local gin popularly known as "kai-kai" in local parlance. He woke up in a street gutter on following morning with his claim that the mermaids seized him from the local bar where he was having his "drink" with peppered dog meat snack, taken away to an underwater kingdom where he was given all sort of tasks to perform and deposited in the gutter at dawn.

Many locals, who are mostly superstitiousKalabari and Ijaw fishermen, were quick to tell similar stories they have heard in time past from distant lands. Although none of the villagers has witnessed such siting, it is a common belief amongst them that "mami-wata" exist.

It is learnt that Mr 190 has since then taken his "testimony" to churches, mosques, shrines, beer parlours,social gatherings, and online forums.

www.190doncrasefinally.com.

grin

3 Likes

Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by babseg(m): 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2013
For me o I don't believe in this cock and bull story.

I'm tired of hearing I saw, they saw or it was documented.

Same goes for ufo, bigfoot and yeti.

They have never captured one
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by manjiggy(m): 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
Nonsense! Why is it that only 'female' mermaids are seen and not male?. How do we know that these films aren't doctored?
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Ignatio(m): 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mami water been dey since nah.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by SirTunechi(f): 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2013
manjiggy: Nonsense! Why is it that only 'female' mermaids are seen and not male? How do we know that these films aren't doctored?
because una too like notice me
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Orikinla(m): 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
My parents saw mermaids.
My mother never lied to me.
I have known and had female friends possessed by marine spirits and they actually confessed.
I will not say more than this.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
undecided na wa for oyinbo people self. Black man don know tey tey say mammy water na comfirm fine woman with fish tail wey get supernatural power, all dis pink nose still dey jonz!

On a more serious note, ofcourse they eixst even our forefathers knew it. Few weeks back I watch this same documentary on national geographical channel. So its no news to me.

I have even seen one lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Ishilove: 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Nigga, Mikey never originated from no fuckin' ape!!

I originated as a result of mutual bedmatics consent between two married people of opposite sex, My Parents! angry

#GaddemIt! tongue

Lol. WORD cheesy
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Pain(m): 4:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mermaids are for real. I currently in a relationship with one. Shes always "wet"
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Deiok(m): 4:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
If you want to know the truth, go ask sir victor uwaifo, what tanspire between him and a mermaid

''if you you see mammy water ooo, make you nor runnaway''.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Ishilove: 4:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
Diasporan: Mermaids are real.Me and members of my team once sighted one in Berbice river in Guyana sometime in 2008.But this one was a black boy though with massive tail and scales all over his body.
That one na Pappy Water. Merman. They exist male and female and live in houses beneath the water. They live together in pairs most times and often come out at noonday. Why they prefer coming out in the afternoon remains a mystery.

1 Like

Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Coefficient(m): 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
Reminds me of the story behind Sir Victor Uwaifo's Joromi.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by babseg(m): 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mermaid ko Barmaid ni
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Ishilove: 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2013
Polio: I picked up a lady, during my wild days, who turned out to be a mermaid. I can confirm mermaids do exist.
How did you find out?
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by anitank(f): 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
Dannylux: A great percentage of the seas remain unexplored. More proofs should be anticipated!
I like people who think like you do. Some would just dismiss it and call it fake when in fact there are many activities going on under these waters that even scientists are yet to discover

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m / Rare Christmas Star Will Appear This Festive Season. Here Is Why / Paul Oloche Invents Solar-Powered Vehicle, Fighter Jet In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.