Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,836 members, 7,802,674 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time (3036 Views)

The 10 Best Nigerian Albums Of 2015 / Most Highly Anticipated Albums Of 2016 / Your Top 5 Nigerian Albums Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by RSAMAN(m): 10:44am On Nov 04, 2013
1. Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

[img]http://recordhoarder.files./2013/08/raekwon.jpg[/img]

Bring Mafioso rap and kung fu style beats together and you get one of the best mafioso rap albums of all time,

2. Big Pun - Capital Punishment

Perfect album all-round, Pun at his best. His flow is so spectecular you might want to slow down your music player and don't even mention the lyrics, top notch.

3. Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030 (self titled)

[img]http://www.cooper.ro/albums/album232/Deltron_3030_2000.jpg[/img]

Del The funky Homosapien and Dan the Automator take you to the future, the year is 3030 and the music is so ahead of it's time with lyrics that go beyond imagination, the good news is you can listen to this music today and imagine what the year 3030 would be like in music, the bad news is after listening to this album you will look for other albums that sound like this but unfortunately you will never find any.

4. Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol.2

If you think revolutionary rap is overrated then listen to this album, the best revolutionary rap album of all time in my opinion.

5. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders

The word maraud means to loot, 7 out of 10 times we listen to music at night, hence the words 'midnight marauders' - *vaguely remembers that line from the album*, quality music, nobody makes it like this anymore.

6. Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons You Paint That Sh1t Gold

The name of the album says it all, Album with a title like that can't be wack.

7. Wu tang Clan - Enter the Wu tang(36 chambers)

Wu tang dropped this album in '93. They came up with a style never heard in rap before which left many rappers in awe and jealous (i.e kung fu style), now bring the motherf****n' rukkus

8. Pharoahe Monch - Internal Affairs

Known for his lyricism and complex delivery Pharoahe Monch finally went solo and dropped this gem which will still sound fresh even in the next twenty years, pure hip hop

9. Saigon - The Greatest Story Never Told

The greatest debut by a rap artist after illmatic, If you're a hip hop fan then your collection isn't complete if you don't have this album, do yourself a favour and go get this album, it doesn't matter if you buy it, steal it, burn it on empty cd, download it illegally or pirate it, you just have to get it no matter how, your ears will thank you for it

10. Mos Def - Black On Both Sides

Mos Def collaborated with Talib Kweli in '98 and released the critically acclaimed black star album. Black on both sides was his debut as a solo artist and after he set the bar so high together with Kweli Black on both sides was eargerly anticipated by fans and it did not disappoint, one of the greatest debuts out there which set the bar too high even for Mos Def himself since everything he released after this was mediocre at best but he was able to redeem himself when he dropped 'ecstatic'

below is saigon's the greatest story never told album cover.
Thank You for reading my post, i'd like to know which rap albums make your top ten.

Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by BabaEleko(m): 6:19am On Nov 05, 2013
I can't wait to download that "Saigon" when I get home. I wonder why illmatic didn't make ur list. That album changed the game. Everything in it from the album art to the content of d cd. Immortal tech's Rev 2 is one of my best hiphop album of all time. I agree with u.
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by RSAMAN(m): 10:15am On Nov 14, 2013
Baba_Eleko: I can't wait to download that "Saigon" when I get home. I wonder why illmatic didn't make ur list. That album changed the game. Everything in it from the album art to the content of d cd. Immortal tech's Rev 2 is one of my best hiphop album of all time. I agree with u.

11. Apollo Brown and O.C - Trophies
12. illmatic

There it is; Classic album; and you're right it changed the game. It's Just that i only had ten spots, and one could think of 50 albums when asked for a top ten, making it difficult to narrow it down to just ten. 12 is almost as good as 1 considering the number of albums out there.
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by RSAMAN(m): 11:59pm On Nov 14, 2013
What have i got to do for someone to list their top ten rap albums here?
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by RSAMAN(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
Anybody?
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by DopestepTJ(m): 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
1. Mathers Marshall LP - Eminem
2. Illmatic - Nas
3. Good Kid, m.A.A.d city - Kendrick
4. College Dropout - Kanye
5. Ready to Die - Biggie
6. Stillmatic - Nas
7. MMLP2 - Eminem
8. The Blueprint - Jay Z
9. Section.80 - Kendrick
10. Friday Night Lights - J.cole
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by RSAMAN(m): 8:20am On Nov 19, 2013
DopestepTJ: 1. Mathers Marshall LP - Eminem
2. Illmatic - Nas
3. Good Kid, m.A.A.d city - Kendrick
4. College Dropout - Kanye
5. Ready to Die - Biggie
6. Stillmatic - Nas
7. MMLP2 - Eminem
8. The Blueprint - Jay Z
9. Section.80 - Kendrick
10. Friday Night Lights - J.cole

grin
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by RSAMAN(m): 7:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
'R.A The Rugged Man - Legends Never Die' will be a classic in the future, possibly album of the decade.

1 Like

Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by PhysicsQED(m): 11:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
1. Illmatic
2. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
3. Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
4. The Chronic
5. Ready to Die
6. Capital Punishment
7. Follow the Leader
8. Reasonable Doubt
9. All Eyez on Me
10. Black on Both Sides

Honorable mention:

Paid In Full
Long Live the Kane
Liquid Swords
ATLiens
D0ggystyle
No One Can Do It Better
The Score
Ironman
Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star
The Great Adventures of Slick Rick
It's a Big Daddy Thing
The Low End Theory
Supreme Clientele
The Predator
Enta da Stage
The Infamous
Moment of Truth
Once Upon a Time in America
Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde
Grip It! On That Other Level
Hard to Earn
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
Mecca And The Soul Brother
Labcabincalifornia
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by Ishilove: 11:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
PhysicsQED: 1. Illmatic
4. The Chronic
5. Ready to Die
6. Capital Punishment
7. Follow the Leader
8. Reasonable Doubt
9. All Eyez on Me
10. Black on Both Sides

Honorable mention:

Paid In Full
Long Live the Kane
Liquid Swords
ATLiens
D0ggystyle
No One Can Do It Better
The Score
Ironman
Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star
The Great Adventures of Slick Rick
It's a Big Daddy Thing
The Low End Theory
Supreme Clientele
The Predator
Enta da Stage
The Infamous
Moment of Truth
Once Upon a Time in America
Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde
Grip It! On That Other Level
Hard to Earn
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
Mecca And The Soul Brother
Labcabincalifornia
Kai. Guy you old o cheesy grin
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by PhysicsQED(m): 11:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ishilove:
Kai. Guy you old o cheesy grin

Nah, I'm 22 actually. Did you think I heard all those albums when they first came out? grin

I only own physical copies of a few of those albums. The rest: torrents/sharebeast/zippyshare/etc. grin
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by RSAMAN(m): 7:55am On Dec 03, 2013
PhysicsQED: 1. Illmatic
4. The Chronic
5. Ready to Die
6. Capital Punishment
7. Follow the Leader
8. Reasonable Doubt
9. All Eyez on Me
10. Black on Both Sides

I was starting to get worried grin
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by PhysicsQED(m): 9:16am On Dec 03, 2013
[s]What's with the hidden posts?

Ishilove posted something, then I posted something. Both of our comments were hidden. Someone posted a third post that was also hidden for some reason. What was that about?[/s]

Edited: Never mind, a mod explained it to me. The posts were off-topic.
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by ojoawo(m): 6:41am On Dec 04, 2013
For me, In this order...

1• Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album
2• Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor
3• MF Doom -Operation Doomsday
4• Kanye West - The College Drop out
5• Jay Z - The Blueprint
6• MI - Talk About It
7• N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton
8• Nas - Illmatic
9• Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
10• Dr. Dre - The Chronic
11• Boogie Down Productions - Criminal Minded
12• N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton
13• A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
14• Lil Wayne - The Carter II
15• Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...
16• The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready To Die
17• Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36
Chambers)
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by taiocol: 10:53am On Dec 04, 2013
The Marshall Mathers LP
(Eminem),
Reasonable Doubt (Jay Z)
The Chronic (Dr. Dre)
It Takes A Nation Of Millions
(Public Enemy)
The Infamous (Mobb Deep)
Low End Theory (A Tribe Called
Quest)
The Good, The Bad and The
Ugly (Frankee)
Death Certificate (Ice Cube)
The E.N.D (The Black Eyed Peas)
Dedication 3 (Lil' Wayne)
Venom (Chamillionaire)
Ready to Die (Notorious B.I.G)
The Don Killuminati (Tupac)
cLOUDDEAD (cLOUDDEAD)
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by Rilwayne001: 4:35pm On Dec 05, 2013
Tha Cartrr IV....Lil wayne
Nothin was the same...Drake
Thank me later...Drake
7 daya theory....2pac
So far gone....Drake
pink friday....nicki
self made....ricky ross
Rich gang...Ymcmb
Tha carter II....lilwayne
No ceilings.....lilwayne
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by RSAMAN(m): 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
ojoawo: For me, In this order...

1• Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album
2• Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor
3• MF Doom -Operation Doomsday
4• Kanye West - The College Drop out
5• Jay Z - The Blueprint
6• MI - Talk About It
7• N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton
8• Nas - Illmatic
9• Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
10• Dr. Dre - The Chronic
11• Boogie Down Productions - Criminal Minded
12• N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton
13• A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
14• Lil Wayne - The Carter II
15• Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...
16• The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready To Die
17• Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36
Chambers)

check 7 and 12.
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by decepticos(m): 9:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
i wont lie i havent heard all the tracks on these albums i am about to mention, but they have tracks that made me fall for the rap aspect of hip hop
1. Nas ILLMATIC
2. Organized konfusion Stress: The Extinction agenda
3. Common sense RESSURECTION
4. The Notorious B.I.G Ready to die
5. Pharaohe Monch Desire what it is
6. Mobb deep The Infamous
7. Mode9 Malcom IX
8. Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 chambers
9. Scareface The Diary
10. Mosdef The Ecstatic

dont know where to fit RA the Ruggedman's Die Ruggedman Die.
Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by decepticos(m): 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2014

Re: Drop Your 10 Best Rap Albums Of All Time by ojoawo(m): 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
J.Cole-Born Sinner

Now that is a Classic

(1) (Reply)

Music/Radio Section Chatroom (The Land Of Great Sounds) / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Yemi Alade, Iyanya, Olamide, Tekno & Selebobo – “mama Oyoyo” / INSTRUMENTAL: Olamide - Poverty Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.