Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

02/03 Camry Aka Big 4notin Bushings/linkage Noise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 02/03 Camry Aka Big 4notin Bushings/linkage Noise (3263 Views)

How To Remove Bushings / No Stabilizer Linkage On Corolla 2009? / White Smoke When I Start The Engine -03 Camry (EXPERTS IN D HOUSE TO RESPOND PLS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

02/03 Camry Aka Big 4notin Bushings/linkage Noise by Dadaa(m): 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
Nlanders pls help o

I just got an 02 camry which happened to be my 6th car but 1st Toyota. I drove it for d 1st time and heard lots of noise like bad absorbers noise. On taking it to d mech he checked and said its d linkage both front and rear. He totally yanked of a thin rod stretching from left to right rear wheel wit som moveable joints and told me there was no need to replace it.
He claimed its not my absorbers and its a common camry prob starting from 97 tiny light up and replacing it wud just amt to a waste of money cos in a few mths d noise wud continue.
But in all honestly I drove it and d noise from d rear reduced drastically.
Pls whats d implication of d absense of d rod
Also I may need recommendation of a good toyota mech and a spare part shop for original Toyota parts.
Re: 02/03 Camry Aka Big 4notin Bushings/linkage Noise by atikubaba(m): 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
pls take a snap shot of wat he removed for easy identification and advice
Re: 02/03 Camry Aka Big 4notin Bushings/linkage Noise by elektra80: 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dadaa: Nlanders pls help o

I just got an 02 camry which happened to be my 6th car but 1st Toyota. I drove it for d 1st time and heard lots of noise like bad absorbers noise. On taking it to d mech he checked and said its d linkage both front and rear. He totally yanked of a thin rod stretching from left to right rear wheel wit som moveable joints and told me there was no need to replace it.
He claimed its not my absorbers and its a common camry prob starting from 97 tiny light up and replacing it wud just amt to a waste of money cos in a few mths d noise wud continue.
Also I may need recommendation of a good toyota mech and a spare part shop for original Toyota parts.

You need to change ur mechanic. The way u described it then its probably the stabilizer bar that was removed, otherwise known as Sway bar. I really don't know why Nigerian mechanics are quick to delete a component from a car (e.g thermostat) as if they know more than the engineers that put it there.

The stabilizer bar is part of the suspension and it helps in keeping the car from rolling in a sharp turn. It gives the car a better balance, so I don't see why the mechanic would have to remove it. He should rather replace the bushings and linkages attached to the stabilizer bar instead of deleting everything.
Re: 02/03 Camry Aka Big 4notin Bushings/linkage Noise by elektra80: 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2013

You need to change ur mechanic. The way u described it then its probably the stabilizer bar that was removed, otherwise known as Sway bar. I really don't know why Nigerian mechanics are quick to delete a component from a car (e.g thermostat) as if they know more than the engineers that put it there.

The stabilizer bar is part of the suspension and it helps in keeping the car from rolling in a sharp turn. It gives the car a better balance, so I don't see why the mechanic would have to remove it. He should rather replace the bushings and linkages attached to the stabilizer bar instead of deleting everything.

1 Like

Re: 02/03 Camry Aka Big 4notin Bushings/linkage Noise by Dadaa(m): 5:24am On Nov 05, 2013
Thanks I wud upload d picture shortly
Re: 02/03 Camry Aka Big 4notin Bushings/linkage Noise by JUO(m): 6:56am On Nov 05, 2013
I see the reason why I often see this car on bush, fence, roof top by the road side

1 Like

Re: 02/03 Camry Aka Big 4notin Bushings/linkage Noise by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 05, 2013
^^^ Oga JUO, no vex abeg explain wetin u mean by that I no understand am well.
Re: 02/03 Camry Aka Big 4notin Bushings/linkage Noise by kenx1(m): 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
# elektra80
"You need to change ur mechanic. The way u described it then its probably the stabilizer bar that was removed, otherwise known as Sway bar. I really don't know why Nigerian mechanics are quick to delete a component from a car (e.g thermostat) as if they know more than the engineers that put it there.

The stabilizer bar is part of the suspension and it helps in keeping the car from rolling in a sharp turn. It gives the car a better balance, so I don't see why the mechanic would have to remove it. He should rather replace the bushings and linkages attached to the stabilizer bar instead of deleting everything."

Your so right..i had mine changed some weeks ago

Re: 02/03 Camry Aka Big 4notin Bushings/linkage Noise by Dadaa(m): 9:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
Sway bar?

Re: 02/03 Camry Aka Big 4notin Bushings/linkage Noise by ceysaga: 12:20pm On Nov 07, 2013

You asking means that you are not sure removing the part totally is a good idea and you are right. I has same issues last month and my mechanic chained the back rod. He said it was very necessary to have a functional back rod to ensure proper balance of the car. Never mess with your wheels because the hazard that could cause is deadly.
Re: 02/03 Camry Aka Big 4notin Bushings/linkage Noise by chukel(m): 2:10pm On Nov 07, 2013
Dadaa: Sway bar?
Dadaa, ur mecho is maaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Abeg carry dat sway bar with the linkages go meet anoda mecho to fix dem back. But u will replace the sway bar bushings and the stabilizer linkage. Dat guy is a killer

(1) (Reply)

How To Save Money On Fuel (car Owners) / Honda Baby Boy Problem / How To Spot A 'kazeem' (kazeem's Top Fixes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.