Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

I See Things Others Do Not See... - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I See Things Others Do Not See... (139737 Views)

I See Things Others Do Not See (2) / I See Things Others Do Not See / The Future I See For Myself...(a Shot Article) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nimen(m): 10:40am On Nov 20, 2013
Owkay... You're one of a kind Royver ride on sir **I duff ma hat for you**
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by fobit(f): 10:50am On Nov 20, 2013
wow.....this so splendid,i love the twist.waiting for the next update.you are now one of my favourite authors on nairaland.i love your type of story,supernatural stories,i get addicted to them quickly and am beginning to get addicted to your story.

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nuges11(m): 11:47am On Nov 20, 2013
Royver the writer....you are a genius, you. The plot, the twists, impeccable. Although I'd have loved Chuks to stay mad for just a little while longer, was really enjoying his hilarious display of 'vulturic' madness till his dad came and spoiled the whole show grin. Besides, was that sunday not supposed to mark the end of his relationship with Nena? How will that happen now that he has regained...... In fact, I don't even want to think of what will happen next, you do the thinking and writing while I do the reading and enjoyingcheesy

princesa:

Am also curious as to when you'd thrill us with a story of urs... tongue

Soonest my lady smiley

princesa:

And don't think I've forgotten the card you owe me, plus am not coming to Abule Muwonleru! angry

Lmao....so you still remembercheesy oya gimme your address so I'll personally hand-deliver the card to you grin

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by ekolina(m): 12:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
well dne paly, i wish i could write mehn
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
Just when he thought he had woke up from a dream, was exactly when a dream started. Damn! That was one hell of a technique.

Thumbs up bro.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Ishilove: 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
It seems Chukwudi the stronger is the real man. It is the embodiment of the gift the hero carries. The first time he manifested this side of his power, he was six years old and he hasn't used that part of him until when his father summoned it up. So that is why that part seems forever suspended in that time frame. That aspect of his power has lain within him, lying fallow, that is why when Chuks comes face to face with The Stronger, he meets him in a slumber. The power has been lying there for many years, waiting to arise again. There was no need for him because Pachios was always there, but now that the angel is AWOL, The Stronger has to take charge again .

Brilliant, Roy darling, absolutely brilliant!! This is how Stephen King started smiley

I have a feeling that the story is just starting proper. I am all eyes grin

Remember to keep absolute control of the plot, make it tight, don't leave any loose ends, and for goodness sakes, no matter what, don't be pressured into rushing any update because it will spoil the quality of your work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Ishilove: 1:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
You know, Roy, I find it quite ironic that Chuks's father who doesn't have any special power was able to quickly discern that Mr A*** was not quite what he was pretending to be, while Chuks, the 'gifted' one fell flat on his face. Ironic.

It reinforces the truth in the proverb that says that what our parents can see sitting down, we can't see it even if we climb the top of a tree.

7 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by DEllaluv(f): 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
u r rili gifted Roy
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 20, 2013
kissroyver. Where have you been all this while??this is certainly different from the kind of stories we read herem this is a helluva different turn WOW! Following you like flies cheesy

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by emma4eva(m): 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
I have read stories on NL without commenting but yours deserves praises... You are GOOD... "Chukwudi the Stronger" ... that input blew me away, keep up the awesome work sir...k.s

2 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by MsSpaqs(f): 5:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nice one Kumulus.I think you should open your own thread smiley
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Meklex(m): 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
Royver, mehn!, Good piece.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Wealthyone: 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2013
I'm a n/ew member here but an old visitor. Nice one Mr Royver, I'm now glued to nairaland cos of ur piece.
@Kumulus, what do u mean by Ibadan english///accent.......abeg no dey insult ibadan pple. Watch ur tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by DEllaluv(f): 8:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
Roy do na

kumulus,strt ur own story na,we(I)'ll rush dia to read
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Ishilove: 10:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
Kumulus, your post is very unbecoming. Please edit it and open a new thread for it. This is Royver's thread and the post is completely offtopic
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by chycoroxie(f): 10:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ishilove: Kumulus, your post is very unbecoming. Please edit it and open a new thread for it. This is Royver's thread and the post is completely offtopic
Seconded

2 Likes

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by kumulus(m): 10:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ms Spaqs: Nice one Kumulus.I think you should open your own thread smiley

Thanks ma'am,

@Ms Spaqs and Ella,
thinking in that direction as well
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by kumulus(m): 10:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
Wealthyone: I'm a n/ew member here but an old visitor. Nice one Mr Royver, I'm now glued to nairaland cos of ur piece.
@Kumulus, what do u mean by Ibadan english///accent.......abeg no dey insult ibadan pple. Watch ur tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Sorry if you feel offended but then it was supposed to be a kinda joke........moreover, I'm moving there soon gan
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by kumulus(m): 10:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ishilove: Kumulus, your post is very unbecoming. Please edit it and open a new thread for it. This is Royver's thread and the post is completely offtopic

'unbecoming'?.......... thanks for the criticism anyways..... I never intended to derail Roys thread, I was gonna commend him and I found myself typing a story. Inspiration came from reading his.

Thanks again, promise not to go off topic again.......BTW where's Uncle Roy.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by kumulus(m): 10:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
chycoroxie:
Seconded

Taken
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by princesa(f): 11:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
You never know what you can do until you try, patience, perseverance and resilience being ur watchword, weldone Roy.

@nugess11
now you're talking! a debt is a debt, PM things on my mind wink
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Ishilove: 11:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
kumulus:

'unbecoming'?.......... thanks for the criticism anyways..... I never intended to derail Roys thread, I was gonna commend him and I found myself typing a story. Inspiration came from reading his.

Thanks again, promise not to go off topic again.......BTW where's Uncle Roy.
Uncle Roy? Nigga puhleeze!

1 Like

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by ARareGem(f): 11:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
Okay...
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Eagleangel(f): 11:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
wow
so so captivating, I just luv this story
I can't wait for tomorrow update

following bumpers to bumper
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 21, 2013
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 1:14am On Nov 21, 2013
Stånd: grin. I see you Royver. How has your day been? Are you updating tonight?
Just came in a while ago and decided to have a peek into the room grin Will definitely update smiley
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 1:27am On Nov 21, 2013
Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments! Was super busy today and had to complete my other projects hence the delay in today's update. The next three weeks are going to be exceedingly busy for me so i may not be able to update as often as i previously did, so i crave your indulgence and patience i.e make una no vex abeg. grin
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 1:29am On Nov 21, 2013
Yanenwen: shocked[i][/i]
shocked Royver, pls, can yu contact mi via mail *Junkylena@yahoo.com* or tru FB *Helena Nelson: m.facebook.com/yanenwen*...
This is serious business.
Cant wait for the concludinq part of this story.
If ah wasnt in a relationship ehn, ai for date yu :p[color=#000000][/color]

hello Yanenwen, I see you oh smiley Ca we talk?
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Royver(m): 1:50am On Nov 21, 2013
[size=14pt]The conversation.[/size]
“We need to talk.”

“What?” he asked, not looking down.

Chuks the stronger held me by the hand as he flew effortlessly back towards what I could only fathom would be my head. When he said "Let’s go", I had thought I would suddenly wake up sane,but apparently things weren’t going to work out that way. He had simply held me by the hand and with a mighty jump, we were headed back the way I had fallen. I watched him and marveled at his confidence, even though he looked like a six year old I knew that spirit wise he was probably much older and more skilled than I was. He was me in my simplest, purest form,undiluted,unspoilt by the logic that was the world. It was exhilarating to see this my other self, so full of confidence,so sure of himself. But watching him, watching the way he headed back to consciousness with glee, I suddenly felt worried.

“Who will I be?”

“Eh?" Chuks said, still not looking down, the force of his upward acceleration seemed to be making it difficult for him to hear me, like trying to strike a conversation with someone riding a bike swiftly against the wind.

“Wait, STOP!” I shouted. And he did. Chuks the stronger put on the brakes mid air and stood standing on nothing,
looking at me. I still hung from his hand and struggled about.

“Why don’t you stand?" said chuks the stronger.

“Where?!” I gasped, looking round.

“Anywhere!!" Said chuks. "It’s your mind, after all.”

I still struggled about a bit, not understanding how chuks was standing mid air. “I don’t get it!" I said, "how do you stand on...”

“Just stand!” chuks said.

And I did. I looked into his eyes and became calm. I imagined my feet on solid ground and hey presto! I was standing. I didn’t look down though.
Chuks the younger was looking up at me with scorn, if such a thing was possible. I ignored him and looked around me for a while. “So this is inside my body,huh?” I asked.

“Its just your imagination” Chuks replied.”if I were to pinpoint our exact location it would most likely be our brain. We’ll be at our consciousness very soon.

“Yeah…I wanted to talk to you about that.” I said. “Who will I be?”

“I don’t understand…” Chuks said

“Will I be me or you?” I asked. “When we regain consciousness, who will be in charge?”

Chuks grinned again. “I will.” He said, and laughed when he saw the look on my face.”I am you! A lost part of you. I’m definitely not going to take over. We are one, you and I. it will be like waking up from a dream and remembering something you had long forgotten, although...” and here he eyed me pointedly, “ it seems as if you have forgotten a lot. What happened to you?”

“Nothing!” I said defensively. “I remember most of my childhood, I do. Okay, maybe I stopped using my gift a lot during the time I was growing up and I lost a lot of, er… skills in the process, but I did it so we...so I...could appear normal. You don’t understand the way they looked at me the first time I came to school, how I was constantly bullied for being weird or put at the back of the class for saying things that weren’t there! I had to…adjust. And besides father says the reason I couldn’t remember you or rather your gift is because I did something, removed something from him and mum and-”

“I extracted a lust creature, yes I know. I was there remember? I was too young physically at the time and the energy I expended was too much for my little body, but now I am a man! Think of the things I could do! I can really rock and roll when I get back!”

“Rock and roll? Who says… never mind. What I want to know is how did I remove that demon and how do I handle this one? ”

Chuks sighed. For a young boy, he exhibited a lot of adult mannerisms. And I noticed that somehow he was getting older. The more we talked the more he seemed to age; right now he looked more like a teenager. I wasn’t sure if he was aware of this but decided to keep mute about it. He grabbed me by the hand suddenly and we were off again.

“You see creatures not of this realm right?” he said. “do you talk to them?”

“only the people.” I replied trying to hold on.

“Well, have you tried talking to a creature before?”

“I try not to.” I said, “I don’t want to get involved in too much stuff. Trying to stay n….”

“Normal, yeah, I get it.” He said. “Well you have five senses don’t you? You see, smell, taste, hear and feel. Have you ever considered doing that in the spiritual realm as well?”

I hadn’t thought of it. Of course I had made contact with one or two manifestations, my previous landlady, a small greed demon I had chased out of my bosses room so I could submit an assignment in peace, Pachios himself…but I had never really delved into interacting so much.

“Well, not really, it makes me uncomfortable.” I said.

“No chuks” chuks replied. “it makes you afraid. Fear is a barrier to so many things beyond the veil. It makes you second guess yourself, it makes you have friends you don’t need and enemies you can’t afford. Our FATHER from before the veil made us Dominators, Conquerors. But as soon as we pass through the veil we are distracted by the noise of this little earth and by the shiny things man has made for his pleasure, and we forget it all. I came through with my memories of the other side as a baby. I didn’t come through with only my sight. And yet even I that have been in slumber for so many years, even I have forgotten so much. But I am still a child, and a child does not think of fear or impossibilities. Things only become impossible when you stop to think about them. “

I was quiet. I felt him now more than ever, like I was the one talking and holding him by the hand instead of the other way around.

“We are nearly there.” He said and looked down at me. He was smiling. I smiled back and suddenly we were in another room. Just like that, no door, no entrance, nothing. But this room didn’t feel peaceful like the one I had found him sleeping in. it felt tumultuous, frenzied, and I heard whispers, whispers which grew into babbling, incoherent, continuous babbling. I looked for the source and when I couldn’t see it I asked chuks the stronger “Where is it?”

“Where do you want it to be?” he replied and he looked ahead. I did too and sure enough I saw it. Seated on a golden stool, making a terrible mess of the place with oozing green liquid and screeching horribly was the cross-eyed, monkey-bat like creature I had seen earlier in the cave. It bared its fangs and gave off a fearful howl. I took a step back.

Chuks the stronger looked at me, puzzled. “No,” he said, “You did not just step back did you? Are you afraid? Look at what you did.”

I looked and right there and then the creature grew bigger. It expanded its wings which had nasty looking talons and it became twice its size. It shrieked again even louder and I took another step back. Chuks the stronger slapped me at the back of my head, hard.

“OW!” I said. “Hey, that hurt!”

“Better you feel pain than to feel fear,” he said. “What’s wrong with you? This fella is sitting in your head like it owns the place and you are here doing a backslide? Show it whose boss!”

I stared at the creature again. It had grown to four times its size and was now massive. It flapped its wings, spewing green stuff everywhere and screeched loud-

“AWWWW SHUT IT!!!” Chukwudi the stronger yelled loudly and the creature closed its mouth immediately. He gazed at it with fire in his eyes and it shrank back to twice its normal size. He walked a few feet then turned, backing the creature and facing me.

“Fear is like a spiders web. The more you struggle in it, the more it will hold you down. Ignore the fear! That thing is seating on your seat!”

I looked at the creature again and indeed it seemed out of place on that golden stool. In fact, it seemed very out of place in this clean room, messing up everywhere, making a nasty ruckus. And I got mad. I got really angry. And I walked past Chukwudi the stronger and approached the creature confidently. It watched me coming with apprehension in its eyes, and then I saw, it was afraid!

“Get the hell outta here!” I shouted getting closer now and noticing the creature shrink even more until it was almost its original size. “I own this place, this is my domain!Get out!”

I was close to it now. It raised one disgusting wing and made to swipe at me and I grabbed that wing midair with my right hand. With my left hand and with a loud yell I pounded the creature on the head with a mighty blow. It wasn’t as strong as I had imagined and I felt its skull crack and it collapsed, still on the stool. It tried rising again and I went all out for it, shouting, yelling and tearing; I broke its wings and snapped its neck, then I hurled the carcass off the golden stool and unto the floor where it remained still for a while and then disappeared. I could feel my hands and face covered in gooey smelly stuff but I felt great! I shouted in exhilaration! I had done it! I picked up the golden stool, cleaned it as much as I could and sat down on it proudly. Then I saw the look of shock on Chukwudi the stronger’s face.

“What?!” I said.

“That was very violent and messy,” he said shaking his head. “I mean, you could have just commanded it off when it had shrunk back to its normal size then chased it out or used the sword to finish it off. That’s what I would have done…”

I looked beside me and saw a sword on the floor.

“Wait,”I said trembling, “there was a sword there the whole time? The whole time?!

Chukwudi the stronger laughed and came up and shook my shoulder. “The point is, you got the job done! Congratulations! You see, you could have done that by yourself all along! Now we can regain consciousness with our sanity intact. But first, abeg, let’s find a way to clean you up.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by kumulus(m): 3:02am On Nov 21, 2013
Ishilove:
Uncle Roy? Nigga puhleeze!

Learn not to use the N-word for a gentleman like me.
Re: I See Things Others Do Not See... by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 21, 2013
Beautiful Roy,absolutely beautiful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

In Memory Only (Romance) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe / Beneath My Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.