Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,942 members, 7,799,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) (11563 Views)

How To Make Cheap International Calls With Nigerian Networks / Magic Jack - Unlimited International Calling / Please How Do I Make Cheap International Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by Asika: 10:38am On Jun 12, 2006
how do i get an international calling card with four or five digits access codes and at a cheap rate
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by twinstaiye(m): 11:47am On Jun 12, 2006
Why do you need an international calling card when it is dirty cheap when you call from your mtel mobile line. similarly, all these fixed wireless lines now charge cheaper rate to make international call. I want to believe international calling card is cumbersome nowadays.
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by delarontus(f): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2006
This includes the fact that most of them have been blocked by NITEL due to huge debts unpaid by them. The operators connected to NITEL are the ones with five digit access codes.
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by Ashiwaju(m): 5:20pm On Jun 21, 2006
Why need an international Card when you can make direct international call US/Canada/London(Land) @N12 per min.?  its crystal clear and cheap, Try multlinks or starcomms. Dem no pay me for advert ooo
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by Larufa(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2006
Call America, Canada, U.K., Germany, Japan, China etc for as low as[b] N8[/b] (Eight Naira) per minute.

100 of the most popular international destinations for a flat rate of just N8.00 per
minute a savings of over N30.00 per minute over MTN and VMobile.

Cybercafe and Call center operators or any interested individual should
email me at onanugaola@yahoo.com For more information.
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by Larufa(m): 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2006
Call America, Canada, U.K., Germany, Japan, China etc for as low as N8 (Eight Naira) per minute.

100 of the most popular international destinations for a flat rate of just N8.00 per
minute a savings of over N30.00 per minute over MTN and VMobile.

Cybercafe and Call center operators or any interested individual should
email me at onanugaola@yahoo.com For more information.
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by Ashiwaju(m): 6:29pm On Jun 21, 2006
Internet Call or voice over?
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by naijacutee(f): 6:38pm On Jun 21, 2006
Skype!

Free internet telephony, for anyone with a skype address. www.skype.com
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by otokx(m): 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2006
this is another stale business as the PTO's are charging about N15 per min. I wonder while it costs less to call those in the US than those around.
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by Bossman(m): 7:05pm On Jun 21, 2006
Not sure if this answers your question. The US does not differentiate between mobile and land lines. The areacodes are the same, so you can't tell if you are calling a mobile or land line.There is nothing like free incoming calls on our mobiles. But, we usually have a lot of prepackaged minutes so it's not an issue. In the case of other countries, UK/Nigeria for example, mobile phones have are differentiated based on areacode. In coming calls are free on mobiles, but somebody has to pay for that termination. So, the caller pays more to call mobiles in most other GSM countries except US.
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by OldGlory1(m): 7:21pm On Jun 21, 2006
Bossman

Nextel/Sprint has free incoming calls (Unlimited). Free Nextel to Nextel or Sprint to Nextel. Free nights and weekends starting @ 7pm or 9pm, free two way radio ETC. Other like Cingular, T-mobile, Verizon,SBC, have different plans that can be very exciting.
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by Bossman(m): 7:40pm On Jun 21, 2006
Old glory, that's what I meant when I said we get a lot of minutes as part of packages. The UK/Nigeria and other GSM countries incoming calls are always free. And that's why it's expensive to call mobiles in these countries. It's called CPP. The Calling Party Pays. For instance, assuming there were no packages(free weeklends, etc.), mind you, there never used to be. Then we would have to pay the $0.40/min. Another example, most people have certain peak/off-peak minutes, What happens when you exceed those minutes? You get charged per minute. Hope you get the point.
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by OldGlory1(m): 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2006
Comprende Bossman!
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by Idekeson(m): 5:16am On Jun 22, 2006
Does anyone know why it costs more to call Naija than most African countries from the U.S., especially using the pre-paid phone cards.
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by gigitte(f): 7:29am On Jun 22, 2006
nextcall is five hundred naira for fifty minutes to the US, landline or mobile, quality clear well well too

if that is not good enuff, try skype
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by Larufa(m): 8:56am On Jun 22, 2006
Ashiwaju:

Internet Call or voice over?

The N8/min international calling is neither internet based nor a calling card based.
You call international number from your phone without you paying any local telephone company.
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by henryphyol(m): 10:25am On Jun 22, 2006
You can call The US, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Singapore and EEC countries for N2.50 per minute, yes as cheap as that. If you are interested reply me here
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by LoverBwoy(m): 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2006
why is it cheaper to call US/UK/china and co from nigeria but somehow expensive to call nigeria from UK/US/ n co

and why is it cheaper to call south africa than nigeria, its even dead cheap to call australia thats on another planet
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by Bossman(m): 7:12pm On Jun 23, 2006
Make sure you are not comparing apples and oranges. See my post above,

It's dirt cheap to call landlines, and expensive to call mobiles. reason being that, incoming calls are free on mobiles in all GSM countries (except US) Well, it's not actually free, somebody pays for the call. It's called Calling Party Pays (CPP). With the calling card that I use, it costs me 1.5 and 4.0 cents to call a UK and Lagos landlines respectively, and it costs 20p to call both Lagos and UK mobiles.  It's the same for all calling cards, due toe the reason above.

The same thing also applies when you call a UK/Niger(or any other GSM country with free incoming calls) mobile vs landline.

Bottom line, incoming calls on your mobiles are not actually free. The caller pays the price.
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by azal: 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2006
[color=#000099]where can i get the international callling cardkiss
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by Abeem(m): 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2006
One factor that should not be overlooked is the level of deregulation of the telecommunications industry. Ghana had long deregulated its telecommunications industry before the ongoing attempt by the BPE in Nigeria and that explains why you can call Ghana for less and Naija for more. Another factor that should not be discountenanced is the level of development of that industry. Nigeria telecommunication industry/system is still evolving hence it costs more to place calls to the country.
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by DannieA: 7:19am On May 05, 2008
Try MrLongDistance they offer cheap international calling plans and long distance phone rates with the cheapest domestic and international calling rates. You can call not only in Nigeria but also around the world. You can use your mobile phones in calling.

I hope this helped!
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by ZaraRashid: 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2010
Try Map Your Number they offer FREE personal 08 numbers to call your friends and abroad for as little 3 PENCE PER MINUTE! all calls are put through BT which means you will recieve a reliable, secure and crystal clear connection, http://www.mapyournumber.co.uk/africa/nigeria

Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by Unicorn777: 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2010
011Now offers 8 cents per minutes when calling to Nigeria from US or Canada. No PIN is required. They round to one minute.
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by femy2010(m): 6:43am On Nov 07, 2010
Sim Card with an European and a Us number that works anywhere on the globe?
Then call 08036363467 to buy it for just N14k only.
Visit www.onesimcard.com
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by ucheSanja: 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2011
I am using Longcards.net
Their Calling cards have short pin codes ( only 6 figures) and the quality is outstanding. PINs are delivered instantly to your email and also availabe online. Have both US and UK access numbers.
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by Unicorn777: 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2011
If you have a smartphone you can make free call just about anywhere in the country with 011Now. Here is how to make free calls using 011Now.
Also 011Now has a great referral program.
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by martplus: 3:19pm On Jan 20, 2012
calling US, UK is free. all you need to do is download the telnet software. with the software u can call uk, usa landlines and mobile for free. for more inquiries on how to install the software contact 08124186807
Re: Cheap International Calling Cards (Nigeria) by ekemma85: 1:46pm On Feb 02, 2012
I found this deal http://www.localphone.com/call/nigeria to call Nigeria for 3.5p per minute. It's not a calling card you can just call straight from your mobile. I'm studying in England and signed up to Localphone today, I called my mum back home and it works! You also get a free 5 minute call when you sign up so you can try it before you pay. This offer is only until 8th February, but after that it will cost 4.4p per minute which is still the best price I have seen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Hot S3 FAQ : Everything You Need To Know / My Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (damzyofficial23) / Xiaomi Phone Dealer And Other Chinese Variant Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.