Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Igbo Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency (2026 Views)

2019 Igbo Presidency-we Are Not Interested-ipob / Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid / Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Presidency by abevolve: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
WHEN WILL WE HAVE A PRESIDENT FROM THE SOUTH-EAST?
One of the things that worked against the great sage was sectionalism. Obafemi Awolowo was a true Yoruba man but barely a Nigerian. The only argument against Dim Ojukwu was that he was an Igbo man than he was a Nigerian. John Pepper Clark was also sectional.
One reason the North has ruled Nigeria more than any other region is that they are always national. Their politics is national, their politicians are multi-regional brands, and their arguments are federal.
Yes they use their region as a power bloc but they never sought to governor/lead just the northerners. They wanted to lead the whole of Nigeria. They are not interested in breaking Nigeria; they see Nigeria not as divided units -North, South, East or West. This was how PDP won the 1999 elections; bringing an Obasanjo that was not so popular in the South to fly on the wings of all of Nigeria.
When will the Igbo man become President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria? When they stop being Igbo! I am sure Bola Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Segun Osoba, Adams Oshiomole, Mohammed Buhari, Adams Oshiomole saw the same thing and they moved for a national party.
If Buhari is Boko Haram then Goodluck Jonathan is a militant and Rochas Okorocha is MASSOB. Yes, that is the idea and I can see you smear because we all know it is not true. Fashola does not hate the Igbos more than Theodore Orji hates Anambrans. Peter Obi is not a better Igbo man than Chris Ngige, in fact affiliation suggests Ngige better than Victor Umeh.
My point is this: if the Igbos want to be President of Nigeria they should start fishing in the big waters and that is what Rochas Okorocha, Chris Ngige and the likes are doing. Staying regional will continue to get you marginalized because political allocation is based on electoral strengthen and patronization. If you think I am wrong then why is Tambuwal sitting on a position that was zoned to the South-west?
Let the Igbos forget about the Igbo party and take their politics to the national frontiers. Let them jettison their fear and distrust for the other regions. Let them start joining forces with other regions and start contesting to rule Nigeria rather than rule the Igbo man – for all Nigerians are not Igbo.
Secessionism is not the answer to the Igbo man’s plight. The answer is full integration into national politics. A political amalgamation of the Ndi Igbo ideology into Nigeria’s political culture. An alignment with other regions for political, economic, infrastructural and social growth. Without these things presidency will only be a wish that might not come to pass for the Igbo man.
No single region can crown its son/daughter as the president of Nigeria, thus, for there to be a president of Igbo extraction there must first be an intercourse both in ideology and personality between the Igbo politician, the Yoruba ideologist and Hausa elite. THIS IS THE ANSWER TO AN IGBO PRESIDENCY IN NIGERIA – now or later. The likes of Rochas and Ngige might not become president but by joining national politics they have laid a foundation – the kind of foundation Martin Luther King laid for Obama’s presidency.
Let true nationalism begin ….
Abbey Balogun
Change is inevitable

Long live Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
Your write up is very succinct and germane! I hope the people who the message is meant for will not #yinmu at its content!

By the mere sighting of your name at the end of the article,bigots and regional irredentists may be at daggers drawn with you for offering unsolicited advise but how I wish todays' Ndigbos will halt and ask themselves what is it they want from this Union!

Prevarication and political ambivalence will never help the cause of an Igbo Presidency.

Selah!
Re: Igbo Presidency by DerideGull(m): 7:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
@OP

I can not fathom the silly infatuation the Yoruba people have on the Nigeria’s presidency and Ndigbo. What is wrong with the Yoruba people? It has been publicly made known to them that any Igbo man or woman who hungers for the president of Nigeria should be publicly shot.

Most Ndigbo are seriously thinking about disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria and this deluded author is busy daydreaming of the so-called president of Nigeria who is going to be Igbo man or woman. What a case of bad malaria.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2013
The Igbos gave Olusegun Obasanjo, a Yoruba man block votes two times in 1999 and 2003. The question is, if an Igbo man decides to contest for the presidency can the Yorubas ever give an Igbo man such support? I doubt it very much.

Anyways, the Yorubas are not our problem, let us first decide unitedly as a people what we want from Nigeria and demand it with one voice.
Re: Igbo Presidency by Gorrbachev: 7:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
DerideGull: @OP

I can not fathom the silly infatuation the Yoruba people have on the Nigeria’s presidency and Ndigbo. What is wrong with the Yoruba people? It has been publicly made known to them that any Igbo man or woman who hungers for the president of Nigeria should be publicly shot.

Most Ndigbo are seriously thinking about disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria and this deluded author is busy daydreaming of the so-called president of Nigeria who is going to be Igbo man or woman. What a case of bad malaria.

As usual, douchebag unlimited

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency by DuduNegro: 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ibo into which Presidency, the Nigerian or Biafran
Re: Igbo Presidency by eye4eye: 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: Ibo into which Presidency, the Nigerian or Biafran

It has to be Biafra.
Re: Igbo Presidency by 0monnakoda: 9:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dive-Bomber:
The Igbos gave Olusegun Obasanjo, a Yoruba man block votes two times in 1999 and 2003. The question is, if an Igbo man decides to contest for the presidency can the Yorubas ever give an Igbo man such support? I doubt it very much.

Anyways, the Yorubas are not our problem, let us first decide unitedly as a people what we want from Nigeria and demand it with one voice.
What was the alternatie to Obasanjo? The Ibos did not do Yorubas a favour voting Obasanjo. Obasanjo was a Northern choice and a Northern imposition

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency by ifyalways(f): 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
I'll just "swallow" what I wanted to type. I no get strenght for fight.

The bigger question is :
What do Igbo's want

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency by PointB: 9:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
Every Yorubas Tom, D1ck, and Harry seems to be an expert these days on how Igbo can become President and what's not. They say we should jettison fear and distrust for other tribes, yet in the lands of those tribes, we account for the second largest population after the indigenes. Where is the so called fear and mistrust coming from? From some bias and deeply bigoted self acclaimed Igbo affairs expert I should think. It is idiotic to presume a separate country is not the best solution for Igbo, when you are neither Igbo nor live in Igboland.

So I say stick those advises to your south-end where the sun never shine, and stop crying more than the bereaved. "There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come."

Yorubas shedding crocodile tears for Igbo Presidency, should rather weep for themselves and their family. Nigeria is a cesspit, as Dede1 would always say, the sooner we bring an end to it, the better for all us.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency by 0monnakoda: 9:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
yes o! make una secede naa. I trust Eboes they are very brave Men!!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency by DuduNegro: 9:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
ifyalways: I'll just "swallow" what I wanted to type. I no get strenght for fight.

The bigger question is :
What do Igbo's want

They want Jonathan to hand over to them.

I wonder who they are going to then hand over to after their term is served.
Re: Igbo Presidency by 0monnakoda: 9:46pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: Ibo into which Presidency, the Nigerian or Biafran

Ladipo Market. I hear they will have Eboe Babaloja soon. So that will be the Market President
Re: Igbo Presidency by jmoore(m): 9:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
I want a Nigerian president.
Re: Igbo Presidency by DuduNegro: 9:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
PointB: Every Yorubas Tom, D1ck, and Harry seems to be an expert these days on how Igbo can become President and what's not. They say we should jettison fear and distrust for other tribes, yet in the lands of those tribes, we account for the second largest population after the indigenes. Where is the so called fear and mistrust coming from? From some bias and deeply bigoted self acclaimed Igbo affairs expert I should think. It is idiotic to presume a separate country is not the best solution for Igbo, when you are neither Igbo nor live in Igboland.

So I say stick those advises to your south-end where the sun never shine, and stop crying more than the bereaved. "There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come."

Yorubas shedding crocodile tears for Igbo Presidency, should rather weep for themselves and their family. Nigeria is a cesspit, as Dede1 would always say, the sooner we bring an end to it, the better for all us.

You have no shame!

Ordinary state....just a political unit - Anambra - in your own land, you have reduced it to a political circus, but you want to rule 36 of them, 31 of which are outside your domain of control. Where is the competency to achieve that?

If you have that level of political know how, then apply it in Anambra and bring in order and civility.

If I see one more topic in Nairaland suggesting Ibo presidency I go set this forum ablaze!

Yeye dey smell!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency by DuduNegro: 9:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
0monnakoda:

Ladipo Market. I hear they will have Eboe Babaloja soon. So that will be the Market President

The day Ibo is nominated Babaloja in Ladipo I gosend parrot egg to Akiolu.
Re: Igbo Presidency by Brimmie(m): 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
Awon eleyi foolish gan o! grin grin
Re: Igbo Presidency by eye4eye: 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
PointB: Every Yorubas Tom, D1ck, and Harry seems to be an expert these days on how Igbo can become President and what's not. They say we should jettison fear and distrust for other tribes, yet in the lands of those tribes, we account for the second largest population after the indigenes. Where is the so called fear and mistrust coming from? From some bias and deeply bigoted self acclaimed Igbo affairs expert I should think. It is idiotic to presume a separate country is not the best solution for Igbo, when you are neither Igbo nor live in Igboland.

What a dolt! Get it in your skull, Ibo man will never rule Nigeria. Power sharing is between North and South (Southwest) alone. Southsouth ruling now won't happen again till we separate.

This is the best way to realise your dream country (Biafra).

1. You and your fellow Ibos should start immediately to move to alaibo.

2.Stop participating in Nigeria's election.

3. Tell all Ibo senators and house of rep. members to stop showing up for work.

4. Start rejecting federal allocations meant for the East.

5. Stop applying for Nigerian passport. Gather yourselves in Enugu and burn the current Nigeria passports you all currently possess and burn it in the public.

6. Better still, declare another war and get wiped out on the surface of planet once and for all.

We will be taking you serious if if you do everything I just listed.

Failure to do what I listed means your are not really ready to have your own country. All these Biafra this, alaibo that are just mere air pollution to the society.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency by PointB: 10:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

You have no shame!

Ordinary state....just a political unit - Anambra - in your own land, you have reduced it to a political circus, but you want to rule 36 of them, 31 of which are outside your domain of control. Where is the competency to achieve that?

If you have that level of political know how, then apply it in Anambra and bring in order and civility.

If I see one more topic in Nairaland suggesting Ibo presidency I go set this forum ablaze!

Yeye dey smell!

lol Chief Negro,
I didn't know you have this gargantuan propensity for fooling. My guy, you are a good clown. Keep it up! You'll soon take over from Baba Suwe, without the drug courier part, I hope. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency by 0monnakoda: 10:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

The day Ibo is nominated Babaloja in Ladipo I gosend parrot egg to Akiolu.
you should learn to give and take. The Ibos hve already ZONED the Presidency of Onitsha Main market the biggest market in the Milky Way to a Yoruba Woman Risikatu Ibadilayewa
Re: Igbo Presidency by PointB: 10:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
eye4eye:

What a dolt! Get it in your skull, Ibo man will never rule Nigeria. Power sharing is between North and South (Southwest) alone. Southsouth ruling now won't happen again till we separate.

[s]This is the best way to realise your dream country (Biafra).

1. You and your fellow Ibos should start immediately to move to alaibo.

2.Stop participating in Nigeria's election.

3. Tell all Ibo senators and house of rep. members to stop showing up for work.

4. Start rejecting federal allocations meant for the East.

5. Stop applying for Nigerian passport. Gather yourselves in Enugu and burn the current Nigeria passports you all currently possess and burn it in the public.

6. Better still, declare another war and get wiped out on the surface of planet once and for all.

We will be taking you serious if if you do everything I just listed.

Failure to do what I listed means your are not realy ready to have your own country. All these Biafra this, alaibo that are just mere air pollution to the society.[/s]

I don't really have much time on my hand now, least of all, time to respond to all manners of foolishness and sub-intelligent assertions. Just note one thing, Nigeria is headed for the rocks. If it does survive it, there is NO, repeat, NO political permutation that will throw up a youroba presidency before Igbo. But then, some of you are just too 'sophisticated' to rationalise simply stuff. I reckon it's best to allow you (all) wallow in your inanity, that is powered by hateful sentiments! Carry go, nothing do you!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency by eye4eye: 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
PointB:

I don't really have much time on my hand now, least of all, time to respond to all manners of foolishness and sub-intelligent assertions. Just note one thing, Nigeria is headed for the rocks. If it does survive it, there is NO, repeat, NO political permutation that will throw up a youroba presidency before Igbo. But then, some of you are just too 'sophisticated' to rationalise simply stuff. I reckon it's best to allow you (all) wallow in your inanity, that is powered by hateful sentiments! Carry go, nothing do you!

SMH for this delusional chestbeating Ibo dolt. There is no way an Ibo man becomes Nigerian president without the full support of one major ethnic group in Nigeria. You hate Hausa/Fulani, hate Yoruba, and hate everybody and you expect to be trusted with the presidency? Keep believing in your delusion of grandeur.

Get it permanently into your Igbo that Ibo man won't be president in Nigeria until you stop your hatred and renounce the call for Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency by abevolve: 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
Call me Yoruba man and i will not object but should you call me a southerner ... i will roll my sleeves in defence because I am a Nigerian.
I laugh when most people because their parents called them Chukwudi, Amaka, Emeka, Kingsley, Ngozi, Umeh, Obi, etc think they are more in tune with what obtains in the South-east than the rest of us. Well you are wrong.

I have followed politics in all of Nigeria. I have ready Dim Ojukwu's account of the Civil war, I have read Gowon and Obasanjo's account. I have gone through international journals of the events of the civil war and i know better than you ... 'Ifeanyi.' I have recently read Professor Chinua Achebe's "there was a country" and i have my respect for the Igbo people.

Believe it or not the only ethnic group in Nigeria that is at war with almost everyone else is the Igbo. I believe this ethnic nationality needs to be accorded her rightful place in Nigeria. But no one will give you what is/ought to be yours until you strategically position yourself for same. APGA is a good party but it does not have the structure to deliver the dream Nigeria that the Igbos want or the advocacy/preasure group that the Biafra nation needs to come to life.

Politics is about alignments and permutations. Your alignment and permutation must be right to get the right results. Your interest cannot be protected if you cannot have good working relationship with your peers. You cannot stay in Nnewi and expect to be called a Nationalist. Zik transversed through Nigeria that was what gave him the Prime Minister position. Pius Anyim, Chuba Okadigbo, Authur Nzeribe and the likes had to swim in the big waters before they could be acclaimed as national figures, even chukwu emeka chukwu-merije is more relevant than Victor Umeh.

Until you stop being a South-eastern Nigeria, you cannot take your place in Nigeria.
Awka, Enugu, Abakaliki, Aba, etc are not the FTC and until you can either play at the FTC or fight for the FTC you are not ready for the business of developing your people's interest in particular and Nigeria in general.

The truth must be told (even if you no like am)

Long live Nigeria!
Re: Igbo Presidency by CyberG: 7:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
PointB:

But why do you resort to all this insults for people who you don't know and who are simply making their opinion public? Yes, you are Ibo, but why do you take out your frustration on the OP and people who are contributing to the thread? I will only remind you that hatred for them will not get you anywhere and Hausas and Yorubas know this too well, and although a minority of Ibos may be less hateful of other Nigerians, it seems the hatred of the majority will always be the yardstick of judgement for you people. I suggest, like the OP, that you tone down this hatred. Whether or not Ibos become president before Yorubas, you might want to know that even if Ibos attain the presidency before the Yorubas and the Yorubas afterwards, the number of years for the Yorubas will still be greater. However, that will not be a problem, the real problem will be that since the Northerners and Westerners know of the hatred towards them from Ibos, how are you going to influence them to get them to vote for you? It is obvious that the Hausas are more likely to vote for a Yoruba candidate and vice versa with the Yorubas ahead of the Ibos, how are you going to change that and correct this image problem? Rather than throw around insults, it would be more beneficial to fix this major problem first before anything else.
Re: Igbo Presidency by CyberG: 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
ab_evolve: Call me Yoruba man and i will not object but should you call me a southerner ... i will roll my sleeves in defence because I am a Nigerian.
I laugh when most people because their parents called them Chukwudi, Amaka, Emeka, Kingsley, Ngozi, Umeh, Obi, etc think they are more in tune with what obtains in the South-east than the rest of us. Well you are wrong.

I have followed politics in all of Nigeria. I have ready Dim Ojukwu's account of the Civil war, I have read Gowon and Obasanjo's account. I have gone through international journals of the events of the civil war and i know better than you ... 'Ifeanyi.' I have recently read Professor Chinua Achebe's "there was a country" and i have my respect for the Igbo people.

Believe it or not the only ethnic group in Nigeria that is at war with almost everyone else is the Igbo. I believe this ethnic nationality needs to be accorded her rightful place in Nigeria. But no one will give you what is/ought to be yours until you strategically position yourself for same. APGA is a good party but it does not have the structure to deliver the dream Nigeria that the Igbos want or the advocacy/preasure group that the Biafra nation needs to come to life.

Politics is about alignments and permutations. Your alignment and permutation must be right to get the right results. Your interest cannot be protected if you cannot have good working relationship with your peers. You cannot stay in Nnewi and expect to be called a Nationalist. Zik transversed through Nigeria that was what gave him the Prime Minister position. Pius Anyim, Chuba Okadigbo, Authur Nzeribe and the likes had to swim in the big waters before they could be acclaimed as national figures, even chukwu emeka chukwu-merije is more relevant than Victor Umeh.

Until you stop being a South-eastern Nigeria, you cannot take your place in Nigeria.
Awka, Enugu, Abakaliki, Aba, etc are not the FTC and until you can either play at the FTC or fight for the FTC you are not ready for the business of developing your people's interest in particular and Nigeria in general.

The truth must be told (even if you no like am)

Long live Nigeria!

If your opinion is not appreciated or needed and you only get insults in return, it's much better to just keep it away! Remember the saying cast not your pearls before the swine lest they trample on them and then turn around and tear you!
Re: Igbo Presidency by Slizbeat(m): 9:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
See them giving the igbos a strategy on how to hit the Presidency slot.

Leave the igbos alone and stop gallivanting in their affairs.

Anambra election is more talked about by the yorubas than even the entire igbos all in a bid to impose APC on the populace. Both on the internet and on daily issues as if they will vote when the time comes.

Igbos are of course so many in number that wherever they find themselves, they always reflect during population count even though 2006 census was the biggest scam of all and had to underpopulate their numbers, yet they don't argue like they have the determining factor even though it's evidence they do. They always hate anything imposition and always want equality but in the present day Nigeria, it seems like they are no good or relevant.

If every tribe thinks so about them, why not let them go?? Are you afraid of what will happen if they do?? These questions keeps on bothering me but yet no one seems to have an answer.

On a free and fair election, we cannot win any presidential slot cos the good amongst us now are not known and that's a major problem.
Re: Igbo Presidency by CyberG: 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
Slizbeat: See the giving the igbos a strategy on how to hit the Presidency slot.

Leave the igbos alone and stop gallivanting in their affairs.

Anambra election is more talked about by the yorubas than even the entire igbos all in abid to impose APC on the populace. Both on the internet and on daily issues as if they will vote when the time comes.

Igbos are ofcourse so many in number that wherever they find themselves, they always reflect during population count even though 2006 census was the biggest scam of all and had to underpopulate their numbers, yet they don't argue like they have the determining factor even though it's evidence they do. They always hate anything imposition and always want equality but in the present day Nigeria, it seems like they are no good or relevant.

If every tribe thinks so about them, why not let them go?? Are you afraid of what will happen if they do?? These questions keeps on bothering me but yet no one seems to have an answer.

On a free and fair election, we cannot win any presidential slot cos the good amongst us now are not know and that's a major problem.

He that must come to equity must come with clean hands, something the Ibos are now unable to do! As far back as before independence, there was a GOLDEN chance for Ibos to "go" but they did not and neither did they leave a room for anybody to go as Azikiwe wanted a single Nigeria, shunning progressive alliance with Chief Awolowo to take sides with the north, whom he knew that could not compete on the same level with the Ibos. It was clear that in any arrangement that brought both North and East together, the North could derive a lot of benefits but the East will derive MUCH more benefits from such arrangement because the workforce to replace the departing expatriate whites would be drawn mostly from the places where the leaders of the country came from. That is exactly what happened and that was why for example, Ibos were the VCs of most Nigerian universities in the 50's, were the majority officers in the army, were the supervisors in the railways, airways, seaports, etc, add all that together with Zik as ceremonial president and give PM to Balewa, there was no better deal! Zik knew that someday Balewa (north) would cease to be PM but the thousands of Ibos at the top of virtually all government agencies is a major win for the Ibos while almost all the norther Hausas will be messengers, hewers of wood and fetchers of water for their ogas, etc.

When this eventually failed because of the coup, an attempted power grab, a war, etc and then that top position which Ibos coveted at that time was lost, why would the Hausa who now realize they were shafted badly relinquish their stranglehold on what remains the legacy of Zik's short-sighted alliance, which lasted less than 10 years? Since 1966, more than 40 years, the Ibos have to live under the yoke of what happened because of less than 10 years of shafting the rest of the country. The Westerners that were sidelined when Zik passed up the opportunity definitely have no moral burden to interfere in helping the people who declined the hand of partnership, when it was time to lay a good foundation. This is why it is difficult for the rest of Nigeria to let Ibos go and that is why all parts of Nigeria are now trapped into this quagmire! The Yorubas, Hausas, Ijaw, ND, MB, etc cannot go (legally) because we are not all trapped and except the law is changed to allow for parts of the country to "go", other parts of the country will be legally obliged to use force against an errant part who thinks it could do whatever it likes illegally. My only suggestion is that let Ibos support REGIONAL governments during this conference (if it is real) and that will be the first step to independence for them and every part of Nigeria today!
Re: Igbo Presidency by CyberG: 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
Double post!
Re: Igbo Presidency by Kponkwem(m): 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
This Yoruba newfound vocation for Igbo Presidency what's the motive? It is truly suspicious. Let it be made known to them that the Igbo don't need their unsolicited advice.

Before any Yoruba lapdog of the Gambari ever became President or military head of state the Igbo have produced both. So I wonder why they are so concerned except to divide the east?
Or is it part of the frustration of losing their presidential slot to the lapdog and consequently lack any moral justification to request same nor will ever smell presidency till the next 26 years?
Or are they worried that Ndigbo beside being close to power through the incumbent from the old eastern bloc, also enjoy a groundswell of opinion both locally and internationally to produce the next president?

Let me repeat my earlier question, of what use is an Igbo president now in this hell-hole of a country that is defective, skewed, unproductive, tribalistic, underdeveloped, corrupt, poor, violent, and retrogressive?

Igbos need not waste their Jehovah-ordained talents on such an irreformable monster. Nigeria need Ndigbo's ingenuity more than Igbo need it. If they say Igbo should leave their lands, there are millions of Igbo doing businesses in 'Biafran' markets all over West Africa and beyond unmolested.

On a lighter note, relishing on that Abia chap Chinedu Echeruo who walked away with more than $1billion after only selling his hopstop web application to Apple in the USA. http://the360hub.com/apple-buys-nigerian-chinedu-echeruos-hopstop-for-1-1-billion/

Umuigbo onye ajuru aju a na aghi aju onwe ya, ka anyanwu unu adana. Uwa n'ile bu ogbo unu. (Children of Igbo the despised does not reject himself, may your sun never go down. The globe is your stage).
Re: Igbo Presidency by kettykin: 10:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
DerideGull: @OP

It would be a great injustice and fatal blow on Nigeria if igbos leave Nigeria, Nigeria is doomed, finished with out the the igbos, that Nigeria is the giant of Africa is the igbos , that Nigeria is respected world wide and feared is the igbos, Nigeria wouldn't have gone to the world cup with out igbos, no nation's cup, no Olympic gold medals with out igbos, no Nollywood movies, no big stage entertainers like don jazzy, p square faze, no okocha, kanu nwankwo, no chinedu echeruo, no pwer mike, dick tiger, no okonjo iweala, pat utomi, emeagwali, Ken nwabueze.Nigeria would have remained like Niger or Chad with out igbos , so igbos need to soft pedal on Biafra

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency by Chamackh(m): 10:58pm On Nov 11, 2013
Kponkwem: This Yoruba newfound vocation for Igbo Presidency what's the motive? It is truly suspicious. Let it be made known to them that the Igbo don't need their unsolicited advice.

Before any Yoruba lapdog of the Gambari ever became President or military head of state the Igbo have produced both. So I wonder why they are so concerned except to divide the east?
Or is it part of the frustration of losing their presidential slot to the lapdog and consequently lack any moral justification to request same nor will ever smell presidency till the next 26 years?
Or are they worried that Ndigbo beside being close to power through the incumbent from the old eastern bloc, also enjoy a groundswell of opinion both locally and internationally to produce the next president?

Let me repeat my earlier question, of what use is an Igbo president now in this hell-hole of a country that is defective, skewed, unproductive, tribalistic, underdeveloped, corrupt, poor, violent, and retrogressive?

Igbos need not waste their Jehovah-ordained talents on such an irreformable monster. Nigeria need Ndigbo's ingenuity more than Igbo need it. If they say Igbo should leave their lands, there are millions of Igbo doing businesses in 'Biafran' markets all over West Africa and beyond unmolested.

On a lighter note, relishing on that Abia chap Chinedu Echeruo who walked away with more than $1billion after only selling his hopstop web application to Apple in the USA. http://the360hub.com/apple-buys-nigerian-chinedu-echeruos-hopstop-for-1-1-billion/

Umuigbo onye ajuru aju a na aghi aju onwe ya, ka anyanwu unu adana. Uwa n'ile bu ogbo unu. (Children of Igbo the despised does not reject himself, may your sun never go down. The globe is your stage).
zigara ha ozi Chi anyi ka mma. I appreciate your write up.
Re: Igbo Presidency by Kponkwem(m): 11:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
kettykin:
It would be a great injustice and fatal blow on Nigeria if igbos leave Nigeria, Nigeria is doomed, finished with out the the igbos, that Nigeria is the giant of Africa is the igbos , that Nigeria is respected world wide and feared is the igbos, Nigeria wouldn't have gone to the world cup with out igbos, no nation's cup, no Olympic gold medals with out igbos, no Nollywood movies, no big stage entertainers like don jazzy, p square faze, no okocha, kanu nwankwo, no chinedu echeruo, no pwer mike, dick tiger, no okonjo iweala, pat utomi, emeagwali, Ken nwabueze.Nigeria would have remained like Niger or Chad with out igbos , so igbos need to soft pedal on Biafra

They don't seem to appreciate this fact. Which other tribe possess the natural beauty, charisma and swagger of the Igbo? Maybe these traits inspire envy, but they still need us in this shithole except that they are ganging up to delay our final ascendancy. Smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

World's 10 Most Unstable Countries / Iyabo Obasanjo: I Wrote The Letter / "The Triumph Of General Aguiyi-ironsi"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.