Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Vibrating Car Engine: Causes - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vibrating Car Engine: Causes (34835 Views)

Vibrating Car (not Engine Seating) / Components To Avoid When Washing A Car Engine / When To Change Your Car Engine Oil: The Mileage Way! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by abusumaya: 2:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
Same issues last month...changed my spark plug cables and its been fine..probably a cut in one of the four cables,which is leaking current.u can get a set from Ladipo for 1500-2000.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by kingschild123(m): 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
Get thee to a Tire Store and put that car
in the Air.Check for broken belts on a
front tire,a worn out or damaged tie rod
end.Or one of the axle shafts could
have a bad CV Joint.All of these can be
spotted under your car for free.Do not
go too far without finding out,it will
only get worse and possibly cause the
loss of control at speed.There is a
possibility the rear motor mount could
be worn out causing a motor shake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by lainex(m): 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
check for da faulty plug
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
I had a similar problem and after changing the engine seating, the problem was solved. For a C Class benz, the seating can easily be seen but I don't know much about the Honda.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by lainex(m): 2:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
Atimes it might be the plug wire u can remove da plug wire and try it maybe it wud spark on da engine
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by Toktee(m): 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nutase: I experienced same and it took me almost a year to get it resolved in Apo, Abuja after jumping from one mechanic to another like a woman in search of a solution to her barreness . In fact what took me dia was my car a/c when I bumped into this mechanic who miraculously reduced d vibration from 100% to 8%.
He asked me to buy new engine seatings which I did, he now reconstructed it after taking some measurements and like magic d vibrations stopped.
I don't know for you but my own was caused by engine seatings.
THANKS BRO,U ARE RIGHT,MY HONDA ACORD VIBRATE XPECIALLY WHEN I SLOW AT THE TRAFFIC,IT WAS VRY EMBERASIN UNTIL THE MACHANIC DISCOVERED THE damaged seater.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
ur cylinder has misfire, u need to change ur spark plugs, if it doesn't work then change ur ignition cores. The troubleshooting code is P0301 to P0304 depending on d cylinder that is faulty

If u don't get it fixed on time, it could clog ur catalytic converter, becos u now run ur car on a rich mixture (gas burning more than oil), then causing oil leaks into exhaust that could be d end of ur car, because to buy it is close to 100k

But start from the least expensive , which is the spark plugs. Don't wait until it damage other parts of ur car
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by GoodNigerian: 3:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
ighoosagie: ur cylinder has misfire, u need to change ur spark plugs, if it doesn't work then change ur ignition cores. The troubleshooting code is P0304

If u don't get it fixed on time, it could clog ur catalytic converter, becos u now run ur car on a rich mixture (gas burning more than oil), then causing oil leaks into exhaust that could be d end of ur car, because to buy it is close to 100k

But start from the least expensive , which is the spark plugs. Don't wait until it damage other parts of ur car
Bros, PO300 is about cylinder misfire(generic); PO301-misfire at cylinder 1; PO302-misfire at cylinder 2, etc. Therefore, PO304 is ... You got it!
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by oyinbogirl(f): 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
engine mounts ?
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by homeboy205: 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
HEY CHANGE YOUR ENGINE SEAT
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by babyboy453: 3:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
Maybe grinding the valves and valve seats would help ifthat is where the fault is...
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by arnold123: 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
defective nozzle, plug or mostly coil pack
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by levelszik(m): 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
Check your exhaust manifold attatched to d engine,cause if its not properly tightened to d engine,it wld loose the compression needed to stabilize the engine.secondly,ask ur mechanic to adjust ur air flow meter/actuator,it also contributes immensely to engine vibration when out of setting.thirdly,check ur enging seating,as these also causes vibration when there is a play/tolerrance within d contact surface of the seating and the engine balance rod.fourthly,when buying a fuel,pour injector/cabureautor cleaner into ur tank,depending on which one ur car use.if problem persists,mail me so I can recommend my mechanic who definitely would fix it in no time at all.I live in ibadan,good luck! Ezikem2002@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by victorazy(m): 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
ZIM DRILL: a damaged plug can cause that, etc the list is endless

start by checking the plugs, then the coil pack/s, the leads if it has them

also scan the car

and also change the mechanic when they say the engine is weak what do they mean and also as them what causes the engine to be weak ?

every car has an idle speed and am sure it should be below 1 aka 1000 rpm but it doesnt mean it is the same for every car same idle at 650 some at 700 etc

Yep! Also check the Engine Sittings if they are Ok. How long has he been using the engine oil?

1. Plugs
2. Engine Sittings
3. Engine Oil
The major factors
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by 2rutalk1: 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
The Camshaft sensor is malfunctioning. All you need to do is either to clean it or replace it. Camshaft sensor is located below the timing belt. Just do this and you will be saved. Thank you.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by InvertedHammer: 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
/
Did you wash your engine recently?

Anyway, possible causes:

Check your spark plugs.
Possible blown head gasket (if it emits white smoke from the exhaust pipe also)
Valve cover gasket leak
Bad coils.

Start with the least expensive and work your way up.
Better go for a scan.

//
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by invectives(m): 4:03pm On Nov 05, 2013
stolen stone: Good people of NL, how ya doing?? Pls I need expert or experienced advice frm you, I drive a 2003 Honda Accord-4cylinder. I noticed that the car engine vibrates alot at rest, or when the tachometer is a little above Zero but not One, or even in traffic jam when the engine aint doing much, its so worrisome that in such situation i have to switch the transmission to Neutral for it to remain calm, Most times when the AC is on and the tachometer is at a reading less than One, it vibrates vehemently. They've tried setting the car engine cos they said it might be low but it gave a temporary relief and then came back, I've been to several auto mechanics who have said so many things like the engine is weak, some said the engine seatings may be bad, some said i should give them the car so that they will loose the steering, engine and what have you to detect the problem, now that got me worried because it was gonna be an invasive approach to a seemingly small issue. Pls I need your input as to what could be the cause of the vibration and how to go about fixing it, the cost of such repairs and other useful maintenance tips for me and other auto users. Thanks folks
Dude !!!,I had the same problem I came on here and no body could diagnose it,nairalanders,Diagnostic or my Mechanic.it was the timing belt adjuster dat was bad.One day,it broke off from the engine block,we replace it and Walllaaaaaa no more Vibration.Tell em to check dat adjuster bro.I'm enjoying ma Civic now,no more Jerking like Jerkinson.

1 Like

Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by fili24: 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2013
Tell your mechanic to check the engine seats.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by tpbehappy(m): 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
The problem with your car is a minor fault of bad injector nossle. Tell your mechanic to help u service the injector. U can call me on 07064208736, i can assure you that u wont spend more than 5k in fixing this problem. Shikena.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by vitality22(m): 4:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
I had the same issue, though mine is 2004 toyota corolla. I changed the engine sitting and the problem got solved immediately. Just check your engine sitting.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by seangy4konji: 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
if its not plugs,then its the engine seat thats bad....
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by chineloSA(f): 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
Engine mountings smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by Panzastrip(m): 6:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
Engine Mount
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by malele(m): 6:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
had the same issue with my camary 2001 , i almost ran mad,before it was solved.
check ur spark plugs
check ur fuel filter
check ur ECM
check ur air filter
if there is black soot on any of the spark plugs(not oil soot oo) then ur car has an electrical problem,send it to a rewire.
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
RockMaxi:

There you are! undecided

Dawg, do I know you?
Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by cardoctor(m): 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
stolen stone: Good people of NL, how ya doing?? Pls I need expert or experienced advice frm you, I drive a 2003 Honda Accord-4cylinder. I noticed that the car engine vibrates alot at rest, or when the tachometer is a little above Zero but not One, or even in traffic jam when the engine aint doing much, its so worrisome that in such situation i have to switch the transmission to Neutral for it to remain calm, Most times when the AC is on and the tachometer is at a reading less than One, it vibrates vehemently. They've tried setting the car engine cos they said it might be low but it gave a temporary relief and then came back, I've been to several auto mechanics who have said so many things like the engine is weak, some said the engine seatings may be bad, some said i should give them the car so that they will loose the steering, engine and what have you to detect the problem, now that got me worried because it was gonna be an invasive approach to a seemingly small issue. Pls I need your input as to what could be the cause of the vibration and how to go about fixing it, the cost of such repairs and other useful maintenance tips for me and other auto users. Thanks folks

I don't know how far you've gone with all the suggestions on this forum. Sorting out an engine vibration issue is usually a daunting task hence all advice from numerous members here.

A recent experience from a similar make and model of car hat was brought into the workshop last week has taught me a very important lesson when dealing with this particular model of Honda cars and more importantly the engine vibration issue.

Fake new engine mounts are usually the culprit and there are so many of them in circulation.

The car was brought in to my workshop with broken engine mounts on the front, rear and the one on the side that bolts directly to the right hand front chassis. Funny enough, despite the broken mounts, there wasn't much noticeable vibration from the car engine. We promptly changed the mounts to brand new ones that were supposed to be originals bought by the customer.

Immediately the car engine started, a vibration like a volcanic eruption started. While seated in the drivers seat and holding on to the steering during engine idle, you would feel like you were being treated to a violent body massage. The car rattled and shook even more violently when the ac is switched on. Absolutely unbearable and could be quite embarrassing if you have passengers in the car with you.

Anyway, we checked if any of the mounts have been fitted wrongly but all was ok. Brand new engine mounts? shouldn't go wrong. Called my dependable Honda part seller and quickly took delivery of another set of new engine mounts (A bit more expensive though). Had them fitted and the vibration disappeared like magic.

I decided to conduct a forensic examination of the new (fake) engine mounts in comparison with the new (original) ones and discovered that front and rear fake mounts were considerably lighter than the original ones. secondly, the fake mounts didn't seem to contain oil inside the mounts to hydraulically absorb the vibration as they should have been designed to.

@OP. Have you recently had your engine mounts changed? If so, change them again with more original ones that contain the hydraulic fluid and has more weight in comparison with the ones currently on the car.

Best of luck.

Car-Doctor.

3 Likes

Re: Vibrating Car Engine: Causes by koolguy88(m): 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
check ur engin seating...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Confirmed: Rolls-royce Cullinan SUV Is Coming With Suicide Doors (photos) / 5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria / Man's Car Submerged By Flood In Benin After First Rainfall Of The Year. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.