Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? (17267 Views)

Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations / Which Is Better Mba Marketing Or Finance? / Engineering Vs Medicine "which Is More Challenging?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by pendusky(m): 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
Beesluv: Which aspect of Banking is more challenging, boring or stressful?

MARKETING or OPERATIONS

Marketers talk of target and Tellers talk of shortage
marketing is more challenging! have seen a lots of marketers being drop coz they ain't meeting targets! u need maketing strategies to be able to climb to the top! operations not that challenging!

1 Like

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by myspnigeria: 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
Marketing nq
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by bitterpenis(m): 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
Marketing
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by mkoabiola: 8:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
Is it possible for u to b a marketer without target?
Jus asking
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by seunakin231(m): 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
In all, banking is a lucrative job.....
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by zurine(f): 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
good one
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by EngrSirwhite: 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
Danfreeman: Am an expirence banker in both marketing and operations for nine years.operations is more tasking and stressfull compare to marketing.
plz can u give us in details de kind of targets dat r given 2marketers, hw much dey r been paid nd de chances of a marketer bein promoted nd converted 2 being permanent staff
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by colossus2: 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
So the thread "Why We Changed Your Nairaland Username" has been deleted.
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. cool

Back to the topic: Marketing is more challenging cos it's not easy to convince someone to open an account especially when the person has an account in another bank.

2 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by willorie(f): 8:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
Rilwayne001: A friend of mine that happens to be a marketer of a reputable bank in ib, resigned even before they could address a sack letter to him when he could not meet up the target set for him... may God help us sha.

he now run a business center now, atleast he is the target no target set for him.

As for the operating staff...only God dey help those ones, imagine a friend of mine doing industrial training (IT) in FCMB, she made a mistake by crediting a wrong account, the amount of about N34,000 was lost, and she is been paid N20,000 per month due to fact that she is an IT.

that month salary was not paid, and N14k was deducted from her following month salary..
well she still work there.

may God help us jare

r u seriously blaming that on the bank? Isn't that her carelessness? Was she sleep posting the cash abi na the customer been collect am the system (Computer) post the cash?.......ask her again wat really went wrong cus l believe she definitely wanted be "FAST ATTACHEE" with great ability to post cash within a second.....thanks for the audience! :-Z
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by passendi: 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
bankng work is bleeped. I worked in the bank for 5 yrs. I resigned for a federal job.
Its stressful. The more money you make, the more you spend on the job.
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by ShyDare(m): 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
irunobo2:

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO AGGRESSIVE IS IT A CRIME TO SAY THE TRUTH
Interesting username & profile !
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Beesluv: 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
Wow, i made front page

*Thanks Mods*

1 Like

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Adwords(m): 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
Guys i work in one of the biggest Bank in Nigeria, dept. Operation. So, tellery is so stressful and u always lose money almost everyday. Marketing is all about meeting targets nothing less. u ve all the time to go about. Tellery, u get sticked to ur chair all d time.

1 Like

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
A frnd of mine hav an overage of 1k dis evinin, when I cross check her physical cash n ticket....... Dearis shortage of 2k. N she paid for dat shortage. Remember when it comes to shortage, u re own ur own oooo cry
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Emmey67: 9:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
Marketing is more stressful but rewarding base on commission allocated n also has future prospect for bankers while operation is boring n rigid tough streeful but as a marketer

1 Like

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Beesluv: 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
@ Rilwayne001, amen, it can be frustrating when you have no take home pay all cos of shortages.

@Abuhson, do you mean that marketers and operation staff (on the same level) earn different pay? That would be unfair as marketers work under the sun or in the rain.

@Mkoabiola, i dont think so. The target is the heart of marketing
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by kingston247: 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
No b cos u get job...? Then u dey find the one better pass...metcheeew.....
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Beesluv: 9:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
segun544: I dey come

We dey wait. Are u sure you arent going to dig the ground to put your money?
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Giannakopoulos(f): 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
What about Marketing in Insurance firm?
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
That word marketing sounds like 'sufferness'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Drdreluv: 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
Not even opeenin but savin a reasonable amount in de account for 6 month is de koko
colossus2: So the thread "Why We Changed Your Nairaland Username" has been deleted.
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. cool

Back to the topic: Marketing is more challenging cos it's not easy to convince someone to open an account especially when the person has an account in another bank.

1 Like

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Gozieobasi: 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
passendi: bankng work is bleeped. I worked in the bank for 5 yrs. I resigned for a federal job.
Its stressful. The more money you make, the more you spend on the job.
how do u mean
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by gbaskiboy: 10:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
AdmiralPato:

i have this feeling a male is behind dis account
I've similar feeling, the user posts derogatory words

2 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Yaasir(m): 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
Marketing is far more stressful than ops. People in Ops always claim there is nothing in marketing, yet many of them will never jump at the opportunity to go to marketing though they are not being promoted. Operation is beyond tellering. They tend to appear like real bankers while marketers cut the image of a beggar. Lets look at it from this angle. As an operation staff no matter how tedious the job is you close when the offices closes (even if it is 10pm) but as a marketer you start the next round of work when the office closes. You think of how to meet your target ; the mental stress is just too much. Have you ever wondered why all the banks puts emphasis on marketing/performance when it comes to promotion? You can spend 6/7years in operation without promotion! Ask many marketer if they will swap role for operations and you will see some of them taking it immediately. Ask Operations staff the same thing and see how majority will chicken out.

3 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
I think both comes with their different challenges. Marketing(targets) : Operations (shortages). A marketer tends to be more versatile, they have this way of ruggeding tinx , their career path tends to be faster as long as the person is delivering, they are acct officers of wealthy clients thus making dem connected. The Ops person ends up being stereotyped, but in the longrun they (Marketing/Ops) need each other survive. Both are challenging, a lot is dependent on environment, if d bank is situated in a densely populated area, it's xmas for the Ops bc transactions wud be low - but bad news for the Marketers bc no target market... etc.

3 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by vikktor: 11:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
Marketing Aye.....Godforbid....mktin is total fork-up esply whn is on contract....sun go finish u n ur shoe go finish. But whn d bank staff u, u mkt wit car n fat salary...u be motivated. U meet target bilv me cos u work wit ur last strenght.

1 Like

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by hayoakins(m): 3:23am On Jul 08, 2014
when you talk about the RISK, it's marketing 'cos meeting targets sometimes could be a tall order. Some believe target is all about bringing in money, hell NO! it could be to sell a particular bank's product which maybe scary especially if the product is new and alien to the Nigerian market.

However, if we are considering TIME then OPERATION is more challenging as those guys don't even have time to think, you think too much you have shortage cheesy. A marketer can go anywhere to have fun in the name of marketing call and attends job interviews freely but for an OPS staff to get a chance to attend just one job interview is a long thing; reason some of them have been on the same job for donkey years.

Tellering job is a life waster and should be for O'levelers awaiting admission if not for high rate ot unemployment...MY OPINION

6 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by ddeola: 3:53am On Jul 08, 2014
Both have their own challenges but marketing keeps you on your toes due to targets, prospects, profit-making, etc and as a marketer you have the opportunity to learn more. Marketers are more confident because they interface with everyone vis-a-vis operation staff,other marketers, the ogas on top, customers, the general public, etc

God help all of them.

1 Like

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by walearoy(m): 5:07am On Jul 08, 2014
Giannakopoulos: What about Marketing in Insurance firm?

That one na die

1 Like

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by oskaaay(m): 5:07am On Jul 08, 2014
Beesluv: Which aspect of Banking is more challenging, boring or stressful?

MARKETING or OPERATIONS

Marketers talk of target and Tellers talk of shortage

Depending on your personality ooo...If you are jofia and likes talking then nothing do you for MARKETING but if you only like to dey sit-down dey work and calculate, then OPERATION section fit you wellaaa......Both are stressfull oooo....If you no want STRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS at-all-at-all don't follow join BANKING SECTOR jobs palafa rara oooooo.....Sit down for your house or seek job else where oooooooo. grin shocked grin shocked

Note: If you are reading this and interested in visa / Travel Agent Business (individual or corporate body). Then discover the secret company established in Aviation business for years that will aid you for less than #20,000 get on 0 7 0 6 6 0 5 2 2 2 8

1 Like

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Cpumping(m): 6:31am On Jul 08, 2014
abuhson: definitely marketers if you see target you too go fear.....speaking of what I saw someone lose to Mii passed tru I must admit marketing is a no go area cos the more you achieve your target the more audacious targets you receive.so much for been a banker and the worst of all is that at the end of the day marketers take home pay s notin compared to that of the operators(bulk tellers) safe @least their bonuses when targets is met and in most cases those bonuses enh.....hmmmmm forget it marketers are suffering n banking industry ooo

Obviously u do not v any banking experience.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Experience With Female Bosses / The #nairalife Of A Banker Tempted By Her Family Business / GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.