Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year (8628 Views)

14th January Declared Public Holiday For Eid-el-Maulud / Federal Government as Declare Tuesday 14th as public holiday for Maulud Nabiyy / Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by DMainMan: 8:53am On Nov 04, 2013
Nigeria’s Kano State Government on
Saturday declared Monday as a public
holiday to commemorate new Islamic
year, 1435 A.H.(Muharram).

This is contained in a statement by the
Public Relations Officer in the Office of
the Head of Service, Alhaji Mustapha
Fagge in Kano.

According to the statement, the public
holiday is declared to allow workers to
commemorate the first day of the Islamic
year.

The statement advised the people to
observe the holiday by praying for peace
in the state and the country in general.
It also urged them to continue to live in
peace with one another so as to enhance
economic growth and development of the
state.

Source:
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/11/02/kano-declares-monday-public-holiday/

1 Like

Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by deols(f): 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
Celebrating the New Hijrah year is not a traditional Islamic thing.

The only.reason I would want it is if they cancel maulud nabiyy as a national holiday and replace it with hijrah.

HAPPY nEw yeAr anyways wink smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by Big4wig(m): 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2013
Wow so in Muslim calendar,d year has ended...really cool.
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by maxman10(m): 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
[size=20pt]PHEW! angry angry angry angry angry [/size]
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by nwaobitex: 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2013
FP tinz with only three comments
hapi new year anyways.
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by chelseabmw(m): 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2013
Happy New To My Muslim Brothers n Sisters..... I'm representing all the Christians here on NL..... May Allah Guide n Bless U All.... In Unity We Stand.... Luv U All

6 Likes

Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by deols(f): 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
chelseabmw: Happy New To My Muslim Brothers n Sisters..... I'm representing all the Christians here on NL..... May Allah Guide n Bless U All.... In Unity We Stand.... Luv U All

Amin. May God bless you too.
Thank you smiley smiley
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by olaezebala: 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
Osun state did the same
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by RealAlfranco: 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
With every Deols' comment I read on any article about Islam,I keep having da feeling she would have given Muhammed a run for his money...the amount of arabic words she knows and uses are too damn high
(Pls I beg thee,don't hide my post...dis is supposed to be a compliment and not a jibe! Thanks)
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by eluquenson(m): 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
Nice one from Kano Govt
Happy New year to all my muslim fellows
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by Richiy(f): 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
Was very shocked when my brothers came back home. Just that moment when i was getting ready for sum well deservd relaxation.
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by cumpaddre(m): 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
chelseabmw: Happy New To My Muslim Brothers n Sisters..... I'm representing all the Christians here on NL..... May Allah Guide n Bless U All.... In Unity We Stand.... Luv U All
My nigg, u aint representing me. Speak for ya self!

8 Likes

Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by Aromas: 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
carletta: Thank u op 4 d boring post...........n 4 d opportunity 2 b on front page due 2 low patronage, but.........................how am I gonna get d 20likes I've been looking forward 2?

You rather has 20 stroke of cane!!!!!!!!! during the mid night 4rm NL spy services. Because you dis obey and offended the guild-line of this thread.
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by fitzmayowa: 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
Na everything we go give public holiday for Naija i hail ooo

1 Like

Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by cyril10(m): 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
CONFUSION
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
Shey anoda fiscal year don start 4 Kano,dat goes wit a NY o.....
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by jericco1(m): 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
I'm still in november, we all need one calender.
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by norigams(m): 3:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
Hapy new year 2 all muslim's in dis forum NL
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
So if they declared today a public holiday, what would they declare when the general new year comes??
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by greall1: 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2013
Happy new year
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2013

Cumpaddre: My nigg, u aint representing me. Speak for ya self!

And therein lies the problem.
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by deols(f): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
njokusboy: So if they declared today a public holiday, what would they declare when the general new year comes??

Did you know that the cross river state government declared more days for new year than the federal government?

I am sure it was not a problem to you then.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by Walexz02(m): 5:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
happy new year friends... cool
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by AtbuAbdul(m): 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
deols: Celebrating the New Hijrah year is not a traditional Islamic thing.

The only.reason I would want it is if they cancel maulud nabiyy as a national holiday and replace it with hijrah.

HAPPY nEw yeAr anyways wink smiley smiley
Ha!! Do u hate d Prophet dis much!!! U can celebrate other birthdays buh u can't celebrate dat of d Holy Prophet!!??
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by Toosure70: 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
olaezebala: Osun state did the same
osun started it in the whole africa. google it and see
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by DMainMan: 7:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
Re: Kano Declares Monday Public Holiday For New Year by thirty(m): 7:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
Happy New Hijrah Year 1435!

May the Barakah, Rahmah & Sekinah of Allah that comes with the new year be with every muslim faithful.

May we stay stronger in His Deen and never stray.

May we be elevated to the ranks of the pious, here and in the hereafter.

Hijrah Mubarak!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Have To Act In Order To Get, Pain Doesn't Exempt You From Work. / Citadel Of Believers(hisnu Muslim) / Islam and Racism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.