Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Peter Obi Security Aides Fired Gunshots That Cause The Stampade-ifeanyi Uba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Security Aides Fired Gunshots That Cause The Stampade-ifeanyi Uba (1224 Views)

Police Withdraw Tompolo’s Security Aides / Sporadic Gunshots At Daleko, Isolo Road (Pictures) / Inspector General Of Police Restores Tambuwal’s Security Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Security Aides Fired Gunshots That Cause The Stampade-ifeanyi Uba by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 04, 2013
PETER OBIS' SECURITY AIDES FIRED THE
GUNSHOTS THAT CAUSED THE CHURCH STAMPEDE
AT UKE, DEATH TOLL RISE TO 50- IFEANYI UBA
Dr. Ifeanyi Patrick Ubah, the Labour Party
candidate in the Anambra state elections has
condoled Catholic Archbishop of Onitsha and
the people of Uke, especially the Catholic
church there, whose members must have
formed the majority of persons who were
adoring God Almighty in a night vigil before
the All Progressive Grand Alliance party visited
them with the may-hem that left about 30
worshipers dead and stunned the entire
Anambra state, Nigeria and indeed the world
at large. Ifeanyi Uba Ifeanyi Uba Dr. Ubah is
the Labour Party (LP) flag- bearer for the
Anambra state gubernatorial elections. The
out-going Anambra Governor Peter Obi had
gone to the Uke vigil ground to campaign for
his godson Willie Boy Obiano and the
gunshots of their security details either killed
or caused a stampede or both which resulted
in the truly avoidable deaths of innocent
citizens. Dr. Ubah who described the deaths
as “horrendous” said that the tragedy was
heightened simply because it was totally
avoidable – if only the worshipers were
allowed to hold their night vigil in peace.
Instead, the Friday vigil at Uke was forced to
become a campaign ground – even at an
“ungodly” hour for politics. People who came
together to pray were being forced to listen
to party political campaign. Ubah said that “all
people of good conscience and goodwill must
condemn this tragedy at Uke where people
who had gone to seek the face of God, and
probably pray for Anambra state and Nigeria,
were visited with death just because the
APGA party, which was re- elected in Anambra
state four years ago decided last Friday to
change its style of giving death by slow
motion through bad governance, to death on
the fast lane – resulting in this tragedy of
great proportions. According to reports,
disaster was far from the vigil grounds at Uke
until the out-going Governor Peter Obi and
the party’s flag-bearer for this month’s
gubernatorial election in Anambra state, Mr
Willie Obiano arrived there. As though
nothing is sacred anymore, they began to
replace the word of God in the vigil with their
insensitive, ridiculous and blundering politics.
Ubah said that the recriminations and varying
reports between eye witnesses and APGA’s
spokesmen would not be enough to throw
light on this atrocity. He said: “This is why I
am calling on the Federal Government to as a
matter of urgency institute a Judicial Panel to
ascertain and punish whoever caused the
deaths of those innocent Anambrarians. This
matter must not be swept under the carpet. I
will not allow it but I will fight to see that
justice is done and the deaths of the innocent
worshipers of the Almighty God in Uke is
properly looked into, the guilty punished and
due compensation must be paid to the
families of the deceased. The lives of Anambra
peope will never again be snuffed out with
no questions asked and the merchants of
death will never again be allowed to go
unpunished. According to Ubah, if over 30
worshipers died on the spot and many more
could have died in the hospitals or in the
quiet of their homes, then the fatality figure
would surely be more than 50. Dr. Ubah called
the fatality number truly “horrendous”. He
urged all Nigerians to join him in condemning
“church politics”, but most especially he called
on the Federal Government to “as a matter of
urgency set up a panel to probe the may-
hem, determine its cause, the actual number
of those that died, punish those responsible
for the deaths, and compensate the families
of the bereaved. Anambra’s Governor Obi
lacks the moral standing to probe the
mayhem because he cannot be a judge in his
own case; he and his godson Willie Boy
Obiano are the accused persons here, and in
this case where dozens of human lives are
involved, there must be no sacred cows ”
Ubah concluded.
Re: Peter Obi Security Aides Fired Gunshots That Cause The Stampade-ifeanyi Uba by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 04, 2013
different version of the cause
Re: Peter Obi Security Aides Fired Gunshots That Cause The Stampade-ifeanyi Uba by MOHPHETH: 8:22am On Nov 04, 2013
Now we see how desperate our politicians can be to get power. UBAH was not there,neither was Chris Ngige but they are now blaming the Governor for the deaths. Even Lai Mohammed has also blamed the governor.
my questions
1.did any of these men asked the survived victims their own version of the story.?
2.have they heard from the head of the organization to know his own side of the story ?
There is a possibility it may be a sabotage or
it might also be a commotion that could not be traced to anything but had a chain reaction that led to the ugly event.Whatever it is Lets just give some time as the victims recover to tell their stories then we can draw conclusions.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Security Aides Fired Gunshots That Cause The Stampade-ifeanyi Uba by BrokenTV: 8:32am On Nov 04, 2013
Ifeduba how much did ngige pay you to be spraying lies on nairaland where you there when it happened, am only sorry for the people you are deceiving here who are not present in anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Security Aides Fired Gunshots That Cause The Stampade-ifeanyi Uba by oboy3(m): 8:48am On Nov 04, 2013
meanwhile umeh and obi are busy claiming ngige caused the stampede,now ifeanyi has cut their lies short,fact is that obi has killed more igbos than any single person ever,but i dont trust nigeria the truth would soon be swept under the carpet ones gmgs changes hands

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Security Aides Fired Gunshots That Cause The Stampade-ifeanyi Uba by clun(f): 8:57am On Nov 04, 2013
@op your source.
Re: Peter Obi Security Aides Fired Gunshots That Cause The Stampade-ifeanyi Uba by MOHPHETH: 9:29am On Nov 04, 2013
o'boy:
meanwhile umeh and obi are busy claiming ngige caused the stampede,now ifeanyi has cut their lies short,fact is that obi has killed more igbos than any single person ever,but i dont trust nigeria the truth would soon be swept under the carpet ones gmgs changes hands
DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAID OR JUST CAMPAIGN STRATEGY?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Security Aides Fired Gunshots That Cause The Stampade-ifeanyi Uba by oboy3(m): 10:35am On Nov 04, 2013
MOHPHETH:
DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAID OR JUST CAMPAIGN STRATEGY?
you are really funny o,So i should suppress the obvious truth becaue election is near?
Re: Peter Obi Security Aides Fired Gunshots That Cause The Stampade-ifeanyi Uba by gerald09(m): 12:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
I also believe the church should be blamed as well, with such massive crowed the would have spent money on ensuring a crown control management team, dats y in concerts u get people dat ensure safety. Everyone keeps blaming everyone, technically No ones to blame but d church, if they carried out d necessary safety procedure. What if there was actually a fire or gun shots or ABGA/APC thugs.
Re: Peter Obi Security Aides Fired Gunshots That Cause The Stampade-ifeanyi Uba by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 06, 2013
I'm very sorry i don't like APC, but the truth is Obi has handed over the state to Ngige on a platter.

It's a pity really,it's annoying too, but it is the truth.

Obi should stop playing nonsensical politics. YOU DON'T CAMPAIGN AT NIGHT!, YOU DON'T!.

If i were Obiano, i'll simply withdraw from race, it's becoming too bloody for the career banker. Obiano is unpopular. He even failed woefully at the debate.
He should have facts and figures at his fingertips since he is linked to the incumbent.....but he kept on stuttering and stammering throughout the debate.
This is a death sentence to APGA in Anambra. It's sad.
Obiano will not have my vote. We don't know him!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Security Aides Fired Gunshots That Cause The Stampade-ifeanyi Uba by Tittos: 9:37am On Nov 06, 2013
MOHPHETH: Now we see how desperate our politicians can be to get power. UBAH was not there,neither was Chris Ngige but they are now blaming the Governor for the deaths. Even Lai Mohammed has also blamed the governor.
my questions
1.did any of these men asked the survived victims their own version of the story.?
2.have they heard from the head of the organization to know his own side of the story ?
There is a possibility it may be a sabotage or
it might also be a commotion that could not be traced to anything but had a chain reaction that led to the ugly event.Whatever it is Lets just give some time as the victims recover to tell their stories then we can draw conclusions.
And this same governor without asking the survived victims called a press conference to blame Chris Ngige for what happened just because a group of people were shouting Ngige when he was campaigning in church.Wether it was Peter Obi that caused the stampede or not. The Governor had no reason to go to a night vigil and mount the pulpit for any reason whatsoever. If he wants to relay a message to the people of anambra he should do that through the right channel.. If he goes to church then he should remain quiet and worship God like every other person in the congregation and leave the talking for the priest alone..
Re: Peter Obi Security Aides Fired Gunshots That Cause The Stampade-ifeanyi Uba by Kulas: 10:28am On Nov 06, 2013
We all should call spade a spade and stop these nonsense.I mentioned in my last post that i was pro-Obi(APGA) before simply because i am a proponents of zoning to Anambra North,but since i begin to observe how Obi has turned this Anambra Election into a do or die affair just because of Ngige's popularity and that he is afraid of Ngige,then i changed my mind and turned my back to APGA and embrace Ngige even though i never nothing to do with APC as party but their candidate(Ngige).Last time they(APGA-Obi) accused Ngige and his thugs of beating a Rev.father,not quite long,the Rev.father cleared the air,that nobody beat him.Is this not a planned deal from APGA just to tarnish and dent Ngige's image.Now the Uke stampede.
Before now,has Obi been attending virgil to the said place?,why now if not for political campaigning?.Doesnt Obi know that before now all the things he promised to do for that church(Indirect Campaigning)that they have been lacking it for long?.Who said that Obi was given an invitation?,yet he went there with his party members.Lets stop this rubbish of hidding the truth.For sure Obi went there for campaign.Church should not be combined with politics.Anambra state has more than 70% catholics and he(Obi) believe that he can win some catholics votes by going there.This is very bad.Ngige is the most popular candidate,and Obi is afraid of him.Why cant Obi leave Ngige alone,what is written is written.Ngige is never a money bag politicians,people just like him,so its his destiny.Enough of these Obi do or die politics.Now look at the innocents souls that left their respective houses to go and worship in the house of God,only for them to meet their untimely death.Its very bad.I personally is not happy with Peter Obi and his cohorts,and he supposed to be brought to book.We must call spade a spade!.
Re: Peter Obi Security Aides Fired Gunshots That Cause The Stampade-ifeanyi Uba by kingbang: 11:50am On Nov 06, 2013
Kulas: We all should call spade a spade and stop these nonsense.I mentioned in my last post that i was pro-Obi(APGA) before simply because i am a proponents of zoning to Anambra North,but since i begin to observe how Obi has turned this Anambra Election into a do or die affair just because of Ngige's popularity and that he is afraid of Ngige,then i changed my mind and turned my back to APGA and embrace Ngige even though i never nothing to do with APC as party but their candidate(Ngige).Last time they(APGA-Obi) accused Ngige and his thugs of beating a Rev.father,not quite long,the Rev.father cleared the air,that nobody beat him.Is this not a planned deal from APGA just to tarnish and dent Ngige's image.Now the Uke stampede.
Before now,has Obi been attending virgil to the said place?,why now if not for political campaigning?.Doesnt Obi know that before now all the things he promised to do for that church(Indirect Campaigning)that they have been lacking it for long?.Who said that Obi was given an invitation?,yet he went there with his party members.Lets stop this rubbish of hidding the truth.For sure Obi went there for campaign.Church should not be combined with politics.Anambra state has more than 70% catholics and he(Obi) believe that he can win some catholics votes by going there.This is very bad.Ngige is the most popular candidate,and Obi is afraid of him.Why cant Obi leave Ngige alone,what is written is written.Ngige is never a money bag politicians,people just like him,so its his destiny.Enough of these Obi do or die politics.Now look at the innocents souls that left their respective houses to go and worship in the house of God,only for them to meet their untimely death.Its very bad.I personally is not happy with Peter Obi and his cohorts,and he supposed to be brought to book.We must call spade a spade!.

What did you smoke son? Pass that ish!

(1) (Reply)

Tukur, Tambuwal, PDP Govs, Others Meet Over Defection / I Will Fix Nigeria If Elected President- Rochas Okorocha / Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Rejects Alternative Airlift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.