Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) (78656 Views)

10 Facts About The Sun You Probably Didn't Know / Pictures Of The Lunar Eclipse. Did You Experience It??? / Nigeria To Experience Lunar Eclipse On September 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by everyday: 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2013
Me sef i no see eclipse
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by bonetalk(m): 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2013
buoye1: It was a partial eclipse in Bauchi....lik it gonna rain!
u still dey for Bauchi? U get mind ooo
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by hyungwang(m): 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2013
koonbey: Nothing like Eclipse here in Ilorin,tho the Sun is unbelievably bright.
it was a partial eclipse in ilorin and wen i squint my eyes and viewed d sun directly what i saw was a 'cresent sun' currently i can't see very well i hope i won't end up using glasses.
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by Anniettieufia(m): 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
Eclipse , .... .....
Did it affect the bullet proof cars ?

I was not at home,
But they said the eclipse passed my compound .
Thank God it did.
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by wengerjay(m): 8:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
Nigeria Govt politicised viewing of Eclipse of the sun.Imagine young Nigerians were given/bought uniforms(Aso ebi) to view eclipse.

Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
Today's Eclipse? from an oil ship on Nigerian waters smiley

Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by whubbhey(f): 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
I saw it o, twas beautiful

Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by Iykedaprince(m): 8:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
This is the partial eclipse as experienced from Afikpo(Afilland), Ebonyi state.

Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
Black vampire: I stood under d sun 4 hours waitin 4 d eclipse..tinking dat d gods of my ancestors will deliver me from poverty....bt instead i got sun burns
Eyah! D gods of ur ancestors fooled u again. Am sory 4 u
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by DonMekino(m): 8:22pm On Nov 03, 2013
Some naija babes are like.....Wat will u buy me for the eclipse? ?? ;DSome naija babes are like.....Wat will u buy me for the eclipse? ??
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by Joe5(m): 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2013
The eclipse was actually a true prediction. I witnessed it here in eleme....Portharcourt. We had to look through water to be able to look at the sun directly.......some of us used dark spectacles since no one could look directly with bare eyes...
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by Electrowisen(m): 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
I witnessed the eclipse in my area....I thought d world was coming to an end....but thank God i was already prepared for anything that could come out of it![color=#006600][/color]
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by Electrowisen(m): 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
I witnessed the eclipse in my area....I thought d world was coming to an end....but thank God i was already prepared for anything that could come out of it!
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
Somewhere down South. Time was 2.42pm.

Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by oloriadejoke(f): 8:35pm On Nov 03, 2013
shocked shocked

Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by victorazy(m): 8:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
ayobase: BREAKING NEWS
Headlines FROM NTA:

1. Eclipse; Boko Haram claims
Responsible.

2. Don't use Eclipse to intimidate
our son... Edwin Clark tells North.

3. US to help Nigerians fight
future Eclipse. Barack Obama.

4. Nigeria Spent 500 Billion
Naira on sun shades during
Eclipse.

5. FED GOVT. set up Eclipse
monitoring committee to be
headed by Asari Dokubo.

6. GEJ: am sorry for those who cannot see the eclipse, we're on top of the mater grin

7. There were seriels of killings in the northern part of the country between muslims and christian as the result of "why the partial eclipse?"

8. Report just coming in that the traditional ruler in Benin the Edo capital has been kidnaped during the eclipse.

9. Another report coming from Awka in Anambra state is saying that a young virgin girl has been killed as a sacrifice in Okija shrine to purify the land because of the eclipse.

1 Like

Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by worth(m): 9:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
usmanktg2:
In-case d Eclipse of d sun hasn't gotten 2 where u are yet, Pls bear wit us. Its due 2 network challenges.. Text ECLIPSE to 3358--MTN(everywher u go)
grin
usmanktg2:
In-case d Eclipse of d sun hasn't gotten 2 where u are yet, Pls bear wit us. Its due 2 network challenges.. Text ECLIPSE to 3358--MTN(everywher u go)
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by Deiok(m): 9:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
This whole thing is confuse alot of nigerians, just imagine what some person are saying on newsline on NTA, that they saw the sun and the moon, deep shìt. And they said a lunar eclipes is when the Earth comes between the Sun and the Moon, not the other way round.
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by Adedayolayo(f): 9:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
koonbey: Nothing like Eclipse here in Ilorin,tho the Sun is unbelievably bright.
I also live in Ilorin and I observed partial eclipse between 2 and 4 pm today. Initially I viewed it via water in a bowl later I was given a kind of filter glasses. It was a lovely thing to behold
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by victorazy(m): 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2013
Deiok: This whole thing is confuse alot of nigerians, just imagine what some person are saying on newsline on NTA, that they saw the sun and the moon, deep shìt. And they said a lunar eclipes is when the Earth comes between the Sun and the Moon, not the other way round.
Me am confused sef.
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by macof(m): 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2013
lorettafrancis: I swear i saw it tru a bowl of water,it was a halfmoon that appeared instead of the sun,buh it was shining bright like the sun,so u couldn't have seen it by mere lukn at d sun

That means it wasn't a solar eclipse na
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by sawhite: 9:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by macof(m): 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
when is the next eclipse? I didn't see this one though I noticed a rare Brightness in my area(kubwa Abuja) but when I looked up, all I saw was the sun hurting my eyes as it was shinning normally.

But earlier the sun was so hot, I had to use umbrella when going out.
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by Fishout(m): 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
Nothing like Eclipse in Osogbo my Area bt weather changed looked like rain wanted to fall
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by haibe(m): 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2013
the sun was darkened in my area today.
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by blackrules1(m): 10:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
@ koonbey
It happened here in Ilorin between 2 and 3 pm. It was a partial one, not total darkness. I was around 'Challenge' at that time. Maybe u were indoor, and in a dark room before and while it happened.

GOD is GREAT.
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
victorazy:
Am very gud in geography during my secondary sch days but I still can't factor out the Solar eclipse, Lunar I know but Solar I don't. Plz can u explain the look when is Solar eclipse? The Sun is very far from both them and I don't know how comon moon can go behind mighty Sun to make it come between the Earth and the Moon cuz I know the Moon is following and revolving round the Earth as its satallite.
solar eclipse is when the moon comes between the sun and the earth there blocking the sunlight and casting a shadow on earth while lunar eclipse is when the earth comes between the sun and the moon there giving the moon a reddish appearance

1 Like

Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
Kaduna, through an old home video tape

Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by jidejide2(m): 10:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
The Nigeria Space Research and Development Agency (NSRDA). Are not serious, wey the Eclipse angry
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by megaomo(m): 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
usmanktg2:

‪#‎Naijagirlsbelike‬ - Baby what are you getting me for the eclipse

hahahahaha chai,abeg give her one of those ugly 3d glasses make she resemble awilo.
Re: Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) by Positiveminds(m): 10:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
Some people don't know what an eclipse looks like o. see how dem dey snap sun say na eclipse.lol!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cross River Gorillas At Mbe Mountains Captured On Camera (Photos, Video) / Indian Goat Gives Birth To ‘Humanoid Kid’ With Baby-Like Face (Pics) / Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.