Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

How To Deal With A Maid That Steals - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Deal With A Maid That Steals (10310 Views)

How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? / 23yr Old Barren Woman Steals 5-yr-old Boy In Rivers (photo) / She Wants A Maid I Don't Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by janami(f): 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2008
Our house boy steals angry Too much. And he also lies. He is about 12 but he talks and acts like a wise thief. He cannot be sent packing because his salary has been paid in advance. His mother is not ready to for go that, instead she says we should beat him seriously when he is caught stealing and lying (i dnt really ascribe to beating becos hand don dey pain me embarassed) . How does one punish a little thief ?
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Gamine(f): 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2008
Eyah, Jan.

What we did to our househelps who stole was to send them packing

but we never had anyone that young.

What are his duties in the house?
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by janami(f): 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2008
Thank u jare. he sweeps and runs errands. The boy sef tire me. The whole idea is jst for someone to be home wit my mum wen d need arises.
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Gamine(f): 1:54pm On Jul 11, 2008
That can be a major issue.

There is no one that can really monitor him.

But how come he dosnt go to school.
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by janami(f): 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2008
He doesnt like paper and biro grin. we have to force him to even count. But my mom said she will mk sure he starts with the new year, after summer school, by fire or by force. But i am thinking "he is a thief, he shld be sent away" but my mum is always trying to mk smtg good out of smtg bad
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Gamine(f): 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2008
Eyaaah.

i guess someone has to have time for him

to sit him down, talk to him, punish him.

because sending him away i think will only make him hardened

and we all want to add value to people we come in contact with.

Anyways, someone has to have time for the guy sha
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by janami(f): 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2008
you're right. thanks  smiley
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by kokoye(m): 3:05pm On Jul 11, 2008
I think you should forget what you paid in advance and send him packing.

cos no matter what, he wont stop stealing. You caught him red handed and he's still doing it.
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by lucabrasi(m): 3:38pm On Jul 11, 2008
ill advice you to get rid of him and maybe ask for an exchange,in my house they have always brough people from our hometown and the only time they made the mistake of using all these benin boys,the boy was soo quiet and gentle and stole to the extent of his parents using the proceeds to buy a brand new motorcycle and set up a business for his mum,untill an uncle who was prolly jelouse came to the house to thank them for taking care of john albeit tongue in cheek,when he was threatened with police and he started to confess they realised he had cleared enough even sometimes when they never suspected him
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by janami(f): 7:28pm On Jul 11, 2008
@kokoye
my sentiments exactly. but sadly, i cannot send him away since i am not the one paying, i can only monitor him more

@ luca
lol. that is how quiet this one is too. from cutonou. they are silent killers. An exchange is actually what i advised my mum to do, maybe 4 a girl but she was saying the girl they might bring myt be a witch. i tire o.
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by GoldFinch(m): 8:56pm On Jul 11, 2008
I'm my own maid

I can't steal from myself

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by lucabrasi(m): 9:39pm On Jul 11, 2008
the best thing is getting someone from your home town so that even if you cant exchange,the other one will keep an eye on the boy till your contract expires and also u gys should watch out for his friends or people the boy hangs out with,there are some older guys that influences and teaches these boys to steal and stuffs cause they cant get acess to your house,last time i went home we had like 4/5 househelps all from home town and apart from nprmal bush behaviours and having to speak yoruba no other complaints
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Radiant(f): 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2008
janami:

Our house boy steals angry Too much. And he also lies. He is about 12 but he talks and acts like a wise thief. He cannot be sent packing because his salary has been paid in advance. His mother is not ready to for go that, instead she says we should beat him seriously when he is caught stealing and lying (i dnt really ascribe to beating because hand don dey pain me embarassed) . How does one punish a little thief ?

Child abuse!!! Yes, child abuse!! You paid what? How much did you pay his family that you can't get over it?? your hand be hurtin now, huh? You guys couldn't find someone older?? Beating a child till your hands hurt? shocked

Stealing or not, don't make a 12 yr old your slave. How d'u have such a heart? Either you guys want to help his family and train him well or send him back to his parents and find someone older.

A 12 yr old?? Got to be a joke!!
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Gamine(f): 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2008
This Radiant girl needs to get off the sunshine and read well.

kai!

@Janami, sending him away wouldnt stop his behavior
he would go somewhere else and steal.

Id say he has to be monitored well and taught a lot of things
he is still quite young

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by manmustwac(m): 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2008
@post
the solution is very simple just chop off her hands

and i guarantee you that she won't steal again
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by GoldFinch(m): 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2008
the solution is very simple just chop off her hands
This must be a joke.
First we need to understand what he steals and why.

second, what is the use of a houseboy with no hands?

Third, if you want to fire him after cutting his hands, who will hire him? Thus, how would he provide for his family, and his future family?
He's 12, he steals, probably does not know any better but to steal for the ones he loves, so what do you do with such boy?
I don't know, but I am sure it don't involve cutting his hands off.
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Radiant(f): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2008
Gamine:

This Radiant girl needs to get off the sunshine and read well.

You definitely need to change your priest.
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Uche2nna(m): 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2008
Radiant:

You definitely need to change your priest.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Gamine(f): 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2008
What is Funny? shocked

Before they come and lock pesin thread

Back to topic,

Jan
lets know your current decision.
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Ndipe(m): 11:45pm On Jul 12, 2008
Send the boy packing. Employing him under the guise of taking care of your mother in my opinion is child abuse.
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Gamine(f): 11:49pm On Jul 12, 2008
Sending him packing is further abuse

dont you think.
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Esss(m): 12:01am On Jul 13, 2008
First of all you have a house boy in present day Nigeria?? - Thats slavery

He steals - How much do you pay him?? - Let me guess (Minimum wage) 7000 naira a month

He lies - He who is without sin cast the first stone.

If he is so bad send him packing.
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Esss(m): 12:08am On Jul 13, 2008
I almost forgot.

12 years of age?? shocked shocked shocked

You should be in jail for child labour and abuse.

Thats 15 - 20 years in federal accomodation
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 13, 2008
There is no kid that cannot be reformed. Flogging him like your pet for flogging practice is unfair.
So many people take their positions in life for granted.

Modern day slave owners and yet their hands are the highest in the house of Gawd.
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by SeanT21(f): 12:15am On Jul 13, 2008
You got a 12 year old maid. WTF!!
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by LadyT(f): 12:21am On Jul 13, 2008
Why in Gods name people keep children as maids is beyond me.  After slaving away all day how will he have time to read relax and be a bloody child?

You have no love for him so there is no way you would disciple him in a loving way.

Your a greedy person your only concern is the money you have spent on him a child you keep as a slave and you don't send to school.

Theres only one thief I see here.
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by GoldFinch(m): 12:24am On Jul 13, 2008
LadyT, you've said it all.

exactly.
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Gamine(f): 12:25am On Jul 13, 2008
I just knew the pack would get here sad

They are sending the boy to school, cant u people read!

he is not a slave, haba!
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by rubi(f): 12:26am On Jul 13, 2008
LadyT:

Why in Gods name people keep children as maids is beyond me. After slaving away all day how will he have time to read relax and be a bloody child?

You have no love for him so there is no way you would disciple him in a loving way.

Your a greedy person your only concern is the money you have spent on him a child you keep as a slave and you don't send to school.

Theres only one thief I see here.

nice input
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Esss(m): 12:29am On Jul 13, 2008
Gamine:

I just knew the pack would get here sad

They are sending the boy to school, can't u people read!

he is not a slave, haba!

A 12 year old child is in need of care and attention and is not in any position to be caring for anybody.

If he is not a slave?? then what do you call it??
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Gamine(f): 12:33am On Jul 13, 2008
But my mom said she will mk sure he starts with the new year, after summer school, by fire or by force.
She said he runs errands and sweeps.

my 10yr old sister could do the same

i dont know why you people want to pop ur arteries on this!!!
Re: How To Deal With A Maid That Steals by Esss(m): 12:41am On Jul 13, 2008
Gamine:

She said he runs errands and sweeps.

my 10yr old sister could do the same

i don't know why you people want to pop your arteries on this!!!

Errands you say!! Let me guess, washing dishes, sweeping the entire house, dusting, cleaning, taking the trash out, preparing meals, laundry and is still expected to read and at the same time be a kid.

Puleeze.

What is the standard of education they are offering?? public schools were there is basically little or no teaching done abi??

I believe shes older than the kid, why cant she do those chores at the same time go to school, get paid and still have time to spend chatting on Nairaland.

Abeg lets call a spade a spade and a 12 year old houseboy, a slave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Protect Your Baby Boy From Becoming A Homosexual / My Husband Refuses To Tell Me About His Secret "Woman" Friend / Help! With This type Of Tenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.