Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,466 members, 7,781,347 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:56 PM

India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ (18174 Views)

FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout / Buhari Apologies To Nigerians Over Fuel Scarcity, Pump Price To Remain At N87 / Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by abu12: 8:21am On Nov 05, 2013
*.Nigeria will retaliate, envoy says
A Nigerian consular official warned yesterday that thousands of Indians in Nigeria will be “thrown out on the streets” if the India police doesn’t stop evicting Nigerians from their rented homes in Goa, Ummid has reported. Speaking to IANS after meeting members of the Nigerian community in Goa, bureaucrats and police officials over the last two days, consular attache, Jacob Nwadadia, said the Goa government had until 9 p.m. yesterday to stop the illegal eviction process.
“There are only 50,000 Nigerians living in India, but there are over one million Indians living in Nigeria. Thousands of Indians living there will be thrown out on the streets if forcible eviction of Nigerians in Goa does not stop,” Jacob said.
The official said Nigeria was five hours behind Indian Standard Time and that there would be time for the Nigerian government to order action against Indians living there. The Goa government said yesterday it will write to the Nigerian embassy after a number of Nigerians living in Goa were found to be using only photocopies of passports and visas as proof of their nationality, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said. Mr Parrikar was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a government function at the secretariat. “We have questioned a lot of Nigerians and were verifying their documents. Most of them have only photocopies of their passports and visas.
We are going to ask the Nigerian embassy to verify these documents,” Mr Parrikar said. This is part of a verification drive started by the Goa government which will inspect documents of all foreign nationals living in the state.
The drive was announced after Nigerian nationals blocked a National Highway Thursday for hours protesting the murder of a Nigerian by a local drug gang. Both MPs from the state, as well as many people have been calling for a boycott of Nigerians living in Goa even as many liberals have called these statements ‘racist’ in nature.
The Goa government has ordered a crackdown on all foreigners living in this tourism hub after a bitter clash between a mob of over 200 Nigerians on one side and police and locals on the other.
The Nigerians, who were protesting the murder of one of their compatriots, had blocked National Highway 17 for several hours, demanding the presence of Nigerian consular officials for the autopsy proceedings.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/indian-government-evicts-nigerians-over-photocopy-passports/
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by OgaTheTop2: 8:35am On Nov 05, 2013
cool
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by ceo4eva: 9:41am On Nov 05, 2013
This is really serious.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 05, 2013
Hmmm...seriously....wat recent wit ASUU meeting...cheesy
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 05, 2013
its when u leave Nigeria that you realise what the government has done.....i am in Uganda and i have promised never to regret being called a Nigerian....Naija be d best abeg

6 Likes

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by alfredo4u(m): 9:43am On Nov 05, 2013
Me am from Afghanistan, I ve nationalised here

Am safe here

Indiana govt.....make una respect unasef ohhhhh

Nija pple r accommodating
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Vicjay1(m): 9:44am On Nov 05, 2013
indian again. naija don suffer.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Caseless: 9:46am On Nov 05, 2013
If not for the fact that most nigerians wanna be seen as 'based abroad', why would one leave nigeria to go and meet situation similar to that of nigeria? Their poverty level fit pass our own sef.
50000 nigerians in india and 1 million indians in nigeria ? This tells u the situation in nigeria is favorable.
FG Abeg, chase those smelling things(indians) enslaving nigerians working in their companies here in nigeria out pls. They want cheap labour too..1diots!

3 Likes

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by otokx(m): 9:46am On Nov 05, 2013
Vic-jay:

As in eh, Indian wey poverty wan almost finish.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 05, 2013
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Lilimax(f): 9:47am On Nov 05, 2013
I said it the other day a Nigerian was killed in India,
these Indians should not start a fight they cannot sustain sad

1 Like

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by osmond2009(m): 9:48am On Nov 05, 2013
Nigerians, may God help us even our fellow third world countries are insulting us like this. Oya nija police over to u make una begin hunt for Indians in Nigeria, no time

4 Likes

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by vvvbobby205(m): 9:48am On Nov 05, 2013
Where are d 1 Million indians in 9ja? I hope they aren't the beggars tho? Cuz they living on d street. Already! undecidedWhere are d 1 Million indians in 9ja? I hope they aren't the beggars tho? Cuz they living on d street. Already!

1 Like

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by ednut1(m): 9:48am On Nov 05, 2013
Empty threats, u will throw out 9jerian india, ifa hear
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 05, 2013
Nigerians should be careful before these Indian snakes use them for rituals..anyway I know my incompetent government is jus blabbing about putting Indians on the streets...A country that can't account for illegal immigrants in its territory. Its a pity!!
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by iamteaser: 9:50am On Nov 05, 2013
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by HAH: 9:52am On Nov 05, 2013
If there are 1 million indians in Nigeria that means 0.66 percent of Nigeria are indians

I doubt

9 Likes

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 05, 2013
there is no place like home! I wonda wat those nigerians re looking 4 in india dat is not in nigeria? come bk home n contribute to d development of our nation and stop importing keke napeps from india into nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 05, 2013
1million Indians in Nigeria? Abeg make dem pursue all dis ones in our BUILT n Construction Industry make Young Engineers see employment. #WickedAsians

2 Likes

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Italiano1: 9:54am On Nov 05, 2013
This is what happens when some Nigerians engage in drug smuggling, it is just pathetic. The only good thing about this particular case is that Indians are quite familiar with the Nigerian set up so they know the difference between the main tribes- essentially they know the criminal ones.

2 Likes

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 05, 2013
abeg government give us direct order, I have 3 Indians here wey I wan treat their f*ck up
mumu Indians
wetin Nigerians dey do for that poor country self
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by nerodenero: 9:54am On Nov 05, 2013
No place like home.

1 Like

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by oduaboy1: 9:57am On Nov 05, 2013
Lilimax: I said it the other day a Nigerian was killed in India,
these Indians should not start a fight they cannot sustain sad
And who told you they cant sustain the fight,stop speaking ignorantly.:/:/:/
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by iyobs7(f): 9:58am On Nov 05, 2013
Vic-jay:

They will continue to suffer when they choose to be a disgrace to their nation.
I am schooling in India and more than 50% of Nigerians in my state are Yahoo boys and
they live extravagant lives in a country that does not even appreciate their presence
Indians are nice people when they find out that you are nice but will certainly bring out their
Bad side when you show them how irresponsible you are.

The Nigerian that was killed was involved in a gang and was a drug Lord, is that why he went to India?

When you know you are not in your country, you should try to behave yourself.
Nigerians that dont even have jobs in India are driving expensive cars when the normal average man
in India is driving a scooty. Because of the sins of the dead now, others are now affected. and you are here talking about Naija don suffer mstchewwwwwwwwww angry angry angry

27 Likes

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 05, 2013
Nigeria is a dead country. Needs scientific cleansing.

Every country has rejected you ppl.
Chai cheesy.

Me sef don port Tay Tay.

YEYE dey ouzz

1 Like

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 05, 2013
Favour should be returned. angry

1 Like

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by Aromas: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2013
Empty threat, but wait o why can't we re-strategies and build our country by ourselves. Walahi the major problem we are facing right now comes from those who fought for our independence. Yes, because we are not ripe enough to be independent. We should have allow those colonials to build our country to the extent that we will all know that YES grin!!!! we're competent like SOUTH-AFRICA who is the only Africa country who has can enter or migrate to ENGLAND without visas or any passport. So the problem is from home and the present leaders we have nowadays don't even bother about their citizens who are in their father land not to talk of those who migrate to other countries for survival.

1 Like

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by lonelydora: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2013
Let them come and start the eviction from my office. We have a lot of Indias here, and they r doing nothing.
Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by tellwisdom: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2013
I am an Indian and you people can't do anything. Una dey kiyaze for head angry angry

1 Like

Re: India Evicts Nigerians Over ‘Photocopy Passports’ by skyscraperTM(m): 10:03am On Nov 05, 2013
Education is the key, but ASUU don spoil the
padlock.

Oops, wrong thread!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari's Government Deserves Praise For Improvement In Power Supply / ‘Obaseki Lied’ — Zainab Ahmed Denies Printing N60bn To Support March Allocation / Patience Jonathan Leaves German Hospital, Checks Into Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.