Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,945 members, 7,806,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Why Are GHD Straighteners So Expensive?! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Are GHD Straighteners So Expensive?! (15942 Views)

10 Most Expensive Wrist Watches Nigerians May Have / Boys Don't Care About Your Expensive Hair / Top 8 Flat Irons And Hair Straighteners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are GHD Straighteners So Expensive?! by eyeshadow(f): 11:59pm On Jul 11, 2008
Hello people,

I usually wear my hair natural so I always have to have an electronic straightener but the worst has happened, mine recently packed up and I've had to braid my hair while I shop around for a new one. I used a Remington (which cost me £25) for 2 years and it served it's purpose but a lot of people say if it's not a GHD then it's not worth it. Why? They are so expensive and I don't get it. The least I've seen for a GHD is £99.99 and the most £129.99! What is so special about GHD's? I'm love my hair and there's no limit to the amount I can spend on it but I need to understand what a GHD straightener can do that my poor old Remington didn't.   cry
Re: Why Are GHD Straighteners So Expensive?! by HRhotness(f): 12:04am On Jul 12, 2008
If you've used a GHD, u'll understand why,
Re: Why Are GHD Straighteners So Expensive?! by Seun(m): 10:57am On Jul 12, 2008
What's a GHD? I haven't used one before?
Re: Why Are GHD Straighteners So Expensive?! by eyeshadow(f): 7:12pm On Jul 12, 2008
HR.hotness, from my post it's very clear that I have never owned one. I have used a friend's own but didn't notice any difference, so if u have used or owned one and u know you think the price can be justified, please I'm dying to know, Y IS IT SO EXPENSIVE?

Seun, a ghd is a brand that makes electronic straighteners amongst other things. There are others such as Remington, Babyliss, Toni Guy etc. Others seem to be reasonable in terms of price but ghd's are so expensive and they do the same job. Even the professional Remington straightener cost £44.99 so I don't understand why the basic ghd costs £99.99!
Re: Why Are GHD Straighteners So Expensive?! by HRhotness(f): 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2008
GHDs use iconic technology which involves using ceramic on the blades rather than just traditional metal which reduces the frizzing and damaging impacts on the hair caused by the severe heat. GHDs not only straightens but helps lock in the frizz. . .
eyeshadow:

HR.hotness, from my post it's very clear that I have never owned one. I have used a friend's own but didn't notice any difference, so if u have used or owned one and u know you think the price can be justified, please I'm dying to know, Y IS IT SO EXPENSIVE?

U say u've tried out a friends one, what model was it? cuz they do hav straighteners for African hair,
there is a difference my dear, ur hair stays straighter an smoother for longer, I know grin grin grin grin

I cant justify their price, but I suppose being a patented technology, they can set whatever price they like. I'm sure the prices will begin to drop whenever other companies come up with an equal or better product.
Re: Why Are GHD Straighteners So Expensive?! by iice(f): 10:01am On Jul 16, 2008
I use a babyliss that is when i have energy and time and mine has ceramic plates and whatever. . .
Re: Why Are GHD Straighteners So Expensive?! by spikedcylinder: 11:29am On Oct 13, 2009
I have a Remington straightener at it pretty much does what I want it to do to my hair. My sister has one and cannot seem to do without it, she feels it has to be a GHD or nothing. What does a GHD do besides straightening? Add gold to the hair?
Re: Why Are GHD Straighteners So Expensive?! by myghd555: 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2009
To answer your question,I ought to tell you something about GHD. Established in 2001, GHD is committed to developing the most effective and innovative products for the hair care industry. GHD creats different and beautiful hairstyles with hair straightening irons leading to wonderful results.

If you are looking for [url href="http://www.outlet4ghd.com/"]genuine GHD Hair Stylers[/url] at the competitive price from an

approved website, I recommend you a good online store--www.outlet4ghd.com!

Outlet4ghd.com offer GHD IV Black Styler,GHD IV Dark Styler,GHD IV Gold Styler,GHD Mk

IV Purple Gift Set,GHD IV Pure White Styler,GHD IV Salon Styler,GHD IV Kiss Pink

Styler,GHD Rare New Styler,GHD Pink Limited Edition,GHD Benefit Limited Edition,GHD IV

Pink Styler,GHD Mini Styler,GHD Rare Styler Set,GHD Curling Irons and many more. All

ghds on Outlet4ghd.com are official ghd supplied stock. For each purchase of 2, free

gift and free shipping service in 5-7 days offered! Order with confidence from

Outlet4ghd.com. All ghds sold on Outlet4ghd.com are genuine ghd, direct supplied stock

with full 2 year ghd manufacturers warranty. Wish you a nice mood in shopping real UK

[url href="http://www.outlet4ghd.com/"]g.h.d hair straighteners[/url] at Outlet4ghd.com.
Re: Why Are GHD Straighteners So Expensive?! by bluespice(f): 4:15pm On Oct 24, 2009
iice:

I use a babyliss that is when i have energy and time and mine has ceramic plates and whatever. . .
same here
Re: Why Are GHD Straighteners So Expensive?! by jswk: 10:15am On Jun 09, 2011
Ønsker du en billig ghd rettetang? Jeg introdusere deg til en lokal bar, hvor jeg ofte kjøpe dem billig, bra quality.Good lykke til! ! grin

http://www.ghds-rettetang.com/

(1) (Reply)

(PICZ) Black Woman With Smallest Waist In The World, Releases Bikini Picz / A Close Up At Miss Nigeria / Nigerian Owambe Aso Ebi Styles 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.