Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Lekki International Airport - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki International Airport (14092 Views)

Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport - Photos / Lekki International Airport Render / Bouygues, Eko Global, Maevis Bid For Lekki International Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki International Airport by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
ROSSIKE: Lekki Airport Render

I hope that's not the final design! That render does not look beautiful at all. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lekki International Airport by eaglechild: 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
0monnakoda: At the moment it does not seem to have moved from concept to plan. I believe it will but LASG has a problem with communication and carrying people along. In that regard it is typically "Nigerian". The recent "buy back" of the concession rights to the Lekki Road is a good example. One that leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Now we have another example of PRIME land "ACQUIRED" by government for "Public Use" which ultimately will end up as an "Asset" on the Balance Sheet of a private company. While one supports the idea of additional airports in Lagos I am afraid that this government of Lagos has too many secrets on how it runs its affairs
Did you bump your head on the wall?
I am amazed at your sincerity here.

Did you have a near death experience lately?
Re: Lekki International Airport by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
eaglechild:

Seriously I ve asked d same question too, dz guy changed of recent.
Re: Lekki International Airport by plaindealer: 7:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
ngozievergreen:

U give the ppl want they really need not just whatever is right.

Those Agberos and beggars need more food than Intl airport

And where do you suggest the food come from? From the government creating a dependent society by buying and distributing food with taxpayers money to feed the society? Where is this done on the surface of the earth?

Do they do this in your village or anywhere in Nigeria? Is your federal government doing this with all the oil money at it's disposal or you just think this backward and illiterate idea is solely confined and limited to the government of the state of Lagos?

What people need is Jobs which is empowerment in form of paychecks to buy food with, to pay their rents and other bills with, so send their kids to school with and ultimately to maintain their way of life and the only way to do this is by attracting investments which create jobs and building infrastructures which also create jobs, even this airport is destined to create thousands of jobs from construction workers to general staffs, management, adverts, insurance, Law/Legal, accounting, goods and material supplies, catering, landscaping..basically every thing you need to build and maintain major facilities. You need nearly every major sector of the economy and manpower discipline to build and maintain these major infrastructures which translates to jobs and which = Paychecks = food for your so called ignorantly and tribally labeled Agbero

This is how you empower and move the society forward, not by creating a dependent society where the population sits around for government handouts in form of food assistance at the expense of the taxpayers.

It's juts very unfortunate that we still have ignorant, uneducated and unsophisticated tribal dwellers like you in 2013. You are a sad burden on your village and I truly feel sorry for them..

5 Likes

Re: Lekki International Airport by plaindealer: 7:59pm On Nov 04, 2013

I don't think this is the official render. I don't even think there is any right now..
Re: Lekki International Airport by 0monnakoda: 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
eaglechild:

Am I your coeval? Since when did that one start Better stop if it is joke. I don't play with urchins
Re: Lekki International Airport by Gbawe: 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
ngozievergreen:

U give the ppl want they really need not just whatever is right.

Those Agberos and beggars need more food than Intl airport

This Ngozi girl sef
Re: Lekki International Airport by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
Gbawe:

This Ngozi girl sef

Some people believe that infrastructural development and socio-economic advancement are mutually exclusive undecided
Re: Lekki International Airport by plaindealer: 8:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
0monnakoda: Am I your coeval? Since when did that one start Better stop if it is joke. I don't play with urchins

They are liking and supporting your post based on their usual lowly tribal fixations and reasonings because you gave them the red meat so enjoy your new friends and the warped unwanted attention. lol
Re: Lekki International Airport by 0monnakoda: 8:49pm On Nov 04, 2013
Even if Yoruba land was to break away from Nigeria we would not be a ONE PARTY state
Re: Lekki International Airport by eaglechild: 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
plaindealer:

They are liking and supporting your post based on their usual lowly tribal fixations and reasonings because you gave them the red meat so enjoy your new friends and the warped unwanted attention. lol

He spoke the truth and you are here yapping about red meat.
Re: Lekki International Airport by Gbawe: 5:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
CFCfan:

Some people believe that infrastructural development and socio-economic advancement are mutually exclusive undecided

The girl, like her fellow trolls here, is highly exasperating to say the least. Shame we all have to put up with their inanity.
Re: Lekki International Airport by plaindealer: 6:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
eaglechild:
He spoke the truth and you are here yapping about red meat.

The truth according to who? According to a co-villager like you...

Negro please....
Re: Lekki International Airport by eaglechild: 6:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
plaindealer:

The truth according to who? According to a co-villager like you...

Negro please....
Lagos is presently facing a huge debt crisis, and the governor feels a multi billion naira airport project is the way forward.
There are more important grass root projects, begging for attention.

Wake up and face the truth instead of bleating eko oni ogbanje!
Re: Lekki International Airport by plaindealer: 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
eaglechild:
[s]Lagos is presently in facing a huge debt crisis, and the governor feels a multi billion naira airport project is the way forward.

Wake up and face the truth instead of bleating eko oni ogbanje![/s]

What else is new? Same dumb, silly, anti social, negative and ignorant obsession with Lagos state.
Re: Lekki International Airport by ba7man(m): 6:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
eaglechild:
Lagos is presently in facing a huge debt crisis, and the governor feels a multi billion naira airport project is the way forward.

Wake up and face the truth instead of bleating eko oni ogbanje!
Lagos State alone is more economically viable than your region so your opinion on what the Governor thinks is irrelevant.

Grass root projects like sharing Okadas, grinding machines and keke-Marwas and drilling boreholes abi?? Projects that make the whole state look like the World's biggest village. All these village town council advisors sef.

You should be more concerned about the projects your Governors are executing than what Lagos is doing because the last time i checked, Lagos was growing faster economically and has more infrastructural projects that your entire region.

Deal with that by voting in a Gov with a vision, not getting worked up by what goes on in another man's home.

1 Like

Re: Lekki International Airport by Orikinla(m): 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
chygoz3: Does this mean that a state has the power to build an airport and declare it an international one if it has the money to build it without the support of the federal government?

Any one who has the money can build an airport as a business venture.
Just acquire the land and get the approval and you can go ahead and build it.
Finis.
Re: Lekki International Airport by drnoel: 7:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
Phder: Cool. I hate MMA anyway. I've had my share of bad experience there.
I feel ur pain. I so much dislike MMA but this project would be costly and MMA currently does not make money 4 the government so how can they justify building another one in lagos. Lagos no get land oo

1 Like

Re: Lekki International Airport by Gbawe: 7:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
ba7man: Lagos State alone is more economically viable than your region so your opinion on what the Governor thinks is irrelevant.

Grass root projects like sharing Okadas, grinding machines and keke-Marwas and drilling boreholes abi?? Projects that make the whole state look like the World's biggest village. All these village town council advisors sef.

You should be more concerned about the projects your Governors are executing than what Lagos is doing because the last time i checked, Lagos was growing faster economically and has more infrastructural projects that your entire region.

Deal with that by voting in a Gov with a vision, not getting worked up by what goes on in another man's home.

Don't mind the abominable troll. They have no shame coming here daily to do the same irritating thing of never speaking about or holding their own leaders accountable while ranting negatively, 100% of the time, over the States of others and what the leaders of those States are doing.

I can't understand their aberrant behavior because, to me, nothing could be more dysfunctional or weird than an obsession with talking negatively about States and leaders I have nothing to do with while I totally ignore the problem of my State/region and her underperforming administrators.
Re: Lekki International Airport by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
drnoel:
I feel ur pain. I so much dislike MMA but this project would be costly and MMA currently does not make money 4 the government so how can they justify building another one in lagos. Lagos no get land oo
It's a PPP (public-private-partnership) project so funding is not a problem; according to the article "build, maintain, transfer".
Re: Lekki International Airport by drnoel: 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
Phder:
It's a PPP (public-private-partnership) project so funding is not a problem; according to the article "build, maintain, transfer".
so u mean the builders will run loses after they have built it. i don´t think so.
Re: Lekki International Airport by iterator25: 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2013

ewww
Re: Lekki International Airport by gratiaeo(m): 7:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
Gbawe:

Don't mind the abominable troll. They have no shame coming here daily to do the same irritating thing of never speaking about or holding their own leaders accountable while ranting negatively, 100% of the time, over the States of others and what the leaders of those States are doing.

I can't understand their aberrant behavior because, to me, nothing could be more dysfunctional or weird than an obsession with talking negatively about States and leaders I have nothing to do with while I totally ignore the problem of my State/region and her underperforming administrators.
All this your animosity just for white paper airport?
Smh.......

Are we talking about commissioning or construction in 2013?
Me tot the airport should be almost ready by now?
Stanbic IBTC Bank has been appointed sole financial adviser to the Lagos State government on the proposed Lekki-Epe International Airport project to be developed on a modular basis at an estimated project cost of N71.64bn ($450 million) in its first phase.
Situated about 10km from Lekki Free Trade Zone (LFTZ), the proposed airport will boost economic activities at the LFTZ scheduled to begin full operations in 2012. It will also drive urban development and tourism in the Lekki-Epe axis of Lagos State.
A scalable airport that will be designed to cater for the Airbus A380, making it a Code F compliant airport, the Lekki-Epe International Airport is expected to commence operations with a conservative capacity of two million passengers per annum, reaching five million passengers by 2015.
Commenting on the airport project, Chief Executive Officer of Stanbic IBTC Bank, Sola David-Borha, said the project reinforces the bank’s long standing partnership with the Lagos State Government in the area of infrastructure development, which is informed by the knowledge that infrastructure is the foundation on which socio-economic development is built.
“We are proud to partner with Lagos State Government on the Lekki-Epe International Airport project.
“Our involvement is yet another testament to our commitment to infrastructure development in Lagos State, which is founded on our deep belief in Nigeria and our confidence in its massive developmental potential.”
As part of the competitive tender process for the construction of the Lekki-Epe International Airport, Stanbic IBTC Bank has made available Request for Pre-Qualification (RFPQ) to 33 Nigerian and international firms who have indicated interest to participate in the ambitious project.
The companies had earlier submitted Expression of Interest (EOI) in August 2011, bidding for the project under a Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement.
The RFPQ provides the bidding companies with guidelines for the submission of a Statement of Qualification (SOQ) which highlights their technical, operational and financial capability to design, finance, build and operate the Lekki-Epe International Airport, before its transfer to Lagos State Government at the expiration of the concession period.
NAHCO Aviance, Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, Arab Contractors Nigeria Limited and Cappa D’Alberto Plc, are among the 20 Nigerian companies that have been provided with the Request for Pre-Qualification.
They will compete against 13 international firms that includes Munich Airport Germany, Hyundai Engineering and Construction Co Limited and Canadian Commercial Corporation, among others, for the development of the first phase of airport project.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a member of Standard Bank Group, a leading African banking group focused on building first-class on-the-ground banks in chosen countries in Africa and connecting other selected emerging markets to Africa and to each other.
It has a footprint which now spans 17 countries across the African continent, including South Africa, and 13 countries outside Africa, including China and Brazil, which are key to its cross border strategy and success.
Re: Lekki International Airport by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
drnoel:
so u mean the builders will run loses after they have built it. i don´t think so.
No. Private investors would invest their money into building the airport, they would manage it for some years (during which they earn their profit) then transfer back to the government.
Re: Lekki International Airport by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 03, 2014
Still following
Re: Lekki International Airport by crownwealth: 1:23am On Aug 03, 2014
Where is the airport angry

2 Likes

Re: Lekki International Airport by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 03, 2014
crownwealth: Where is the airport angry
Construction likely begins later this year
Re: Lekki International Airport by aljharem(m): 1:55am On Aug 03, 2014
crownwealth: Where is the airport angry

APC Scam !!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lekki International Airport by ofala(m): 6:51am On Aug 03, 2014
Gov Fashola thinks....

wouldn't Nigeria be much better if 50% of State Govs also think.....?

2 Likes

Re: Lekki International Airport by Faun(m): 9:26am On Aug 03, 2014
CFCfan: The airport will have THREE runways in it's first phase. Construction begins in June next year, after the concessionaire has been chosen.

Laughing my f..u.cking asss off.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki International Airport by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:42am On Aug 03, 2014
ba7man: Lagos State alone is more economically viable than your region so your opinion on what the Governor thinks is irrelevant.

So,basic amenities like electricity,water,good roads,healthcare,quality education and the rest has been met? Why are you people so blinded by tribalism even at your own detriment? Is airport the most pressing issue lagos is facing? Somebody can't give a sincere input without you calling them names.

Good Education doesnt guarantee wisdom....Words on marble.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NAF Signs MOU With USA For The Production Of Multi-Role Utility Aircraft (Pics) / $151m Deposits: Bankers, Civil Servants To Face Trial / Ambode Confirms Justice Opeyemi As Chief Judge Of Lagos State - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.