Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,141 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer (1417 Views)

Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Members Disrupt Lecture At UNIBEN (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by wildchild1: 6:13am On Nov 05, 2013
FG’S: Offer is full of expectations and hope
After thirteen hours of negotiations, the President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) Dr. Nasir Isa Fagge on tuesday morning was not forthcoming with the new Federal Government’s offer as he insisted that his members have the final say on the issue.
Speaking with State House correspondents, he said that the meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan discussed how to tackle the problem of University education system in the country.
He said: “Well we have had lengthy meeting with Mr. President, rubbing minds on how best to address the problem of University education in this country.”
“And we now have a message from Mr. President we are going to take to our members. And we are expecting that our members will respond appropriately to the message of Mr. President.”
On whether the lecturers are going back to the classroom, he said: “That is up to our members.”
Asked what the message was, he said: “I can’t tell you. Its not for you. It is for our members.”
If impressed with the message, he said: “Don’t put words into my mouth. Our members will determine that.”
Also speaking with journalists at the end of the meeting, the Minister of Labour Emeka Wogu said: “We made progress, the President of ASUU told you that they are going back with a message from the Federal Government back to their members. And the message is full of high expectations and hope.”
On whether the strike will be called off, he said: “That is why the message is full of high expectations and hope. So our prayers is that they come back with positive outcome. They might not even come back to meet us, they might take decisions there that will meet your expectations.”
“Nigerians should be patient for ASUU to finish their meetings and come out with a message to Nigerians.”
Responding to whether the Federal Government made a fresh offer, her said: “Well, the offer we made are the offer they are taking in line with the 2009 agreement. The issues that led to the strike are issues contained in the 2009 agreement and we did not go beyond the agreement.”
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/strike-ASUU-members-decide-fed-govts-fresh-offer/
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Davo93(m): 6:23am On Nov 05, 2013
Were eleyi gidi gan ooo... After my e-vigil, you mean you won't tell me what you guys discussed inside that room?? SMH. Na so life dey take be, where are the protagonists of this strike? Faggae said the outcome of strike talk you so much supported is not for you cheesy
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Sermwell(m): 6:23am On Nov 05, 2013
S
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 05, 2013
is that so
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by torbie(m): 6:27am On Nov 05, 2013
aaaaaah nah waiting things again....after all the vigil.
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by almujeebe(m): 6:31am On Nov 05, 2013
13hrs of meeting without tangible outcome. One day this strike of a thing will become story . we are already thinkin lik dat
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by kwaraguy(m): 6:31am On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 05, 2013
The strike as bin called off
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by uzydicekid: 6:34am On Nov 05, 2013
Does anything gud kum from mid-night meetings??..hands crossed till members reply
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 05, 2013
Smh, their is no hope, if the fed govt didn't meet the demand 100%, then all this meeting was for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 05, 2013
Pweedylipsmoi: The strike as bin called off
can u read at all
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Rexsul: 6:39am On Nov 05, 2013
yesoooo even d devil himself cn nt stop ASUU from caln off dat strike.........Oya make i go dust my book.
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 05, 2013
gcfr.com:
can u read at all
No, cum nd teach me.....ode
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Rexsul: 6:42am On Nov 05, 2013
Ebig22: .
oya come hug me 4 being d first 2 comment.
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by wasak(m): 6:42am On Nov 05, 2013
Seriously I don't seem to care any longer.. d strike can linger for all I care #making money everyday #

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Rexsul: 6:45am On Nov 05, 2013
Pweedylipsmoi:
No, cum nd teach me.....ode
my problem wit fine girls........dem no dey get manners.
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by wasak(m): 6:50am On Nov 05, 2013
Rexsul: my problem wit fine girls........dem no dey get manners.
u check her pics @ all? I swear she. no try!
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Provie(m): 6:59am On Nov 05, 2013
ASUU has bn given a rope 2 hang itself. If dey do not bow out now dat d ovation is high, & wit dis new offer dat dey admit is ful of hope, den let dem take wayeva comes their way. Nigerians are watching.
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by lawrence112(m): 7:00am On Nov 05, 2013
So na afternoon food n nite food assu go eat 4 aso rock instead of d meeting ba weiting assu no fit tell say fG tell them till dem go consult there oracle b4 dem go tell us weiting dey dis 1 show clearly say na there pocket na him dem dey fight 4
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by ignis: 7:03am On Nov 05, 2013
Provie: ASUU has bn given a rope 2 hang itself. If dey do not bow out now dat d ovation is high, & wit dis new offer dat dey admit is ful of hope, den let dem take wayeva comes their way. Nigerians are watching.
What is this one saying?
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by tsleazy(m): 7:27am On Nov 05, 2013
Sermwell: S
this guy has the habit of posting crap all Nl
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Davo93(m): 7:35am On Nov 05, 2013
ignis:
What is this one saying?
He's saying the real fact!! If ASUU no gree reach compromise with a 13hours talk with the presidency, maybe na God dem wan negotiate with. #SMH

2 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by eluquenson(m): 7:35am On Nov 05, 2013
Still same stories...shit lipsrsealed
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Provie(m): 7:36am On Nov 05, 2013
SMH for som pple.

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Provie(m): 7:40am On Nov 05, 2013
Davo93: He's saying the real fact!! If ASUU no gree reach compromise with a 13hours talk with the presidency, maybe na God dem wan negotiate with. #SMH

U wil liv long my broda. Somtimes one wonders wat som pple ar made of.

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Timijo(m): 7:42am On Nov 05, 2013
Fegge should be wary of being used by opposition politicians. They should call off the strike immediately . It s stupid to go to negotiation with “all or none” mindset like they had done before now. They should be reasonable in their demands. This is the worst strike by ASUU where professors organise demonstrations and protests at Market squares like street urchins just to draw sympathy to their plight. They too should do serious soul-search and answer this questions: if the universities were deregulated and lecturers paid according to their competence and output, how many of them would be worhty of half of their present pay?

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by kufzy: 7:42am On Nov 05, 2013
Front page topic... I was searching for this kind of news there
Re: Strike: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer by Fynestboi: 7:47am On Nov 05, 2013

(1)

ASUU Strike: Full List Of Universities That Voted To End/continue Strike / Waec Gce: 100% Sure Biology {alt To Practical} Answers / KSU Admission List 2014/2015 Out On JAMB Porta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.