Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,430 members, 7,781,254 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:20 AM

How To Survive A Lion Attack - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Survive A Lion Attack (27575 Views)

Jos Wildlife Park Lion Killed {picture} / Little Girl Rescued From A Lion’s Mouth / Caption This Picture Of A Lion And Bulls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Hbuyosh(m): 8:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
Hbuyosh: We kenyans are lucky. We're very good sprinters. You know, whenever we encounter those beasts we just take off in an amazing burst of speed, leaving the them pretty astonished.
As for a nigerian, too bad, just stand there contemplating your fate. (He he, kdn).
Okay, i was only kidding there but guys, seriously Do you watch NatGeowild? Have you ever seen what they do to such huge animals like giraffes, wildbeest etc.
You can only stand strait and stare if it is just 1. But if they are two or more, too bad, because the other one(s) will simply go round to attack from behind(and you'll keep turning round to fend them off, but they won't relent), for they know that's where you are weakest. This will go on till u get tired, they are very patient creatures. So, if accost two lions in the wild, just pray that they aint hungry and hey, they rarely prey on humans...

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by AdeniyiA(m): 8:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
king arizona: hmm... I'm off to the ZOO, make I go try am

@ op,but no vex o, what of if pesin con jam 2 Lions nkor, wetin e go do? undecidedundecidedundecided
Psalms 23 comes in handy
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 8:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
*Hands on My mouth* O MA GOSH! FRONT PAGE? I love you Mods..hahahahah cheesy

I can't help but laugh at all the comments. As for me, I will take the advice in the write-up: WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT RUN. DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK. MAINTAIN EYE CONTACT AND, SHOUT WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH!

PS: I once read of a story yearssssssss ago, on one of our newspapers of an African girl who was circumcised and was about to be married away forcefully.
She decided to run away from home and ran into the forest. After days of being lost and hungry, she sat against a tree, tired hungry and ready to die when out of nowhere, as if in answer to her prayers, a lion surfaced.
She said she was so grateful to see the lion because she knew she was about to be put out of her misery. She kept looking at the lion, in relief, while he merely walked around her, sniffing.
When he was done, he walked away. She felt disappointed.
She runs an NGO now against female circumcision.

Do not climb a tree. Lions do climb trees. They may not be experts but they do. They are not called best hunters for nothing.

If you meet more than one, make sure you do not run!!!!!!!! GOD ALMIGHTY WILL SAVE YOU.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Ryda(m): 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
DOUBLE WAHALA FOR DEAD BODY cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy sad grin grin grin
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
u think say na george of d jungle movie nai u de abino story film for me oo.....how u go say make i wave hands and shoutlols....funny kid@op
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by sunex: 8:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
nice one,I have to try dat one day,hop it works....
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by komek(m): 8:49pm On Nov 04, 2013
Nobody shud listen to this OP, he sounds like someone who trains Lions and want his Lions to eat by the way of his tips.

Its only an insane mind that will see a Lion and apply those tips.

If u see a Lion and u stay, then u must be mad. The only notable way to free from being CHOP by a lion is to Usain Bolt o.

Rubbish
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Hbuyosh(m): 8:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
sunex: nice one,I have to try dat one day,hop it works....
You don't really mean that, do you? Anyway, the tips also also work on humans. I suggest you try that on this person who is trying to intimidate you or is actually spoiling for a fight. Your upright posture, eye contact and calmness will unnerve them. I suggest you try that on your moody boss tommorow

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by AntiSerious: 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
dnt mind this op oo, when i saw a lion back in civil war days, i ran pass usian bolt,d lion did not see my brakelight but my friend akpos dat waited doing wat op said,ayaya,he's history now grin grin grin
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Hbuyosh(m): 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
komek: Nobody shud listen to this OP, he sounds like someone who trains Lions and want his Lions to eat by the way of his tips.

Its only an insane mind that will see a Lion and apply those tips.

If u see a Lion and u stay, then u must be mad. The only notable way to free from being CHOP by a lion is to Usain Bolt o.

Rubbish
You can't outrun a lion. Get real.

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by smudge2079(m): 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
@OT i pity u . am not sure u ve eva seen a lion b4.
to a lion, u are just DEER meat. may we neva meet "agbako"
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Sike(m): 8:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
Don't Worry. Just Roar like Katy Perry and see the magic.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by lorenzos1: 8:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
Imagine if a lion could read your lines..it would probably be rolling on d floor...no kill me wit lafff abeg..
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Fulaman198(m): 9:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
Hbuyosh:
You can't outrun a lion. Get real.

So true
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
Anti-Serious:
dnt mind this op oo, when i saw a lion back in civil war days, i ran pass usian bolt,d lion did not see my brakelight but my friend akpos dat waited doing wat op said,ayaya,he's history now grin grin grin
Hahahaha..
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Fulaman198(m): 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
lorenzos1: Imagine if a lion could read your lines..it would probably be rolling on d floor...no kill me wit lafff abeg..

One is sitting right next to me right now before it kills me laughing at these comments. It's thinking about how to prepare Fulani cattle herder soup.

Joking btw
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by corruptst(m): 9:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
Best tip:
1. Go down on your knees
2. Close your eyes
3. Say your last prayer

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Hbuyosh(m): 9:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
corruptst: Best tip:
1. Go down on your knees
2. Close your eyes
3. Say your last prayer
Now that would so puzzle and frighten the lion. Like what are you intending?
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by corruptst(m): 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
Best tip
1. Get down on your knees
2. Close your eyes
3. And say your last prayer
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
free2ryhme:

You post some cRap u have absolutely no knowledge and one dumb mod put dis dustbin on frontpage

Even seun osewa would not act dis cRap infRont of a caged lion let alone a live lion
Ouch!
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by pcwhiz(m): 9:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
Best tip
#1.remain calm
#2.bring out ur smart fone
#3.open ds link www.nairaland.com/1503390/how-survive-lion-attack/3
#4.show d lion ur fone, tell him to calm dwn, dt u mean no harm... #shikena ⁴/4

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 9:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
sulakishop:

abeg wetin be the title of this film?
Hahahaha
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Fulaman198(m): 9:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
pcwhiz: Best tip
#1.remain calm
#2.bring out ur smart fone
#3.open ds link www.nairaland.com/1503390/how-survive-lion-attack/3
#4.show d lion ur fone, tell him to calm dwn, dt u mean no harm... #shikena ⁴/4

Back typing with one hand here, the lion has decided to devour me slow, so I only have one arm left, I'll be back with status update if I'm still alive after this attack
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by cacius: 9:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
I am an animal lover and I love adventures too. On my first safari trip in South Africa I went to a place called lion park in Rustenberg. Is a very big place with lions every where they have the oldest males about 2 of them in one big enclosure and some wild looking lioness in another big field about 8 of them then they have some 14 months old in another place those were the friendly ones. I saw some white couples stroking their heads and I summon courage and entered the cage to play with them. I have pictures to prove it. Lions are very nice and warm animals try not to be scared when u are meet one. Here are the pics.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Fulaman198(m): 9:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
cacius: I am an animal lover and I love adventures too. On my first safari trip in South Africa I went to a place called lion park in Rustenberg. Is a very big place with lions every where they have the oldest males about 2 of them in one big enclosure and some wild looking lioness in another big field about 8 of them then they have some 14 months old in another place those were the friendly ones. I saw some white couples stroking their heads and I summon courage and entered the cage to play with them. I have pictures to prove it. Lions are very nice and warm animals try not to be scared when u are meet one. Here are the pics.

Self-deceit is nice, are you Oyibo? In America they say bears are harmless, then these same people eventually get eaten by these friendly bears.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Hbuyosh(m): 9:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
cacius: I am an animal lover and I love adventures too. On my first safari trip in South Africa I went to a place called lion park in Rustenberg. Is a very big place with lions every where they have the oldest males about 2 of them in one big enclosure and some wild looking lioness in another big field about 8 of them then they have some 14 months old in another place those were the friendly ones. I saw some white couples stroking their heads and I summon courage and entered the cage to play with them. I have pictures to prove it. Lions are very nice and warm animals try not to be scared when u are meet one. Here are the pics.
Dude, let's talk about the lions livin in the wild, not the tamed ones. Would ya dare that with them?

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by cacius: 9:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
Hbuyosh:
Dude, let's talk about the lions livin in the wild, not the tamed ones. Would ya dare that with them?
I guess u won't even dare go close to a month old cub. Wild or no wild lions are wild animal and anything can happen.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by lonelydora: 9:49pm On Nov 04, 2013
I dey laugh! RIP in advance to Whoever that wants to take this advice
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 9:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
cacius: I saw some white couples stroking their heads and I summon courage and entered the cage to play with them. I have pictures to prove it.
Aww..
That was what led to my stumbling on my main post. I saw a pix of a lady and a lion, side by side, and I was like, "What's the trick"
I still haven't found the trick though but I hey! I stumbled on the write-up haha
I am sure those lions weren't hungry. Do click on the 2nd link I provided in the main post.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by cacius: 9:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
Fulaman198:

Self-deceit is nice, are you Oyibo? In America they say bears are harmless, then these same people eventually get eaten by these friendly bears.
is not a matter of self deceit I don't have to be oyibo to do what I want to do. That's the problem with the black man mentality always afraid to explore their environment. I am an adrenaline junkie and I do things to satisfy self not anybody. I guess u will never try bungee jump or even sky diving. I love vacations and when I do I let lose myself like a child and enjoy the moment because I work hard and I play hard also. Try something unusual it might help get u outa ur shell.

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by cacius: 9:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
Incrizz:
Aww..
That was what led to my stumbling on my main post. I saw a pix of a lady and a lion, side by side, and I was like, "What's the trick"
I still haven't found the trick though but I hey! I stumbled on the write-up haha
I am sure those lions weren't hungry. Do click on the 2nd link I provided in the main post.
yea I read the link of the pregnant woman that was attacked by a lion. is very unfortunate that happened. I am going to post pics cos of u so people can see. It was taken in 2009.
Re: How To Survive A Lion Attack by Incrizz(f): 9:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
cacius: yea I read the link of the pregnant woman that was attacked by a lion. is very unfortunate that happened. I am going to post pics cos of u so people can see. It was taken in 2009.
Kk..that would be very nice smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Appliances From The Past. / Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) / We Buy Your Dead (scrap) Laptops Here In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.