Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Romance Story- The Neigbours - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Romance Story- The Neigbours (42924 Views)

Bloodshot -a Short Romance Story / A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 10:15am On Nov 05, 2013
"brrr, brrrr, brrr" the sound of the alarm woke dennis up, he got up, looked at the time, it was 6:00am already!, he could not believe it, he was almot late for work on his first day... He rushed to the shower as quick as possible, showered, brushed his teeth and by the time he finished, it was 6:20am already, as he came out of the bathroom, he wondered what made him wake up this late, he had set the alarm for 5:00am, it must have rang and rang without him hearing, but it was actually not his fault though, he was not one to oversleep, he had over worked himself the weekend... moving into a new apartment was not an easy task, and he had to do it all by himself, his friend wale who was supposed to help him, had to travel urgently, dennis looked around the house as he dressed up, he was grateful to God for this job, he had been squating with one friend or the other since he moved to abuja... After he graduated, he came hoping to find greener, but he had been searching for a job for 5 years until he was lucky to get this one, he had walked through the lenght and breadth of the abuja town looking for job, during this time his girlfriend of 7years ditch him for another guy, thinking of it now, it was for good, he wouldn't blame her though, he believed everyone deserved a good life, and he wasn't going to hold back from having hers... Dennis looked at his wrist watch , it was 6:45am, the distance between wuse2 and central area was not much, he thought to himself, he locked his door and went to his car... As he started the car, he thought to himself that this was his first day at work, and he was going to impress, nothing less.. *to be continued*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 10:38am On Nov 05, 2013
As dennis walked into the building of HILS & SILLS COMPANIES, he was mesmerized, their branch office where he had done his interview was not as beautiful as this, well this was their H.Q(headquaters) so he was not suprised, he felt priveledge to be working in the company, as he stood there lost in his thought staring at the state of the art facilities, a tap on the back brought him back to reality, turning back, what he saw was more beautiful than the state of the arts facilities, he had to ask himself if he was in heaven...

2 Likes

Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 11:17am On Nov 05, 2013
"Hy" was all he could mutter as he stared at the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, she smiled back at him and asked him why he was looking at her like that, he told her nothing and smiled again, she told him to follow her, so she could show him his office and brief him on somethings... As he walked behind her, he could see her behind swaying left and right, he wondered if she was doing purposedly, her behind was big, he did not know when he started singing a song he always sang as a boy "17, 18, 19 orobo", the lady heard him and asked him what he was saying, he said nothing and smilled again, she asked him if he always smiled when asked a question, he said no and smiled again, she told him "whatever" and showed him the door to the office... As they entered the office, he couldn't believe what he was seeing, the office was so neat, comfy and beautifully decorated, it had an a.c, a system, a mini-bar, and a mini-parlour, he was still admiring the the office when the lady asked him if he was done, he replied her saying "done with what?", she then asked him why he was always staring like a village man, he smiled again saying nothing, she then showed him some files that he was going to work on, as she was about to leave, he asked her what her name was, that she did not tell him, it now was her turn to smile, she replied telling him to forget about her name and focus on doing the job, she ended saying "the boss does not take delay likely, better get to work" and she walked out..

1 Like

Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 11:18am On Nov 05, 2013
Comments will help grin THANK U
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 11:18am On Nov 05, 2013
To be continued later
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by toluxe0075: 11:23am On Nov 05, 2013
*Spreads mat, grabs 8 bottles of ogogoro, oya op ride on jare

1 Like

Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 11:47am On Nov 05, 2013
toluxe0075: *Spreads mat, grabs 8 bottles of ogogoro, oya op ride on jare
thanks man i appreciate... Guyz comment, good or bad i will still appreciate
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dollarjunkie: 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
Was here feeling like Dennis until I got a ping from a lady to send her recharge card. Auuuuwcchhh!!! She just brought me back to reality that I don't even have 100bucks to send to her while I was here fantasizing.
Chai! But she for just allow me in that mood... Am moving straight to remove her from my friends list. Mtchewww!!!

Abeg Danny take me back to fantasy land e joorrr oooo
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
Dannyxy: thanks man i appreciate... Guyz comment, good or bad i will still appreciate
Wetin u want make we comment other than to ask for more
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2013
"Hello can i join you" dennis said as he took a chair too sit beside someone in the cafeteria... "no problem, you can sit" the lady he met earlier replied... "My name is dennis, yours?" He asked her smiling... "what do you think you are doing?, you just started work here and you are already flirting? What will you do with my name if i tell you?, huh?, i hope you are through with those files, remember not every one gets to be the p.a to the assistant manager of hills and sills, many people want to be in your shoe, don't squander this opportunity " she said as she got up to leave... "wow, what an attitude" he muttered to himself... "what did you just say?" she said turning back... "nothing" he said, she gave him a stern look and left... Dennis sat down sipping his cold soft drink with a straw, he wondered what he had done to offend the lady, he did not expect his first day at work to be like this, he wondered what position the lady held in the company, maybe she is the receptionist or secetary, she must be either one since she was the one to show him his office, it's the receptionist or secetary that do such jobs... Then what gives her the guts to talk to him anyhow, even if he just resumed he is still her senior, thank God such a lady is not my boss he thought to himself, he wondered who his boss is, he could not wait to him, he would try his best to give a good first impression... Dennis decided to push the earlier incident aside and focus on his work, he was going to ignore the lady when he sees her, afterall he was good at that, he is an introverted person and does not have many friends, he regretted even trying to befriend the lady, even though he was a nobody, he had manage to take himself to a level of worth in society, and no girl could just rubbish him... He was concluding his work when the lady came in again, he behaved as if he didn't see her, she noticed it too, she the told him that the boss was around and was requesting for him, she turned, jammed the door and left... He got up, wore his suit, sprayed some perfume, took the files with him and headed for the bosse's office.. When he got there, he knocked, no answer, he knocked again, no answer, he then opened the door gently and stepped in, as he turned to greet, who he saw widened his eye and left his mouth ajar, infact he was in a state of shock..

1 Like

Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 12:40pm On Nov 05, 2013
Dollarjunkie: Was here feeling like Dennis until I got a ping from a lady to send her recharge card. Auuuuwcchhh!!! She just brought me back to reality that I don't even have 100bucks to send to her while I was here fantasizing.
Chai! But she for just allow me in that mood... Am moving straight to remove her from my friends list. Mtchewww!!!

Abeg Danny take me back to fantasy land e joorrr oooo

enjoy tongue
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ucheosefoh: Wetin u want make we comment other than to ask for more
i go happy say pple dey read, it does alot and encourages the writer... More coming at nite grin
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
This place seems more like a joint to me....

abeg barman nack me 2-crates of star with better bushmeat pepper soup, so i fit gather enough strenght and morals to cheer this OP up.
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by ifex370(m): 8:58pm On Nov 05, 2013
op continue jare.... grin grin grin grin grin grin

barman i need more bushmeat angry angry
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 10:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
"what" was all that could come out from dennis mouth... "Yes, why are staring at me, can't you greet your boss" the supposed boss said... "you? Youu arrr" he found himself stuttering, he didn't know what to say, the lady he had plan to avoid forever, was his boss, how?, he asked himself a rhetorical question... "i know you are suprised, i like to have a first hand experience with those i am dealing with, and you my friend did not impress, give me the file i told you to work on" she said streching her out hand, he quickly handed over the file to her, his heart was very beating fast, it was like a thousand beat per sec, he did not want to loose this job, what would he do, the car, the house, he would loose everything... He then decided to kneel and beg her if he had too "ma,ermm" he was trying to find the right words... "shhh" she cut him off as she went through each page of the file, dennis stared at her and wondered how such a young lady could be in such position, she was flawlessly beautiful, but too uptight, he had finally seen someone worst than him... "you did a fairly good job with the file and for that reason i would not fire you, but you will be on probation for six month, if you misbehave, i would not hesitate to fire you instantly" as she said that, she tore an envelope supposedly containing dennis sack letter... "thank you ma" he said as he turned to leave the office, his eyes stumbled on badge in the office before he left, "emmanuella ettim" he thought to himself, so that's the name she found so hard to tell him, but it occured to him that he had heard that surname somewhere, he was trying to place it in his mind, when he remebered, "i see where the attitude and pride came from" was all he could say..

1 Like

Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 10:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
Please guys, try and comment, thanks
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2013
Well done my boy,well done. grin grin grin
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by RoyalPearl(f): 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
*Following*
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 10:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
Monstertrucks: Well done my boy,well done. grin grin grin
smh, dis is a serious thread oh, no derailing grin
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 10:52pm On Nov 05, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
*Following*
my queen tongue , THANKS ANYWAY
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by RoyalPearl(f): 10:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
Dannyxy: my queen tongue , THANKS ANYWAY
kiss kiss
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nice job bro... Watch ur tenses..
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by ikekings1: 11:08pm On Nov 05, 2013
Abeg fast forward to how you later yanshed your boss!!! Anyways, following shaaa..
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
Dannyxy: smh, dis is a serious thread oh, no derailing grin
yes boss grin grin
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by MsSpaqs(f): 12:53am On Nov 06, 2013
Hmmm...
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 1:01am On Nov 06, 2013
njokusboy: Nice job bro... Watch ur tenses..

thanx bro, i sure will ..
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 1:02am On Nov 06, 2013
ikekings1: Abeg fast forward to how you later yanshed your boss!!! Anyways, following shaaa..
you need deliverance grin grin
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 1:03am On Nov 06, 2013
Monstertrucks: yes boss grin grin
my boi
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 1:04am On Nov 06, 2013
Ms Spaqs: Hmmm...
why are you hmmmming?tongue
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by MsSpaqs(f): 1:07am On Nov 06, 2013
I'm observing
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 1:17am On Nov 06, 2013
Ms Spaqs: I'm observing
all right ms observer, i hope at the end of your observation, you find satisfaction.. grin
Re: Romance Story- The Neigbours by Dannyxy(m): 2:29am On Nov 06, 2013
"oga, wecolme, how work" malam sani one the gatemen greeted as dennis he drove in... "malam how u dey" dennis replied.. "oga i dey bery pine( a typical hausa man pronounces f as p, and b as v, vice-versa), how madam, how pamily?" he asked ignorantly... "dem dey fine" dennis replied sarcastically, he got down from the car, looked around the estate, it was the first time he had chance to view the estate... The estate was a beautiful one, more like a large compound, it had four duplex and four flats, it had neatly cut flowers around the buildings and the roads were tarred... "Hello, you must the guy that just moved in" he hear a soft and tender voice say behind him, he turned, and for the third time that day, he was mesmerized by what he saw... "Yes, i am, hello" he said... "hmm, welcome to the neigbourhood, my name is ann and i am your next door neigbour, i just said i should introduce myself" she replied strectching out her hand... "oh, thanks, i am dennis" he said smilling and taking her handshake... "nice name, by the way, i was going somewhere, see you later dennis" she said bitting her lips seductively, smiled and left... He watched as she walked slowly, ann was also a pretty lady, not as pretty as his boss, but more sexy, she had curves at the right places, and dennis couldn't help staring at her till she was out of sight... atleast the day looked like it was going to end well he thought to himself as he unlocked the door...

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Literature/Writing Complaints Thread / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / Outrageous Books You Won’t Believe Actually Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.