Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google (43448 Views)

Revealed- Get To The Top Of Google Search Results In 30 Days / 5 + 1 Reasons To Buy An Android Tablet / What Do You Think Of Google's Crazy Project--balloon-powered Internet Access. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by logica(m): 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2013
Elliotwiz1: 3-A Google programmer accidentally blocked off every website in the Google index for an hour!
Google has programmers whose job is to block websites with malware. They do their work by entering dangerous websites into a registry for Google to block. The computer than warns users of the dangers of accessing such a site, and won’t let them on the site.
Basically, once a website is on Google’s malware registry, no one will ever see the site again. The problem came when one of programmers entered just a slash into the registry (/). As you will notice, every website address contains slashes because they are pretty much the punctuation of web addresses.
Since the slash was on the registry every website in the Google index was blocked including Google websites. It was a horrible mistake that, in effect, stopped the Internet for working for 55 minutes until programmers fixed the error. Google quickly admitted their mistake and apologized for the error.
Few remembered it after that sad, Internet-free morning in 2009. It does show, however, how huge a problem the slightest error can make. It only takes a small detail to completely derail the Internet! http://www.cracked.com/article_19519_5-tiny-computer-glitches-that-caused-huge-disasters.html
This could have been easily avoided.
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by jayAjoku(m): 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
good one poster google should be feared coz when time for the great tribulation comes they will be like the search and destroy team no one will be able to hide from them .. So be careful
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by tlops(m): 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
Bossforeva: The lord knows i'll never ride on that car with that huge pole that looks like a television station mast on it

That is not correct! That is not correct.
smiley
There are no masts on d cars. They were parked at a charging point.
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by logica(m): 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
wman:

Impossible. Its illegal. There's what we call a privacy right.
Ha ha. Yet Google helps their own government (US) eh?
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by AyoolaAwizzy(m): 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
omo....this is too long joor...i did'nt even finish reading it.
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
It's simple, really. Google has been taken
over by cats. Hence the underground lair.
Once all cats have been accounted for, it is
game over for humans and maybe dogs.
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Youngzedd(m): 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ok Ooo.

We started from the bottom now we are here.

Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by wEsOmE(m): 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
Hmmmm.. So dis are d reasons eeehhh..? Reasonless reasons.. Once Google no dey Bomb Y I go fear dem...? I advice dem to Fear Me sef.. Cos dey dnt knw wat I can do.. But I knw wat dey can do..
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Adex097: 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
pringles2:
I don't agree, cos am sure there is a privacy policy that the user must have consented to.

L0L...don't mind them...they find it difficult to read T & Cs
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Adex097: 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ayoola Awizzy: omo....this is too long joor...i did'nt even finish reading it.

Don't be lazy man...readers are leaders
cool
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Brynelo: 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
ochallo: Google runs the world.
who says??
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Rottenegg1: 4:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
Goldenheart: Na so e long reach...
Anyway thanks for the info. We will now be fear★
like WTF bro
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
hehehe the page hits front page at last... PHCN don make me dey sleep all day .. grin
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by ajasa4link: 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
Goldenheart: Na so e long reach...
Anyway thanks for the info. We will now be fear★
we will now be fear bawo?....Choi English don die for ur hand

Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
cumpaddre: I still haven't seen what I should be scared of
Beennkumar: Where are the 9 reasons that'll actually make me scared?undecided
cumpaddre: I still haven't seen what I should be scared of
maybe you didn't read through the lines, point 1 talks about a computer programme that thinks like a human brain, imagine that this computer programme just decides to delete important files on the internet.... The driverless car is operated by data from the internet, imagine that the computer programme decides to control the car, imagine the disaster...
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Ryda(m): 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ok as from today am scared of google... angry
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
Bobosky123: Damn its not just a nice post..This should get u all thinking about how global the world is. But if its true then why don't the Federal Govt have a deal with google, so as to help with our insecurity crisis?
what kind of deal? Hehe please explain...tracking down bokoharam abi cheesy
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Ishilove: 4:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
Elliotwiz1: 8-The Google Maps satellite image of Fairfield College in New Zealand shows a pair of enormous joysticks burnt into its grass!
The lawn artwork was the result of a prank performed by a pair of students with weed killer back in May 2009. The deed was done over a weekend, so the perpetrators were never caught and once the 40-foot phalluses were discovered, it was too late to do anything! The school’s principal used more herbicide to kill ALL the grass and hide the giant Instruments, but it took months for the lawn dongs to be hidden completely. As luck would have it, the massive members were photographed by Google Maps’ satellites later that year and the practical joke has been immortalized on the Internet for all to see! http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110874-Giant-Wang-Penetrates-Google-Maps
Lol. Nasty shidren. Iran jatijati cheesy cheesy
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
lastmessenger: I perfectly understand why palestine is first in the countries that search for the world sex.you see their women gets married at a very early stage maybe 11 12 or 13 and they are made to sit in the house.if the are to got out, they must cover everywhere leaving only 2 holes for their eyes to see. Oh poor boys looking for a way to have a better view of what a woman looks like.GOOGLE thank you for helping them out.
funny enough, some islamic countries are planning to ban the use of the internet by females... They do all this just to keep the females away from the males, but The desire of a human cannot be stopped..
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
Truly this is something to worry about...The movies are actually coming to pass..Signs of the end time
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Rickybel(m): 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nice post
#1 puts the movies Minority Report and Eagle Eye into perspective
Imagine the computer with the human brain going rogue,we'll be in a whole lot of trouble
*sigh* technology and its evils.
All we need now are advanced robots like in the I Robots films or the sorts and Terminator will become reality
Humans will be the endangered species on this planet.
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by HARDDON: 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
10 steps aheada them all!

and they are just beginning!

Op, tittle show read: 9 reasons why All business men should learn the google way
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
And believe me you it's gonna happen..By then i'd be thinking of having my third leg
Rickybel: Nice post
#1 puts the movies Minority Report and Eagle Eye into perspective
Imagine the computer with the human brain going rogue,we'll be in a whole lot of trouble
*sigh* technology and its evils.
All we need now are advanced robots like in the I Robots films or the sorts and Terminator will become reality
Humans will be the endangered species on this planet.
And believe me you it's gonna
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by africapunch: 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
Good job !!! Googlett! smiley
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by wonlasewonimi: 5:40pm On Nov 05, 2013
Pakistani are seeking for more information. You know how many Nigerians google skelewu everyday?
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
Beaf!:

^Even if they happen to be the ONLY cars around in 2040? grin
i'll rather ride on a camel!
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
Bossforeva: i'll rather ride on a camel!
just tell us you envy the fulani nomads who walk from kano to Lagos and you wish to be like them. cheesy
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
tlops:

That is not correct! That is not correct.
smiley
There are no masts on d cars. They were parked at a charging point.
Even if, that's not want am buying car for. Am not gonna buy a car that when indicates "Battery low",like Blackberry battery will make me wandering about, looking for charging point. Especially in the case we and Nepa is facing in this country.
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
Elliotwiz1: just tell us you envy the fulani nomads who walk from kano to Lagos and you wish to be like them. cheesy
you should have asked me how many times i did that in my tokunbo donkey!
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2013
Bossforeva: you should have asked me how many times i did that in my tokunbo donkey!
seriously, this driverless car won't work on Nigerian roads, imagine all the pot holes and traffic jam. But It's a thousand times better than a car driven by a drunk driver.
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by EdDave(m): 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
If only you guys knew the capability of the human brain, you'd know that we are capable of doing ANYTHING. So Google been in everyone s pocket, diary or safe? It was just a matter of time. And Google is the 'devil' we know. Wat abt the others that are secret?
To express shock at been spied on by the US shows your ignorance @ the world s scientific evolution.
If you really want something hidden, forget everything electronic!! Cars, cellphones, computers, ATMs, TVs, radios,
EVERYTHING!

That will be just the beginning.
Re: 9 Reasons To Be Scared Of Google by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 05, 2013
dz world sef na confirm global village choi!! i tink say na only God dae c us.. but google una ft help naija map out wer al her mone dae hide?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blood Moon Total Lunar Eclipse Coming This Sunday (Photos) / 15-Year-Old Ikechukwu Divine Oramike Designs Working Models Of Luxury Cars / Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.