Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,463 members, 7,781,342 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:43 PM

Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? (29066 Views)

See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? / Why Many Nigerian Women End Up As Housewives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by NobleG1(m): 11:58am On Nov 05, 2013
Women nowadays claim to want to be treated equal. Equal pay, equal opportunity, they are independent, they don't need men to take care of them, etc... I agree with them wholeheartedly.

However, when push comes to shove, women expect men to do the heavy lifting and they uphold the double standards that benefit them. They want meals paid for, dates paid for, bills paid for, vacations/trips paid for, gifts, etc... They want doors opened, they always want the man to treat them like queens. I could go on and on.

Then if a guy is foolish enough to do all this crap for women, the women won't have the decency to say thank you or appreciate it. They just expect it and feel entitled to be treated like something special (like they have some sort of gold or diamond or magic va-gi-na).

I just want to know what makes a female have this sense of entitlement?

7 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by pickabeau1: 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
Answer in bolded red..

Because another guy is ready to do anything to enter that punny once you offload it

That thing has destroyed kingdoms grin grin

Noble.G:
Women nowadays claim to want to be treated equal. Equal pay, equal opportunity, they are independent, they don't need men to take care of them, etc... I agree with them wholeheartedly.

However, when push comes to shove, women expect men to do the heavy lifting and they uphold the double standards that benefit them. They want meals paid for, dates paid for, bills paid for, vacations/trips paid for, gifts, etc... They want doors opened, they always want the man to treat them like queens. I could go on and on.

Then if a guy is foolish enough to do all this crap for women, the women won't have the decency to say thank you or appreciate it. They just expect it and feel entitled to be treated like something special (like they have some sort of gold or diamond or magic va-gi-na).

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by lirusehn(m): 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
Arosa:

That is irrelevant in this case, You can say Nigerian women or Nigeria's women, they are both correct. But not Nigeria women. Get it?

When used as an adjective (i.e. someone's nationality), the correct form is 'Nigerian'.
http://www.englishclub.com/vocabulary/world-countries-nationality.htm
comment reservd. U can go ahead and say lagosian women. No biggie
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by lirusehn(m): 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
Arosa:

That is irrelevant in this case, You can say Nigerian women or Nigeria's women, they are both correct. But not Nigeria women. Get it?

When used as an adjective (i.e. someone's nationality), the correct form is 'Nigerian'.
http://www.englishclub.com/vocabulary/world-countries-nationality.htm
comment reservd. U can go ahead andwrite lagosian women. No biggie
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
Noble.G:

tongue tongue tongue tongue

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by GoodFaith: 1:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
steve_cantrell:

Then 20 years down the line , one of the kids is getting married and Dad swears he will have nothing to do with wedding if Mom is invited...then they will say some men are mean, unreasonable and heartless.
Please. the kids are Innocent
The sin of their mother should not be on the kids
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Arosa(m): 1:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
lirusehn: comment reservd. U can go ahead and say lagosian women. No biggie

I do say that and it's not wrong to. grin
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by lirusehn(m): 2:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
*waltz in2 thread* *sees everybdy sleepin* *shouts at 'em.* ar u paid 2 sleep? U paid 2 argue not 2 sleep. *pours water on 'em* *away i go*

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by lirusehn(m): 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
Arosa:

I do say that and it's not wrong to. grin
now i undastand. NO P o sir. sad :/ cheesy
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by fpeter(f): 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
I COULD GO ON AND ON WITH THE LISTS OF UNGRATEFUL NIGERIAN MEN
I HAVE ALSO HELPED IN THE PAST......
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Denko2721987(m): 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
I think the main reasons we are having these issues of ungratefulness among many Nigerian ladies is becos of their corrupted/narrow mindsets about men in general (all men are dogs, they just wanna f**k)... Its all part of the decay that has eaten and is fast destroying the fabric of this our 21st century generation. So when a man helps a lady, she may just feel the man in return would need her body as pay back and the best way from their own unfortunate reasoning (even if i wouldnt blame them) to deter or stir the man away from that is by showing very little or nor appreciation for what he has done for them cos being so appreciative would mean indirect acceptance to pay-back with her body or letting her guards down.. So some would do dat hoping the man that helped them wouldnt ask for a pay-back favour, some would do it not to feel too cheap by been over-appreciative while some would do it make the man feel he hasnt done enough, hence the need to do more....

3 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by pickabeau1: 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
fpeter: I COULD GO ON AND ON WITH THE LISTS OF UNGRATEFUL NIGERIAN MEN
I HAVE ALSO HELPED IN THE PAST......

hmmm..if this is true, you are an exception

Denko2721987: I think the main reasons we are having these issues of ungratefulness among many Nigerian ladies is becos of their corrupted/narrow mindsets about men in general (all men are dogs, they just wanna f**k)... Its all part of the decay that has eaten and is fast destroying the fabric of this our 21st century generation. So when a man helps a lady, she may just feel the man in return would need her body as pay back and the best way from their own unfortunate reasoning (even if i wouldnt blame them) to deter or stir the man away from that is by showing very little or nor appreciation for what he has done for them cos being so appreciative would mean indirect acceptance to pay-back with her body or letting her guards down.. So some would do dat hoping the man that helped them wouldnt ask for a pay-back favour, some would do it not to feel too cheap by been over-appreciative while some would do it make the man feel he hasnt done enough, hence the need to do more....

You nailed it but principles are principles

Saying Thanks opens more doors for one

3 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Rejoice5000(f): 5:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
dabrake:

Can you imagine that
That's why I stopped helping women long time ago. If I must help, you, you must pay me in kind(not just once). Nonsense.
If that is ur mind set frustration will not erude u,frustration will turn to ur second name.Receive in kind my foot.Bush meat
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by funnyx(m): 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nice thread, I have gone extra mile to help people in the past be it male or females and have gone my fingers burnt on several occasions. However, I've learnt my lessons, now I only help people when I've got nothing to lose, I won't go extra mile or inconvenience myself for anyone not even my siblings.
Sometimes you don't even care about their ungrateful attitude but when some them go behind your back to speak ill of you and say some unprintable things you just cannot but get very angry.

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
Geeh!!!....this topic brings back some resentments that I have towards we Nigerian women...As a Nigerian woman myself, I am very careful when it comes to helping my fellow Nigerians women.....Most of them are very ungrateful, rude and do not have an ounce of loyalty in them; they are the last to stand up for their fellow Nigerians. Mind you, most of this women are old enough to be mom and grandma's....They do believe they've not only entitled to receive help, but also expect you to leave your plans for them to focus on making their's comfortable whenever they need your help, but WHENEVER it becomes the other way around will not lift even a finger to help......We Yoruba women take the cake with such behavior.

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
Everyone claiming to be the helper...

Who are the helpee grin grin.

I help I help.....who then is receiving the help na? Abi those ones no dey Internet ni?

Mtcheeew...

even stingy morafucas claiming to be helping
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by vanstanzy(m): 7:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
Bros, not only u. I have faced this kinda sh!7 in the hands of women. Women are naturally ungrateful, but can learn generousity like an apprentice learns a new trade. Its everywhere. To them (women) getting whatever they get from u, a man, is their right, so no need thanking u. Even if God had nothing to give women, do u think they will flock to him asking him for everything?
Guy, i have for long decided in my heart that its better to help my fellow man than to help a woman. Not that i don't get out of my way to help, but i would rather do it for a man that will appreciate the assistance than for a woman that will insult you on top of it.
When i help a woman, i don't even bother to stay back and hear "Thank you" from her, cos most times it doesn't come. I take it that God has seen the help and that's ok for me.
But this is for our women, u can still learn how to be appreciative. Life is a learning phase!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by dabrake(m): 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
Rejoice5000: If that is ur mind set frustration will not erude u,frustration will turn to ur second name.Receive in kind my foot.Bush meat
And you know I'm frustrated. Right? Clap for yourself. By the way, learn to spell correctly.

2 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
dabrake:
And you know I'm frustrated. Right? Clap for yourself. By the way, learn to spell correctly.

Shey you dey mind am? God knows how many lecturers she paid 'in kind' in exchange for grades, or how many ogas she must have paid 'in kind' for NYSC postings, jobs, promotions, cash, and other much-needed favours. Na to dey come online come form saint dem sabi.

If a man can't be sure that he would receive recompense 'in kind' for rendering significant help to these mgbekes, then it is never sensible to help them. Full stop. Most times sef, the yeye kpekus is not worth the help rendered (in comparative value), but at least it is better than getting nothing in return.

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by dinoxiv(m): 11:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
freecocoa: Can the bashing of naija females stop already?

Its a human thing to be ungrateful, its not exclusive to naija females alone, nonsense.

Shvt d fvck up ... angry
-Can't b'liv that sm1 cud actually spill this... undecided
if ungratefulness comes naturally to U.. then learn to speak for yourself...

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by soulglo: 1:31am On Nov 06, 2013
dino_xiv:

Shvt d fvck up dear... angry
-Can't b'liv that sm1 cud actually spill this... undecided
if ungratefulness comes naturally to U.. then learn to speak for yourself...
What exactly are you on? You sound like you're on drugs.
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by ijescorner: 8:30am On Nov 06, 2013
this is rather harsh of Nigerian women (most as you say)

Just keep in mind that men can be just as scandalous. Have you never heard of stories where women also train/support their so-called partners who then turn around and leave? Or men who marry women into getting citizenship and then disappear?

I think an ungrateful person will always be an ungrateful person regardless of gender!
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by pickabeau1: 12:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
ijescorner: this is rather harsh of Nigerian women (most as you say)

Just keep in mind that men can be just as scandalous. Have you never heard of stories where women also train/support their so-called partners who then turn around and leave? Or men who marry women into getting citizenship and then disappear?

I think an ungrateful person will always be an ungrateful person regardless of gender!

Please can you support with examples also..

Patience suported Jonathan.. he is still with her to all our consternation
Women marry men for papers ... even more ... they become harpies once they land yonder ...

Read the saga of the overseas nurses
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by dinoxiv(m): 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
soul_glo:

lols... Anoda ungrateful schmuck
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
Na wah! Broke niccas still dey lament for this topic grin grin...

Chai! No be small o.
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by AreaFada2: 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
Chillisauce: Na wah! Broke niccas still dey lament for this topic grin grin...

Chai! No be small o.

We know your like. You count everything in Naira and Kobo, Dollar and cents.

Many guys are not talking about money.

The woman who wanted me to be her child's father by force, I didn't give her a farthing. I didn't sleep with her either.
My help was different and so are lots of men.

Well we know that learning is not some people's forte.

3 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by dabrake(m): 5:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
ijescorner: this is rather harsh of Nigerian women (most as you say)

Same thing happened to my exes family. Mum supported dad, dad later hit it big, dad saw mum was too old for him, dad went for a younger girl, abandoned the family, . . .
But girls are the highest culprits with respect to the issue of non-appreciation. A simple "Thank you, I'm grateful" won't kill.

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by dinoxiv(m): 12:13am On Nov 07, 2013
soul_glo:
lols... i see... Ur just anoda ungrateful schmuck cheesy
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by soulglo: 12:18am On Nov 07, 2013
dino_xiv:
lols... i see... Ur just anoda ungrateful schmuck cheesy

Scroll up a little bit. Just wanted to point out that you already said that.
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 07, 2013
soul_glo:

Scroll up a little bit. Just wanted to point out that you already said that.
SO WHAT'S YOUR POINT... cool

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Gorgeous4lyf(m): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2013
The simple rule is: Don't expect any thank-you or appreciation from any person you intend to help, be it a man or woman; in that way, you don't feel bad when the thank-you doesn't come...God is the ultimate rewarder..

2 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 12, 2013
Nigerian men only help those who they want to have se.x with, so the equation is balanced. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Curses Out Families Who Squander Money Sent Home By Relatives Living Abroad / Fire Kills Wife And 3 Children At Home In Minna, Niger State (Photos) / Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.